Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• damon34damon34 Member Posts: 124
    Does anybody in here own a SE 6cyl. I was just wondering how you like it. and the gas mileage you get with it
  • dennisg1dennisg1 Member Posts: 7
    Never have gotten better. Was hoping it would get better as everything got broken in, but apparently I was wrong. Now I just have a fairly expensive car that gets what I consider bad gas mileage, and gas is getting more expensive to boot.
  • damon34damon34 Member Posts: 124
    what is your gas mileage?
  • blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    Have a loaded SE V6 (NAV & everything else) and it's flawless. We've had it for two months (1600 miles). The only time we checked the mileage so far was on the second tank. About 20% rush-hour stop & go and it was 27 mpg. We may take it out of town this weekend and I'll be able to check the highway mileage. It's a great car and the stereo is kick-butt!
  • chacha426chacha426 Member Posts: 16
    This is good news. It appears that I lost second gear today in my 07 XLE and it goes into Toyota service tomorrow. Have had bad luck with this car/dealership/service. First trip to dealership was to have a sticky console compartment fixed and they scratched my Nav screen. Still working to resolve that matter. Also, I appear to have that anti-lock brake ticking which apparently isn't an issue, but just doesn't sound good. Taking the car to a different dealership for this transmission issue...maybe better service? You're right about the shock of having a major repair within 2 months of buying a new car. It's very disappointing. The car is beautiful, comfortable and fun to drive. I hope I share your experience and that they fix it promptly and properly. Thank you for the update. :sick:
  • gbabalukgbabaluk Member Posts: 70
    I have an SE V6 with about 3000KM on it and the last tank, mostly highway with cruise on, we got about 36/37 miles to the gallon. Around the city, we are getting about 25/26 miles to the gallon. Great car and it gets better gas mileage than the 2003 Corolla that we traded in!
    Have a great day;
  • sguttusosguttuso Member Posts: 1
    i had bought my le 4cyl back in march and i haven noticed the cruise control shifting problems going up hills. what did you do and what happened?
    The last tanks I have gotten 21.6, 22.6, 23.3, 23.1, 20.7, and 23.6 mpg. In all cases three fourths of the miles were highway. I have my wifes 99 Rav4 with 140,000, and am getting consistently 25 in town. Now I realize it has the 2.0 liter engine and is lighter but it is getting better city mileage than the Camry gets on the highway. Like I said I am not happy about this, any idea's?
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    If you could ..
    A. how long are your trips? Minutes or miles?

B. at what speeds normally does the highway traffic move?

C. how many are normally in the vehicle while you are diriving?

D. weather?

Based on your preliminary date from above your conbined FE from the EPA testing criteria should be about 30.5 mpg.

But...
    a. if your normal drive is 15 min or less deduct 15%
    b. if the highway speeds are over 70 mph deduct 15%
    c. if the vehicle normally has 3+ passengers in it deduct 10%
    d. if the weather is very rainy/slick deduct 10%
    e. if the AC is on full blast most of the time deduct 5%

If all of these are in effect at the same time your personal FE could be as low as 16 mpg. That's why the statement YMMV ( Your Mileage May Vary ). If only two of them are characteristic of your driving at any one time then you should be in the 22-24 mpg range.
  • andrelaplumeandrelaplume Member Posts: 934
    I have an 02 and have been reading thru these posts. So, obviously there appears to be an issue. What is Toyota's position at this point?
  • gajugheadgajughead Member Posts: 3
    I also have a silver 2007 Camry XLE with flaking paint on the front bumper. When I took it to Stone Mountain Toyota in Georgia I told them it was a warranty, paint problem. They agreed, and I've made arrangements to have the problem fixed. One thing I wouldn't do is tell them the dings are from rocks. In my case, and I imagine yours also, there was no indication that the body had been hit by rocks. The possibility of future problems worries me. At least the problem has been documented.
  • chenglugchenglug Member Posts: 2
    I don't know if any 07 camry owners have this feeling, but I feel it takes me more strength pressing the pedal in order to stop my car than in my 99 camry.
    BTW, I own a LE V6, I have driven it for a month and put on 2200miles on it. Very satisfied.
    Minor cons: the center console light at night is too bright; braking as mentioned above.
    MPG, in city i am getting 22 which is normal. On highway, I think it reached over 30. No excitement, just EPA numbers.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    I've been watching this thread for awhile, and it seems that almost all of the issues with the new Camry center around the transmissions (except the 5M and CVT). My hope is that the 6A Snap Ring issue has been addressed at the manufacturing level. And although I didn't observe any major hesitation issues with the '07 SE rental from Avis that I recently had, I will say it did not feel as responsive as the units in some competitors (like the Accord). But- it seems Toyota is taking steps in the right direction- not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but there IS a TSB on Toyota's technical information site (subsciber only)...for the "Shift Flare", which seems to be the non-Snap Ring issue some 6A owners have experienced...

Camry TSB 6A Flare

~alpha
  • tmsusatmsusa Member Posts: 81
    Thanks for your comments Alpha. . . and your two cents worth via that post are right on. Actually, tmsusa should also say thanks to the many participants in this forum for their ongoing feedback re our 2007 Camry. While some of the dialog and critical comments from our own customers was not the most enjoyable to take in, specific real world communication of actual driving experiences--some even with helpful video--allowed us to isolate a particular RPM flare-on-shift characteristic on the V6 Camrys, unrelated to the well documented snap ring issue.

And so we have issued a new Technical Services Bulletin, kindly posted earlier by alpha01, that calls out the service procedures (valve body replacement) our dealers are to follow to address specific performance issues . . . i.e. unusually high 3rd-4th gear shift flare as described by customers who are confirmed to have had this issue with their Camrys. The procedure has been shown to eliminate or bring to within normal operation the increased engine speed occurring during that shift point.

What should owners do if they suspect they might be experiencing this condition in their Camrys? Contact any Toyota dealer and arrange for a service visit where the condition can be confirmed and steps taken to complete the TSB work--at no charge. Or call the Customer Experience Center at 800-331-4331 for additional information.

This issue appears to be impacting only a very limited number of V6 Camrys, but we are confident the service procedures prescribed within the TSB will contribute to a much more satisfying ownership experience for those customers who have had this condition with their Toyota. Toyota has long been known for reliable & dependable vehicles, and we remain as committed as ever to this mission.

Thanks again to all who have contributed to the discussions . . .tmsusa looks forward to continued engagement with 2007 Camry enthusiasts on Edmunds.
    I'd be interested in knowing if this TSB fixes the issue for folks. I was horrified when I saw a Camry Woes forum with 600+ posts so soon. For now I am holding onto my 02---rattles and all.
    We will be following this closely also. Keep in mind that this specific condition is quite limited-but the service procedures outlined for those reporting this unusual shift flare have been effective in early cases. Participants in this forum have been quite active in reporting all experiences with their Camrys, so I'm confident we'll get reports back from those that actually have this procedure undertaken.

Thanks for being a part of the Toyota family!
  • rollon1300rollon1300 Member Posts: 63
    Alpha01, thanks for your posting - and I'm sure many people with this issue will be glad to see a possible resolution.

I, as well as many other owners, would like to know how we can view all of the TSB's related to the Camry. As far as I am concerned, there is no reason that they shouldn't be freely accessable. If you would, please give details as to how you are able to get these.

Also, it is quite interesting that there wasn't a word about this particular TSB from any Toyota representative until "AFTER" your note was posted.

Thanks again - and if you happen to hear of anything related to the hesitation issue with the 4-cyl 5AT vehicles, please keep us informed.
    Rollon, I won't speak for Alpha, but I got the impression from his post that he may have accessed those documents through Toyota's public online Technical Information Service database (TIS).

The site is utilized primarily by our field & dealer technical personnel, but Toyota makes it available for a nominal subscription fee to any who are interested in more in-depth technical information about our products and service procedures.

Re your comment about the after-the-fact acknowledgement of this TSB, I would have to say I understand your sentiment. Actually, we issue TSBs routinely for many highly technical and not-so-technical matters involving all of our Toyota, Scion and Lexus products. We also report them to regulatory agencies. Perhaps, I will excerpt a post that tmsusa placed earlier on another enthusiast forum dedicated to Lexus to further expand my position on this . . .

Originally Posted by tmsusa
    Those are good points. Please keep in mind that this effort to be a little more proactive in our nontraditional means of communicating to consumers is new--Never before have we gone to online forums or blogs or other 24/7 internet-based channels to get accurate information out to the public in such a transparent manner.

Yes--It seems to tmsusa that it would be right and proper to disclose such things as Technical Service Information Bulletins; however, some areas within the organization remain sensitive to publicizing technical materials. This material should be readily available via our own corporate websites, IMO. And while it is copyrighted, the documents are available to the public by accessing our Technical Information Service website.

There definitely is value to us and our customers in participating and monitoring discussions on forums like this. You should be aware that tmsusa has been engaged in several other online enthusiast forums, such as Edmunds, FJCruiserCruiserForums, PriusChat and ToyotaNation, has posted relevant information such as Special Service Campaigns--and will be happy to be involved to the extent possible within this forum.

This is not spin control, either. We could hire a PR firm for that if needed. And while it is inappropriate and impractical to address individual issues within this space, I'll do my best to identify you and get the folks in our Lexus CAC to get back in touch with you.

Thanks much for your input.
    I, and I'm sure many other technically inclined owners, would like to see, as part of the ownership experience, zero-cost, on-line access to TSB's at least during the warranty period.

The present cost structure for the Technical Information Service database is ridiculously high and makes it prohibitive for the average owner who would like to check for any issues that might pertain to their vehicles.

Please pass this on to corporate.
  • david_07_xlev6david_07_xlev6 Member Posts: 6
    Although I don't classify myself as "technically inclined" I agree whole-heartedly: make these TSBs easily available to us at no charge.
  • nissanronnissanron Member Posts: 17
    I am happy that Toyota has finally found what is hopefully a solution to the engine RPM spiking on shifts from 3rd to 4th. And with the snap ring issue resolved, that still leaves the hestitation problem and erratic shifting problem while on cruise control.

Toyota is obviously hesitant to admit (in print) that they have a problem and are working on a solution, since the news media could pick up on it as well as all the other car manufacturers to help sell their brands. But, on the other hand stonewalling the problem with owners only makes them angry who end up wanting a lemon law buyback. Angry customers make for lost sales. (The American brands still haven't figured that one out yet. Instead, they keep downsizing as they lose more and more of their customers.)

The hesitation problem is a safety issue that urgently needs to be solved before someone is seriously injured or killed. That could lead to a class action lawsuit, and all the media covering the problem. (Audi lost a lot of sales from all their bad publicity some years back.)

Toyota is to be commended for having a representative on this board who participates. Rather than one individual, TMSUSA is probably a committee of different people(Toyota Motors Support USA). I have no problem with that. I believe that PR money spent on these boards is well spent. Toyota benefits and so do Toyota owners.
    7 MILES!

I think I'd have immediately driven back and told them you are putting a stop on the check and given them 24 hours to repair or show you another vehicle. At the very least I'd want the tranny warranted for 7/100K which is the most you can buy a warranty for.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    Pat,
    Actually, I would wager that TMSUSA is a representative of Toyota Motor Sales USA.

Could be wrong = but not just any representative either.

It's nice to see his participation in the forum, and also see that he is essentially indicating that the subjective anecdotal reports and objective experience submissions (like video evidence) are credible and getting to the proper people in the company to correct these behaviors.

This should put others at ease who are being told that either "everything is normal" or "they all do that". But that is part of the rub. Until the TSB issue, dealers evidently had no yardstick to compare the behaviors and determine that service was required.

Obviously, with the shift flare, that is not normal operation.

Yes, it would be nice to hear TMSUSA address the hesitation and the cruise control behaviors which have been reported.

Like the shift flare, I don't think owners will achieve satisfaction until subsequent TSBs are issued and publicized; until then - and perhaps TMSUSA could comment - how would an owner possibly encourage a responsive dealership or the company to attempt to diagnose and correct these issues?
  • rmartinez1rmartinez1 Member Posts: 12
    It is good to see alpha give some input on this subject. I have been following this discussion since March and have held back on buying a Camry until I feel comfortable with this issue. Ever since I bought my first 95 Camry I have really enjoyed the drive the vehicle. Although thru the years they have kind of lost that Lexus feel to them. I have always respected Alpha's and a couple of other posters who bring sanity to some these discussions. I have printed the TSB to take it to my saleman who has been denying any problems with the new camrys. :shades:
  • exploder750exploder750 Member Posts: 159
    Toyota appears to have piped in bigtime today with information on a repair for the V6 RPM spiking issue. Has anyone experienced this repair with or without success?
  • 07camryse07camryse Member Posts: 25
    It is good to see Toyota has (or at the very least is working towards) a way to fix the 3-4 gear spike problem.

I have not look over the TB very well,, but I have a 500-2k RPM 2-3 gear spike. (happens every day, about 2-3 times a day) Is it possible this new TB might be able to fix this problem as well? Or would it be limited to 3-4 gear spike in particular?
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    "The present cost structure for the Technical Information Service database is ridiculously high and makes it prohibitive for the average owner who would like to check for any issues that might pertain to their vehicles."

Toyota's attitude about supplying technical information to owners or independent service personnel probably isn't unique to that automaker. But, there are exceptions. Hyundai (and its sister division, KIA), merely by reference to policy contrast, not product quality, freely allows viewing and printouts of its TSB archives to any and all comers - whether Hyundai/KIA owners or not. So, there is a precedent that can be argued to Toyota. In fact, both makes also make available most of their individual make and model year shop manuals online for the past decade, too.

(I'll have to admit to a certain perverse satisfaction in the couple of times I've needed to insist on a minor adjustment under a TSB campaign for my '03 Sonata when seeing the look of deflated consternation on the service manager's face after he flatout denied the existence of whatever applicable TSB once I presented him with a printout of it. Life can be sweet, as in the unspoken smirk that screams, "Gotcha, you lying piece of poo-doo!" That look of embarassment is, A> priceless and B>, i>do help keep 'em honest... ;) And, that possibility may be the real reason Toyota is reticent to allow free access to its TSBs.)
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Mr. Penizzle in post #5174 of 5259 (Toyota Camry Problems and Solutions) provided the information below (Jul 31, 2006).

This is legit, but you may find Adobe/Acrobat reader locks up when you try to open the actual TSBs. If you're savvy with computers, you can work around this. Also, our experience (at my workplace) indicates if you try to open too many TSBs at the same time, the site will start asking for a password, stopping you in your tracks.

Actually, i'm not a member. Do this. Go to dogpile.com and type in "AARC auto repair" and click search. There will be a link that says Bedford Public Library in Blue letters. Click on that. Then click the arrc link that is on the next page. This will take you to a screen with model year numbers. Select your [model year] and the select toyota then click camry then click the model you have. On the next screen click on "Service Bulletins and Recalls" scroll down [the various topics (engine, transmission, etc.) that you want to view].
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    You are correct -- Hyundai/Kia are the only companies that provide free access to TSBs, as far as I know. Otherwise, they are prohibitively expensive (except see my above post).
  • guru_gguru_g Member Posts: 62
    An excerpt from Barrons http://www.smartmoney.com/barrons/index.cfm?story=20051019

"GM, which has made big strides in quality, must also further improve its products and boost their resale values. The company still spends close to $600 per vehicle under warranty, versus about $300 at Toyota/Lexus and a low $100 at Honda/Acura. Warranty costs are a product of defects and recalls. These, along with GM's relatively high sales to commercial fleets, which turn over vehicles quickly, depress resale values. A basic Buick LaCrosse or Toyota Camry both sell for around $22,000. But, according to Edmonds.com, taking into account everything from gas to repairs, and most especially predicted resale value, the Camry will set its owner back $34,000 over five years, versus $40,000 for the Buick."

I just ordered a 2007 Camry since I loved the ride comfort in Camry better than the Honda (I loved the Honda's handling). I was not aware of the transmission issues till after I ordered the car. Now I find that Hondas have fewer/less expensive problems than Camrys! sigh!
  • ray_h1ray_h1 Member Posts: 1,134
    "I have printed the TSB to take it to my saleman who has been denying any problems with the new camrys."

Why waste the gas - now that he's got his commission on your purchase, do you honestly believe he really gives a flyin' fig? Here on out during your ownership of your new car, your dealing's with service, not sales - entirely different divisions within a dealership.
    My trips are generally around 50 miles or more at 55 to 75 mph with good flowing traffic. The number of people vary from 1 to 3, and the weather, well it is Southern California, dry and warm. Like I said previously I would get around 27 mpg in my 200,000+ miles Dodge Stratus doing the same driving. When I take my wife's 99 RAV 4 to play golf, with the 2.0L, 140,000 miles, gets 27 mpg with the air conditioner full blast and 4 guys and golf clubs, which is a lot of weight for that vehicle.A friend has a 2006 Camry that gets around 28 to 30 combined with the 4 cyl.
  • comuscomus Member Posts: 24
    I have participated several times in Edmunds, re the transmission issues in the 07 XLE V6. Carmax of Laurel, Md. has been terrific and so has the Toyota Reps. The reps from Carmax have been in touch with me daily, including July 4th, to update me on the progress of the issues concerned. I have had a comparable loaner vehicle for about 8 weeks. I opted for a new 07 XLE rather than the repair. My new XLE has been built and should arrive in about two weeks. Last week the dealer received the new transmission and torque converter (ship dated 6/19/06) for my original XLE. I picked up my repaired original XLE Monday, July 7, 2006. The car has 600 miles on it, approximately 300 this week. I will be using this vehicle until my new 07 XLE arrives. My repaired XLE is running perfect at this time. This car is everything that is expected with the purchase of a new Toyota, plenty of Power, quiet, perfect handling, the Blue Tooth for my cell phone is priceless.
  • ilovecars1ilovecars1 Member Posts: 119
    TMAUSA, as you can see, the owners of toyota camry are quite disappointed with their cars. Even with camry LE 4 cyl, there is less gas mileage, and hesitation problems. Are you guys doing anything for that?
    TMSUSA, as you can see, the owners of toyota camry are quite disappointed with their cars. Even with camry LE 4 cyl, there is less gas mileage, and hesitation problems. Are you guys doing anything for that?
    That's actually not a true statement, ilovecars. The majority of our Camry customers are very satisfied with their new Camrys--6cyl,4cyl,hybrid and older models. That is one of the reasons the car has such a high loyalty factor and remains the top selling car in the U.S.

But clearly, these forums are an excellent arena in which Camry owners & enthusists can come together and exchange information about their likes, dislikes and other issues. This thread is known as "woes", so tmsusa does not enter the discussion without the knowledge that he will encounter a lot of frustration, anger and disappointment. Also, unfortunately, more lack of knowledge about normal operational characteristics.

So,we're spending a lot more time listening (reading) within these discussion threads and probably less time talking than most folks would like. Yes, we are reacting to what we see/hear here, we are investigating technical concerns that are brought to our attention here, and we are looking at individual customer issues and providing direct input to our Toyota Customer Services group for intervention. One good example of just how much has changed in our corporate communications procceses is the issuance of that valve body TSB earlier. A good portion of the origination of the service process specified to correct certain shift spike anomalies came from those here that brought their real world experiences to our attention.

We're far from perfect, and it takes little more than reading these forums to validate that. And that's good. . .It keeps us keenly aware that we cannot afford to merely rest on our historically favorable reputation. We need to kaizen in every aspect of our business to retain a leadership position in this industry and protect the strong customer loyalty we enjoy. Engagement by tmsusa in a "woes" discussion is part of that kaizening.

Thank you for your comments.
    "Also, unfortunately, more lack of knowledge about normal operational characteristics."

As a company rep, this is not a good thing to be saying to angry "major hesitation" customers being told this same thing by dealers.
    Agree. Poorly worded on my part. And certainly not meant to place blame on our customers-or really anyone for that matter.

The fact is our vehicles are technologically complex machines with laser guided cruise controls & transmissions that learn.

We don't do the best we could in educating owners, whether that be at the point of delivery or after the sale. It's keeping up with knowledge management, and we are working very hard to strengthen that for the benefit of our customers,
    TMSUSA, the people who are writing comments here, drove toyota cars or camry's in the past. We all like toyota cars and that is why we bought this 2007 camry. Now we choose the camry for its reliability and gas mileage, specially when the gas price is very high. If people are angry because they are getting 24 or in some cases 22 miles per gallon in highway. Also, the hesitation problem can lead to accidents we will not be out fault. Now these people drove cars before. So they know how cars behave. If we do not know certain operations, Toyota should teach us on that.

I just want to bring this to your attention that if there is any problem with gas mileage or the hesitation, please do a research on that and fix that in the camrys as you did for the rpm spike.
  • funpilotfunpilot Member Posts: 66
    As one of the first 2004 Prius owners, I along with the others identified several issues that we posted on other sites that within months were addressed in recalls by Toyota. Just keep posting here and in other forums. They seem to monitor them.
  • gbabalukgbabaluk Member Posts: 70
    Hi ray;
    Nissan/Infiniti provides all of it's TSB for FREE on the Interent! I also owns a G35 as well as our new SE V6 Camry.
    I have no major problems other than the Camry is not even close to the responsiveness of the G35. The Camry's V6 has more horsepower and a little less torque but Toyota's "drive by wire" needs some work. I'll probably look to after market "software upgrades" for the TCU ot hopefully Toyota will provide a software upgarde for the throttle response if more owners complain.
    IT's alright BUT they should have "tweeked" the SE model to make it more sports like.
    Agree. Poorly worded on my part. And certainly not meant to place blame on our customers-or really anyone for that matter.

The fact is our vehicles are technologically complex machines with laser guided cruise controls & transmissions that learn.

We don't do the best we could in educating owners, whether that be at the point of delivery or after the sale. It's keeping up with knowledge management, and we are working very hard to strengthen that for the benefit of our customers.
    "We don't do the best we could in educating owners, whether that be at the point of delivery or after the sale. It's keeping up with knowledge management, and we are working very hard to strengthen that for the benefit of our customers"

A politically astute way of saying what you said previously.

Perhaps what Toyota has on your hands is an overcomplicated design that wasn't adequately tested before being released to the masses.
    Also, unfortunately, more lack of knowledge about normal operational characteristics.

I'm really angry, because this is the prevalent attitude that all of us with REAL (yes, the word is real!) problems get before Toyota admits to a problem, and then we get excuses.

A good portion of owners posting on THIS forum are extremely knowledgeable about automotive systems and operations, and those who may not be are expressing frustration with problems they KNOW are not "normal".

We don't do the best we could in educating owners, whether that be at the point of delivery or after the sale.

I'm tired of seeing this from Toyota - this comment has been used more than once, about the 4-cyl hesitation issue, the 5AT transmission/cruise control shift issues, and the 6AT flare issue. Every time it is used as an excuse to say that the owner doesn't understand the operation of the "new" systems. In actuality, there are operational issues, which should never be described as "normal". Some of these issues have been addressed; hopefully, the rest will be addressed in the near future.
  • gartmacdgartmacd Member Posts: 27
    I just want to add my thanks and profound respect for your presence in discussions about problems some are having with their Toyotas. Don't be discouraged or dissuaded by some negative reactions to your input. I don't believe this is representative of the majority of those of us who are interested but not participative onlookers. I know of no other automaker doing the same thing, at least on these kinds of forums, and it takes guts and bags of integrity to do so.
    We have a brand new Avalon and are on a trip to the east coast with it. When opportunity presents, we have been documenting our experiences with this new vehicle in the Avalon forum. So far no problems at all, so not everybody is upset with Toyota these days!! It sometimes seems as though some folks with problems tend to insist that everyone else should have them too!!
  • jetjockgjetjockg Member Posts: 80
    tmsusa -- I have two comments about your poorly worded reply. My 2007 Camry LE 4cyl. Hesitates and downshifts when not needed.If everything is OK according to Toyota why doesn't tmsusa acknowledge it and tell it's customers how to deal with it. The second comment is--if your transmission learns, how does it know when I an aggressive driver is driving or my wife, a slow poky driver is driving? Does it set the transmission somewhere in the middle? Your 800-331 4331 people will not talk to me any more after telling me nothing. So much for customer relations. Haven't you learned that to admit a problem sooner is better than later?
  • faldocfaldoc Member Posts: 84
    Don't worry about the problems you see here: they do not represent the majority of cars. If there is a problem they will help.

I can't speak for everyone, but as an owner of a problem car I can say Toyota took great care of me and had consideration for my time.

Just yesterday I got a full refund on my 07 Camry XLE, which had 2 transmissions replaced. I used the refund to buy a Camry Hybrid. Toyota made the process relatively painless and kept me informed along the way, and they always kept their promises regarding contacting me.
  • master1master1 Member Posts: 340
    They did not test the car enough. Toyota headquarters just hired a huge amount of new engineers since their quality for many cars is decreasing. Also, this was a brand new engine syle. Previously, Toyota would keep on using the same engines, same chassis, and just keep improving them. That was Toyotas technique. But now they designed a whole new engine, and did not test it thoroughly.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    One of the very first ;)
  • eddiecruzeddiecruz Member Posts: 18
    I also own a 2007 Camry SE V6 and have the same drifting problem. I took it to the dealer and was told that they test drove it and could not find any problems. It seems to only happen on uneven pavement and is slight but really annoying. Amongst other things I'm taking it in on Saturday to get my left armrest replaced (peeling of the leather), rear hatch squeaking, steering squeaking, A pillar plastic cover for airbag (just fell off one day :confuse: ). I have to say that this car only has 1,200 miles on it. I always thought that Toyota was a better quality car than Chevy’s or Fords but this really makes me wonder. :cry: