Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Sunroof Problems

i_luv_my_rodeoi_luv_my_rodeo Member Posts: 5
edited May 2014 in Isuzu
I just recently got a 95 Isuzu Rodeo, with a sunroof. The sunroof lining from the cover that slides back and forth is hanging down...and I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best and easiest way to fix that. Is there a way that I can pull that piece out? or do I have to take out the whole thing? (It is a factory sunroof...)

Comments

• atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    hi, at the risk of appearing to have nothing better to do than answer questions, I have a 94 with the big sunroof (moonroof) and I used a spray contact cement to re-fasten the outer surface of the material back on to the underlayment. I recall that it was a 3M spray can (adhesive)from an auto supply store. I just sprayed it from 1 edge or side between the hatch itself and the headliner, with the supplied nozzle and tried to get both sides and then carefully used my hands to press them togheter, smoothing wrinkles as I went. It turned out good, and 1 year later, still as good as when I did it.
    I just got the front loose and then applied the adhesive and then worked my way from back to front pressing them together. Probably the best way would be to remove the entire panel and reapply the adhesive, I just did not want to go to that much trouble, but this method did fine for me. Hope it helps you make up your mind.
  • i_luv_my_rodeoi_luv_my_rodeo Member Posts: 5
    Thank you so very much for your reply. I have already gone and bought something called "Cement Contact" or it might be "Contact Cement". On other projects, it was a really good product...I just needed to know if anyone had actually tried it yet.

Just in case...Do you know how I would go about removing the panel? I was thinking that if I let the sunroof back, the sunroof would go back and the panel would pull forward and out of the track?

Thanks again.
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Member Posts: 414
    Sorry, I don't know about removing the panel, but I would guess that the headliner would have to be lowered or removed to get access to it. I have a trooper with the big sunroof, so I did not want to mess with it any more than I had to. Good luck....
  • chawlachawla Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys,
    I have an acura integra gsr. I observed that when I open my the sunroof, the car seems to be running smoother, especially at higher speeds. Has somebody else felt this too or am I smoking crack?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Try the Acura Integra - (All years/styles) discussion - this one lives under Isuzu and Acura owners likely won't find it.

The Acura Integra GSR - Customizing & Modifying discussion may be of interest too.

Steve, Host
  • sugarraysugarray Member Posts: 1
    Motor with about 125,000 on it has lifter noise at startup and alittle after warmup. Dealer wants 2000 plus to cure it. Help.
  • jffeubanksjffeubanks Member Posts: 1
    I have a 94 trooper SE w/ a moonroof. It used to open but not close. Now it wont do either. I checked the 30amp fuse it's good. Q: how does the head liner come off and where are the relays, under the hood? Is it true that there are cables that inter-act with the motor to open and close the sun/moonroof? And if so is it a common problem? I now also have a problem with the drivers back window it will not go down from the drivers main controls but the window does work from its own switch. any input is welcome, thanks
    :surprise:
    p.s. I like this 4x4 its very comfortable to operate

Jeff
  • azhusker1967azhusker1967 Member Posts: 1
    I am 99% sure your problem with the sunroof is a loose solder connection in the control unit under the headliner above rear seat. A mechanic told me this is a common problem on these and I removed my headliner (not easy but doable) and a solder connection was loose on the circuit panel. I resoldered and it was a fix!! This takes a good amount of time and patience but will fix it. Do a search on the Isuzu sunroof problems and you will see a good amount of similar problems but no fix....this is the fix.
This discussion has been closed.