Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited May 2015 in Audi
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Audi Q7 purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Q7, please share your experience here.

To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Audi Q7 Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Audi Q7 page.

To see all forums discussions about the Audi Q7, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Audi Q7 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• orvil1orvil1 Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered an 2014 Audi Q7 Premium. I did not want any additional options. It was impossible to find a base model. Everything available was Premium Plus or Prestige. I plan to keep this vehicle 10 to 15 years. I was replacing a 2000 Ford Expedition. I looked at the Mercedes ML350, the Volkswagen Touareg and the Lexus 350. I didn't want a sun roof or a navigation system. In my opinion, just something to go wrong. I would rather replace a $150 Garmin when it dies than a $2,500 navigation system.

I missed out on the Audi Loyalty credit, my A6 is a 1999 and doesn't qualify. The cutoff was 2001. The allocation system estimates middle of September for delivery. Everyone is on vacation in Europe during August.

I did all kinds of estimates and the TDI was not cost effective. I don't put enough miles on the car each year to justify the upcharge. I can buy a lot of premium gasoline with the money I save on a diesel engine. This really surprised me. But, the numbers didn't lie.

While I used Edmunds to provide me with information, I did not use it to negotiate the final sales price. I also had access to TrueCar and to the Audi supplier discount through my employer. What I ended up using was www.fightingchance.com to help me set up a negotiation. It was worth $30 to get the information and follow the directions. It explained how TrueCar was actually a ripoff. I was able to get $500 below invoice on a factory order. If I had really pressed it, I might have gotten more off. But, I felt the offer I received was fair.

I wanted the 2014 before they changed the vehicle. Rumor has it that it will be smaller. I wanted the extra weight for safety and I didn't want a vehicle that was coming from a brand new factory.
  • audiq7girlaudiq7girl Member Posts: 14
    Awesome article. I am so glad you shared this. I will check out fightingchance.com.

I am looking at the 2013 Q7 Premium TDI which every dealer is trying to get rid of. My friend loves her Premium but complaints about stopping at every gas station to fuel up.

If you can get lower than Invoice, you got yourself a GOOD deal!
    NYC PhotoBooth Fun
    @thatglo_up
  • ltlladyltllady Member Posts: 27
    True Car is not really a rip off. It is useful for everyone. One needs to recognize what TC is and what it provides.

TC works closely with dealers. As a result, TC does not represent the best price. The price TC quotes is basically a dealer set price, a price the dealer would like to sell with no negotiation. At a minimum, the TC price is overstated by $300 which is what a dealer pays TC for each new car sale.

Knowing the price at which a dealer will sell without further negotiation is a valuable bit of information. A smart buyer can use that info to get a much better price.
  • noodle125noodle125 Member Posts: 1

Hi all ! Newbie here ... Just purchased a 2014 Q7 (premium plus, cold weather, side assist) at approx 6.5% off MSRP. After reading these reviews I'm beginning to worry about what I may be in for. Anybody else purchase a 2014? What has been your experience so far ... At what point ( # Miles's) should I expe t to have to begin spending a lot on maintenance?

• sungscowsungscow Member Posts: 13

This board isn't too active but can anyone share their recent purchase experience? I'm looking at a 2014 Q7 Premium Plus with warm weather package, side sensors, tow package. MSRP is $58,595. What can I expect to get off this? Any more than 5-6%? Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,104

@sungscow said:
    This board isn't too active but can anyone share their recent purchase experience? I'm looking at a 2014 Q7 Premium Plus with warm weather package, side sensors, tow package. MSRP is $58,595. What can I expect to get off this? Any more than 5-6%? Thanks!

If you can get 5-7% off of sticker, I'd say you are doing good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sungscowsungscow Member Posts: 13

@Michaell said:
    If you can get 5-7% off of sticker, I'd say you are doing good.

Thanks - I was hoping for a better deal with 2015s on the lot and a full redesign coming next year.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,104

@sungscow said:
    Thanks - I was hoping for a better deal with 2015s on the lot and a full redesign coming next year.

Nothing stopping you from making whatever offer you feel is appropriate. Just don't be surprised if the dealer doesn't take it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• mannymannymannymanny Member Posts: 2
    Audi Q7 Premium Plus with Options - Warm, Cold, 20" Wheel, running boards - Around 54K + doc + reg +taxes? -- How does this sounds?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Audi Q7 Premium Plus with Options - Warm, Cold, 20" Wheel, running boards - Around 54K + doc + reg +taxes? -- How does this sounds?

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mannyaroramannyarora Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    Sounds Good to me.
  • mannymannymannymanny Member Posts: 2
    $61K
  • erikjohaerikjoha Member Posts: 8
    2015 Audi Q7 TDI Premier Plus, Teak Brown Metallic, 20" 10 spoke wheels, Cold Weather Package, Towing Package, Read side airbags - MSRP 62150 -list price from Dealer 63075 (including some fee maybe?) - selling price $57946 (6% supplier, 1500 current Audi owner) - should I expect better?