Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda CX-7 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, britboyinfl. Enjoy your new CX-7.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Greetings patwhite. Here's the information that you're looking for. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Mazda CX-7 Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00081 and an unattractive 40%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is available on leases of it in your area.

Car_man
    Host
  • walktofastwalktofast Member Posts: 10
    This is on my Mazda dealers web site in Massachusetts. I went yesterday and going back today to drive both CX7 and 9. Posted under CX9 lease and confused as to why the payment on the CX7 would be more then a lease on a CX9. Really don't want to put 3k down on a lease. (also looking at a used CX7 for $17,000 so might buy) THANKS

New 2009 Mazda CX-7 Sport AWD
    Offer ends 7/31/09
    BUY FOR $20,170

Lease for $339
    Per Month

MSRP $26,895. Automatic. Price plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All dealer and factory rebates and incentives due to dealer. Vehicle must be paid for at time of purchase. 36 month lease, 10,000 miles per year. $22,420 Cap Cost. $3000 due at inception, plus tax, title, registration fee, and $295 administration fee. All lease payments include destination. Subject to Chase Mazda tier 0-3 approval. 0% APR financing available for qualified customers. Cannot combine offers. Vehicle shown for illustration purposes only. Subject to prior sale. Offers end 7/31/09.
  • eoseireeoseire Member Posts: 146
    Hi Carman, Do you have CX-7 GT rates for August ? Thanks
    I sure do, eoseire. Chase's (Mazda runs all of its special leases through them now) current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 CX-7 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00105 and 46%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

Car_man
    Host
  • eagles2eagles2 Member Posts: 7
    Car man, Do you have any lease info for the 2010 cx7. I am looking for 24 or 36 months, 12k per year.
    Thank you.
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    Looking for 2009 and/or 2010 lease rates on CX7 all trims...

10k, 12k miles, 24 and 36 months.

thx
    Here's the information that you're looking for, eagles2. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 CX-7 Touring AWD (you never mentioned the specific trim level that you want and it makes a difference) with 12,000 miles per year are .00085 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00105 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi smithsonga. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor for 24 month leases of any trim level 2010 CX-7 is .00085. The money factor for a 36 month lease of this truck is .00105. Here are its 24 / 36 month 12,000 mile per year residuals:

CX-7 Sport FWD: 60% / 52%
    CX-7 SV FWD: 62% / 53%
    CX-7 Grand Touring AWD: 56% / 48%
    CX-7 Grand Touring FWD: 56% / 48%
    CX-7 Touring AWD: 59% / 51%
    CX-7 Touring FWD: 58% / 50%

The 24 and 36 month, 12k factors for an '09 CX-7 are .00015 and .00076, respectively. Here are its resids:

CX-7 Grand Touring AWD: 51% / 54%
    CX-7 Grand Touring FWD: 50% / 43%
    CX-7 Sport AWD: 50% / 43%
    CX-7 Sport FWD: 49% / 42%
    CX-7 Touring AWD: 49% / 42%
    CX-7 Touring FWD: 48% / 41%

Car_man
    Host
  • nualakerr1nualakerr1 Member Posts: 9
    I just got quoted today for a 2010 CX-7 base (no frills whatsover) with zero down $389 a month + tax. Seems very high to me. I live in FL.
    He said the residual value on this car was $11,500. Does this sound right?
  • monkey10018monkey10018 Member Posts: 9
    Hi...we just picked up our 2010 CX7 in S.florida (Ft Laud area)...sounds like your deal is a little high. Here's ours:
    2010 CX7 i sport
    w/convenience package(u get the sunroof/power seat/backup camera)
    $3k at signing (this included all the taxes/tags/etc)
    $289 mo/36 mo.
    10k year (we didn't need the extra miles)
    (we started the process thru the Costco buying program...they seem to help
    weed out the shady dealers)

We had turned in our '07 CX7 and I was concerned to trade down to the non-turbo...I have to say we are very pleasantly surprised! Nice performance and much
    better mileage!
    Good luck!
  • andy107andy107 Member Posts: 1
    I just got quoted $360/36 month with no down (1st month plus aquisition) for 10K a year in NYC. Does it sound fair?

I'm kind of nervous. Never leased or bought new cars before, so I don't really know what to expect. I checked some internet reviews on this dealership, and they are not encouraging. Are those contracts much more complicated than the ones for used cars? Thanks.
  • johnnyg54johnnyg54 Member Posts: 1
    Just came back from the dealer and worked out a deal for a 2010 GT-CX-7. Just wanted to know peoples thoughts.

39 Month
    15000 miles
    1500 At inception
    500/month

Thoughts/Comments?
  • gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    Would appreciate the Nov numbers based on 15k mi/yr for a CX-7 FWD Touring and Grand Touring. Need 24, 36, 39, and 42 /mo lease terms if available. I'm trying to strike a deal this week. Much appreciated!
    Here you go, gator00si. Mazda's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2010 CX-7 FWD Touring with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 55%. Its 36-month numbers are .00042 and 47%. Its 39-month numbers are .00070 and 45%.

The money factors for the 2010 CX-7 FWD Grand Touring are exactly the same, but its residual values are 52% for 24 months, 44% for 36 months, and 42% for 39 months.

I left out the 42-month program because it's not really a good idea to lease this car for too much longer than its basic warranty coverage of 3 years, 36,000 miles if I was in your situation. It would be beyond annoying to have to pay to fix some sort of issue out of your own pocket before returning your car. Here are the 36 and 39 month numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • statefanstatefan Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the lease rates/values for a 2010 CX-7 Sport (FWD) are? For a 42 month lease, I was provided a 46% residual, and I did not get the money factor, but based on the Mazda Website, I believe it's .00105. If anyone can verify that 42 mo residual rate, and let me know what the 36 & 24 mo residual rates are currently, as well as verify the money factor(different for 36 & 24?), I would greatly appreciate it.
  • mahsullymahsully Member Posts: 5
    Thinking of leasing a 2010 i Sport by the end of Dec. Looking for the money factor and residual value for both a 36 and 42 month lease. Trying to determine if the "Mazda Drive Off"deal ( $316 for 42 months with $0 down, $0 security, $0 1st month) is a good deal or not. Thanks. :confuse:
  • bonesazbonesaz Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man,

Would you have a minute to review the following for me?

I just received the following lease numbers from a local dealer in AZ. I'm looking at a 2010 CX-7 Touring FWD with the technology package. Here are the numbers:
    36 month, 12k miles a year, 0 down
    Base including dest: 28735
    Residual 48%
    Money factor is .00042
    tax is 8.1%
    Doc, Reg, Acq = 1448.26
    Cap Cost = 28,038 fees rolled into it
    Discounts are $2145 (500 mazda, 1645 dealer)
    monthly is $468.00

I plugged the numbers into my lease worksheet and they look ok, but the monthly payment looks high, I'm thinking that I can do better on the cost, maybe another 1,000 off. Doc fee is high at $400.

What are your thoughts, I appreciate you taking a look.
    Hi statefan. Mazda's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 CX-7 Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 24-month lease are .00045 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mahsully. Mazda's December lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2010 CX-7i Sport FWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00070 and 46%.

Despite the fact that Mazda is advertising a 42-month lease on this car, I personally wouldn't lease one for that long. You'd be much better off going with a 36 or 39 month lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bonesaz. The CX-7 that you described has a $1,930 difference between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $1,645 dealer discount that you were quoted looks very attractive to me.

Furthermore, the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Chase's current program for this model.

If you like the CX-7, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • bonesazbonesaz Member Posts: 6
    Thanks Car_man I appreciate the help, even though I have the lease worksheet it's still difficult at times the way salesmen combine items and call things by different names to make sure I'm not getting taken.
    You're very welcome, bonesaz.

Car_man
    Host
  • stargazer534stargazer534 Member Posts: 5
    Car_man,

Can you give me the December numbers for 2010 CX-7 s Touring with Technology pkg, as well as the Grand Touring (no packages) 36 mo lease, 10,000 mi/yr?

Thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Kristina
  • henmobilehenmobile Member Posts: 13
    car_man, could I have your opinion on the following?

Zip Code=19454 (PA)
    MSRP=$24,840
    Lease price=$23,550
    Term=36 months (1st month paid by dealer under Mazda drive away program) Mileage=10,000
    Residual=50%
    Bank rate=.00042
    Acq. fee=$595,
    Monthly Payment=$334 + tax

How can I get the dealer to pay the last payment of $442 on my current Toyota? The dealers all seem to insist on adding it back in to the new lease.

Are programs/deals usually better or worse in January than in December?

Anyone else have any comments?

Thanks!
  • bldazbldaz Member Posts: 11
    Please Help me out, my wife needs a car this week

I must be doing something wrong, using my numbers a 31935 MSRP CX-7 2010
    36 month, 12k miles a year, 0 down
    Base including dest: 31935
    Residual 48% =15328
    Invoice is about 30000 - 15328 = 14672 depreciation
    [divided by} / 36 = 407 +19 = 426 +tax =461 payment
    Money factor is .00042
    tax is 8.3 where i live

Doc, Reg, Acq = 1448.26
    Cap Cost = 28,038 fees rolled into it
    Discounts are $2145 (500 mazda, 1645 dealer) if this is cash add to down? doesnt this reduce the payment rather than cap cost?
    monthly is $468.00
    I came up with 383 inc tax on a 39 month 28735 MSRP
    Are there differences between Touring and Grand toruing and sport residuals and money factors? Oh between 39 and 42 months?
    What is the 42 month resid and MF?
  • gobluejdgobluejd Member Posts: 41
    Car_man:

I am currently leasing a 2007 GT CX-7. My lease ends this July. I leased w/ 15,000 mpy and just turned 45,000. So every mile I drive now, I am at 0.20 cents a pop.

So.....

When is it the best time to LEASE? My dealer says Spring. Are the deals better then? What is your thoughts when deals are better?

I am thinking of keeping until April and leasing another. Hoping my dealer will forgo my excess mileage (probably around 4k of miles or $800) if I buy from them.

I had a faulty engine and had it replaced after a year into lease. Mazda made a monthly payment for me ($380) and said they'd throw in $500 ADDITIONAL loyalty if I re-lease at end of my term. I complained in the first year that I was only getting 15 mpg, they said it was driving habits, I said NO - LOL. Weeks later a ticking in my engine caused them confusion and then new engine. So I am hoping to get some kind of special treatment.

Also I am a Automotive Vendor, in which on my current lease I used my FORD X-Plan. Now that Mazda is not a part of Ford, my dealer finance guy said he can still use my PIN for a 2010???? Does this make sense to you? Do you know anything about this?

Well I wrote a book, but you can just comment on what ever you feel you can, shortly - LOL..

Regards,

Jeff
    Car_man.....You around?
    To gobluejd,
    Yes you can use your X-Plan from Ford for a Mazda, also Volvo, The X-plan typically does not mean they have to sell to you but in most circumstances they will. It is about 750 back of invoice and they should show you the invoice too. They also usually wave the dealer Doc fees. The Invoice shows the x-plan numbers and the A- plan (employee of Ford).
    I have bought and leased a few that way, very good deal.
    Much thanks for your comments. Would you agree that spring is a good time to lease?

I am thinking about (2) possibilities:

2010 Mazda CX-7, AWD Grand Touring and Touring. Do you have current rates for this, both in AWD and FWD? No rush. Just want to establish some kind of base line, I have seen your posts on the rates for Nov and Dec.

Again thanks for your time.

Regards,

Jeff
    Thats a funny thing about what time is best. Another life time ago i was in that business and we said that the end of the year is best. There are more incentives, etc. But its a year old. But on the flip side if you buy in October you get some of last year to drive it and enjoy and the rest of this year and maybe some incentives. So it's a choice.
    Anyway the best time is when you need the car, try not to wreck yourself over it, there is rarley much of a difference.
    The Mazda deal WAS 339 on a base (plus tax)with fees (900) only down, if you extrapolate that out for a Tourning or GT it is 5 to 7 K more expensive so instead of 23K it is 29 or 30K
    This is what I was able to gleam off the internet
    2010 Mazda CX-7 Touring
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 55% | .00045 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 47% | .00042 base money factor
    39-month | 15k miles | residual 45% | .00070 base money factor

2010 Mazda CX-7 GT
    24-month | 15k miles | residual 52% | .00045 base money factor
    36-month | 15k miles | residual 44% | .00042 base money factor
    39-month | 15k miles | residual 42% | .00070 base money factor
    Thanks car man. Are Residuals and Money Factors negotiable?
    I am not the "Car man" I was replying to a post.
    Anyway no they are not negotiable but different Banks or financing may be better than what the Manufacturer offers.
    Thanks!!!!!
    No problem good luck!
    I went to dealer yesterday and had them run some numbers to see if my calcs were close. Man....way....way....off!!!!!

I was using Car_man's #'s on a GT AWD 36 @ 15,000 (44% / 0.00042). The dealer said those were last months numbers????? He used 45% & 0.00132.

How can I make sure the numbers he is using are right and they are not trying to scam me? I trust the guys as this is my 3rd Mazda, but I need to know how to confirm their numbers?

Can someone help me out?
    Apparently, The deal was until the 4th of January -
    And I am not the "car man"-
    My post -"The Mazda deal WAS 339 on a base (plus tax)with fees (900) only down"

Next -
    Did you take into account the Current Mazda Owners can get Owner Loyalty Cash toward the purchase or lease of a new Mazda?
    current offer is-
    $500 Owner Loyalty Cash toward 2010 MAZDA3, MAZDA6, CX-7 or CX-9

what was the MSRP?
    Base MSRP
    Brand new
    $ 27,995 - 38,990
    how much are they selling the car for? What is the cap cost?

Is there any install dealer options? ; ) window tint or paint sealant? $399 and up?

The old offer from Mazda was an incentivized offer from the manufacturer that the dealer has to discount the car to acheive. I have to also assume you can work the numbers so here goes -
    Here is a representative for a lease with two sets of numbers (OLD and NEW) - on two sets of MF's and Residuals -
    For a 38K car on the old MF and Resid = 501 plus tax (additional 500 dollars release money inc from Mazda)
    For a 27K car on the old MF and Resid = 352.55 plus tax (additional 500 dollars release money inc)
    Your New MF and Residual numbers
    For a 38K car 36 months 45% and .00132
    536.89 plus tax (additional 500 dollars inc)
    For a 27 K car same parameters 385.35 plus tax
    If you are a X -plan? they should be showing you all of the paperwork. So regardless of what is on here does what they are giving you work for you?

Good luck
    Hi Kristina. Mazda's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-7 s Touring AWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00132 and 51%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi henmobile. As the old saying goes, there's no such thing as a free lunch. If you are already getting the lowest possible selling price on the CX-7 that you are interested in, there's no way that any dealer is going to just eat your final payment on your current car. If you really don't want to roll it into your new lease or have it hamper your ability to get the best possible deal on your new ride, then you probably should just wait a month to get something new.

Mazda's January lease program for this model does not appear to be quite as attractive as its December program was. That's pretty typical, manufacturers pull out all the stops at the end of the year to make their annual sales totals look as attractive as possible and then pull back a little bit on support when the year-end sales end.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Jeff. Sorry to hear that you've already hit your mileage limit. That's frustrating. Now every time you drive you can see that taxi meter running in your head.

Unfortunately Mazda's January lease program for this model does not appear to be quite as attractive as its December program was. That's pretty typical, manufacturers pull out all the stops at the end of the year to make their annual sales totals look as attractive as possible and then pull back a little bit on support when the year-end sales end.

You will likely be able to get a better deal on a lease of a CX-7 in a couple of months that you will be able to get right now. Of course, it's always difficult to predict exactly what manufacturers will do with their future programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi gobluejd. Unfortunately the numbers that the dealer used to calculate the payment on the CX-7 that you are interested in, .00132 & 45%, are right on the month. As I mentioned in my previous post, Mazda's January lease program is not as attractive as its December program was.

Car_man
    Host
  • henmobilehenmobile Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the response Car_man. I ended up leasing in late December with the terms as stated -- $334.00 for 36 months. The dealer wrote me a check for the last payment, but that's because he bought my extremely low mileage 4-Runner from Toyota. They also wrote me a check for half of the disposition fee -- $150. So far, I'm enjoying the car. Only wish I could have afforded the Touring. But, I'm satisfied with the deal I got -- especially since the January numbers don't look as good as December.
    Thanks Car_man.

I am looking for specific trim and equipment, which I am having to order from Mazda. The manufacturing and transit time is just over 3 months. The problem is with the current numbers it puts me high in payment which is why I was inquiring what possibly rates could be in April. The dealer has said they will order mine for stock and when it comes in if rates suck, they will sell. He said the numbers should be lower in April/May as he said Mazda is looking to gain back vehicle sales. I will just have to wait and see. The difference in numbers made my payment almost $50 higher.
    You're welcome, henmobile. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • skylawskylaw Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone provide the current money factor / residual for March for a GT AWD, 36 months, 15K miles?

Also, are there any other incentives out there other than the $500 owner loyalty?

Thanks
    Here you go, skylaw. Mazda's current lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-7 GT AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00192 and 47%, respectively.

In addition to the $500 loyalty cash that you mentioned, I believe that Mazda is currently providing $685 cash on leases of this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • bratrambratram Member Posts: 2
    Hello:
    Could anyone let me know what the MF and Residuals are for a CX7 Sport with a Convinience Package.
    I hardly see any posts on the cx 7 forum-hope the lack of messages is not a sign of a bad car... :confuse:
    btw-I test drove the car along with a sube forester premium and a mitsu outlander xls. the mazda has great accleration compared to the other two.
    cheers
  • fonefixerfonefixer Member Posts: 247
    Driving an early cx-7 --purchased 10/2006 --currently 57,000 miles purchased new. Issues so far: leaking oil pan gasket --(dealer replaced) battery died -(replaced) tires--(replaced)-- water pump/ timing chain/ vvt actuator (keeps timing chain tight)--dealer replaced under warranty. Is this an excessive maintenance list at 57,000 miles---? A very good question. Vehicle does use premium fuel--getting 19~21 mpg in city driving.
    I'd be happy to help you out, bratram. Mazda's May lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 CX-7 Sport with 15,000 miles per year are .00170 and 49%, respectively.

I personally think that the Forester is a better value than the CX-7, but you're right the latter will likely be much faster. If I was interested in this list of vehicles, I definitely would go with the Subaru or Mazda over Mitsubishi.

Car_man
    Host