Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Thanks for your integrity and competence. You helped me when I did my 530I BMW. This car is for my wife, but we have trouble with Q7 availabilit.
    (1) What a difference in MF (and even residuals) between 3.6/V6 (.00038;64%/54%) and 4.2/V8 (.00090; 63%/52%)! (Were last month's residuals 66%/56%?)Makes V6 MUCH more affordable than V8. Are you sure about data?
    (1a) Does V6 have enough power?
    (2) Like BMW, can you give a higher security deposit to decrease MF?..
    (2a) Any other way to cut lease payment?
    (2b) Is there lease acquisition fee? Turn-in fee?
    (3) Prepay maintenance is only $500; this also includes one brake job!. What a deal -- since a 1% boost in residual value probably decreases lease by $10 monthly; if so, $360 saved means $500-$360 or net cost of only $10 for 3 yr maintenance, including brakes..
    (4) Final observation -- one dealer will do invoice+$1,000. Is that good deal?
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
    We had a 4.2 loaner for a week (long story) before getting our 3.6 and honestly I prefer the v6 engine. There is less throttle response time (I'm assuming bc of the way it is geared) in the v6 and it's plenty fast enough for a family hauler around town or on the highway.

I do definitely notice a difference when going up steeper hills, but then I just drop it into sport mode to hold the gear longer and it's fine.
  • luvcarzrichluvcarzrich Member Posts: 36
    Anyone able to dig up the excess mileage fee from AFS? Any stories about negotiation on that??
    Thanks. I hope your comment will persuade my wife, who is concerned a V6 will not be adequate for climbing the steep 3 mile road to our home in the Santa Monia Mountains.
    It seems the lease terms (money factor/residuals) are not nearly as favorable for the V6; plus, it gets better mileage. Are you saying SPORT MODE for the V6 would do the trick for long, steep mountain road? THANKS
    (By the way, do you know anything else about my other inquiries? Do you think invoice+$1000 will work, or are dealers wanting more, given favorable lease terms? Do you know the acquisition fee?)
  • 0audilicious00audilicious0 Member Posts: 47
    Not only is there a sport mode, but there is also a tiptronic mode that lets you select your gears. We drive about a mile up the hill to our house, but if I was really driving in the mountains I would probably use this to hold the gear vs. just sport mode.

I live in the bay area and was only able to get invoice + $1500, but you might be able to get more. I think it depends on the inventory levels (which weren't too high around here).

Acquisition fee is $525.

Security deposit = 1st month payment unless you are currently an AFS customer, in which case it's waived altogether.
    Thanks.
    (1) V8, due to lease terms, appears much cheaper; plus saves gas. I think you're saying that for our long (3 mile) continuous uphill drive to our house, you would use tiptronic or just sport mode; but, either way, that V8 is not necessary. I really need to sell my wife that V8 not necessary for driving up to our house in Malibu/Calabasas area
    (2) Inventory levels high, but dealers think lease terms are so advantageous that they may not offer less than $1000, unless you were buying the car. Did your "invoice" include any "advertising fee" or anything else not listed on Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book.
    (3) I assume acuqisition fee is really $525, so that I would not accept dealer mark-up beyond.
    (4) Used to be AFS customer; don't mind security deposit; I'd prefer BMW approach -- multiple security deposits yield lower MF.
  • sachsisachsi Member Posts: 13
    The local dealer here (Livermore, CA) offered me $500 over invoice on any vehicle in stock.
    1/ A guess the key is 'in stock'; because at either $1000 or your $500, the dealer won't take the trouble to get one in.
    2/ To clarify, is that IN ADDITION to the favorable lease terms now being offered. That's the key.
    (PS I still can't figure out how they make any money -- $500 for the dealer and the salesperson? Not very much money.)
    3/ Still don't know what to do about V8 vs V6 --lease terms on V8 much less favorable.
  • chitownq7chitownq7 Member Posts: 17
    I purchased my 3.6 premium for $500 over invoice, and I couldn't figure out why the dealer even considered it. They must receive incentives from corporate on total # of units they move.
    I wonder if they will SELL it at $500 over invoice, but they won't lease it based on that capitalized price????
    On the other hand, they get the $525 lease acquisition fee (or a portion of it?.
  • chitownq7chitownq7 Member Posts: 17
    I think they're just playing the shell game...
  • jpvwaudijpvwaudi Member Posts: 139
    The acq fee is 575. Its non-negiotiable and no, we dont get to keep any of it. You can have the acq fee waived by raising the money factor by .0005. AFS does offer a multiple security deposit program, each deposit (up to 10 total) lowering the money factor by .00008. Hope this helps......
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,224
    Car man,

I'm looking at a 07 Q7 3.6L, with it seems most options -premium, S line pkg with 20 inch wheels, tech, convenience, panorama... with msrp 59710. Initial quote was 56250 selling price. What is the MF and residual for 24 and 36 months for 12k miles/ year? My tax rate is 6% and not based on total selling price (Indiana). What would my monthy payments be for zero down - except pay acq fee ( or would it be more wise to roll into lease??)? Dealer says there is no multiple security deposit program... ??dishonest or unaware.
    He said it doesn't lower your MF.
    Thanks
    Mark
  • ny_driverny_driver Member Posts: 22
    Car man,

I'm trying to confirm the MF and residuals for a 36 month 12K lease for the V8 standard and premium. I saw one thread that indicated .0009 and 54% for the standard. Is that right? Is it different for the premium. Dealers seem willing to make a deal but I want to make sure I understand what Audi Financial is providing.

Thanks,
  • jim5penjim5pen Member Posts: 31
    I just leased a 3.6 fully loaded. With MF of .0013 and 3 yr 10k miles residual of 61%. Paid the taxes up front and total monthly payment is $705. Looked at the V8 put after driving both decided there really was not that much difference and even though its heavy the 3.6 seems fine. Overall love the car, our 6th Audi in 12 years and is a real upgrade from the A6 we had before. Drives just like it but much bigger with enough room for both kids' car seats and 4 adults.
  • larwil324larwil324 Member Posts: 18
    What was your MSRP and what was the sell price? Thanks
  • randomwalkerrandomwalker Member Posts: 1
    Here's info on lease I entered into for a Q7 Premium with third row seats, infotainment package, convenience package, sunroof. MSRP: $53,160, invoice: $49,069. I negotiated to $500 over invoice, + $195 ("PDI": pre-delivery inspection fee) + "advertising fee" of $423.97 (1% of base invoice). I added the maintenance program ($550) which bumped the residual to 56% from 55%. Acquisition fee ($575) and dealer documentation fee ($45) brought the gross capitalized cost to $51,358. I paid a cap reduction of $3725 which resulted in a monthly payment of $569 (including tax, $528 before tax). Money factor was .00038 (= interest rate of 0.91%, thanks Audi!), and lease was for 3 years with 10k miles. Total drive off was $5k ($3725 cap reduction, $307 tax on cap reduction, $569 first month payment incl tax, $399 license/reg fee). Buying experience was neutral - had to keep an eye on dealer so lease calculations were accurate, but the dealer did a good job in acquiring the vehicle (had to get it from a different dealer) and in delivering the car to our house. Hope the info is helpful to others...
  • guhoguho Member Posts: 14
    signed for Q7 3.6 Premium. $300 over dealer invoice which differs from Edmunds by $195 PDI and $300 ad fee so really $795 over Edmunds invoice. MF .00038 and they gave me 56% resid on 10000mi/36mo lease. Chose to do it with 0 down, $630/mo. Factory order car expected in April. :D
  • kris17kris17 Member Posts: 18
    Dear "Did the deed", congraduations on your new lease...however I have one question? I have been negosiating with a dealer in my area and it appears they will have to order the Q7 I want and it may take 10-12 weeks. The problem is, is that they won't garrentee todays lease terms, and said if the lease terms change by the time I take delivery 2 or 3 months from now I will be subject to the lease terms at time of delivery. Are you sure your lease terms are firm and won't change if Audi changes their program by April? Thanks
  • goodhandsgoodhands Member Posts: 8
    The money factors on the Q7 are great, but the residuals appear a little low compared to the competition. The BMW X5 and the Tahoe are both giving me residuals of 60% for 3yr/15K. Why are the residuals so low on the Q7? Why does it appear the the MF drives down the residual?
    Because the manufacturers have to get a realistic payment out of you ... low MF generates business, but has to be compensated somehow. Also I think the Audi resid is much more realistic. If you lease the car at 94% of MSRP and resid is 56% it's a 40.4% depreciation which is not unreasonable over 3 years. Probably the BMW has artificially high resid and worse MF.
    I asked that same question. They said I am locked in. Hope it is right as they'll say anything to close the deal. Fortunately in NY state I can cancel anytime before I sign the lease and get my deposit back. They made me sign language that deposit is nonrefundable but I am fairly sure it is in violation of the Motor Vehicle Retail Leasing Act of NY state. But I want the car bad so I hope lease terms indeed stay the same. Plus I have it all in an e-mail thread with the dealer.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, asteinberg. AFS' January residual values for the Q7 V6 and V8 are about the same, but as you notices the V6's money factor is much lower. Many people find the V6 to be a little sluggish, but you may not. You really should test drive both the V6 and the V8 to see if you can live with the smaller engine.

AFS may have a multiple security deposit program, but if it does I do not know the details of it. You will need to check with the dealer that you are working with to find out. AFS charges a $575 acquisition fee and I believe a $350 disposition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

$1,000 over dealer invoice sounds like a reasonable price to me, but if there are other dealers in your area you might as well do some comparison shopping because there is still some room to work with there. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "Audi Q7: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Mark. Here's the info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Q7 3.6L with 12,000 miles per year are .00038 and 63%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00038 and 54%. Most vehicles that are equipped with the S-Line Package have residual values that are 2% lower than normal. Using these numbers and the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $59,710 and a selling price of $56,250, I estimate that this truck's 24 month payment will be around $862 and its 36 month payment will be around $734.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings ny_driver. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi Q7 V8 non-Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00090 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 Q7 V8 Premium are .00090 and 52%. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new truck, randomwalker. Thanks for taking he time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congrats guho. Both the selling price and the money factor that you were able to negotiate look good. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    We ahve same car but are having trouble with our car seats (highback boosters). The headrest (non removable) do not allow car seats to rest against back of rear seat. Audi is aware of problem and won't do anything. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
  • hoosbesthoosbest Member Posts: 39
    Is it a better option than the normal lease on a 3.6 Premium given an indifference to pay cash?
  • lej1447lej1447 Member Posts: 16
    Neither trying to compare nor experiencing buyer remorse (I hope). Feeling tired from all the numbers, a little buzz from the beer, and sleepy at the moment. Therefore, please excuse all the typos. Just posting numbers for people who may rely this forum to work on the next deal, as I have used this forum as the foundation for my work.

Honestly, we were contemplating between these two cars w/ similar MSRPs. They are 2007 Land Rover LR3 SE with technology package plus bixenon light and this Audi Q7 equipped with the following packages: Infotainment, Technology, Convenience, Panaroma, 4-zone climate control, 3rd row, and 19" wheels.

According to Edmunds, MSRP $57,310 while invoice = $52,846. My gross capitalization cost is $53934, and the "fleet manager" said that it was below invoice?

huh? could some one explain the disappeared difference of $1088? is that for floor matt or dealer profit or other unknown fees?

My drive off is $2K. Out of such, $835 is for cost reduction w/ tax included. 1st month payment of $648 + tax = $699. Doc fee of $49, sales tax $49, CA tire fee $9, and CA License Fee of $411.

I noticed that Registration fee is N/A? Why is that? Am I still liable for Registration fee? The "fleet manager" told me that registration and license fees were taken care?

Is there a difference between the two? I visited CA website ran the state calculator for vehicle registration. The amounts on my lease contract and on the state vehicle website match closely $415. However, grand total registration fees came out to be $4595, which was on the lease contract. huh?

Any how, the terms on my lease are 36 months, 12Kmi/yr, MF 0.00038, and 58% residual. Monthly payment is $648 + tax.

I don't have security deposit, acquisition fee, title fees, and registration fee.

Could some one please explain the answers to my questions. What am I doing wrong? Am I to expect a big fat bill from CA DMV?

Thank you so much for all your help.
    Corrections: The grand total registration of ~$4K was not on the contract. I crossed check reference with other vehicle forums, and License Fee of $411 appears right for a car costing ~$54K. I now recalled why CA Governor Davis got impeached along w/ other factors. ha ha ha

I did have to pay an acquisition fee like every one else -- $575. However, I didn't have to pay PDI, ad fee, and "refundable" deposit. Regarding the ~1K difference, I can't explain it. Maybe I paid $1K over invoice. On the other hand, it could $500 over invoice w/ $500 padded in PDI and ad fees. Whatever it is, hm... The funny thing is that I still don't have the car. It has to be brought over from another dealer. Perhaps, that could explain why they were so firm on the price, or I'm so weak on my negotiation. heh heh heh

Not expressing buyer remorse as I am happy w/ my numbers. Just wanting to learn to avoid the next pitfall if I see room for improvment on my part. Don't want my shirt to be ripped again if you know what I mean. : >)

Has any one ever heard of Rent Charge adding on top of the Depreciation and Amortized Amount? Still learning.

Thanks all.
  • shoprey85shoprey85 Member Posts: 1
    Looking at Audi Q7 3.6 premium on east coast. What are current MF and residual values for 12,000 and 15,000 leases? Seems like RV of .52 is lower than what I've been seeing posted. Is $500 over invoice a reasonable expectation? I've been offered to split difference between invoice and MSRP. Thanks very much for any insights/comments.
  • ny_driverny_driver Member Posts: 22
    Thanks, residuals arent great but Audi Financial subvention makes the lease factors impressive. Now negotiating my car with 10K miles and they are quoting residuals of 55% for the V8 non-premium. Will let everyone know when they find the car with my options.
    Found out that it was the interest on the leasing period.

Shoprey85, to this day, the fleet manager still insisted that he was below invoice. According to Edmunds, I was above invoice. What is important to me was that I was happy w/ my numbers based on my research. I used current offer on Q7 from Audi website as my benchmark.

My drive off was $2K rather $4,123. I have 12Kmi/yr rather 10Kmi/yr. My $57,310 car is loaded w/ more options than a $50K car. Compared to the current Internet offer, since I can do less lease inception, get 2K mi more per yr, depreciate the car more after 36 months, and get a car loaded w/ more options, all for just $100 more, I have become happy as a clam. I'm sure that there are others who can do much better than I can.
  • sancrissancris Member Posts: 21
    I am negotiating a new lease on a base 3.6 + Comfort Package + Sunroof + Third Row Seat. The MSRP is $45,160, invoice $41,789, and they are asking for $2,000 over invoice. I am getting $1,000 loyalty from Audi, so my monthly is around $537 (no money down) on a 12,000 miles 36 month lease. I read most are getting $1,000 over invoice, which I am if I factor in the loyalty, but that should be additional savings, correct?

Thanks for any help
  • mikeoc1mikeoc1 Member Posts: 46
    I just ordered a 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium with the Convenience Package, Infotainment Package, Technology, Moonroof, 19" wheels in Quartz Gray. MSRP is $56,420. Lease is for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year, no cap cost reduction, $1785 due at lease signing. $772.38/month including NJ taxes. I will be doing $3,000 worth of Multiple Security deposits which lowers the payment to $742/month. 12% tax free guaranteed, not a bad deal with the MSDs, I think.

So how did I do?
    Audi provides lessees who pre-pay for scheduled maintenance with a 1% boost in vehicles' residual values

Where can I find any documentation of this to take to the dealer? Thank you so much. This forum is invaluable.
    Sancris,

If you want to pay $1K over invoice, negotiate for the price first before all else. The $2K loyalty should not be included in the equation until the gross capitalization is finalized.

When I negotiated, it was on an impulse. I didn't have the Edmund's list in front of me. As the matter of fact, we were shopping for Land Rover LR3. There is no security deposit required for Q7. There is no PDI fee, ad fee, or any padded fee. I had to pay the acquisition fee like every body else, unless I got the exact same one as advertised on Audi Website.

The guy kept saying that I was at invoice already, but I pushed for more. When I mentioned about the holdback value, he was not happy. Any how, there was a $30 difference, and we walked away. We talked on the cell phones. I told him that perhaps it was beginning of the month, and he wasn't serious as I was. I told him that if I couldn't close the deal w/ him that night, I could wait until Valentine's and close the gap bigger than $30 else where. We agreed to split the difference in half, came back, and closed the deal. The guy said that I ate into his holdback. I seriously doubt it b/c I got home and checked Edmunds, there is $1K difference. I still don't have the car. It is to be delivered. Don't shop on impulse like I did. Next time, I'll do better.
    Here are some more details of my purchase, I would love your opinions. 2007 Q7 3.6 Premium with the Convenience Package, Infotainment Package, Technology, Moonroof, 19" wheels in Quartz Gray. MSRP is $56,420. Selling price is $53,880. Lease is for 36 months, 15,000 miles per year, no cap cost reduction, $1785 due at lease signing (plus the MSDs.) $772.38/month including NJ taxes. I will be doing $3,000 worth of Multiple Security deposits which lowers the payment to $742/month. The Residual value they used was 52% (insisted that that's what it is in NJ for 15,000 miles) The money factor was 0.00032 and was lowered to 0.00006 (0.14%!!) by the MSD program. Saves me $30/month or 12% tax free annually. Finally, I added the Audi care to the lease which raised my residual to 53% and lowered the payment by $0.30/month! The payment change is insignificant, but why wouldn't everyone do this. I have the same payment and now I have free scheduled maintenance for the life of the lease.
  • luvcarzrichluvcarzrich Member Posts: 36
    Sounds good MikeOC1 - just curious on the Audi Care. Does that follow the months of the lease or the mileage? i.e. life of the lease being 36 months regardless if you go over mileage?
    Thank you. I am very excited to take her home.

My understanding is that Audi "gives" you the first service at 5,000 miles. From there, Audi Care is prepaying the service at 15, 25, 35 and 45,000 miles. Since my lease is for 3 years, 45,000 miles, I am covered for the life of the lease.
  • cambreacambrea Member Posts: 26
    Hello,

I was looking for 3.6 Premium with Convenience Package, 3rd Row Seat, Panorama Sunroof, and Rear Side Airbags... with beige interior. But I could not get one close. If I order one from factory, do I still have room for negotiating price?

Also, it will take 3 month for delivery. Is current lease deal with low MF will stay until then?

Thanks.
  • cew925cew925 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man;

I would like some clarification regarding Q7 Lease quote for a 3.6 Premium:

1) I have been quoted a price of invoice plus a $495 inspection/advertising fee that apparently is added to all Audi vehicles invoice prices at port - is this correct?

2) I am being quoted that both the $575 acquisition fee and the dealer $345 processing fee should be paid. This does not make sense, since I thought the processing fee was for purchase not lease and if you look at the Audi website the lease deal advertised there does not show any processing fees, just the acquisition fee. What exactly is required to be paid?

3) I am being told that the residual is 52% plus 1% with Audi Care for a 36 months/15,000 mile lease. Is this correct?

4) Is it correct that sales tax is added to the base lease monthly payment, not included in the fees when determining the monthly payment? I think the dealer is trying to grab extra money by including sales tax in the fees.

Thank you for your assistance, I am trying to close this deal this weekend.
    I want to make sure that I am not missing anything. I just finished to deal on my 2007 Q7. After 4 MSDs, ($3000) my money factor is 0.00006 or 0.14%. The residual value is 53% after the Audi Care 1% bump. (36 month 15,000 per year)

Other than a couple of dealer fees, I am basically paying for the depreciation. Is this not great, or am I seriously missing something? At the end of the lease, I walk away or I can buy for the residual value (approx $30k) Either way, I haven't paid any significant interest in the 3 years.
    Again, am I missing anything?!?

Thank you
    3) I was quoted the same, 52% plus 1% for Audi Care. If I didn't do Audi care, my payment was literally $0.30/month higher and I would have to pay for the maintenance. So I got the Audi Care, will save $0.30/month :) and I don't have to pay for maintenance.

Also, my money factor was 0.00038. I did 4 MSDs to lower it to 0.00006. Saves my $30/month. $3000 refundable deposit to save $360 year risk and tax free (12%) is a great deal.

Good luck!
  • jhabrejhabre Member Posts: 17
    Hi Car_man,

Do you know what the money factor & residual value is on a 36 month lease with 12K mi/yr?

I'm looking at leasing the Q7 3.6L with comfort package.

Any input would be great!
    I just leased a 3.6 Premium for 3 years/15,000 miles. Money factor was 0.00038 with a residual of 52%. The residual was bumped to 53% by purchasing Audi Care in the lease. It didn't affect the payment at all (lowered it by $0.30/month) and now I have all scheduled maintenance. With Multiple security deposits (4) I lowered the money factor to 0.00006 (0.14%!) Hope this helps a little. I believe that the MF is the same for 12k/year and the residual is increased by 2%. Good luck!
  • jhabrejhabre Member Posts: 17
    Thanks Mikeoc1! May I asked what price you negotiated? Also what is the MSRP of the premium?
  • mdiabmdiab Member Posts: 7
    I have some questions and hope to get help here :)
    1) Is the only reason why you guys want a higher residual to lower the monthly payments?
    2) When Audi has the leasing deals they run now assuming you can keep the monthly payment the same it would seem like the lower residual would be the best -- am I wrong?
    3) Currently I saw the following special:
    MSRP $50,110.00 -- Residual $27,560.00, Dwnpmt $2,999,
    Fee $575 Monthly cost $549 for 36 months total of $19,764 -- this brings the total cost of all you pay plus residual to $50,898.00 which is $788.00 over the MSRP. Assuming I could have lowered the cost of the car by about $2K if I had bought it my total additional cost for not buying the car cash would then be $2,788 for 36 months -- which is $1,000 / year for a $50K loan....which comes out to be 2% interest rate. To me this is a great deal. Before I go to the dealer - what am I missing? I plan on buying out the car in three years so to me mileage limitations etc are not relevant (my choice to buy or not right they can't stop me and demand milage money in 3 years right?)

Well several questions, but really appreciate your thoughts. I have never leased a car before, but real interested in this one as my Acura TL just can't handle the snow worth a lick.......
    No problem jhabre. These forums have been so helpful to me, I enjoy sharing my experience.

The MSRP was about $55,600. The selling price was $53,100. I'm sure I could have done a little better on the selling price given what I've read, but at the end of the day I was happy.
This discussion has been closed.