Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• yatzeeyatzee Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone help with the question above?
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    yatzee,

Only had time to glance at your post. Give me a few hours and I'll evaluate this deal for you.
  • tomster2ttomster2t Member Posts: 2
    Hi Yatzee.
    I am looking at a very similar Audi program in the Cleveland area. I am very interested to read responses to your post. It sure appears to be a good deal. Let's see what others have to say.
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Highly doubtful you'll find a vehicle as advertised in the lease (3.6 prem with a pana sunroof as only option???) Most 3.6 Prem's have the Convenience pkg. and a few other goodies (Nav, 4 zone climate, etc.) which usually put them in the $55-$58k range.

Bottom line: Find the vehicle you like and here are the numbers to utilize to make your deal.

Buy rate - .00033 / residual 51% (add 1% if you add Audicare $590) / Based on 10k.

See how close to invoice you can get knowing that $500-$750 over on this vehicle is good. Do not make the cap reduction of $2999 stated in the lease. You should only pay drive offs. Somewhere in the $700 range (including tax) is more realistic and what you'll see on this particular model and trim level.
  • gwnnygwnny Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found a good deal in the North East on a Q7 Premium? How much over invoice or below MSRP. Our local dealer on Long Island states the best lease deals are at 42 months with an int rate of 1.4% and a residual of 0.46. Looking for one that includes Conv, Cold, Roof, Nav, 19", Audi Care, and Premium paint (red pearl). Thanks,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Welcome dcs99. Given the fact that you never physically took delivery of your Q7 there is a very good chance that you will be able to get out of this deal. Make sure to contact the dealer immediately and let them know that you do not want to proceed with the lease. They may give you a hard time at first, but chances are that you will be able to get out of it if you are persistent.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi Alex. I see that you referenced Audi's current advertised lease payment for the Q7. Like most manufacturers' official advertised payments this is a decent deal. Having said this, savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the deals that are featured in these ads. Shop around and negotiate the lowest selling price that you can on the Q7 that you are interested in. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your monthly payment. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00033 and 51%, respectively for consumers who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

I see that you are on the West coast. You're in luck, Audi is currently providing $1,500 "due at signing assistance" on the '08 Q7 in its Western region. You should be able to use this incentive essentially as a down payment to reduce the capitalized cost of the Q7 that you want to lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    Car_man, can you provide me with the m.f. and residual for a 08 Q7 3.6 Premium & 4.2 Premium based on 36 & 42 months @ 10k miles per year. This would be for the Northeast region. Are there any incentives and/or rebates?

Thank you,
    NHman
  • awedioawedio Member Posts: 57
    Car_man
    2 questions, please
    1) on a '08 Q7 3.6, 24 month lease, what is the residual & buy rate?
    2) on a '08 Q7 4.2, 24 & 36 month lease, what is residual & buy rate? Does the $1,500 "due at signing assistance" still apply?
  • RNGRVR18RNGRVR18 Member Posts: 8
    Hi Carman,

To follow up to the last message in the string, can you confirm the buy rate MF and residual for an 08 3.6 premium on a 36mo/12K lease? Also, do you know if they offer any incentive for previous Audi owners? I'm turning in my S4 next month.

Finally, do you think it's possible to get the Q7 at dealer cost or close to it?

Regards,
    Charles
    Charles,

I do not represent Edmunds but I can say that the m.f. and residual for a Q7 3.6 Premium is .00033 and 50% based on 36 months/12k. I believe there is a loyalty rebate/discount from Audi. Price over invoice will depend on how the Q7 is selling in your area. I just ordered a Q7 4.2 Premium with some of the option packages and was able to negotiate $600 over invoice with the m.f. at .00085. The m.f. is the base rate for a 4.2 Premium.

Regards,
    NHman
  • wildbill750wildbill750 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking strongly at a 3.6 Premium with the following options:

Towing Package
    > Panorama Sunroof
    > Luxury 6 Seater Configuration
    > 4 Zone Climate Control
    > DVD Navigation
    > Convenience Package
    > 20" Alloy Wheels
    > MSRP: $59,325
    > Invoice: $56,164
    > Purchase Price: $56,664 ($500 over invoice)

With a 36 month lease it comes to $1,501.76 drive off fees (including first payment, acquisition fee and a few other small fees) and $867.07 per month plus tax. Audi money factor is .00075.

What you everyone’s thoughts?
  • wildbill750wildbill750 Member Posts: 7
    Car Man,

You mentioned in a post " I see that you are on the West coast. You're in luck, Audi is currently providing $1,500 "due at signing assistance" on the '08 Q7 in its Western region. You should be able to use this incentive essentially as a down payment to reduce the capitalized cost of the Q7 that you want to lease."

I am in Dallas but looking at Q7 in So Cal since it has the configuration that I want. I am working with the dealer there and would have the car shipped. Would this still hold true and it is still available?

Thanks.
  • beopersonbeoperson Member Posts: 74
    Does anyone know if March numbers are different from February for Q7?
    Dealer quoted me 3.6 Q7 Premium with Conv, Nav, Panorama, 19" wheels

MF .000060 and Residual 48% (36 month 10K)
    Are these March numbers?
  • loggieloggie Member Posts: 55
    your residual should be 53% at 10k, 54% at 10k with audicare
    this will drive down your monthly price compared to 48%
    MF appears to be correct

from http://forums.audiworld.com/q7/msgs/23281.phtml

Audi Financial Services (AFS) Lease Programs - Effective 3/2008

This AFS lease data is provided by dealer partners of LeaseCompare.com and are for reference only. Rates may vary by region. Your dealer has the option of offering you a higher rate.

Special bank lease programs for these models are available through AudiWorld Forum Sponsor LeaseCompare.com. Click on the vehicle name for more information and to see payments details.

2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Base
    24 Month - Residual 58% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    36 Month - Residual 50% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    48 Month - Residual 39% of MSRP - .00294 Base Rate

2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium
    24 Month - Residual 57% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    36 Month - Residual 49% of MSRP - .00006 Base Rate
    48 Month - Residual 38% of MSRP - .00294 Base Rate

2008 Audi Q7 4.2 Premium
    24 Month - Residual 55% of MSRP - .00044 Base Rate
    36 Month - Residual 47% of MSRP - .00044 Base Rate
    48 Month - Residual 38% of MSRP - .00294 Base Rate

Residuals posted are for 15K miles/year. Add 2% to Residual for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

you might want to also check out :
    http://forums.audiworld.com/q7/msgs/23728.phtml
    concerning a mailer with "Additional incentives for Q7 in East (NY)"
    carman, what can you tell us about these incentives ?
    who qualifies ?
    ending date ?
    what can applied for leases ?
    what can be combined in a lease ?
    loyalty + conquest + elite ?

as listed at :
    http://www.forbesautos.com/options/2008/audi/q7/3_6_premium/

$-1,500
    Audi "Due at Signing" Assistance Program Purchase - Western - 02/01/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Conquest Bonus Cash Program (Premier Purchase) - National - 02/12/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Loyalty Bonus Cash Program (Premier Purchase) - National - 02/12/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Conquest Bonus Cash Program (APR) - National - 02/12/08

$-1,000
    Audi 2008 AFS Loyalty Bonus Cash Program (APR) - National - 02/12/08

$-2,000
    Audi 2008 Elite Purchase Bonus Program - CT, FL, NJ, NY, MA - 03/04/08
    There has to be a some kind of program going on on the East Coast.
    I have started getting quotes close to $1000 below invoice!
    Just found out from dealer:
    There is currently $2000 Customer Cash/Rebate program.
    At least in the Tri-State Area
    are you still dealing with riverside audi ?
    are any other dealers matching them ?
    Yes,
    Jack Daniels and Paul Miller match them
  • towsonnctowsonnc Member Posts: 9
    any other details on the $2000 incentive... im being told $1000 by a dealer in south jersey. thanks in advance.
    are you being told that you can apply the $2000 towards a lease and still get the march money factor of .00006 ?

jack daniels has the largest inventory, about 80 Q7s,
    I would think they are quite motivated to reduce their inventory.
  • RNGRVR18RNGRVR18 Member Posts: 8
    .00006.... what the heck. I just signed on Feb 28th and the MF was .00033. It looks like the difference for me would be right at $20. I guess I should have picked up on this earlier, does anyone think I could call AFS and get the lower MF? I have not gotten my first invoice yet....

Take care,
    Charles
    No I'm wrong - there is no incentive of $2000, Not in March anyway. I guess It's just they way present their discount on paper.
    I'm at $1200 below invoice on 3.6 Premium. Not sure if I should pull the trigger.
    I will still have about month on my old lease.
    But I realize that in April numbers may change.
    I would wait it out till the very end.
    whatever works best for you.
    gas prices are rising, Q7 inventories are rising,
    not much good news on wall street,
    so any deal you have in-hand today,
    will most likely be available in april.

have your salesman shoot me an email,
    just add aol.com to my screen name,
    I am ready to buy before the end of the month,
    maybe you can get something for the referral.

good luck
  • antgonzantgonz Member Posts: 9
    Have an offer on an 08 3.6 Premium with Panoramic roof.

MSRP 50,975
    Neg. Price: 47,795
    MF .00006
    1K down and 1K from Audi of America
    no security deposit
    $1225 in costs including Audi care
    52% residual
    36mo. 12k year
    654 per month including 7% tax

Please let me know what you think.
  • mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    Thanks to all on Edmunds for your feedback. As I (think I) got a great deal, I want to share what happened with me this evening (only a couple of hours ago).

Antgonz and others - you can get much more off the MSRP.
    I was invited into the Sales Manager's office directly today (forget about the salesman!) and offered coffee, mince pies etc!!!
    OK, he asks, what do I want?. I was thinking $1500 below invoice (invoice = $53,377). The monthly figure came to $669. I said I was looking for (random thoughts at this time!) a monthly figure of $650. So he starts putting in figures into his lease worksheet on his computer in front of me.
    First $52000, then $51,500, then $50,800 at which point the monthly lease hit $650.01). That was it. I put a deposit down there and then.
    Wow, never had a sales manager call me into his office and simply generate a figure to meet my 'target'.
    After this, I had a long chat with the manager for about half an hour - a really nice guy! If you want a Q7 NOW, he has 3 or 4 left and wants (NEEDS) to hit his quarter target befoe MONDAY 31st.

CARMAN:-
    This is what i've just been offered.........
    Now, my only issue is whether to go with a 27 or a 36 month lease ????
    Please, please, please let me know before Saturday as I have to sign the lease for the car at that time....Much appreciated.

MSRP $56,825 plus Audicare = $57475 (3.6 Premium with 20in wheels, dvd nav, sunroof, convenience pack, and cold weather pack).
    0 down other than Fees = $823.30 (acq fees, plate transfer, doc fees) plus first month upfront (see below).
    12K miles p.a.

Adjusted Cap Cost = $50,800 inc Audicare (over $6,500 OFF the MSRP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Residual = 52% (36m) or 58% (27m)
    MF = 0.00006
    Lease term = 36 or 27 months
    Payments Inc tax = $650 (36m) or 731.33 (27m)

What's the better deal?

Thanks once again to all at Edmunds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Here's the information that you're looking for, chrism124. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Q7 3.6 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are an amazingly low .00006 and 52%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Q7 4.2 Premium are .00044 and 50%. I have not seen AFS' 42 month money factors for these models. Audi is not providing any cash incentives on the Q7 in the Northeast right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello awedio. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 non-Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00006 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 Q7 4.2 are .00044 and 55%. The 36 month numbers for the 4.2 are .00044 and 47%.

The $1,500 die at signing assistance is still available on the '08 Q7, but it is a regional program that is only available in the Western U.S.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Charles. Audi Financial Services; current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Audi Q7 3.6 Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00006 and 51%, respectively. Audi is providing a special $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck in the Western U.S., but I do not believe that it has any owner loyalty incentives available on it at this time.

As far as this vehicle's selling price goes, I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for it right now. If I was interested in one and I was in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would shoot for $500 to $1,000 over invoice and see what happens. Try stopping by the "Audi Q7 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have reported paying for their Q7s lately.

Car_man
    Host
  • hamomhamom Member Posts: 13
    We are looking at the Q7....love it...but wanted some advice on a "good" lease for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in NJ...
    mssurrey - where are you located? what dealer? im looking for the same deal and would jump on it if given the opportunity. thanks.
    Hi CARMAN,

Can you get back to me urgently on my deal (see my post March 27th)
    I'd like to know what's best 27 or 36 month lease (figures for 30 month were the same as 27 month so won't bother with 30 months)
    Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Located in Farmington Hills, MI

Dealer is Bill Cook Audi (part of the Suburban group).
    Ask to speak with the sales manager direct (no names allowed by Edmunds?)

Good luck!!!
  • caveatcaveat Member Posts: 1
    I leased a Q7 3.6 today. Sticker nearly $58,000.00. Premium, Cold Weather, Trailer Hitch, Ipod Sync, Nav, Larger Wheels, Panaramic Sun Roof. 2100 down, $797/month (inc. 6% sales tax) 15,000 miles per year, 36 months. $1,000.00 lease rebate included.

I drove the GL450 and ML350/500. The GL was nice, but the Audi interior was far superior, the MMI is great and the ride is very pleasant. It's a dash louder than I'd prefer (exhaust howl). Other than that, it's great.
  • rpowers1rpowers1 Member Posts: 5
    Is this dealership anywhere in the tri-state area - I would like to go there this weekend if possible.
    Hi wildbill750. $500 over dealer invoice is a very good price for a leased 2008 Audi Q7, unless you are in the Western U.S. where Audi is providing a special $1,500 incentive on leases of this truck. The money factor that you were quoted is higher than Audi Financial Services' March buy rate for this model. If you haven't finalized your lease yet, make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses AFS current buy rate of .00006 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey wildbill750. Good question. While I don't know the exact rules for this specific program, incentives eligibility is usually based upon one's place of residence not where the vehicle comes from. As a result, while I am not 100% positive I doubt that you would qualify for the $1,500 as a Texas resident who is having a vehicle shipped form California. Definitely check with the dealer to make sure that is the case though.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi hamom. The best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Coincidentally, a number of people from New Jersey have recently reported how much they have paid or been quoted for the Audi Q7. Scroll back a few messages to get an idea of what the market is like for this truck and how much you should pay for it in your area right now. As far as the money factor goes, through May 2nd, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor on the 2008 Q7 is an amazingly low .00006. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses that factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey mssurrey. Just missed you. Sorry. Did you finalize the deal yet? If not, let me know and I'll gladly answer your questions. If you did, how did it go?

Car_man
    Host
    can anyone confirm that april residuals and money factor of .00006 are the same?
    I just got confirmation from norternn NJ dealer that April numbers have not changed.
    1. What the offer should be like for a Q7 with 3000 miles on them?
    I personally think that it should be at least 25c per mile less than similar car with no miles.
    I'm already getting about $1000 of Invoice, but for car with 3K miles I should get even better discount in my opinion.

2. I have been offered 39 month lease and numbers look about $22 a month better.
    Personally I think this will work for me and it adds only 3 month to the 36 month term. Any comments? Where did dealer get 39 month numbers?

Thanks in advance
    Hi Carman,

Yep - did the deal. Took delivery last night.

I'm paying $731 (inc tax and Audicare) for a 27 month lease with 12K miles p.a. I believe that if everything is proportioned out, the lease will cost me about $20 extra per month over the 36 month rate. I can live with that condsidering that i'll be able to return the vehicle 9 months earlier.

MSRP, cap cost, MF, rediduals etc figures are as stated in my previous posts. Although, it's a moot point now, but what do you think of the deal anyways?
  • ltooz_audisltooz_audis Member Posts: 11
    Got the car last weekend

53875 Sticker
    49399 Capcost
    4500 drive off
    543.4 x36 including tax 8.75 and Audi care @650
    Residual 28554 = 53%

Q7 3.6L Premium + Convenience + Pano Roof + 4Zone

Cheers,
  • ltooz_audisltooz_audis Member Posts: 11
    Important factors are
    Rebate 1000
    Incentives 1500
    Money factor .00006
    Audi Care add 1% to residual
    ltooz_audis
    Are you on the west coast?
    Incentive of 1500 is only available on the West Coast right now.
    Can you tell us more about 1000 rebate?
    Thanks
    Jerry,

Is the $1000 rebate region specific and/or Q7 model specific?

Regards,
    NHman
  • 2goose2goose Member Posts: 5
    I was offered a lease at my local dealer and I was wondering what your take is on it:

Q7 Prem. Stiker: $58,125 (Towing, Sunroof,Cold Weather, Nav., Convenience,20" wheels)

39 months/15K per year
    $ 1,000. Total up front
    $ 794. per month-tax included

My wife has fallen in LOVE with this car and I want to make sure it is a good deal.

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.