Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• gt97gt97 Member Posts: 5
    The sales rep told me the money factor was .00015, which was a big drop from earlier this year. If you use that money factor, then it gets you to right around $725 per month, taxes included). I double-checked and it looks like those are the current money factors in place for Audi Financial. I have worked with this sales rep before and he has never done a bait and switch or anything shady. Thanks for your feedback.
  • trabd123trabd123 Member Posts: 55
    I will verify the money factor again from the dealer and let you know. If it's 0.00015, then, my dealer is mistaken when he said that Audi Q7 doesn't have a good money factor in May.
  • gt97gt97 Member Posts: 5
    I just saw that there is an Audi Conquest rebate program for the Q7 3.6 for $1,000 this month. As you can see in my previous post, the dealer is already including $1,500 rebate of Audi Loyalty cash since we own an A6.

The car we are replacing is a BMW X5, so will Audi let us combine the Loyalty and the Conquest rebates for a total of $2,500?
  • danf1222danf1222 Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man, do you know what the current MF, Residual (12K/yr) for the Q7 3.0 and 3.6 for a 3 year lease. Is a 48 month lease available, and if so is it worth it to lease for 4 years. Is the $1,000 conquest still available for new customers.

Thank you.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem, trabd123. You are much better off keeping the bank that you are leasing through in the dark about your car's mileage when attempting to negotiate your vehicle's end of term purchase price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi gt97. You can give it a shot, but unfortunately I do not believe that the loyalty and conquest cash promotions are compatible.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi danf1222. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.0 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 47%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2009 Q7 3.6 Premium are .00015 and 42%.

Audi is not currently providing support on 48 month leases, so you definitely do not want to lease either of these trucks for that long.

Yes, the $1,000 conquest cash is still available on leases of both of these trucks.

Car_man
    Host
  • eetjweetjw Member Posts: 2
    Went to Pacific Audi today and tried to lease a Q7 Premium plus on a 33 month basis with: Panoramic roof, 20 inch wheels, hot weather package. Went back and forth and he finally asked me what it would take to make me want to close the deal.

Originally, his best offer was $6000 first payment and 690 plus tax on monthly, then I told him $4000 first payment and 690 plus tax and then I remembered that Audi should pick up the first payment so I told him $3300 first payment and then $690 plus tax on monthly.

He asked me for my information and did a credit check without letting me know if his manager had approved the numbers and then came back to me and told me that although my credit score was very high, but there isn't a lot, (I'm not sure what that means) so my lease may not get approved. I told him to send it through anyway and he mentioned that he will have an answer to me by tomorrow afternoon.

Is this the normal procedure or is this some trick? And how is the deal? i asked him for residual value and money factor but he says that it would make more sense to work it back because working it the regular way may not come up with the down and monthly requirement that I want.

Thanks for any help
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Sounds like their working you. You should price the car with zero down then compute the sales tax after you get the money factor, residual and actual cost. Audi is advertising no payments at signing. What is the deal with 4k down. You can put down extra security deposits to lower your payments and get that back at lease end.
  • shapiro23shapiro23 Member Posts: 2
    First Post. Great Forum. Helped me a lot on my new Q7. Here is the Deal I just got.

2009 Q7Premier Plus
    20” Wheels
    Sunroof
    MSRP: $54.5K
    Loyalty: $1,500
    Sale Price: 52.9K (Before Loyalty)
    Tax: $0.00 (Dealer Said they had Tax Credits they could use against)
    Residual: 45% (Originally 42% but add 1 Point for Maintenance, 2 for 10K miles)
    Money Factor: .00015
    Down Payment: $143.00 (Title and License fee)
    Audi Paid: 1st Month
    Dealer Paid: Remaining 2 months remaining on our RX350 Lease ($1197.24)

My lease payments are $754.20 for 36months and 10k miles per year.

I think I got a good deal, according to this forum. Love The Car. Would love to hear your thoughts. (Greater Chicago Area)
  • fastandfasterfastandfaster Member Posts: 1
    Car_man, would you please post the latest MF and Residual for 2009 Q7 Premium 3.6 10k/year 36-month lease? Thanks in advance.

Also, it sounds like the residual value of the same car has dropped 7-10% from early 2008 with similar MF. I am wondering what Audi's strategy is. Do you see their lease program fully compensated by no payment drive-off and special lease supports? Or the car's residual value has really fallen off the cliff to low/mid 40s while the X5 is staying on the high 50s?
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    My Q7 was rear ended. Small dent near the license plate. The other driver agreed to pay. I got 2 written estimates ($800 and $850), and the guy sent me a check for the higher. My lease is up in Sept. Should I have the repair now, or just turn the car in with the dent? I guess the question is, do you think Audi Financial will charge me more than $850 for the damage?
    Welcome shapiro23. I'm glad that you found this forum so helpful. Thanks for taking the time to give back and share the details of your recent lease with everyone. As you know, real world examples like this are always helpful for people who are in the market for similar vehicles.

If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hello fastandfaster. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.6 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00057 and 45%, respectively.

Over the past several years manufacturers have been consistently overestimating vehicles' residual values. The chinks in the armor started to show when gas prices exploded last summer and the value of used SUVs fell off of a cliff. The low resale value disease spread to cars as the economy worsened. Now the vehicles that are coming back off lease are worth much less than banks were estimating that they would be worth several years ago, causing them to take millions of dollars in losses. As a result, most banks have become much more conservative in estimating vehicles' residual values for leases.

It's not fair to compare any bank's residual values to BMW's. BMW Financial Services consistently, intentionally overestimates vehicles' residuals as a form of lease support to help its parent company sell more vehicles. Its residuals are not realistic.

Car_man
    Host
  • marcel4marcel4 Member Posts: 2
    What is the residual value on a new 2009 Q7 36 month lease with 12000 miles per year.

Tks.
  • dmk42dmk42 Member Posts: 1
    I am able to get a Q7, premium package, 36 months, 12K miles per month, taxs due at signing (approx. $3800) - for $766/month. This is through a sales and leasing company and not through the audi dealership (although all warranties still apply) Is this a good value?
  • nabeelfarooquinabeelfarooqui Member Posts: 54
    so i am getting a premium plus with panormaic sun roof with zero drive off, 10k miles for $700, 12k miles for $720. i was sooooo shocked at this price... my first questions to them what like, dude did you steal these cars or what???

firstly, i don't think that i need confirmation from anyone that this is a cherry of a deal... but more importantly, is it something that i should consider since it is not from a dealership but from a lease broker... i mean, who knows what the reputation is of those guys and if i will get riped off or not... i mean, what about the vehicle warranty/condition/etc...

any advice???

p.s. the company is www.mandvleasing.com
    Please post your experience with them after you get the car home -- all fees paid.
    The rate seems good -- no reason to expect problems. They advertise cars heavily on swapalease.
    Hi marcel4. Here's the lease program info that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2009 Q7 3.6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00057 and 42%, respectively.

Audi is currently providing a $350 cash incentive on leases of this truck through AFS. It isn't much, but you might as well make sure to take it into account when negotiating your Q7's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    You can always tell when a car company wants to move a particular vehicle. They put a price incentive to lure buyers -- just like audi did on the Q7. Better get there early or they will all be gone.
  • n4roninn4ronin Member Posts: 14
    has anyone used overstock com pricing? it seems to be pricing lower then invoice on different q7 configurations
    Hi dmk42. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you provide me with the truck's full MSRP and approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Any difference for 3.6 Premium? What about 10K miles?
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    September Lease numbers and CASHCarman or anyone:

Do you know the MF and residual on a 3.6 or 4.2 for 36 months and 15k per year?

I have an audi now. Is there loyalty cash? non-loyalty cash?

Please advise soon.

Thanks
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    WOW The Audi lease is getting higher
    I leased my Q7 Premium last year for $630 A month NO $$ down 15K a year including Audi care.
    The deal was too good to pass up. I own and leased more than 30 Mercdes and BMW before and would never considered Audi until they have that promotion. The money factor was .00006.
    The lady next door has the only Q7 in the negiborhood..Now we have 10 Black Q7 at my daughter school.
    Rbirns1, Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.6 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00108 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello dpeck1. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00108 and 46%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 Q7 4.2 are .00171 and 43%.

Audi is currently providing $1,500 owner loyalty cash on leases of the '09 Q7 3.2 and $2,500 on leases of the 4.2. It also has $4,000 dealer cash on these trucks, but it is not compatible with the lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • wlrdlrwlrdlr Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car Man

What are the MF and Residual for a 2010 Q7 3.6 and TDI ?

How much profit does an Audi dealer have in a car? (in percentage) - I don't believe they buy at invoice, but they can sure sell at invoice or less.

Thank you
  • kerryjthkerryjth Member Posts: 67
    Any tips on returning a Q7 off a 3 yr lease?

Should you use an independent firm to inspect it or just trust local dealer to arrange inspection??

Should I have scratches fixed, detail the interior and exterior, etc....

Do they hit you with a smoker fee? cigars

Anyone know of any surprise charges to expect ?

My new dealer is saying just give it a quick $8 car wash and do not sweat it .

Thanks !!
  • ny_driverny_driver Member Posts: 22
    Ouch, my 2007 Audi Q7 Premium comes off lease early next year so looking to lease a new car. With market in such poor state, surprised AFS' current rates are so high now. I got my Q7 with .00009 and 56% residual (10K miles). A new Q7 will cost me much more now even if I add in the incentives that they are offering.
    Hi wlrdlr. Audi Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00108 and 46%, respectively.

I don't think that Audi is providing lease support on the '10 (it looks funny to write that doesn't it...man I feel old) Q7 3.0 TDI.

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to find a dealer that will sell you a 2010 Q7 for less than dealer invoice. If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for $500 over and see what happens. Dealers might not even go for that.

Car_man
    Host
    Interesting. I got my 2007 3.6 Premium exactly 3 years ago (lease ends in 2 weeks). Let's use this current MF and residual, along with the Edmunds TMV price, less my $1500 loyalty credit. When I plug these numbers into a lease calculator, the resulting payment is 26 cents less than my current lease. Since the '09 is identical to the '07, it would be like having a 6 year lease, with new paint and new car smell half way through.
  • touaregjunktouaregjunk Member Posts: 3
    Car_man kerryjth rbirns1

I have a 2007 4.2 non premium with third row Panorama heated seats and metalic gray/black. It has 37K. I am over by 1000 miles (.25cents per) on my lease ends in three months. I am paying $699 a month with $32,000 end of lease option to purchase ( I see ebay prices are lower more like 29K) Please advise what to do? shall I go ahead and lease a new 2009 Q7? I would rather have the 4.2 because for me it is much better than the 3.6, I do not care for all the bells and whistles. Few notes: I installed four new tires ($1000) and four new rotors and brakes ($2000) last year that still can go another year, not sure if I would still have audi care for that long though. The car runs great but I have few electrical issues (lights and bulbs) that never seem to go away.

thanks for any help
    The leases on Q7's and most cars are not attractive now nor in the forseeable future. You could inquire about extending your current lease. Postponing the decision. Don't know if audi does that.
  • dennischrisdennischris Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at the 2010 Q7 TDI Premium Plus now, but I was looking at a 3.6 before and got a lease # of $800 per month on the gas model for 36 months 10k mi per year. Then I was told by one dealer that although the TDi cost a bit more (I see 4K from the Audi site) that since the residual was better than the 3.6 I probably could get the same $800 per month lease on the TDI. Then one dealer told me it woudl be 950 for the TDI.

How much better is the residual on the TDI? Should it not work out to the same as the 3.6? THX
  • craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    Hi, What was the outcome?

Thanks
  • dennischrisdennischris Member Posts: 3
    Seems it was not apples to apples and the TDi lease is much more. They were willing to come down to 850.

Are you a dealer?
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    Has anyone yet turned in a Q7 from lease? If so, what were your experiences? What did they try to charge you with? Did the dealer try to get you to buy it?

Did they offer a good deal for buying or leasing a new one? I saw that Audi is offering $5000 towards the purchase of a 2009 Q7, plus $4000 manufacter to dealer cash (this is on the Edmunds site as well).
  • ody02tjkody02tjk Member Posts: 66
    Did you return your Q7 yet? If so, what did they charge you for? Did you need an independent inspection?
  • vip9vip9 Member Posts: 30
    I returned my '07 3 months ago.
    1. Audi FS REFUSED to extend my lease on a month-to-month or for a set period - they told me they "were not in business of doing that". I checked my Lease agreement - it was marked "Close-Ended", plus my monthly payments were SUPER-LOW - don't know which one of these factors (or a combination?) affected their decision. Good luck selling it for $35K :) If I REALLY wanted it, I probably could have followed it to the auction and get it for about $20K tops.

2. I called and scheduled EoL inspection in my office. I think they give you 30 or 60 day window. Took about 20 minutes. Car was spotless. He checked paint levels, I guess couldn't believe the condition. Tires right at the border-line - thank goodness - another $1K+ would have been thrown out the window if I had to install BRAND-NEW tires for someone else to use. :mad:

3. Inpsector paid EXTRA attention to brakes - mine were "relatively" new

4. Returned to the servicing dealer by my office - all done in 20 minutes as well.
    Overall - PAINLESS as it can possibly be.

Had to pay miles overage @ .25c per :mad: + Lease-End fee - I think like $300 WTF! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Hi dennischris. Let's compare the lease residual values for these two trucks. Audi Financial Services' current 36 month, 10,000 mile per year residual for the 2010 Q7 3.6L Premium is 49%. This compares with 53% for the 3.0 Diesel Premium. So yes, the TDI's residual value is much better...alas, the fact that Audi is not providing any lease support on it makes its money factors much worse.

I would be very surprised if the 3.0 wasn't cheaper to lease than the TDI.

Car_man
    Host
  • audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    Car_man,
    I was at multiple dealerships and their residual value for Q7 2010 premium plus /36/10k is 47% (MF 0.00108) and not 49%. If you add Audi care then your residual goes up to 48%. ( Is 49% for September?).
    Do you think you could post complete table with RVs and MFs for all Q7 models/options for this month? It would be much easier to compare and decide what to get.
    Also, are there any other credits available besides loyalty $1000 lease credit? Are there any rebates for finance?
    And last question: Do you know why salesmen are negotiating with you monthly payment and not the sales price of the car? What am I missing?
    Car_man never mind about residual values. I found the answer.
    Can you please answer on loyalty and my last questions.

Thanks
    Hey audi_man. the only ccash incentive that I am aware of on leases of the 2010 Q7 right now is $1,000 loyalty cash.

It's in salespeople's best interest to keep consumers in the dark about the actual selling price of the vehicle that they want. If they just talk payment, they can play all sorts of games with the term, mileage allowance, etc to make a deal look more attractive when it really isn't. To me, knowing the selling price of a vehicle is the clearest way to find out of good a deal one is getting. Salespeople what to keep the picture cloudy.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car_man

Does anyone know if someone could out bit Q7 2010 Premium plus with 19" wheels deal $690/month incl taxes - $1500 due at signing. I'm ready to rap this up this week..

let me know: email2vlad@hotmail.com
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Member Posts: 51
    That sounds virtually impossible. That is a 55,000 car. What is the sales price going into the lease, the Money factor and residual. Thanks
    if you are saying it's virtual impossible then you must know mf and rv.
    What is possible? What numbers do you have in mind?
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    It is not possible
    I leased my 08 Q7 for $630 a month NO $$ down with Audi care 15K miles per year. Of course at that time the MF was 00006 and $5000 off discount
    Can someone recommend any dealer? looking for Q7 2010
  • anderlechtanderlecht Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I originally leased a '07 Q7 3.6 with 12K miles/yr. A year into my lease, they swapped my car into a brand new '08 Q7 3.6 Premium with extra options that my original car did not have. The sticker was close to $8K more than the original Q7. Audi USA said that the '08 would be only a substitute of collateral and that only the VIN# changes in the lease agreement, but the lease terms remain the same. I have about 32K miles on the car and am in a dilemma because my lease is up in early next year. The dealer is offering to pay the 2 payments left on the car and offer it as Certified Pre-Owned if I agree to pay extra $2.5K and finance the car. I have $29K left in residual value. What can you Audi gurus suggest in my situation? I have brakes that are squeaking and need replacement and the outer edges of rear tires are balding. Is it a good deal to pay the CPO fee and finance the car and move on? Or is it better to just return it? Please help!
This discussion has been closed.