Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Christian_JChristian_J Member Posts: 12
    Can't see how to send a PM here but I'd like the specifics of your deal. Buying either the GL or Range Rover in the next few days. RR leases are awful. you can send to my gmail which is cjmd55 at...
    Thanks
    We ordered a car that was $71,185 MSRP for $64,475. Negotiations were done in about 30 minutes. 2 other dealers in New England offered the same discount. The worst part is waiting for it to be built!
  • ruggmanruggman Member Posts: 15
    2010 or 2011? thanks.
  • mn11025mn11025 Member Posts: 5
    I just leased a 2011 GL 450 with P1, REP, Park, HSW, Hitch, App Pkg with MSRP of 72k for $849/mo 36 mo with NYS tax (8.6%) in the payment.. Got 7k off MSRP... Wanted to know if the lease payment was competative. I got NO fleet or other discounts on this deal....
  • darksilkxdarksilkx Member Posts: 12
    Sounds competitive to me. Did you make a down payment on the cap cost? I assume the lease is through MBUSA.
  • mn11025mn11025 Member Posts: 5
    No down payment, just first month, BF, tax on BF, DMV.
    Selling price was 64525.
  • steph28steph28 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, All,
    I need your input here.
    I am in the market of a GL450, now I have following 2 options here, or I can wait till July or August.

My question is: Will MB have a promotion in July/August for GL class? I know MB usually has big discount during that time for E or C class, not sure what they will do for SUV. Anybody knows in last several years during July/August, did MB have any promotion such as $10k off MSRP for previous-year model for GL class?

If answer is yes, then I will wait. If answer is no, would you please comment following 2 options?
    1) 2011 pre-owned with MSRP (if new) $71400, dealer offered me $62.5k, this one has 950 miles
    2) 2010 CPO one with MSRP (if new) $66500, dealer offered me $57k, this one has 3000 miles.

Which deal is better? or None? How much should be my bottom line?
    Thanks!
  • silicozionsilicozion Member Posts: 2
    msrp $72265, got an offer $8700 below. is this a good deal?

thanks!
    That sounds like a good deal. Are you using USAA or any fleet discount? Is the car on the lot or will it be ordered?
  • silicozionsilicozion Member Posts: 2
    no. I did not apply discount. just negotiate the price. ey do give me discount since i am a lexus owner. the car will be transferred to dealer next week.
  • steph28steph28 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds a very good deal, would you mind to let me know or pm me which location of the dealer you got this offer? And the contact name?
    Thanks!
  • gator430gator430 Member Posts: 38
    silicozion,

Can you please pm the name and contacts where you got this deal?
  • vivo1vivo1 Member Posts: 1
    I happen to be in search for the same 2011 GL450. Can you pm the name and where.

thanks
  • gator430gator430 Member Posts: 38
    Silicozion,

The best offer I got so far is $5500. Can you please post the name of your dealer for your deal?
    Hi All, could use your advice on 2009 GL.
    P2 package (nav, keyless go, etc.)
    44,000 miles
    car is in excellent condition

My concern is mileage and out of pocket maintenance expenses.
    Trying to negotiate additional 3 years coverage.
    Is $46,500 reasonable price?
    The total price seems quite less than other '09 models. granted, this mileage is quite high.

Thanks a lot.
  • tarikmaytarikmay Member Posts: 2
    1 week ago,we got an 09 GL450 certified cpo 31500 miles P2 package, illuminated sills, running boards, full leather, wood steering, rear entertainment- multi source, 19 in wheels for $48000 from MB of Manhattan in NYC.

they had another one for same price but p1 package 24K mi for the same price.
    my sales persons name is mike, tell him Alkaisi sent you.
    wow, great find!
    thanks for your update.
  • aeggroupaeggroup Member Posts: 133
    I was offered 2011 GL350 , P2, Running Boards, Lighting package..MSRP about $70K for $63K plus NY tax. Can I do better ? Is there any additional discounts for GL350 currently on a market ?

Thanks everybody for opinion.
    I found that about 10% off without USAA or similar fleet discount was about as good as you could do. I recall one of the managers I talked to saying "there's only 12% in these cars anyway" for whatever thats worth. I was satisfied with 10%.
    edited March 2011
    Do you know what is Costco discount and how to get it ?
    I know that I gotta be a member of Costco, but is there any timeframe I must be a member, or as soon as I apply for card nd have it - I'm eligible for it.

Thanks.
  • shop724shop724 Member Posts: 1
    Hi silicozion, this is the best price I seen, would you mind to let me know the dealer contact information, looking to buy next week, thanks.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    That is a line the use, all dealers say that
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    Costco discount is BS
    They still have to make about 10% so why pay them.
    unless you want one price and do not want to bargain.
    In this economy you have the upper hand
    edited April 2011
    I signed papers on a last day of March. Car will be delivered before April 7th.
    11 GL350...Steel Grey/Black, P2, , Lighting Package, Parktronic, Blind Spot Assist, Pre wired for DVD, Running Boards , Heated Steering wheel and Rear seats, Trailer Hitch. MSRP $72,825.00. Got it for $64,700 ( 3 years free maintenance included) plus Tax. Financing - 2.9% for 66 months. All negotiation was done over the phone. I came to the dealership just to sign papers. Overall was the easiest purchase in my life. Thanks everybody for a lot of info on this forum.
    wow, great job, aeggroup. congratulations.
    where'd you buy?
    Thanks. That was MB of Manhattan. Never thought this dealership will be cheaper than anybody else in NY Metro area.
  • theoctheoc Member Posts: 2
    Really a great deal! I went to MB of Manhattan yesterday but was not able to get same price as you did. The salesman simply said they couldn't offer that price. Maybe I just didn't meet the right person.
  • cleminemcleminem Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    There are sure some sweet deals going online at Mercedes-Benz of Denver.... Internet guy offered 12% off the car.
    I think I caught the right time to make a deal - end of the month and quater...but anyway if you interested - give me your e-mail and I'll send the contact at the dealership.
  • theoctheoc Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    Appreciate it! Please click my profile to see my email address. Edmunds didn't allow me to directly post my email address here (and deleted my previous post, for a good reason). Thanks again. :D
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Any information on prices being paid for the GL 450. Looking for base with p1 package and ideally without any other options. Lowest price seen was 68,000 to 69,000. Is 58,000 to 59,000 price reasonable. Feedback appreciated.
  • jbhungvtjbhungvt Member Posts: 2
    Hey Mlevine,

Did you buy the GL 450? If you did, what is the price you got it for?

thanks
    I am still looking and working on pricing. I have 2 offers that were not good.
    One was for $3,000 off MRSP and another $4,000. One delaer added extra packages to the vehicle adding up to another $1500 negating the $4,000 discount. So far $5300 of MRSP at one dealership, but I am doing more internet shopping. I am trying to get a dealer discount , then USAA discount, and then MB discount. My goal is to get about $10,000 off MRSP.
    I probably will wait for June or July as better deals may be available.
    Any update on your GL450 search?

I am looking at buying dealer owned (GM currently driving) GL450:
    Options: P2 package
    Mileage: 7800
    MSRP $73,500, offering $63,500.

Seems OK, but not outstanding. How low is a reasonable counter offer?

Thanks.
    edited May 2011
    I am waiting for June deals. As 2012 production may start soon I believe a good deal can be done on 2011. Locally many dealers have at least 10 or more units in stock. Since there is mileage on this vehicle, I would try to go below $60,000. It cannot hurt to try, and this memorial day weekend the dealer may need to move the GL450 due to end of the month quotas. Keep all of us posted.
  • fluffyesqfluffyesq Member Posts: 2
    You can definitely get a brand new GL 450 for that price. Just purchased palladium silver 2011 GL450 with premium package 2, parktronic, running Boards, etc., MSRP of 72, 745 for 9,700 below MSRP at $63,016. Still nervous that better deals are around the corner, but had to purchase immediately for other reasons.
    Great deal on GL 450. Did you use USAA discount as part of the process. Please let me know which dealership you used, I am in southeast Florida.
    I am trying to purchase the GL, but I must use my QX56 as a trade-in. So far have been low balled on the the infiniti SUV.
  • fluffyesqfluffyesq Member Posts: 2
    Did not uses USAA. Did use the conquest incentive which applies if you own another competitor car like a BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. Dalership I used is in the DC area. Good luck.
  • johnsmith6johnsmith6 Member Posts: 5
    M Levine--
    where did you end up on the car? I am looking at a similar deal in the NY area--the one I've been offered is a MSRP of $76,190 with ~10k miles for a selling price of $66k

I haven't been seeing the substantial discounts on the new models. can someone PM me on where you are getting those significant discounts?
    I will start my negotiations this month. Best offer was $5400 off MRSP, but did not include USAA pricing and MB loyalty. My opinion is one can get about $10,000 off MRSP based on 2012 coming outs soon and deals others on this forum have made. My goal is to use my QX56 as a trade-in which makes my buying process more challanging. I will let the forum site know about my progress.
  • johnsmith6johnsmith6 Member Posts: 5
    does anyone know the new lease program for June (w/residual on 12k miles?)
    I would like to know if any incentives are available for the GL450. I heard the lease deals are about the same from one of the dealers. I will see if June is the month to make deals.
    Two MB dealerships this weekend. I only went to one on Sunday, my wife went to both. Could not pull off any deals as trade-in was devalued. My next move is to sell QX56 and then go to one of the MB dealers and better negotiate a deal on the GL 450. I will keep expanding my perimeter of MB dealershps as one will want to move inventory.
  • miguymiguy Member Posts: 2
    Can you please send me the contact info for the dealer and who you worked with. This seems like a great deal. Also, did you end up buying it and are you happy with the vehicle?
  • miguymiguy Member Posts: 2
    can you please get me the name of the dealer and person you dealt with. that sounds like a great deal and a great car!! exactly what we want.

thanks
  • finalwishfinalwish Member Posts: 5
    Just started shopping around for 2011 GL450 with P1, and got to about ~6400 off MSRP. I want to see if I can get any better deal. I don't qualify for USAA so any other incentives/deals to throw into the mix to get the price lowered?
  • wtikwtik Member Posts: 26
    MB has a lease special for GL450 with P1 package 669/mo for 27 months based on MSRP 64,500K
    Any feedback if this is considered a good deal? do you think I can add several other options and get the same deal ?
  • heabuyerheabuyer Member Posts: 7
    So I have been looking for a GL450. I have been reading the threads and it seems that some have deals with selling price $10K below MSRP.

My dealer has a "demo" car used in a national professional sporting event. It's got some obvious wear (right seat controls broken, marring of interior in back area) and 1200 miles on it.

Highlights:
    GL 450
    Options:
    P2
    Rear Entertainment.

MSRP $75,420 with delivery

Out of the gate they are offering to sell at $70,000.
    Using the AMEX calculator invoice should be $70,662 roughly.

I am going from '04 BMW 745Li.

Questions -

It appears their offer is equal to what I should see at another dealer on a like vehicle with 0 miles and not a demo.

It appears they are not offering any of the conquest incentive.

When questioned about it they said they used "some" of the special money, but were holding some back because they off-the-cuff are $1500 lower on the appraisal for my BMW than two other offers that I have on it.

For a 2011 close to 2012 I expected better deal considering the mileage and demo useage. Then I read about conquest incentives. I posted to Car_Man in the leasing forum asking if I even qualified.

I don't feel like I am getting the best deal considering the variables. Not trying to be overly agressive, feel like there is more on the table after research and reading this forum.
  • oyvey247oyvey247 Member Posts: 18
    Sounds like you could be getting a better deal - I also went from a BMW 540 to this car - I loved my BMW but love this one more - Look around for better pricing - Especially end of the year (I leased my end of December ) and made them throw in service for 3 years too! Awesome car, especially for a large family like mine - I drive mine like a bat out of hell, but it goes like a champ! Good luck!!
  • heabuyerheabuyer Member Posts: 7
    I think so too. I wish these threads had more "activity" on them. They seem to be very low traffic.