Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

Comments

• jayboy58jayboy58 Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to this site and have a question about the question submitted by laithd1 on Aug 16 #151 of 152. I too have the exact same question as him and I would like to see what the answer is. Where does one go to see the answers? Thanks, jayboy58
  • newsuvbuyernewsuvbuyer Member Posts: 12
    Hey Car_man,
    You saved me lots of $$ when I leased my Honda minivan back in December. Please help me again - can let me know the current lease details for the CX-7 (residual and money factor). Hope to save some money again!

Thanks.
  • ccr1030ccr1030 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Carman,

Looking for the same info, money factor and residual value for the T and GT models. I was quoted $355/mth today with $1000 down for a 36 mo/12,000 mi/yr lease. I am thinking I can do much better than that. The MSRP on the model I was looking at was around 27,000 base model cloth seats with the automatic seat adjustments.

Thanks
  • cruzj99cruzj99 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Car Man,

Please advise on 2007 CX-7 GT AWD August 2007 Lease money factor, residual value for 24 month lease at 10,500 or 12,000 for northern California buyers of Tier 1 Mazda Credit co?

I'm looking to buy tomorrow and I have found the CX-7 that I really like. I just need to make sure I have leverage knowing what the dealer's buy rate and actual residuals are because they're not being too straight with me (quoting $ of monthly payments without any other info). I really hate this kind of haggling since I used to be a F&I manager for BMW in Fremont.

I wanted to share here in this forum that I've found a neat lease calculator that I use and it's pretty accurate. See: lease calculator
    2007 CX-7 Touring AWD with Tech Package and Preferred Equipment Package. Liquid Platinum Metallic w/ Black leather interior.

MSRP $31,990
    Selling price: $2480 back of Dealer invoice (27,500?)

Lease Term: 24 months
    Miles: 15K
    Drive-off: $2500
    Lease money Factor: .00054
    Residual: $21,000.

Payment: $234 + Tax = 250.00

Still can't believe wife and I got this w/a tech package & AWD for a mid $200 monthly payment!
  • pmadrugapmadruga Member Posts: 4
    Hey cruzj99,

congrats for your deal! Would you mind sharing how you got this deal (i.e. how many dealers did you talk to, did you send emails/call/go to the dealerships), how much haggling did you need to do).

I want to lease a GT with Tech Package late september and any info you might give would be very helpful.

Thanks
    Hi Pmadruga,

I used to be a car sales guy for about 5 years and eventually worked my way up to being an F&I manager at the peak of my career. I remember all the ins-and-outs of how the negotiation takes place and knowing the psychology and process of making a deal is completely different in every market. So the first thing you have to research is how competitive your market is.

There's so many dealers located within just miles of each other here in the SF Bay area where I live. That gave me a real big advantage. So I went to edmunds.com and requested a quote from all the local dealers via e-mail. Instead of waiting for each dealer to call me, I called them after getting their e-mail contact info sent to me. Doing this indicated my interest to them and I told them the timeframe, what I was interested in buying and always made it appear to be flexible with what he/she had in their inventory. I talked with three dealers and got quotes from four.

Since I made it seem like I was willing to take something off their hands without the hassle of having the dealer to look around and trade it with another dealer for me, I assumed the negotiated price/deal would be sweeter. The first couple quotes was attractive. The key thing I would need to emphasize on was that I was only asking for sales prices, not leasing prices. Sales prices might have more incentives than leasing prices and my goal was to get the best of both worlds.

Their first quotes to me on the internet, I figured, still had room to play with. So I went to the closest dealer to my home and test drove one on their lot and got a couple of quotes.

After revealing to them that I wanted to lease, the dealer came back with an initial offer of $450 a month with 959 down assuming I had tier one credit.

The key thing to know about leases is terminology. I knew all my terms and did my research on what the residuals and lease money factors were, so I knew exactly how those terms would affect my payment. The main thing that I wanted to see was that all terms of the lease deal would satisfy me enough to take it. Because I knew how it would affect me and I told them that bsing me wouldn't cut since I used to be a F&I manager before, the deal was pretty straight forward.

I had perfect credit and I had my money down. So I ended up getting buy rate on the lease money factor and the dealer was trying to work me on the price. Not having credit and the money down is always a factor in financing. These are the two tools in negotiating for a car that give you automatic leverage in financing. Don't shop for a car if you're credit score is crappy or if you have nothing down to put.

Since it was the end of the month and I was willing to take a car from their inventory, I had leverage and used it carefully. I had to make sure I had ways to justify my price negotiations. So I took the printouts of e-mail quotes from other dealers on vehicles in their inventory and to the dealer I wanted to shop at.

In the end, $2480 back of dealer invoice was what the owner of the dealership approved for my deal. They took a $969 dollar loss to sell me a car.

I said I'd be willing to take any car color but I wanted specific things (i.e. Tech package tour or GT with AWD). Made it seem that I wasn't compromising too much, but was willing to take another vehicle from another lot even if the color combination was different than the one on the dealer's lot. This gave me another advantage. I was using the leverage of buying on the spot but comparing deal structure's from the dealer's competitors.

It took a lot of hassling and a lot of dramatic negotiations, but that's the car business. Be ready to walk out but be patient to hear what the desk manager has to say. It's a really fine line of understanding when you have to give in to what you're going to get and what you actually want.

But in all, I made my decision, negotiation and purchasing within 48 hours. This is something not many can do, but only with years of being on the other side of the deal and understanding how it all works gave me a clear picture of what thresholds and limits of a deal were fair enough to make everyone happy.

My free advice to you now:

1. Start getting your e-mail quotes from all your local dealers at the beginning of the month.
    2. As soon as you get the e-mails call them and tell them your time frame in buying, what you're looking for etc.
    3. Be flexible with what the dealer has in their inventory.
    4. Create alternative scenarios of your deal, example if it's a lease calculate how much you're willing to settle for and what is ideal for you so you know what to say when you're asked "what's going to make you buy today?".
    5. Print all the quotes and take them to your dealer the day you're ready to buy.
    6. Give yourself enough time the day you want to buy. Start early on a Friday at the end of the month so you can drive from dealer to dealer if necessary. Also being there early or during office hours means the owner or General manager is there. When you're close to the end of the month and the owner is there sweet and unheard of deals are more likely happen.
    7. Don't be afraid to play the game. Dealer's will lie through their teeth when you sit in front of them to negotiate something that they have on their lot but will be so honest and courteous over the phone to get you in the door. The are all manipulative control freaks.
    8. Prepare an emotional leverage tool when negotiating. Example: "What would make me happy is if I got this deal instead of that.." or "I need to make my wife happy" something like this. It's usually taboo for auto salespersons to come up with a way to handle such an objection.
    9. Realize there are plenty of cars just like the one you see on their lot. Don't let the dealer light the fire under your [non-permissible content removed] to buy now, but buy within your set time frame.
    10. Bring a friend or third party with you to the negotiations who might be interested in buying a car. Have him/her test drive your car to give you some objective advice. If you bring a friend who might be interested in buying later, you can use this as a negotiation tool to get your good deal now. Also a friend with a type A personality can be really 'useful' during a car purchase.
  • pmadrugapmadruga Member Posts: 4
    Hi cruzj99,

thanks for taking the time to write such a long and comprehensive message. Your thoughts were very instructive and will certainly help me to be better prepared for the negotiation. I know that it will be hard to get a deal as as good as yours, but hopefully I'll be able to get a GT with Tech Pkg for in the low 300s with ~2K TDO.

Take care and thanks again.
  • bigpav7bigpav7 Member Posts: 9
    Hey all,

I got this offer from a local dealer in NY I'd like some opinions on. The offer is for an 08' CX-7 Touring AWD with the tech package. Total upfront - 1500 plus DMV fees, monthly payment of 389.00 a month for 36 months with 12K miles (includes taxes). Does this sound like a good deal or should I keep looking? Thanks.
  • shite4brainsshite4brains Member Posts: 7
    Just leased an '07 Grand Touring AWD with Bose, Moon roof, and the cargo package.

MSRP is 30,370
    Invoice 28,314
    Sales Price: 28,982

Tax, Title and License: $698.96
    Total Gross Cap Cost: $29680.96

36 month, 36K miles,
    $0 down, $0 security deposit, drive off and monthly $394.10

I'm feeling good.
  • billybobiibillybobii Member Posts: 6
    What would be a fair lease deal on a 2008 Mazda GT CX-7 in the state of NJ ? What would the capital cost, residual and money factor amounts work out to be in a best case scenario?
    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
  • billybobiibillybobii Member Posts: 6
    Car_man would you comment on the following terms of a lease for a 2008 GT Mazda CX-7 loaded.

Cap Cost $31665.28
    MSRP $32,650.00
    Residual $19,263.50
    Money Factor .00114
    No Capital Cost reduction
    Monthly payment for a three year lease $459.00

Thanks for your input.
  • spinspin31spinspin31 Member Posts: 2
    I'm leasing this car tonight, well maybe, but now im starting to doubt it is a good deal.

2007 Mazda CX7 Grand Touring AWD (no other options)
    Monthly Payment: 320
    12k miles
    36 months
    MSRP: 28,100
    Car Cost: 26,268
    Transport Fee: 595
    NY Assessment Fee: 350 (What is this?)
    Total Invoice Amt: 27,213
    Residual: 54%
    Money Factor: .00054

Is this a good deal ?

Thank you.
  • spinspin31spinspin31 Member Posts: 2
    Oh and 2000 out of pocket, this includes all fees registration, etc.

Thank you
  • ws01ws01 Member Posts: 11
    Car_Man, what would be monthly payment for above car with MSRP 24,695 and selling price of 22,275 for 36 mo with 15k miles per year?

ws01
  • em520dodd77em520dodd77 Member Posts: 2
    2008 Mazda CX7 Grand Touring FWD
    Options: Tech package,Remote Engine Start,Compass Mirror w/Homelink System
    16,500K Miles/year
    24 Month Lease
    MSRP $31,175
    Invoice $29,341
    Residual 67% ($20,887.25)
    Money Factor: 0.002110

getting $500. cash back so,
    Total Cash D/O $1,004

Is this a good deal? Please advise.
    how much per month including tax is the payment and what is the 'gross capitalized cost'?

I was able to get $$2850 back of invoice and my money factor was slightly 0.00045
  • em520dodd77em520dodd77 Member Posts: 2
    The payment for the above mentioned deal is $453.99 + tax ($37.45), Total payment: $491.44

Guys, the reason I'm on the fence is , five days ago I was given a quote that was forty dollars cheaper than it is now because the car had to be changed and then the rates went up from a money factor of .001500 to .002110 causing the payment to rise. Why did the rates go up? Aren't the rates supposed to change respectively on the 1st or 31st? I had one low payment on the 4th and a new high payment on the 8th because (they say) the rates went up. Should I wait until next month to see if the rates go down? or, should I sign the deal in case the rates go up even more?! What's the deal with the rates? Are mazdas not selling this month? Is there some major issue going on in the auto industry I don't know about?

Another problem is that the car is a hard to find one... black on black, tech, and compass mirror. I'm not willing to settle for a car that I don't love so, I'm afraid if I wait again, I'll have to start from scratch hunting for the perfect car and deal. Be honest, is this deal worth it. Please advise.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi billybobii. The best way to get an attractive lease on the Mazda CX-7 that you are interested in is to negotiate as low a selling price as you can and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Mazda is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2008 CX-7 GT through Mazda Credit. Taking this incentive into account, I would not be surprised if you were able to negotiate a capitalized cost of dealer invoice or slightly over on this model right now. Make sure to stop by the "Mazda CX-7 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their CX-7s lately.

As I mentioned above, once you have arrived at a selling price that you are happy with have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using this vehicle's buy rate lease money factor. Mazda Credit's current 36 month buy rate for the '08 CX-7 GT is .00158. The 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for this model is 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey billybobii. A loaded 2008 Mazda CX-7 GT has a spread of around $2,300 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In addition to this spread, there is $500 lease cash on this model right now. I personally would aim for a discount of at least $2,000 if I was in the market for this model. The $985 discount that you were quoted would not be enough of a discount for my taste.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ws01. Let's work up a lease payment on the CX-7 that you are interested in and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport FWD that has an MSRP of $24,695 and a selling price of $22,275 through Mazda Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $292.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi em520dodd77. In your post you mentioned this vehicle's dealer invoice price but you never specifically stated what its selling price is. Are you implying that you are getting it at invoice? If so, this is a good deal. The money factor that you mentioned is right in line with Mazda Credit's current buy rate for a 24 month lease of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • ws01ws01 Member Posts: 11
    one more q. question, what is the MF and residual for 24 mo 15k miles per year?

tks
    ws01
  • jpautojpauto Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

I am looking at leasing a CX-7 and would greatly appreciate some information. Details:

2008 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD
    moonroof/bose package
    mirror/homelink
    preferred package 2
    msrp: $30,645
    inv: $28,534

For October 2008, wondering about:

- available cash/rebates/support
    - money factor
    - residual

Looking for 12k miles per year or 10k.
    Looking for 36, 24, or 27 months.

Thank you in advance for your help sorting out the numbers!
    Hey ws01. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-7 Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00211 and 68%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings jpauto. Mazda is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of the 2008 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD through Mazda Credit. This model's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease with 12,000 miles per year are .00211 and 70%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00158 and 56%. If you were to lease with only 10,500 miles per year, the above residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • jpautojpauto Member Posts: 11
    Thanks! Quick follow up - I thought you posted a few days earlier that the residual for 36 months and 15k miles is 56%. So just wanted to double check the residual on the 36 month and 12k miles - is it 56% or is it higher? This is a huge help.
  • wichard20wichard20 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Thanks for all the great info. For the 2008 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD, are the lease rates and incentives the same for November?

Thanks,
    Rich
  • russianmayarussianmaya Member Posts: 3
    Help. I have had an RX330 for the past 8 years(2 4 year terms) and my lease is up in a month. A few people mentioned how great Mazda CX7 is. What can I expect to pay on a 3 year lease? Fully loaded or at least premium package and nav+back up camera. I want to know what I am in for before i make a decision. Thank you in advance
    You're very welcome, Rich. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00158 and 56%, respectively. Mazda is providing $500 lease cash on the CX-7 in November.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi russianmaya. The lease payment for the CX-7 that you are interested in will vary depending upon what its MSRP and selling price are. For now I will work up a sample lease payment for you based on a 2008 CX-7 Grand Touring AWD that has an MSRP of $33,800 and a selling price of $31,227. Using these numbers, I estimate that this vehicle's 36 month, 12,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment is around $404. That's not bad for a fully loaded model. I'm surprised that the payment wasn't higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Car_Man -

I am looking for the current residual and money factor for the CX-7 GT FWD, 36 mo, 12k miles/yr. Location Florida.

Thanks!
  • ddeliseddelise Member Posts: 353
    Car_Man -

I am looking for the current residual and money factor and Lease Cash for the CX-7 GT FWD, 36 mo, 12k miles/yr. Location Florida.

Thanks!
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    I test drove a CX-7 today and it was awesome. It was a Grand Touring with technology package. I have done my research and know how to negotiate a lease deal but apparently I was too smart for these guys and threw them off. I was trying to get them to go $500 over invoice but they wanted to lease it to me at MSRP minus $500 MAC cash. The salesman kept on coming out with payment estimates but no information I asked for such as selling price and money factor. I walked out because I was getting no where on this deal.

'08 CX-7 with Technology Package
    MSRP $30,940
    Selling Price: $30,440 (estimated, since dealer didn't disclose)
    Residual: 71%
    Money Factor: .00211
    Tax and title: $1100
    24 Month lease payment with $0 down tax included =$511.00

This was their final offer, and what pissed me off was that they came out first with a $600 monthly payment quote. How do they cut $2,160 of payments and only drop their selling price by $500. It's obvious they were trying to charge me more than the MSRP. Any thoughts?
    I submitted an offer online to a dealership last night. They called me this morning and accepted it! Here's the details.

2008 CX-7 GT with Technology Package, Wheel Locks, Black exterior, Sand Interior.
    MSRP: $30,990
    Selling Price: $28,722 Invoice
    Tax, Title, Registration: $1,035
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    24 Month Lease
    71% Residual
    .00211 money factor
    Monthly Payment $458.34
    First payment due at signing. All of that with no down payment, or security deposit!

What do you think?
  • piloti_stipiloti_sti Member Posts: 62
    Can anyone estimate my payment based on the following terms and selling price. I am not sure what the best money factor is right now but I should qualify for it.

'08 Sport FWD with Bose/Moonroof option and Crystal White color option.
    MSRP: $26130 Invoice: $24373
    Selling price: $24218
    36 months 36k miles
    I have 7% tax rate here. And I want to put 0 down.
    Thanks
  • piloti_stipiloti_sti Member Posts: 62
    Sport CX-7 with the moonroof bose package and power seat in the Crystal white MSRP $26,520.00
    Selling Price:$23,718.00
    Residual 58%
    Money factor .00158
    Down ( includes all startups and first payment ) $589.42
    Monthly payment $325.47 + tax

Does it all match up??
    Assuming that $23,718 is your net cap cost, startups and other fees are payed separately and upfront, and your 7% sales tax is added to each payment rather than payed up front, I calculated a monthly payment of $313.86. Use this leasing calculator, it is very useful.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • lilro33lilro33 Member Posts: 7
    Car_Man -

I am looking for the current residual and money factor and Lease Cash for the CX-7 GT AWD, Tech pack, 36 mo, 12k miles/yr. Location Long Island NY

Thanks!
  • ungreccoungrecco Member Posts: 1
    Please advise on 24mo 15k and 12k mile money factors and residuals.

Thank you.
  • lilro33lilro33 Member Posts: 7
    24 months with 15k miles
  • couchman57couchman57 Member Posts: 13
    Looking for help on getting the right deal on a CX-7 Grand Touring with Tech Package. Was looking at other cars, but it seems the residual on this SUV is high for 2 years and want to verify my assumptions including:

> 2 year lease
    > $0 down
    > Estimated MSRP Sticker: $32,000
    > Estmated Final Price: $29,500
    > 15k miles
    > Residual (calculated for month of February)
    > Money Factor - Unknown
    > Any applicable lease deals with Mazda
    > Any pitfalls with Mazda leases
  • couchman57couchman57 Member Posts: 13
    Have not had any responses - either this vehicle is bad and is not selling or the deals are not that good...

Carman - do you have any insight?

> 2 year lease
    > $0 down
    > Estimated MSRP Sticker: $32,000
    > Estmated Final Price: $29,500
    > 15k miles
    > Residual (calculated for month of February)
    > Money Factor - Unknown
    > Any applicable lease deals with Mazda
    > Any pitfalls with Mazda leases

I have read other posts and your comments on the Honda Pilot are favorable. i'll watch this cateogry but the 2 year deal on a loaded CX-7 may be the way to go - let me know what you think...
  • weziespiceweziespice Member Posts: 3
    HI CarMan

Can you tell me the latest info on the MF and res rate for the 2008 cx-7 touring and grand touring and how long will they be in effect?
    15 k
    36 mo

Thanks
    Wezie
  • wilt1wilt1 Member Posts: 13
    Picked up an 08 Sport AWD today for 249.00 a month for 27 months, 12,000 mi. per year. Put down 1,500.00 and the dealer picked up the two remaining payments on my 05 Mazda 6. Veh. stickered at 26828 they gave me 1000.00 rebate and I had a 500.00 rebate as a current leasee. I thought it was a pretty good deal.
  • varlorovarloro Member Posts: 1
    After much disagreement with my wife, I finally broke down and leased a 2008 Mazda CX-7 sport for her {I don't "believe" in leases}. I think I got a fair deal but I would love some feedback from experts. Here are the details: 2008 CX-7 silver platinum sport, no tech package, MRSP $24858, my price $ 20,858 which the salesman said was a loss for them, residual value $16885 after 27 months, down payment $1901 includes all fees, 10, 500 miles/year, 15 cents each additional mile, I got a lease for 27 months at $198/month. I thought it was OK but I just wanted to check to see what others thought. I just don't know what the big deal is about the reduction in price from the MRSP if I am not buying the vehicle? I mean I am leasing the car not buying it so does it really matter? Forgive me if I sound ignorant about this but I really have no clue. All comments, good or bad, are appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Hi lilro33. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-7 GT AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00112 and 56%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $25 lease cash that Mazda is providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings ungrecco. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-7 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 67%, respectively. The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $250 lease cash that Mazda is currently providing on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi couchman57. Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Mazda CX-7 with 15,000 miles per year are .00109 and 65%, respectively. If I was in the market for a CX-7 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of dealer invoice. You can look up this truck's exact invoice price by stopping by the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Wezie. Through March 31st, Mazda Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of any 2008 CX-7 with 15,000 miles per year are .00112 and 54%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this vehicle, make sure to take the $250 lease cash that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host