Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, gtechie. The current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 with 15,000 miles per year are .00295 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, newq7. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Q7 4.2 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00107 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00107 and 54%. Audi has never provided any sort of cash incentive on the Q7. It is difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future incentives, but I personally don't anticipate Audi introducing any cash on this truck for a long time. The earliest that I could see it doing so is at the end of the 2007 model year and even then there's no guarantee that it will.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi ctiller. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is too high. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 4.2L Premium is only .00107 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. This factor would be .00015 higher if you decide to have your vehicle's security deposit waived. Make sure to insist that the dealer you are working with use this truck's buy rate to calculate your monthly payment.

The selling price that you were quoted is probably around $3,000 over dealer invoice. I'm not sure what the market is like for this truck right now, but that is a lot of room to play with. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Audi Q7: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dpeck1. While anything is possible, I believe that it is highly unlikely that Audi is providing $1,000 dealer cash on the Q7. Audi was not providing any dealer cash on the Q7 when I looked into its incentives a couple of weeks ago.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi turbobb. Audi Financial Services' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium are .00113 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 Q7 4.2 Premium are .00107 and 52%, respectively. The residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello frank45. $1,500 off is a reasonable discount for this truck right now, but it still wouldn't hurt to stop by the following discussion to see if any other community members have purchased similar trucks recently: "Audi Q7: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 58%, respectively. I just used these numbers and the prices that you mentioned in your post to calculate what your truck's monthly payment should be and I got right around the same monthly payment that you were quoted. This is a good sign because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not marking up your truck's money factor. Overall I would say that this is a decent deal. This is just an expensive truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Audi has sold nearly 5700 Q7's since it came out in June. That's quite a large number for a brand new vehicle that's in that 50-65k price bracket. So I doubt you'll see much in the way of cash incentives.
  • gene00gene00 Member Posts: 115
    Hello car_man. I'm torn between buying a new MDX & leasing a Q7 for 3 years. I'd be looking for a Q7 3.6 Premium with technology and infotainment packages. Can you give the November money factor & residual for this vehicle? Thanks.
  • gene00gene00 Member Posts: 115
    oops - sorry car_man, I forgot to specify the mileage in my lease question. I'm looking for the money factor & residual on a 2007 Q7 3.6 premium with convience, technology, and infotainment packages at 10k miles per year. Thanks!
  • niedecniedec Member Posts: 1
    Car-Man,

First let me say that without this forum I would be totally lost...I have bought/financed a lot of cars over the last 25 years, but, as a newbie to leasing, the postings here have been invaluable, especially in learning about the appropriate buy-rate money factors and residuals that helped in my negotiations the last few weeks.

Here is my question...exactly what tool are you using to compute lease payments? I have used the lease tool on Edmunds, but it doesn't match the dealer's numbers even with all the same inputs. I have also tried other lease calculators found on the internet, and none match the dealer's.

I have negotiated the following deal on a Q7 4.2 Premium, and maybe you can help me compute the proper monthly payment:

MSRP $62,360 (incl Side Assist, Towing, and Wood Steering Wheel Option)
    Disc $1,500 (seems in line based upon other postings)
    S/P $60,860+2,500 for aftermarket Headrest DVD's = $63,360
    Fees $550 for Maint Program,
    $632.33 for Acq/Cap Fees, and
    $80 for Lic, Reg, & Title
    Term 36 Months
    Miles 10,000
    RV 56% x MSRP = 34,921.60
    MF .00107
    Tax * 6.5% sales tax rate in Illinois suburb

* Illinois only computes taxes on the difference between the S/P and the trade-in. I am trading in a vehicle for which they are giving me $21K, and plan to apply the full amount to the lease.

I computed my monthly lease payment with the Edmunds tool to be approximately $350, but Audi is at $410 (fyi, without the trade-in the monthly pmt Audi gave me is $1,080 per month). Audi is attributing the difference between their monthly payment and Edmunds is due to Illinois being one of only three states in the U.S. that handles lease taxes in a different manner. Is this true? If yes, do the lease payments they are giving me sound right. If not, what should my monthly payment be (with and without using the trade-in funds)?

I have put down a $1,000 deposit to hold the vehicle and plan to pick it up this Saturday as long as the numbers check out.

Thanks for your help, and sorry for the long message!
  • sam818sam818 Member Posts: 127
    Can't help with the lease questions, but I have been getting quotes from dealers for the 4.2 premium in the DC area with as much as $2500 discount without even asking.
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    Hi Car_man,

Can you provide the November money factor and residual figures on a 36 month, 12K per year lease on a Q7 3.6 Premium?

As always...thanks for your help!
    Hi Car man,

Bumping this message hoping you can reply soon. I've seen your posts on other boards, but no response to the questions here. I could really use your help with the Nov. Q7 3.6 Premium lease residual and money factor for 36 month, 12K per year lease.

Thanks!
  • mandesonmandeson Member Posts: 20
    Since you are a Lakers fan I'l try to give you some advice:)

Here are the November rates for the Audi Q7 3.6 Premium.
    Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms.

2007 Audi Q7 4dr Wagon 3.6 Premium / (11)

12 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 69% of MSRP – .00113 Base Money Factor Rate
    24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 65% of MSRP – .00113 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 56% of MSRP – .00113 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 46% of MSRP – .00344 Base Money Factor Rate
    Thanks mandeson! Now that I am living in Sacramento..being a Lakers fan doesn't get me much love up here! :)
    Here's the information that you're looking for, gene00. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00113 and 56%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Ahhh, gene00, you only want 10,000 miles per year. In that case, this truck's residual value would be 3% higher than the one that I mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'm glad that you find this forum so helpful, niedec. I actually created an Excel spreadsheet on my own to calculate lease payments for vehicles. You can create one yourself using the formula that is outlined in the following informative article: Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I believe that Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 4.2 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00107 and 55% (not the 56% that you mentioned). One of the reasons that you may not be able to come up with the same monthly payment that you were quoted when calculating this truck's monthly payment on your own is that Audi Financial Services may not allow consumers to fully residualize the aftermarket DVD system. Most factory installed options can be residualized, but this is not always the case with aftermarket options. You will have to pay for the entire cost of any option of the DVD system that cannot be residualized over the length of your lease (i.e. divide the cost of it by the number of lease payments). Perhaps this is why the payment that you came up with is different than the one that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here you go, lalakrsfan. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00113 and 58%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jim5penjim5pen Member Posts: 31
    Anyone know how the current national lease deal is structured? Terms are as follows 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium, MSRP $50,110, 36mth, 10k miles, $2,999 down, monthly pymt $549. With the residual being $29,564 this seems like a fantastic deal. On my lease calc this would imply a negative MF. Any idea if this deal can be had if I want to ad some options? The MSRP of the car I want is $54,200. How do I get this great deal on the model/options I want?
  • dazdbyitdazdbyit Member Posts: 2
    Please let me know how you make out. Is the $2,999 total out of pocket? also did you price out a 24 month lease?
  • jim5penjim5pen Member Posts: 31
    The $2,999 does not include taxes or first month. They are only offering a 36month lease. You can go to any audi website and click on current deals to see what they are offering. I guess my question is, how good of a deal is this?
  • rbassorbasso Member Posts: 4
    Greetings Car_Man:

You seem like one of the most knowledgeable guys re: Audi Q7s, and I have a few questions you may be able to help me with.

I am interested in leasing a 3.6 Premium (MSRP $53,230 including infotainment; technology, third row, wood steering and sycamore paint)as a x-mas gift for my wife, for 36 months, 12K miles.

What do you think is reasonable discount off the MSRP? Have you seen any dealers eliminating the disposition fee ($350)? How 'bout the security deposit (assuming very good credit)?

Last question, do you think it is better to wait 'till the weekend before x-mas to get a better pricing, as it approaches month end sales boggies?

Really appreciate feedback. Trying to decide soon.
    Hi - follow up question. Do you know if Audi offers European Delivery for the Q7 under a lease option? Discount is approx. 5% off MSRP, but I think it is only available for financing or all cash options.

Please advise. Thx.
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    same question here. what is the reasonable price to pay over invoice? (dealer's invoice) or reasonable discount off of the MSRP for 3.6 premium with sunroof package?

Also when they try to show you their invoice should I trust to that # or it's a fake?

based on MSRP $49,270... admands invoice $45,529. is $47,500 do you think reasonable?

thanks in advance
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    here is more info

MSRP $49270, selling price $47500, $656.81 per month with NYC sales tax in the payment, $2205.31 due at signing including refundable security deposit of $675. If security is waived due to excellent credit, total due at signing is $1530.31.
    it's for 3.6 premium with sunroof and 19" wheels 36m 10k 59% res and .00113 MF

what do you think? please advise
    thank you
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Member Posts: 139
    AFS charges a security deposit regardless of credit score. It is waived only if you have had a previous account with them or as part of a special program. In lieu of a security deposit, the MF can be increased by .00015. The disposition fee is also a requirement the dealership has no control over. AFS will not fund a contract without a dispositon fee included..
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Member Posts: 139
    To answer a previous question about discounting the car, it depends what it has in it. Is it a base 5 seater with no roof? Sure I'll take a shorter deal on that car. You asked about a 3.6 Premium with Tech and Infotainment. These cars are tough to come by. The technology package was unavailable to order for almost 2 months because they ran out of back up cameras. Hence, that car will command more profit.
  • macbjgmacbjg Member Posts: 11
    Are the 4.2's (not premium) delivered with nav but without the 4 zone climate control? It seems everything that is in the NYC area has 19 inch wheels, 4 zone, cold weather (which is really just a ski sack as the 4.2 comses standard with heated seats. By the way, what are the residuals for 12k/15k 36 mos? Please let me know if you can help.
    Thank you for your feedback!
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Heated seats are not standard on the base 4.2 model. They are part of the cold weather package. The base 4.2's do not have navigation standard either. The base 4.2 is meant to let you pick options ala'carte so to speak. The 4.2 starts @ 49,900, and the premium is 59,900.
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
    Are these rates still valid in December and do they also apply to the non-premium models?

I'm having a hard time justifying the cost differential between the premium and standard models.
  • luvcarzrichluvcarzrich Member Posts: 36
    I'm thinking about a lease on a 3.6 Q7. Does anyone have info on current moneyfactor's for 24 and 36 mo? Also, I would probably need to prepay mileage as I drive ~22k per year. Anyone know what Audi charges for prepaid mileage? Is this typically a fixed by Audi amount or can dealers set their own price? Any info is appreciated. Thanks...
    Hi jim5pen. Through January 2nd, Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00113 and 59%, respectively. This lease program is available on any version of the 3.6 Premium, regardless of how it is equipped. Like most manufacturers' advertised lease payments, I suspect that Audi's advertised lease for the Q7 leaves a little meat on the bone so to speak in terms of its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing the vehicle that you want. Shop around and negotiate the lowest possible selling price on the Q7 that you want and then have the dealer that you are working with use the aforementioned lease program to calculate its monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello dazdbyit. The $2,999 down payment that is mentioned in Audi's current advertised lease for the Q7 is entirely a capitalized cost reduction. If you were to lease this truck using the same parameters as the advertisement, at lease signing in addition to the $2,999 I believe that you would have to pay the truck's first month's payment, a security deposit of $550, and Audi Financial Services' $575 acquisition fee for a total of around $4,673.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks rbasso. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the Q7 right now, selling price-wise. You should be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck by stopping by the following discussion and checking out how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Audi Q7: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive the disposition fee that you would have to pay if you leased this truck through Audi Financial Services, but if you lease another Audi through them when your Q7 lease expires you will not have to pay this charge. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive AFS' security deposit requirement either. It will waive your vehicle's security deposit in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment if you want.

Generally speaking, the later in the money one purchases or leases a new vehicle the more willing dealers seem to be to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings audi_man. I personally think that the $47,500 price that you mentioned is a reasonable target to shoot for. For feedback on how much you should pay for this truck right now try stopping by the "Prices Paid" discussion that I mentioned in my previous post. You can find out the dealer invoice price of the vehicle that you want before you visit any dealers by looking up the exact model that you want in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey audi_man. Both this truck's selling price and money factor look good to me. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi 0audilicious0. Audi's lease program for non-Premium Q7 models is different than it is for Premium models. You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so for now I will assume that you want a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Through January 2nd, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6 non-Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00074 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Welcome luvcarzrich. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Here is the specific information on this truck's current lease program that you're looking for. Through January 2nd, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Audi Q7 3.6 non-Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00074 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00074 and 56%. Audi is supposed to introduce its new January lease program tomorrow. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion for me in a few days and I will gladly give you an idea of what its new program for this truck is like.

I don't believe that dealers are allowed to mark-up the price that Audi charges for additional miles purchased at lease signing, but I don't know exactly how much it charges per mile.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Thanks car_man. I'll take a look at the thread you mention, do some number crunching and check back with you later in the week since the odds of me going out today - before the deal is over - to get the Q7 are slim to none.
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Thanks for your excellent advice. What are the new Audi Q7 lease terms (MF, residual), effective January 3rd? Is their 24month lease monthly payment less than the 36 month lease monthly payment>
    Too bad their residual is so low.
    But the car gets good reviews.
    We're trying to find a V6 with what we want, without a lot of other stuff. Gets very pricey.
    (1) We're anxious to know NEW (Jan 3) lease MF and residual value for Q5 premium V6 for 24 month and 36 month.
    Looking for convenience, infotainment and technology packages.
    (2) Wife originally focused on new BMX X5, but BMW service on my 2006 530i is obnoxious, she re-focused on Audi Q5, despite its lack of free oil-lube-brakes-etc.
    (3) How does dealer make money on sale? Three dealers yesterday (Jan 2) easily offered invoice + $1,000, along with Audi subsidizied lease; I inferred I could get it for still less. But there are no Audi holdovers, and $1,000 for dealership+salesperson doesn't see much. What am I missing? Does Audi give dealership a big check at year end based on meeting a sales quota?
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    You mean Q7? The Q5 hasnt come yet...bet it will be cool though...
    Reminder for current info:
    money factor, residual, 2yr&3YR for Audi Q7
    V6 premium, V8 premium.
    Better terms with increased security deposit?
    Attractive pre-pay for 3-year service?
    (Any other info to know? Are mpg's dependable?
    Also, can you put regular gas in these cars?)

Also, I don't understand-- with attractive terms last week, dealer still offered invoice+$1000. How do they make any money, if this is split between salesman and dealership? Does Audi give dealership a big bonus at end of year based on cards sold? If so, can you do less than invoice+$1,000?
    Can you give info please on non-premium (if different) as well?
    No problem, luvcarzrich. Talk to you soon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi asteinberg. Audi just introduced its new January lease program on the 8th. Audi Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2007 Q7 3.6L with 15,000 miles per year are .00038 and 65%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00038 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi asteinberg. Audi actually didn't introduce its new January lease program until the 8th. Audi Financial Services new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6L Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00038 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00038 and 54%.

As far as this truck's selling price goes, $1,000 over invoice sounds like a reasonable deal to me. In fact, I personally would not be surprised if community members in areas that have a lot of competition were even able to get one for slightly less than that. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much others have paid for similar trucks lately: "Audi Q7: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". In today's competitive automotive market, consumers are often able to purchase new vehicles for $1,000 over invoice or less. Dealers just don't seem to make as much money as they used to on new vehicle sales. In many instances, used vehicle sales and service departments are much more profitable for dealers than new vehicle sales.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, asteinberg. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6L Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00038 and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00038 and 54%. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month, 15k lease of a 2007 Q7 4.2L Premium are .00090 and 63%. Its 36 month numbers are .00090 and 52%. All of these money factors assume that you are paying a security deposit that is equivalent to your vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment at lease signing. If you opt to have your truck's security deposit waived, its money factor would be .00015 higher. Audi provides lessees who pre-pay for scheduled maintenance with a 1% boost in vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.