Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tradergotradergo Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,
    New to site, but really appreciate the excellent info on the GL 450.
    I was about to pull the trigger on a 2010 yesterday but saw the post about cash incentives, so I'll wait.
    The deal was for:
    Black/Black
    PK1
    Hitch
    Boards
    MSRP $67,135
    Buy $60,615

I feel that's an ok deal, but with the 11's on the floor it may not good enough yet..

Any feedback about incentives for august is needed and what or f any opinion on the deal above if you have time.

Tradergo
  • dragongzdragongz Member Posts: 19
    Hello Tradergo,

Same here, still waiting for the new rebate. Can you send an email to me for more information? kanley1@yahoo.com

Thanks
    dragongz
  • alexebialexebi Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2010
    Are we sure there'll be 2010 rebates for the GL450?

Also the www.cars.com listing of 2010 GL450s seems to be fast depleting or are the dealers just pulling the 2010 listings and putting up new listings for 2011 in order to create a sense of false scarcity for the 2010s?

What do you guys think?

Thank you.
  • mike670mike670 Member Posts: 6
    alexbi - Not sure what cars.com shows but take a look at the inventory feature on edmunds.com. Navigate to the beginning of the pricing section and then click on the inventory tab. You can change the parameters to search for 2010 GL450s within a 50 or 100 mile radius of your home zip code.

I searched my zip code (90503) and there are well over 100 GL450s and over 60 GL350s in inventory within 50 miles of me. I think this the edmunds inventory feature is pretty accurate.

I don't know what the inventory number has historically been but 160 plus 2010 GLs sitting on the lot within 50 miles of me sure seems like a fairly large number. I would certainly think Mercedes would offer their traditional incentives starting in August to make way for the 2011 GL models. I think the real question is going to be the amount and not if any incentives will be offered in August. I would wait until early August to decide as the savings could be substantial if they offer a $10k incentive like they did last year. That's just my two cents!
    Tradergo - I was trying to compare the quotes I have been getting to what you received but I cant seem to get to the MSRP that you detailed. Could you double check your options? Do you mean P01 (not PK1)? Does the vehicle have the full appearance package or just the running boards?
  • alexebialexebi Member Posts: 16
    Thank you Mike670 for your insightful comments. I pray you are right and we get hefty 10K incentives come 1st week of August.
    Hello Mike/Tradergo,

I went to the dealer. They can offer over 15% off the msrp for R350. Looks they did not try to do too many for GL450 yet. I am waiting for the new incentive program in aug. If MB will not have any better program, I may do for 2011. Hope we can make our deal.
  • tradergotradergo Member Posts: 2
    Dragonqz,
    Yes its the standard electronics P01
    Running Boards (Not full appearance Pkg)
    Trailer Hitch

Hope this helps,
    Hi Tradergo,

Thanks for clarifying the options. The price makes sense now. I think that $60k would be a good price for July with those options as its about $2k under invoice, which is what I have been offered with some negotiation, as well. Again, in August you might be able to get that price less any incentives that are being offered so it might pay dividends to sit tight until August. Black on black is a very common color combination so I am sure it or a similarly equipped one would still be available if you decided to wait 2 more weeks.
  • rush1169rush1169 Member Posts: 15
    Gearing up for the hopefully generous August incentives. . .I did a local search of Inventory (within 200 miles of my city using Edmunds) and had about 20 to choose from and only 1 was close to the color/options I want. . .

So, I'm thinking I'll probably have to make a long distance deal and have the car shipped here. Does anyone have experience doing that? Any snafus to watch for?

TY
  • myeclipsemyeclipse Member Posts: 10
    any news about the incentive? contacted 2 dealers in socal and same answer: nothing has been announced yet.
    Hello Myeclipse,

I got my GL450 in Socal yesterday. Looks the incentive is $2700.00. The best dealI could find yesterday was 10% off MSRP +$2000.00 and plus fee. Hope you can make your decision asap since there is not so many GL450 2010 out there as I knew.

Good luck
    Hello Dragongz:

Thx much for the info. I will check out with the salesman today for that 2700 rebate you mentioned. I was actually offered about 2000 below invoice on a 10 GL450 (msrp at 69000, invoice 63000, sales 61300) about 2 weeks ago. seems the 10k rebate won't be there this time. :-(
    Did a CarsDirect price today and there is a new checkbox for "Special Pricing" which takes $2,700 off. . .
    Hi myeclipse,

I got 10% off 3 weeks ago. Since there is less cars out there. They offered less than that to me on aug 3.
    Do you mind posting some more details of your purchase/lease on the 3rd? I am still negotiating the selling price with the internet manager. trying to get a P1, running board with appearance package. thx a lot
    P01, Parktronic, Pre-wiring, Black/Black. Good luck.
  • lbo3lbo3 Member Posts: 5
    $2,700? That is hardly an incentive for an outdated asset. The difference between the value of a 2010 vs. a 2011 will be much more than $2,700 in three years (even considering a lower mileage 2010). Mercedes can keep their 2010 GL's and their $2,700. Go with the 2011 model!!!!!
    edited August 2010
    Not only is $2,700 pretty paltry, but it's not combinable with 1.9%. So, if you get a 5% loan your interest will be >$3,000 more over 36 months. It's still very possible MB to Dealer marketing cash could come into play. If not, maybe September will offer a real incentive. . .or I'll end up with an MDX :)
    that's not good at all. I think it might be better to go with 2011 model or switch to Cayenne, :-)
  • mar01mar01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am also new to this forum. I live in Miami but own a place in NH. I am interested in leasing an ML350 in NH since I have not been able to find a good deal in Miami. Any suggestions? M
    Incentives on 2010 were not worth taking an older model. Decided to go with the 2011 GL350. 8% off MSRP. Take delivery today!
  • 2010gl450nj2010gl450nj Member Posts: 1
    Hello Forum,

After an extensive search with dealers in the North East. Have put a deposit down on a 2010 GL450

Black on Black
    P01 Premium 1 Package
    864 Rear-Seat Entertainment
    335 Appearance Package
    220 PARKTRONIC
    289 Wood/Leather Steering Wheel

MSRP: $70,435
    Invoice: $65,566
    Paid: $61,300
  • djp9djp9 Member Posts: 2
    Ibo3,

Would you mind sharing your dealer info? I am in the market for a 2011 as well. I am in the San Francisco bay area.

DP
    DP,

Mike V. at Keenan Motors in Doylestown, PA. Did a good amount of shopping around. They offered the best price. Good luck. It is a great SUV.
  • djp9djp9 Member Posts: 2
    Thx much for the info. Best I could get in the bay area for a 2011 has been 5.5% off MSRP.

DP
    The GL350 is the way to go. with tax credit you at $2,800 cheaper than the 450. In addition gas mileage is much better. I am getting 26 to 29 mpg!!!!
  • jimmym21jimmym21 Member Posts: 1
    Help guys!

I want to lease a new GL350 but even though the sticker price is $1,000 less than a gas model there are no lease incentives on the 350 diesel and only on the 450 gas. The 450 gas is $1000 more on sticker price but is $100 less on a 36 month lease or $3600 less. The diesel will only save approx $700 a year for 3 years or $2100 in gas savings and the tax credit is not applicable when leasing??

Also if you order a 2011 what could one expect to get off sticker price? 5% 10%? I would consider buying but I always want a new one anyways in 3+ years and it always seems like you'll get less for trade in than if you just turned it in and leased. Plus your payments will be much higher. This is the only way I could see the diesel being cheaper but this way seems more expensive.

Help! Suggestions! Advice?

1. What options are really worth it? It seems the premium 1 package is kinda needed. The blind spot mirror sensors seem well worth it.

2. How is the adaptive cruise control? worth the cost?

3. How much can I negotiate off sticker price on a lease if I have to order one? It seems I'm not going to find everything I want without ordering. Is it alot harder to get the sticker price lower by ordering or should I just settle for not having a few options or paying $2000 for an option I don't want that is already on a floor model or a model the dealer can order in from another dealer. Can 10% be negotiated off? more?

4. Are there other ways to get a deal? I noticed a MB club of america discount while searching thru the forums. Is this still live? how much is it and how does it work?

5. Would leasing a 2010 model vs ordering a 2011 or taking a 2011 model off the floor be less expensive, are there any incentives?

6. I think I need to add the option of air conditioning / heating in the 3rd row seat. I can't believe this isnt standard. Its standard on our hummer and our escalade. On a 90 degree day with no AC in the 3rd row seat there is going to be a problem. Does the "3 zone climate control" option add air conditioning vents for the 3rd row passengers? Is there an option for this?
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    Does anyone really knows about safety of 2011 GL-Class?
    MUST READ to anyone who considers or compares GL-Class to any other SUV-here: 2011 Mercedes-Benz Review of Safety.

It gives you the most detailed review I've ever seen.
  • ealita777ealita777 Member Posts: 4
    Hey DP, I live in SF Bay Area too. I just got a great deal for Mercedes GL at Smythe European. I got Costco discount which was about $3600 and also USAA discount which was $3000. If you have USAA insurance go online and click on buy a car and put in all info and then they will give you a special code and authorized dealer information. You will also print your price and discount guarantee. If you have Costco card or any of your relatives/friends have one you can bring it and you will get a great discount too!
  • ginleiginlei Member Posts: 9
    hi, would you mind elaborating on the MSRP and model of the car you got? thanks!
    edited October 2010
    I placed an order for this car since there was not one in the area with exactly the options and colors I wanted. It's a Diesel model and you don't see many of them for sale here. So I will actually buy the car in about 3 months which is great because it will give me enough time to sell my 2 cars. Please look at the price and options I got and let me know if I should still try to negotiate a better price when the car is here? So far it seems really hard to negotiate the price for the 2011 diesel model because there are not many available.

MRSP $68,700

2011 Mercedes GL350 Black/Black
    Premium 1 Package
    PARKTRONIC
    Running Boards
    Blind Spot Assist
    Chrome door inserts

With Costco discount (some $ amount above invoice price) -
    $64,300

USAA Incentive $3,000

TOTAL: $61,300

$7,400 below MRSP

They said if I was employed I could have qualified for an extra discount. Also sometimes Mercedes offers cash back. Not at the moment though.

It's good to ask about all the discounts. Otherwise they might not tell you. Also different dealers gave me different "Costco" quote... This was the best offer by almost $2,000 so I decided to take it.

P.S. also check out the Autonation direct, they will shop around for you and tell you the best prices they found with all the incentives available. Their service is free.
  • h82bl8h82bl8 Member Posts: 5
    2011 GL350 Bluetec
    White/Black
    P1 pkg.
    Parktronic
    Trailer Hitch
    Pre-Wire for rear seat Ent

MSRP: just shy of $68K
    Invoice: $63K

I paid $58.5K. I haggled the price down to $61.5K then I received $3K USAA discount which brought the final price to $58.5K.

On a different note, I have a immaculate '09 GL450 with less than 17,000 miles on it that I'm looking to sell. I'm located in Southern California. If interested, shoot me an e-mail to sumobaby00@verizon.net. It'll only be availabe for the next couple of days as I'll probably sell it to Carmax.
  • bck2bck2 Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    I'm looking to buy 2011 GL350 soon. I need everyone's help to come up with a consolidated list of all discounts available on new MB...this will not only help me, but other prospective buyers as well (thanks in advance!). The dealers won't share this information with you! Here's what I have so far from postings in this forum -

Costco - $3600 (it varies though...need Costco card)
    USAA - $3000 (I'm not sure if everyone is eligible...though this discount is for military personnels, USAA offer services like credit cards to everyone. Will check with dealer on Monday if just using their services will suffice)
    AAA - $1500 (My dealer was offering this)
    Visa/Master Card - $500 (My dealer was offering this)
    If you work for companies that uses MB Fleet Services - $1500 to $2500 (Many companies participate...Executives get $2500 and others $1500).
  • indexerindexer Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,
    I have received a quote for a 2010 GL 450 with 20 miles on it (yes 20 miles)..it apparently was used as a demo car for a bit. I will be asking for a carfax report to verify that. I want to make sure I'm getting it for a good price.
    Details-
    GL 450 Black ext/Black MB tex interior
    Premium 2 package
    Heated rear seats
    Heated steering wheel
    Tri zone climate control
    Trailer hitch
    Lighting package
    Rear seat entertainment (Prep only)
    Price quote- $61000 MSRP $71000

Do you guys think it is a good deal? Thanks for the replies
  • gs451gs451 Member Posts: 19
    Hi everyone,
    I am on the lookout for a bigger SUV. I have been quoted 2500 below invoice on a 2011 GL450. Can I do better in this market? I am in the SoCal area.

Thanks in advance!
  • tnguy1tnguy1 Member Posts: 20
    $2500 below invoice is an excellent price in my opinion. What options are you getting? What is the MSRP? I am also in the market for a GL 450. Can you give me the contact information for this dealer. Good Luck. Thanks.
  • kinogeekinogee Member Posts: 1
  • gs451gs451 Member Posts: 19
    Hi there,
    I got this from Mercedes Benz of Anaheim. I don't know the options on the car but I am still unsure what to do about my current vehicle. Good luck!
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    This past friday wife test drove GL 450, I was the passenger. On regular streets and highway the vehicle handled well. I am curious if the engine has enough horsepower when going up steep terrain such as mountain areas. One would think you need to upgrade to the GL 550.
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Don't worry. At 335hp, the GL450 has plenty of power. The only reason to upgrade is if you just really need to show off that GL550 badge on the rear of the car.
    Did you guys hear about when the new GL is coming out? We are not sure what to do. If its coming out in the end of 2011 then we'll wait and if sometime in 2012 then we'll get the 2011 model now. I saw some spy shots and the overall shape is going to stay the same but the front and back is going to be redesigned. I just dont want to buy the current model if there is a more cool looking sporty upgraded version coming out in several months. What do you think?
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Member Posts: 15
    Hi gs451,
    Can you tell me the name of the sales person you are dealing with? The max I am being offered is 1850 below on 2011 GL 450.

Also wanted to ask if anyone can post the December lease money factor and residual. Looking to pull the trigger before the 31st.

Merry Christmas all!!
    Mercedes GL 2010 "used", 20 miles:
    Price quote- $61000 MSRP $71000

I think you could get at least another 3k off. I got $7000 off MRSP for a NEW, 2011 model, I think you can get more than 10,000 off the "used" 2010 model especially at the end of the month and especially year.

See, the 2010 model is already a year old + it had 1 owner already.

I'd rather buy a 2011 with a $7,000 discount than a 2010 with a 10,000 discount. Just my opinion though.
  • darksilkxdarksilkx Member Posts: 12
    Hi all, I've been offered 5% off MSRP of 73k for a 350 with premium 1, Leather seating package, Lighting package, Rear seat entertainment system, Running Boards, Blind Spot Assist. Invoice is 69k and the figure I got offered is 800 over that. Vehicle has to be ordered. Does that look like a good deal? The other area dealer insists that due to demand 350's go at MSRP. Dealer also doesnt offer COSCO or AAA. Thanks.
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Member Posts: 15
    Negotiated 3850 below invoice including 1k for conquest money as I have a BMW. Is this a good px for a new 2010? Dealer is willing to sell 2011 at invoice but then I loose out on the 1800 tax credit as delivery will be next year.

Appreciate your advice in advance
  • bck2bck2 Member Posts: 6
    You should get better discounts for 2010 model...I just got 350 few weeks ago for 8000 under invoice.

Good luck!
  • parkerfeparkerfe Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    My dealer is offering $250 over dealer invoice for a 2011 GL350 that has an MSRP of a little over $77k. The car is on order with an expected delivery date of late Feb 2011. Is that a fair deal or will do better once the car is delivered?
  • justin12justin12 Member Posts: 23
    Need some thoughts. Looking at a 2011 GL450 invoiced at $68,943. Based on what everyone is seeing, could I get this car for $64,000 right now? Can I do better? In Colorado.
  • darksilkxdarksilkx Member Posts: 12
    We ordered a 74k MSRP 11 350 for 1400 below invoice recently. PM me if you want specifics.