Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Lease Questions

Comments

• audi_manaudi_man Member Posts: 64
    CARMAN

Do you know why dealers claiming that they have only few Q7s in stock?
    Is it true that it is in high demand? is it hard to believe with this economy
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi audi_man. As of mid-October Audi dealers had around 570 Q7s in stock. That represents a 24 day supply of the truck. When compared to the nearly 50 day's supply of Audi cars it certainly appears as though dealers have a limited number of Q7s to sell and that you are being told the truth. Remember a vehicle doesn't have to be selling like hotcakes to be in short supply. Audi could have slashed its production of the Q7 as a result of the sluggish economy.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Nice...at the same time their rates are crazy compare to Mercedes and BMW.
    Mercedes and BMW have better programs and incentives.

Their rates are telling me that they are not interested to sell their cars. I drive 07 model and I like the car but not in the position to jump from $570/month to $800. What are they smoking? Are they in the survival mode? This is my 3rd leased Audi and I do not have a choice other then to switch to Mercedes or BMW.
    I do believe in what you just mentioned Q7s are NOT in high demand their production was slashed
    Simple example this Q7 forum is NOT moving as it used to.
    Can a vehicle be leased through different bank other then AFS?
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    audi_man, I'm with you on this one and I am in the same position as you in regards to having an '07 Q7 coming off lease in 3 months. I'm hoping that before mine ends Audi gets on par with the current MB and/or BMW, all of which I hope are still attractive come March. The Q7 was my first audi and I have for the most part been very satisfied with it, but there just aren't enough reasons to pay several hundred more dollars a month for a Q7 over an X5 or ML series.
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    Hi
    I think they gave away the cars the last 2 years to get the business.
    I've owned more than 25 Mercedes and BMW etc - never thought I would get an Audi.
    My Mercedes lease came up and I was going to get the GL series. My next door neightbor happned to have a Q7. The only Audi in our neugborhood of ancy cars.
    I went to Audi and got a great deal $630 a month - 15K a year audi care no $$$ down for a $55K car. The MF was .00006 plus heavy discount. The same deal for the Mercedes ML would be around $800 Plus. So I decided to give Audi a try.
    Guess what - When I oull up to pick up my daughter from school - there are 5 Black Q7 and 1 white 1 silver back to back. It remind me of the Audi Q5 commercail.
    Anyway - within 4 miles radius of my house - I would see at least 3-5 black Audi running around on any given time.
    The point is they gave away the lease to get the business and now they have it - they are not lowering the price.
    My lease is up within 12 months. I like the Q7 but would not pay $800 vs $630. I definitely will replace with a Mercedes again
    As far as I see The problem is not with Audi and price. The problem is with the AUDI FINANCIAL's rates. ( where do insensitive come from? From the manufacture or the bank? )
    Question: Why Mercedes financial rates are much lower compare to Audi??
    MBW offers $4500 insensitive on their X5 model. I'm sure I'm missing something but what??

alakrsfan,
    Also there is another option at least for me. Not sure if I should keep/finance my Q7 07. I have low millage of 14k and my lease is up in December
    Also, Hope to see better rates in this month.

Car_man,
    any good news on 36m 10k 2010 Q7 prim plus 3.6 L ?
  • snow26snow26 Member Posts: 24
    Carman:

About to lease a 2010 3.6 s-line and need the lease rates, resid and MF, for 36 and 42 month, 15k per year.

Much thanks.

Snow26
  • smgreenbergsmgreenberg Member Posts: 8
    I just looked into buying our 2007 Q7 since the 2010 Q7's are leasing at ridiculous prices. The financing we are being offered is 4.48%. Is this reasonable? Can it be negotiated? Thanks for any advice!
  • erubensterubenst Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Could you confirm whether this is correct for a 42 mth lease of a 2010 Q7, 3.6 premium plus, 47% residual, .00183 MF?

Many thanks,

Eric
  • mlocamloca Member Posts: 15
    Hi,
    It seems like there are a lot of people who are nearing the end of their original Q7 leases. I bought one in March of 2007 (36 month lease, 12K/year) and got what I thought was a solid deal (no money down, $630/month, Audi Care included, on a $57K 3.6 premium with all the gadgets). The residual value is $31K.

Does AFS move at all on the residual? I would pay $25K for it.

How strict are then on the returns? Tires, brakes, small nicks, etc.

I am worried as I have 5 mm left on the brakes and don't want them to wear out as I am told they are VERY expensive to replace. I did find front brake pads online for $65 for a pair which would be a bit less than the $1200 the dealer wants for them (I won't be putting new rotors on if I were to return it.

Any insight would be great.
    Hi Snow26. Through January 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00163 and 50%, respectively.

Audi is scheduled to introduce its new January programs on the 6th. Please feel free to check back with me then and I'll gladly give you an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi smgreenberg. Audi is offering special financing rates on the A5 right now. Its exact rates vary by term. They are 2.9% for 3 years, 3.4% for 4 years, 3.9% for 5 years, and 4.4% for 6 years. This program is only scheduled to run through January 5th though.

Please feel free to check back with me later this week for an update on what Audi's new January programs are like.

Car_man
    Host
  • tlecotleco Member Posts: 34
    I have my brakes replaced at 25K ,iles for $450. Audi wanted $1200. They offered a discount of $400 but I didnt do it with them.
    The pad is around $65 x4 plus 4 sensors and labor. Around $450 is the total.
  • snow26snow26 Member Posts: 24
    I needed the 42 month terms and the car is an SLINE, which the dealer says has a lower residual value. Thanks carman.

Also, the car has condensation in the lights. dealer say that is normal???

Thanks.
    Thanks for the info - hoping you can provide info on the Q7 when the Jan rates come out. I assume the financing is different if you are purchasing new vs. used. The Q5's were obviously new. Looking for lease to buy rates.
  • edgar_in_vegasedgar_in_vegas Member Posts: 10
    HI Car man, I am a pretty new member, here. I am looking for the new lease numbers (money factor and residual value) for a 36 month lease on a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year. Please help! Thanks!
  • lalakrsfanlalakrsfan Member Posts: 44
    smgreenberg - have you had any success in finding a better loan rate to buy your Q7 off lease? Are you working with the dealer on this or directly with Audi Financial? I talked to Audi Financial this morning and got quoted a rate of 4.51%. Seems competitive vs. other lenders but I was hoping for something better. There is a special CPO loan rate "starting at 1.9%" on the audi website, but not sure if that applies to buying off lease. I will call back Audi Financial and ask.

I think my situation is similar to yours...my Q7 lease ends on 3/31 and with the '10 model lease rates so unattractive coupled with the low residual value on my Q7, it make sense to buy the Q7 and hang on to it for awhile. My miles are low (21K) and I have audicare, so other than the inevitable brake/rotor replacement sometime soon as well as tires, my cost to own looks to be better than I could get on any other vehicle.
    The 4.51 I was offered was directly from AFS. I went to a local dealer however the lowest offer they would give me w/o a credit check (to see what other banks were offering) was 5.25%. These are both pretty competitive and the honest truth is the percentage really doesn't affect the monthly payments THAT much. If I were to certify my pre-owned car they would offer me a much lower interest rate but I am choosing not to go that route (I am sure they would tell me I need 4 new tires, new brakes, etc....) I actually have a lot of miles on my car so we would have to pay the overage at lease end but either way the warranty is 4 yrs/50,000 miles. Good luck with your decision, hope I was able to help!
    Welcome Edgar. Here's the info that you're interested in. Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • wantanewridewantanewride Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,
    Do you happen to know if Audi's January rates are still the same for February? And, what they would be for 20k/year?

I am debating between the Enclave and the Q7.

Thank you.
    Hi wantanewride. Audi Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 49%, respectively.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that AFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • dfandreidfandrei Member Posts: 2
    Car_man

If i walk into an Audi dealership tomorrow and I tell them I want .00175 and 49% for 15,000 miles how do I justify it? I'm looking at a 2010 Q7 TDI though. I saw 45% and .0027x I think. I like your numbers but I'm not sure what I'd be justifying it with when I go in.

Thanks!
    Dan
  • jack170jack170 Member Posts: 1
    My Audi Q7 has 27k miles and residual value is $28,500. I spoke with Audi customer service and I was told to pay the residual value of the vehicle if I want to buy out my leased SUV. How is your experience with Audi? Can you negotiate with Audi to lower the buyout price? :)
  • dfandreidfandrei Member Posts: 2
    Car_man

I think I need to clarify my request -

Looking for 2010 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige lease MF, residual (15K miles). I'll probably get Audicare - I think that adjusts the residual.

What is common practice for dealerships to mark up the money factor? If AFS is offering it at .00175, what would be a reasonable mark up by the dealer - if any?

Thanks!
    Dan
    edited March 2010
    Hi Dan. The reason that you've seen different numbers for the Q7 that you are interested in is that Audi Financial Services' lease program varies by trim level. Audi is not currently providing any lease support on diesel Q7s. As a result, its program will be much worse than the one that I mentioned was available on the Q7 3.6.

Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 TDI Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00192 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This factor is still way better than the .00270 that you were quoted. You definitely should shop around or negotiate more with this dealer until they are willing to use the more reasonable factor that I mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Dan. I see that you actually want the Prestige, not the Premium model. The money factor for the Prestige is the same...but unfortunately its residual value is much worse...44% for 36 months, 15k versus the 50% that I mentioned earlier.

When I lease I refuse to allow dealers to mark up my car's money factor. When I don't buy through employee or supplier purchase programs, I shoot for $500 or so over invoice and no factor mark-up. This will work on some vehicles, but not all. I never fall completely in love with any one model. There's tons of great vehicles out there. If I can't get an amazing deal on one vehicle, I will switch to a comparable one that I can get a deal on.

Car_man
    Host
  • norfolkaudinorfolkaudi Member Posts: 3
    I am getting a money factor of .00214 on the 3.0 TDI Prestige Plus with 12000miles on 36 months- seems like its much worse than what you guys are getting????

How do you get rates directly from AFS- when called them they said I must go through a dealer....my dealer who gave me 00214 said it wasn't marked up and showed me his sheet from AFS but it looks like it was???
  • tmorefitmorefi Member Posts: 6
    Mid-may will be the end of our 3 year lease of our 4.2 Q7. We love and am interested in buying it out but the buy-out price seems to be a few thousand higher then market value. Is this price negotiable and if so, whats the best process? Just like buying a new car? Thanks for the help. This is my first lease.
    Hi norfolkaudi. The reason why the money factors that you have been quoted on the Q7 that you are interested in are higher than the ones that others have seen is you are interested in getting the TDI version. Audi is not currently providing lease support on diesel Q7s

I believe that Audi Financial Services' March standard buy rate lease money factor for Q7 TDI models is around .00192 for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
    edited March 2010
    Hello tmorefi. In order to determine whether you should purchase your vehicle at the end of your lease, you need to compare its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. Even though it states your Q7's purchase option price on your lease contract, you should place a call to the bank that you are leasing it through just to make sure that you have the correct figure. When you do so, it never hurts to try to haggle with them. Some banks will negotiate the lease-end purchase prices of vehicles. If your initial contact at your bank is not willing to lower your vehicle's purchase price, you may have better luck if you work your way up the ladder to a manager. There is a good chance that they will not lower your vehicle's price, more often than not they will not, but you don't have anything to lose by asking.

As I said earlier, once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values".

If your vehicle's purchase price is less than or similar to its current value on the open market then you may want to consider buying it. If not, walk away.

Car_man
    Host
  • luv2researchluv2research Member Posts: 4
    Hi. Can someone provide me the new lease numbers (money factor and residual value) for a 36 month and 42 month lease on a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year. Thank you in advance for your help.
  • norfolkaudinorfolkaudi Member Posts: 3
    BTW, I just heard Audi has a $1000 rebate for current BMW drivers on the lease or purchase of a new audi. I would like help on the lease rate (not marked up) on a premium plus Audi TDI Q7.

I signed a contract but the dealer offered to provide a lease with no mark up and match the rate if it drops between now and when the car is delivered. I signed at end of Feb at .214 and it seems people are quoting .192 so if thats the case wanted to check-in with my dealer but Audi is so opaque with the rates and wont confirm what their current rate is so no way for me to check if the rate improved from Fed to march....anyone know?
  • jermadmanjermadman Member Posts: 4
    My 3 year lease on my 2007 Q7 will be over on April 1. My buyout number is around $27,300 (the same as my mileage) I have someone who wants to purchase the vehicle for $29,500. The only catch is that I can't transfer the car to him on paper. I would have to buy it from Audi and pay the California sales tax. and then he would buy it from me and pay the sales tax again. How do we get around this. He is willing to pay my payoff amount and the sales tax and I would pocket around $2,000. Both of us are OK with this. But we don't want this deal to be double taxed.
  • car4carcar4car Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Car man, Is this a good deal? I am not sure if I should lease an audi 2010 Q7 premium plus, MSRP $53,725 or buick enclave CXL2 AWD,

AUDI'S OFFER W/ 0 DOWN, JUST 1ST MO AND PLATES:

Term: 42 Months 12,000 MILES/YR
    Payment: $874.60
    Purchase Option: $23,526.25
    MSRP: $53,725.00
    Sale Price: $51,717.00
    Money Factor: .00190 or 4.56%
    Total Drive Off: $1,052.10

or BUICK'S $49,000 ROUGHLY SALE PRICE 12K MILES/YR
    -$2850 REBATES
    48 MO LEASE -- 0 DOWN , JUST 1ST MO AND PLATES
    $787/MO --- SAYS SHOULD GO DOWN BY DATE NEEDED
    Greetings luv2research. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00190 and I believe 46%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi norfolkaudi. Audi Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 TDI is indeed .00192.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi car4car. The money factor that you were quoted looks good to me. It's right in line with Audi Financial Services' March buy rate for this truck.

Now let's look at this vehicle's selling price. The dealer invoice price of a 2010 Q7 3.6 Premium Plus is $50,022. That means that the price that you were quoted is $1,695 over invoice. That's not terrible, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I would not be surprised if you were able to beat this offer by several hundred dollars.

Car_man
    Host
  • luv2researchluv2research Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the info Car_man.
  • car4carcar4car Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much Car man!
    You're very welcome, luv2research.

Car_man
    Host
  • fikisportsfikisports Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,
    Please fill me in on the following lease rates for a 2010 Audi Q7 Premium Plus, based on 15,000 month and 36 or 42 month terms. Thank you
    Hi fikisports. Here's the numbers that you're interested in. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 Premium Plus with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 45%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42 month lease are .00171 and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
  • shivrajrshivrajr Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man - Can you post MF and residual for 36 months and 10k miles for 2010 Q7 Preimium.
    Here you go, shivrajr. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Q7 Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00151 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • proautobuyingproautobuying Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

How about the same as above, but for 15,000 miles?

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    Subtract 3% from the residual to go from 10K/yr to 15K/yr..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• proautobuyingproautobuying Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Walt!
  • max27tmax27t Member Posts: 35
    Hello Car_Man,

Do you have any information on the current rates for 2011 models? Delivery won't be for a couple months, but the MF I was given today seemed a little high. It is for a 2011 Q7 TDI Prestige 15K miles 36 months. Thank you very much.
    I certainly do, max27t. Through July 5th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Q7 TDI Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00214 and 48%, respectively.

This program is fairly irrelevant though because Audi's program for this truck will likely be very different several months from now.

Car_man
    Host
  • max27tmax27t Member Posts: 35
    Thank you, Car_man.

I realize the MF will change, but I wanted to get a calibration point. I was told the MF would be 0.00269, which seemed high. I believe you have confirmed my suspicion. The residual is the same. Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.