Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on negotiating an even more attractive selling price, jbpiper. It sounds like you got a very good deal. Enjoy your new ride.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi blueapple. I believe that Mazda's cash incentive on leases of the CX-7 is national. In your post you listed both this vehicle's MSRP and dealer invoice price. Are you saying that you are getting it for dealer invoice? If so, that is a pretty good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with is using Mazda Credit's current 27 month buy rate lease money factor of .00142 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    car_man...just a little fyi on the lease cash...it's only on the sport model in my region....not sure if its only on the sport in other regions.
  • samsakssamsaks Member Posts: 4
    Hi all, I'm thinking about leasing a CX-7 Touring AWD with the MOONROOF/BOSE/6CD CHANGER and the preferred equipment package for 27 months and 12,000 miles. Could anyone tell me what the Money factor and residuals are on this? And what would be a good price on the vehicle.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • sxg57sxg57 Member Posts: 1
    In Northeast Ohio 1 dealer is offering $0 per month for 27 months with $3995 total due at signing. This is for the basic sport model. 10,500 miles

Another dealer is offering $179 per month for 27 months with $999 due at signing. 10,500 miles.

Are either of these good deals??
    Thanks for the info, Rich.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Sam. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 27 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00220 and 67%, respectively. Mazda is providing $750 lease cash on the '07 CX-7 right now, but as Rich mentioned earlier it is only available on Sport models, not Touring. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the CX-7 right now, but you may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for the one that you want by visiting the following discussion: "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sxg57. The best way to evaluate these deals is to look at the MSRP and selling price of the vehicles that they are being offered on. If you provide me with these numbers, I will gladly let you know what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • eddyleeeddylee Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man, I received the following offer for a CX-7 with Sunroof, ungrade Bose speaker with 6 CD change-player, and leather seat. For a 27 months lease
    MSRP: $27930
    Cap Cost: $25043

No money down. Just $430 + tax per month, sign and drive.

Is that a good deal? :confuse:
    Hi eddylee. You are in luck if you didn't lease the CX-7 that you are interested in yet. Mazda recently made an unscheduled enhancement to this truck's lease program. Is the CX-7 that you are interested in a Sport, Touring, or a Grand Touring model and is it 2WD or AWD? There is a difference between the lease program for these trim levels. Let me know and I can give you an idea of what the exact lease program is like for the model that you're interested in and give you my opinion on the price that you were quoted.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • stang95stang95 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I am just starting to look at a CX-7 FWD sport to lease. Can you tell me the money factor and residual for a 36 and 39 month lease at 12,000 miles per year? Also are there any lease incentives going on now? If it makes any difference I am in Orlando, Florida. Thanks!!!
  • eoseireeoseire Member Posts: 146
    Hi Carman. Can you please share the new enhancement on the Touring and Grand Touring models AWD. Thanks
  • eddyleeeddylee Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Carman. I would like to lease an AWD Grand Touring with Sunroof. 24 months 12K@year. Orlando FL Area also. What should I expect. Thanks.
  • hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    I am shopping for a 36 month with lowest possible miles, don't think they have 10 000, Cx7 touring with sunroof package. The dealer won't give me the residual value, lease money factor or a rough retail price over the phone, but I would like to do the math, before I go in. When there, the numbers and offers they fire at me, will just confuse the hell out of me. I live in Brooklyn, NY. Can you help?
    What information can I demand from the dealer over the phone, before I go in, such as retail price, residual value, money factor?
    Hi stang95. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-7 FWD Sport with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 56%, respectively. Mazda is currently providing $750 lease cash on '07 CX-7 Sport models. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi eoseire. The CX-7's lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for the CX-7 Grand Touring AWD are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello eddylee. I can tell you what this truck's current lease program is like, but in order for me to estimate what its monthly payment should be for you I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price. You can find its MSRP by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Mazda Credit's current 24 month, 12,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Mazda CX-7 Grand Touring AWD are .00107 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I'd be happy to help you out, hugo5. Mazda Credit does offer 10,000 mile per year leases, well actually it's 10,500 mi/yr but close enough. If you were to lease a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring AWD through Mazda Credit right now for 36 months with 10,500 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value are .00092 and 57%, respectively. Good luck in your quest for a new vehicle and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey hugo5. You can demand any information that you want when corresponding with a dealer via e-mail or over the phone, but they aren't obligated to give you anything. Some dealers will share this information and some won't. Many dealers are hesitant to provide consumers with numbers over the phone because they know they have a much better chance of closing a deal if they can get them to physically come into the dealership. Plus, dealers don't want consumers taking the numbers that they quote over the telephone and shopping them all over town.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Car Man,
    Thanks for the info! Could you give me the numbers for the FWD as well?
    I am coming out of a BMW lease and wanted to stay with BMW, but size up from a 325i to an X3, to find that it was too expensive. I started looking at cheaper cross overs and found the CX7 and Ford Edge. I like them, because they look nice, the CX7 actually drives well, the Ford dealer wouldn't let me test drive, unless I was ready to draw up the contract and do credit check, etc....can you believe that?
    What's your opinion on those two? I don't know what the bank fee is for Mazda, but I did the numbers and came to this:
    Mazda CX7 touring AWD with moonroof in white pearl

$29,580 msrp $27,590 invoice

36 moth 10.5 k = .00092 and 57%,

$28500 sales
    $16860.8 residual
    $12719.2 depr. = $353.31 + 41.73(MF) = $395.04/month

tax on monthly:
    $1191.05
    +$ 395.04 first month
    =$1586.09 due at signing (plus bank fee & DMV)

That is basically, what I would pay for a 328i 36month/10k lease. I could stay with a sedan, and at least with the BMW I know what I am getting.
  • rowdygirlrowdygirl Member Posts: 1
    I saw an add on this? Anyone have more details on what the model would be? Has anyone else seen this deal? :confuse:
  • digidavedigidave Member Posts: 48
    Is this an ok deal for a FWD CX-7 Sport (Copper Red Mica / Sand interior) with only the following?

Moonroof / Bose / 6CD Changer package
    Cargo Net
    All Weather Mats
    8-way Power Driver's Seat
    Rear Bumper Guard
    Wheel Locks

Price: $25,271
    (includes something called a "Philadelphia Assessment" for $238)

$2,000 my out of pocket
    $750 lease cash (applied towards the deal)
    $338 / mo, 36 months, 15k per year

Don't recall the MF but believe it was something like .00012 - does that sound right?
  • imamgimamg Member Posts: 136
    Why do you keep reffering to these as "trucks" ? Is that due to the weight of the vehicle?
  • digidavedigidave Member Posts: 48
    Updated numbers to my previous post:

MSRP $26,470
    Price: $25,357
    Cap Red: $1993.43
    Term: 36
    MF: .00112
    Resid: 54%
    Fees: $418.30

Does $338 / mo, 36 mos, 15k / yr match up?
  • ronpelonronpelon Member Posts: 1
    Hi car man. here is my info on the lease i signed today...have a look and let me know if i got hosed or did good..

cx7 sport with moonroof, bose pack with power seat, sirius radio,

msrp 26810
    cash incentive 750
    24 month lease 318 including tax
    12000 miles per year
    downpayment of 3967 ( includes everything..sales tax, acq fee of 595, wear care of 595, lic and reg, and 1st month payment) Had a 2005 ford f150.. difference on trade value and what i owed was 914...that was added into the lease..I added the wear care pack ( covers me up to 2500 usd after trade for damage or excess mileage...i will prob put on about 18000 per year so i figured this covered me).
    What do ya think...
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    Hey, congrats on getting a new CX-7. There's only one problem, the Wear Care doesn't cover you against excess mileage. I don't know if the dealer blatantly lied to you of if you just misunderstood. I have leased 5 Ford vehicles and am very familiar with the Wear Care program but after hearing your claims of it covering excess miles I wanted to be sure that nothing changed as I had just leased a new Ford 2 months ago so I sent an email to Ford Credit inquiring about it. Mazda American Credit IS Ford Credit so I just eliminated the middle man. I'm sure you will get the same response from Mazda. Anyway, this is the response I received about MY LEASE of a 2007 Ford Edge:

Thank you for contacting Ford Credit.
    I apologize for any confusion. WearCare is an add on product sold by the dealers which provides a lease customer with protection at lease termination against wear and use charges. However, this option does not cover excess mileage charges.
    Please bear in mind, any mileage accrued on the vehicle in excess of that which is allowed per your contract, is assessed a charge. A review of your contract shows the charge per mile is $.20 in excess of 31,591 miles. This charge is assessed if the vehicle is returned to your dealer at lease-end. Should you choose to exercise your Purchase Option and purchase your lease vehicle at lease-end, you will not be charged for any additional mileage.
    Thank you for visiting us on-line.

Sincerely,

Danielle
    Ford Credit
  • bethbaloghbethbalogh Member Posts: 1
    has anybody ran this vehicle with midgrade or regular, also has anybody noticed turbo lag?
  • dilslipsdilslips Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

We just leased a CX-7 sport with the moonroof package for 256 a month,2200 down inclusive of taxes,fees etc.
    I went with an ad in the paper for a test drive and we liked it..the dealer negotiated a lot and came down to a price that we were comfortable with.
    he did not give me the Money factor,but reading the other posts,I think i got a good deal..what do u say?I also got in the $750 lease incentive

here is the breakdown
    cx-7 sport
    2200 down,256 pm,24months,12K mi w/moonroof package,black with beige cloth interior.
    No problem, hugo5. The numbers for the 2WD model are exactly the same. The last time that I saw it, Mazda Credit's acquisition fee was $475.

The Ford dealer wouldn't let you test drive an Edge without running a credit check :surprise: . That's ridiculous. It's not like you were trying to test drive a Ferrari. Sheesh. I would have run away from that dealer as fast as possible.

Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. The lease program looks great, it's right in line with Mazda Credit's current program for this model. $1,000 over invoice for a lease of a CX-7 Touring isn't bad. I personally would shop around a little bit to see if I could do more like $500 over invoice. You don't have anything to lose by trying. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "Mazda CX-7: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi rowdygirl. I have seen the advertised lease that you mentioned. The $229 per month deal is on a really basic vehicle, a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport FWD and it requires a $2,000 capitalized cost reduction. I'm not sure of what the MSRP and selling price of the vehicle that is used in the ad are. If you tell me what the full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least the dealer invoice price of the exact CX-7 you are interested in are I would be happy to estimate what its monthly payment should be for you. You can look up this info in the following section of this site: Edmunds.com - New Vehicle Pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi digidave. do you happen to know the full MSRP of the CX-7 that you got this quote on. This is a very useful number because it will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and it will enable me to use Mazda Credit's current lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi imamg. You're right, the line between cars and trucks has certainly become very blurred over the past several years. When Mazda reports its sales figures and other companies track them the CX-7 and other SUVs and crossovers are considered to be light trucks so that is what I have been calling it. I should probably just stick to "vehicle" or "model" ;) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on getting your new ride, ronpelon. Do you know your CX-7's selling price. It would make it much easier for me to evaluate this deal because it will show me how much of a discount you were given and it will enable me to use Mazda's lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi bethbalogh. This particular discussion is for consumers to discuss leasing the CX-7. You may have better luck getting feedback on what gas to use in the following discussion: "Mazda CX-7".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi dilslips. The lease payment that you negotiated looks pretty good to me, but it is difficult for me to give you a detailed analysis of this deal without knowing what its MSRP and selling price are. If you provide me with these numbers I will be happy to take a closer look.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • markmark Member Posts: 16
    I have leased two vehicles in the past and I understand the basics. Question: My mother is 76 years young. She has a 99 Merc Grand Marquis and would like to get a CX7. She was wondering if she were to become incapacitated or die during the term of the lease, would her estate (IOW would I) be responsible for the balance of the charges? My thanks to anyone who takes the time to respond.

ML
  • fabricfabric Member Posts: 22
    I want to buy one and check the Mazda web. They only offer lease cash back $750 or 0.9% for 36 months. But I can't find any purchase incentive $? Can anyone tell me?
    Thank you! :)
  • stang95stang95 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man my question is this, the local Mazda dealer is offering the base CX-7 for $18,995. When I go to negotiate the lease do I use the $18,995 number or would they not use that for a lease? In other words would they not discount as much because its a lease instead of a purchase? Thanks!
  • gmorgangmorgan Member Posts: 1
    Hello...This forum is awesome!!! I am scheduled to buy a CX-7 Sport AWD tomorrow and I would love to here any and all opinions prior to the purchase.

Here are the stats:
    Make - CX-7 Sport AWD
    Add-ons - None...this thing is plain Jane
    MSRP - $26,085
    Trade - $4,700
    (positve equity actual trade $11,700 but I owe $7000)
    Money Down - $0
    Terms - 36 month - 15K miles per year
    Payment $210

What do you guys think?...still agonizing over this. Tough deciding between this and a GMC Envoy that I can actually drive cheaper but I like the safety features and sporty ride of the CX-7 over the Envoy.
  • pjo1966pjo1966 Member Posts: 157
    Personally, I wouldn't put that much money down on a lease. You would be better off putting that money in the bank and making bigger car payments. If anything happens to your car during the lease that $4700 is gone... just my opinion.
    Hi Mark. It would be best to check directly with Mazda Credit to see what would happen if your mother became unable to drive during the course of her lease. A number of banks, but not all of them, allow estates out of leases if the lessee passes away. I suspect that it is a lot less likely that one would be able to get out of a lease if they became unable to drive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Unfortunately, fabric, Mazda is not currently providing any cash incentives on purchases of the 2007 CX-7. In July, it only has a special lease program or 0% financing for 36 months, 3.9% for 48 months, 4.9% for 60 months, or 5.9% for 72 months on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • aephemeaepheme Member Posts: 48
    Car_man,

What's the special lease program for July like? Money Factor / Residual for a 24 month / 12k mile lease? Is it the same for all trims or does it vary?

Also, how do you find the MF/Residual? Is there a web database out there I can look these up at? Calling dealerships is tiresome...

Thanks!
  • sdoo25sdoo25 Member Posts: 25
    Can someone please post the money factor and residuals for a lease of a 2007 CX-7, touring, FWD for 24 and 36 months?

Thanks,
    Tom
  • mvelosomveloso Member Posts: 9
    Been lurking here for a bit until my lease went through. Details:

CX-7 GT AWD
    24 months
    12,000 miles
    Title & Reg: $218
    Pmt: $261
    Cap Cost: $24,594
    Residual: $18,872
    Down: $0

Royal Moore Mazda, Hillsboro OR. Online buying really works...how about that?
  • joshknotjoshknot Member Posts: 20
    Hey mveloso-

Pretty good looking lease deal- what was your total up-front cost? Was it really just the $218 + $261, or did you make a capitalized cost reduction (down payment) to arrive at that low a payment?

-Josh
  • philskarenphilskaren Member Posts: 4
    What was the original MSRP? How hard did you have to negotiate this deal? I am trying to get the same deal locally on a really nice GT FWD w/ nav, bose, sunroof, leather, etc. and they would NOT go for it at all. 3 diff sales people etc. :sick:
  • laithd1laithd1 Member Posts: 1
    Need some help from you all. I am trying to negotiate a lease on a base CX-7 sport, no options in the state of Texas. MAzda is advertising $229/Month, 24-Month Lease, $2,824 due at Lease Signing after $750 MAC lease cash back. Includes 1st Month's Payment and Acquisition Fee. I want to lease with $0 down. MSRP on the vehicle is $24,660. What should me lease payments approximate? Please help!Thanks!
  • lklein1976lklein1976 Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

I have been searching for a few months and I am deciding between a CX-7 and a Murano. I think I like the CX-7 a tiny bit more, but the 2007 models are virtually sold out here in NY. I have one month left on my lease and I am going to wait it out for a 2008. I am most likely going to get a Sport model with a Sunroof and Bose. I want to be in the low $300/month range with either $0 or $500 down. 12k/year 36 or 24 months. The dealers do not seem to want to go down that far, but I do not think that this car/SUV is worth $400+/month. My friend got a AWD sport for $256/month with only $750 down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.