Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz GL-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    For the GL450, 33 months is the best term on this vehicle right now.

33 mo - Residual - 59% (15k-mi) - .00155 Base Rate
    (Add 2% for 12k-mi, add 3% for 10k-mi)

A 12.25% discount is very aggressive on this vehicle!

Let me know what state you live in and/or your local tax rate and I'd be happy to figure your lease payments based on the terms above. I need the MSRP.
  • mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    I leaning towards the 320 CDi (diesel) due to its better fuel economy 18mpg as compared to 13 mpg city (for the 450)

I was old that there is a 27 month deal as well - perhaps you can let me know on both the 27 and the 33 month deals? I'm looking at 12K miles p.a. with Zero down (other than first month and bank acq fee).

Tax = 6%
    MSRP (inc all options required) is $68,415
    Cap cost = $60,034 ? (less MB family disc of 12.25%) - any adevrtising fees or cash bonus etc to be deducted ?
    Acq fee = $795
    Doc fee = $ ?
    Registration fees = ?

I don't think a security dep or disp fee is required as I am a present MBF customer
    and will be going from one MB into another.
  • loh1320loh1320 Member Posts: 1
    I am in WV, the local dealer has quoted a higher MF and lower residuals than have been posted on this site. Are the MF and residuals standard through out the country?
    Is there an official MB site that lists the MF & residuals? Do the MFs go up when the slow winter season (January-March) in the North is past? Historically what happens to the MF & residuals when the next years models come out? Any insight or advice would be appreciated.
    Are you looking for a GL450 or 550, as the there are NO special rates on the 550.

Rates can vary from region.

Money factors typically change month-to-month. Residuals typically change quartely (not always), but the later in the model year, the lower the residual as the vehicle gets closer and closer to a full years depreciation.

Special financing, leases, rebates, marketing support etc. are all indications that sales are down for a particular vehicle. Hence, the specials that entice consumers to buy or lease.

Auto sales is a market driven industry.

Here are MBC's buy rates and current residuals:

* 2008 GL320 CDI
    24 Month – Residual 62% – .00155
    36 Month – Residual 54% – .00175
    48 Month – Residual 46% – .00175
    60 Month – Residual 40% – .00320

* 2008 GL450
    24 Month – Residual 63% – .00155
    36 Month – Residual 56% – .00175
    48 Month – Residual 44% – .00175
    60 Month – Residual 39% – .00320

* Based on 15k annual miles. Add 2% for 12k, add 3% for 10k.
    Is the MSRP you gave me on the 450 or the 320 CDI? I ask because the residuals differ by 1%.

Numbers based on 12k annual miles for a 33 month term.

For a GL 450, your payments would be $764.16/mo. (includes tax)

For a GL 320, your payments would be $785.01/mo. (includes tax)

~ drive off fees: $764.16 (1st mo. pymt) + $795 (MB lease acq. fee) + ~$525 (DMV Fees) + ~$100 (misc.local fees such as tire fee, doc fee, electronic dmv filing fee, etc.)

~ $2200 due at signing. All or some of the above can be rolled into your lease payments.

All the information I have points to 33 months being the most advantageous term.
  • mssurreymssurrey Member Posts: 59
    MSRP was based on the 320 cdi

Thanks for the info.
  • spirallingspiralling Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted some input from some of the knowledgeable people on here.

I was thinking of leasing a 450 GL
    MSRP: $66170
    Cap Cost $62335
    33 month term
    MF: .00155
    61% Residual

Total comes out to $825 a month w/o taxes. Taxes are $2348 Acq fee $795

Can you tell me if
    1. you think this is a good deal
    2. If I rolled in the taxes and acq fee and only paid about $1000 up front, what should my monthly payments come out to then?

I'm about to pull the trigger on this soon if it seems reasonable.
    Thanks in advance.
    What state do you live in? What's your local sales tax rate?
  • spirallingspiralling Member Posts: 2
    I live in NY. Tax is 8.625%
    With tax and acquisition fee capped into your lease, you'd be at $923/mo and would pay 1st month payment + dmv fees at signing. With taxes capped in, but acquisition fee paid upfront, you'd be at $896/mo and would pay 1st month + dmv fees + acq fee upfront.

Based on the money factor being utilized, for every $1k that they could knock off, your payments would drop ~$35/mo. The cap cost they quoted you appears to be about $400-$500 over invoice. Certainly not a bad deal, but you might try and see if they'll cap the cost at invoice or maybe go $500 back (below invoice).

In regards to Grandprix, it's certainly an option, but just take into consideration the price of your vehicle in comparison to the member who posted that they leased for $750/mo. His vehicle could have been less expensive, or he may have leased when there were additional incentives such as bonus lease cash etc.

The numbers being quoted to you are MBC's base numbers and I don't know of another leasing source that can match the residual and/or money factor on this particular lease.

Best of luck to you!
  • aleksisaaleksisa Member Posts: 11
    deal in north east(MD) -
    GL450 w/Premium 1, iPod, 19'' wheels packages
    MSRP is about 64K, selling price about 10% off, monthly payment 685$ (tax is paid upfront).

What do you think?
    Glad to hear your opinions,
    Greg
  • bimmer_manbimmer_man Member Posts: 3
    How much did you put down?
  • banker71banker71 Member Posts: 8
    I am interested in leasing a 2008 GL320 CDI. I need current MF & residuals for 33 and 36 month leases at 10,000 and 12,000 miles. Dealer gave me numbers of 59% and .00185 for 12k and 33 mos. If I am reading other's posts correctly, I can do better. I cant be sure with the 33 (not 36) months though. Any advice on 33 vs. 36 mos? I am expecting to pay invoice for this truck in DC metro area- is this reasonable?
  • lansalansa Member Posts: 7
    Can anyone comment on what kind of MF you've gotten on a GL lease recently?
    That money factor and residual they quoted you are correct for the TDI. The gasoline (450 & 550) versions have different numbers.
  • lansalansa Member Posts: 7
    Anybody lease a GL450 recently? Trying to get a feel for what kind of money factor and discount off MSRP people are getting.
    Can you reply and tell me which dealer gave you 10% off your GL?
  • audi42audi42 Member Posts: 5
    I live in Northern NJ and wanted to know if anyone had finance or leased a GL550 recently. If so could you please provide prices that you were able to get.
    Not sure this helps you but I just took delivery of a GL320CDI at 8.2% of MSRP - around $58.5k. The dealer seemed more anxious to sell me a GL450. Good luck...we love ours.
  • audi42audi42 Member Posts: 5
    Could you tell me which dealership?
    American Service Center and Euromotorcars were both very aggressive. I used the Edmunds service to contact all the local dealers and told them that I was completely price sensitive. I think this worked well but I wasted a lot of time dealing with all the different salespeople. I also walked out of the dealer after they gave me "their best deal." They came out to catch me before I left the lot and agreed to my price.
  • johnnyb_mjohnnyb_m Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted this in the "experience" forum, but it's probably better suited for this forum.

Can someone provide the MF and the residual value % for both the GL 320 and the GL450 for 12k miles per year at 30/33/36/39 terms (whatever is best)?

I'm looking at leasing one this week and would like to know where I should be at a payment amount. While I'm in the Chicago area, I'm in Will county and not subject to the Chicago lease tax (although I do have to pay the state of IL sales tax on the full purchase amount).

Last question would be recent purchase experiences (dollars off MSRP). I'm eyeing a GL that's stickering at $70.9k, getting a price of a couple of k's below that.

Thanks
    John
  • missing_pghmissing_pgh Member Posts: 7
    Can someone provide Mercedes' October residual and MF for 2009 GL450, 36 months, 15K miles/year in the MD/VA/DC market (if that matters). Thanks!!!
  • JerrypapaJerrypapa Member Posts: 2
    For those who are looking to do a lease on ANY vehicle, here is the FORMULA to do ANY lease! All you do is change my numbers to your numbers.
    , Mercedes Benz 2009 GL PK2

Our offer is as follows: MSRP: $69080.00 MSRP: $69,080.00
    Minus Rebate: $ 4000.00 Residual: X 51%
    ---------------- ---------------
    $65,080.00 $35,230.80 Residual
    Besides Rebate, an Additional:$ 4,000.00
    ----------------
    Selling Price: $61,080.00

____________________________________________________________________________

Selling Price: $61,080.00
    Minus Residual: $35,230.80
    ----------------
    $25,849.20 (This is the amount that is use for lease payments)

Lease amount: $25,849.20 Lease Payment: $718.03
    Divide by 36 months Times (X) Interest rate 1.8% Money Factor .00075 X 2400
    --------------- ------------
    Lease Payment $718.03 Monthly $12.92 per month interest rate

Monthly lease payment $718.03 + Interest Rate $12.92 = $ 730.95 PLUS Tax

$730.95 X 5.6% Tax = $40.93

$730.95 ( + ) Plus Tax $40.93 = $771.88 Total lease payment per month 36 months and 15,000 miles per year.

As far as a Rebate Tax: $4000 X 5.6% = $ 224.00 I will pay the tax rebate up front. That way I dont have to pay Interest on a Tax Rebate to a Bank / Lender.

As for the acquisition fee of $ 895.00 (Extra profit to the bank / dealer ) for doing this deal / paperwork), It needs to be taking out of the deal. NO CHARGE.

I will bring the following to close this deal:

1- First Month $771.88
    2- Tittle Fees $ 69.50
    3- CVR Fee $ 19.50
    4- Lic. Fee $ 4.00
    5- Service Fee $129.00 (This is another fee just like the acquisition fee to the dealer / profit)
    6- Rebate Tax $224.00 Up front, not included on the lease payments.

Finally, The total amount Up-front (DOWN PAYMENT) will be $1,217.88 AT THE PENNY!!!!

And GUESS WHAT? They will go Bananas!! Don't let a dealer rip you OFF!!!
  • JerrypapaJerrypapa Member Posts: 2
    Make sure to ask the Dealer for: MSRP, Money Factor (You multiply that by 2400 and that gives you the interest rate!) , If they give you the interest rate, JUST ASK HIM FOR THE MONEY FACTOR! you can figure it out by yourself, ask for the residual, Tax % of your county, and ask ALL fee's!! (Service fee is BS's, acquisition fee is BS's, Doc Fee's is BS's) They change their names for you to think that is OK and is PART of your deal. Don't get fool!!! Then go back to my previous post and put your numbers in by using the formula from my previous post! Good luck! Dealers will lie and lie to make you bealive that any other numbers are part or HAVE to be paid to the Bank?? What bank? That's what you say to them!!! :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • tracy_socaltracy_socal Member Posts: 12
    Hello Jerrypapa,

These formulae certainly look appealing; but I would be interested in pursuing a 51 mo lease. The numbers seem ridiculously low if I use these calculations, and the dealers, I am sure, would be happy to tell me so. Another factor are the rebates; is it not the dealer's choice to grant these to the buyer? It seems to me that the dealer can add other hidden costs and fees, residual values, etc to the car to keep the lease payment high and the lease term short. If you know of ways to negociate this with the calculations that you generously provided us, I would appreciate any information that you would be willing to share! Thanks again for the post.

:)
  • lexusgirl2lexusgirl2 Member Posts: 3
    Just got a quote from the MB dealer. 2009 GL 450- MSRP $67,475 and final selling price id $64,475. The money factor is 0.00095, no down payment for 36 month lease. Monthly payment is $972. Is this a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi lexusgirl2. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck looks great. It's right in line with Mercedes Finance's current buy rate for this model. That is a good thing.

Now let's look at the other important number to look at when leasing...your vehicle's selling price. The 2009 GL450 has a spread of around $4,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price and no cash incentives. You are being given a $3,000 dealer discount on the truck that you are considering. That is likely around $1,600 or so over invoice, which isn't bad but there still some room there. If you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, I personally would not be surprised if you were able to beat this price by several hundred dollars.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • lexusgirl2lexusgirl2 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Car Man.
    You're very welcome, lexusgirl2.

Car_man
    Host
  • gl450proudgl450proud Member Posts: 1
    My Leasing Guru,

I am very new to leasing. I am planning on leasing a Year 2009 GL450 and the dealer is offering following Deal:

GL450 LEASE
    ($689.00 per mo/48 mos/$6583.00* at Signing) ($0.25 per mi Charge Over 40,000 mi)
    *NOTE: Does Not Include Tax, Title & Registration Fees.

Customer Incentive:
    1.9% Financing
    (Expires 4-30-09)

BTB, I live in Texas, Collin County where the sales tax is 8.25%.

Could you pl. advise if this a good deal? If not how much should I be paying?
    Thanks a bunch in advance
    Hi gl450proud. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the model that you want and then have the dealer calculate your truck's monthly payment using Mercedes-Benz Financial's buy rate lease money factor.

Mercedes is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2009 GL450. So just shoot for a selling price that's as close to dealer invoice as possible. You can look up the exact invoice price of the truck that you want over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

You can also stop by the "Mercedes Benz GL-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately.

Once you have negotiated an attractive selling price, have the dealer calculate your truck's monthly payment using its current buy rate lease money factor of .00074 and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
  • stockwatchstockwatch Member Posts: 21
    Car_Man

Appreciate your thoughts on the following:

2009 GL450 $59,200
    650 Arctic White
    104 Cashmere MB-Tex
    H04 Birds Eye Maple Wood Trim
    P01 P01 Package: Rear view camera, PARKTRONI $6,600
    R55 19" Wheels
    550 Trailer Hitch - 7,500 lbs. (Class IV) $530
    864 Rear Seat Entertainment - Multi-Source / $1,850

SUBTOTAL $68,180
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY $875
    TOTAL $69,055

SALE PRICE: $ 62,999.

Lease 36 months/15,000 miles
    Money factor is .00174 (not sure if this was a typo from the dealer; he may have meant .00074)
    Residual 51% on a 36 month lease with 15,000 allowable miles/year
    MD sales tax: $ 3,785.88
    MD tags/licensing: $ 270
    MD dealer processing: $ 99

Lease: $960/month (after taxes,tags, licensing and first month's payment)
    Hey stockwatch. Make sure that the dealer really is charging you the 074 month factor, not 174.

The GL that you described probably has a spread of at least $4,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are being given a whopping $6,000 discount on it.

As long as the money factor is good, this looks like a very attractive deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • john_rydelljohn_rydell Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man:

Do you know of any special May promotions for leases on the GL450? I'm also interested in the current money factor and residual on a 10,000 mile/year lease with 36 months.

Thanks for all of your help!

John
  • collmancollman Member Posts: 25
    Car_Man or Anyone?
    GL-450 Silver
    P01 Package, Trailer Hitch, Rear Entertainment Sys.
    MSRP 68,325
    Sell 64,900
    36 months, 10k miles/year
    Residual 54%, Money Factor 0.00074
    Only First Payment and License on delivery
    $886 plus sales tax

Thanks.
    Here you go, John. Mercedes-Benz Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 GL450 with 10,000 miles per year are .00074 and 54%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi collman. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted are right in line with Mercedes' current program for this truck. That's a good thing, so let's move on to the other important number...the selling price.

There is a spread of around $4,700 between the full MSRP and the dealer invoice price of the GL450 that you are interested in. You were quoted a dealer discount of $3,425 on it. That puts you at around $1,300 or so over invoice. I personally wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat this offer by a couple hundred dollars if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition, but that's not bad.

Car_man
    Host
  • porcodinciporcodinci Member Posts: 14
    Car Man,

If I am being quoted $1000 under invoice, do you think it's a deal I should jump on? It feels like the dealership would do whatever it takes to get this deal done, so I am wondering how low I can take it... On an MSRP of 72905, we're talking right at 67k.
    Hi porcodinci. $1,000 under dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for an '09 GL320. If I was in the market for one, I'd gladly pull the trigger on this offer.

Car_man
    Host
  • brentkhackbrentkhack Member Posts: 23
    Looking at this SUV with MSRP at $70,755. Edmunds says people are buying this for $59,257. Does this include the $10,000 mfr to dealer incintive? Also, what is the MF and Res for 36mths with 15K/yr? Thanks all.
    Hi brentkhack. If I was in the market for an '09 GL320, I personally would shoot for a selling price of right around dealer invoice minus the ten grand dealer cash that is available on it right now.

While the huge chunk of dealer cash that is available on this truck right now is very attractive, its lease program is not. Mercedes is no longer providing any lease support on the 2009 GL320. As a result, if you were to lease one through Mercedes-Benz Financial, you would have to use its standard lease program. Its current buy rate standard lease money factor is equivalent to an interest rate of nearly 9.5% :sick: .

Car_man
    Host
  • brentkhackbrentkhack Member Posts: 23
    I was told the res. value was 48% and the rate was between like 3.75% to 4.25% at one dealer. But they haven't called back to see if they can get access to this vehicle. One dealership in Houston has all 5 GL 320's. And that dealer didn't call back to give me how they come up with ~$1350/mth on a 36mths/15K lease. I don't want to hear MB dealers in Houston cry that they cant sell anything. And I am a returning cust. to turn in my current MB lease 5 mths early (current MB program).
  • leasegirlleasegirl Member Posts: 5
    What lease deals do you see on the 2010 Mercedes GL 450? How much are they coming off the MSRP? thanks
  • wlrdlrwlrdlr Member Posts: 15
    Hi

I am interested in leasing a 2010 GL350 Diesel

The dealer offered me the following deal.
    MSRP $70,795
    Selling price (claims to be) $64,560
    39 months / 12K miles yr
    $7000 total driveoff, $845 per month including 8.75% tax

How much more of a better deal can I get? My target is $7500 down with $750/month incl. tax for this car

Thanks
  • agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    Know the bad side of this vehicle first before you buy it. If you fill with gas get ready for big expenses.
    I am well aware the gasoline versions are gas guzzlers.

Is there a bad side to the diesel? its 50-60 cents cheaper per gallon than 91 where I live.
  • agrawalagrawal Member Posts: 49
    If by mistake someone filled up gas then it will cost you arm and leg to fix it and if you drove the car with gas in it forget it you will spend your life time saving.
  • kopierkopier Member Posts: 7
    I did the math and the actual payment with term you included should be $791.00 includeing 8.75% tax

the residual is 52%
    rate factor - .00135

I do have to say however the selling price is very aggresive what dealer is offering this deal? I am in the market for a 2010 GL 450 and I am going to Fletcher Jones in Newport on Thursday to try to make a deal. Let me know and by the way $7500 down for $7500 is a little tight - You are almost there. Thanks
    Mercedes of South Bay. They have a huge inventory as they are a volume dealer.
    Talk to Sung Park (nice, decent, wants to move cars)

Don't waste your time on FJ if you are looking for a good deal - they are good [non-permissible content removed] kissers but I don't think its worth paying thousands more for :)
This discussion has been closed.