Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    gurpreeta,

Can you share what dealer gave you the quote?
  • alanwoodardalanwoodard Member Posts: 2
    I just tried buying a vehicle thru Fleetrates.com. What a fiasco. Michael G. lied to me about the price, availability and options. In other words, aboout everything that matters. He wanted $29.00 to join "the club." No problem, when I thought I was saving $2,000.00 over the local dealer.

Then he wanted a $500.00 deposit. Then $1,000.00. Then the price went up several times. Then, when push came to shove, the car that was supposedly in stock didn't even exist.

Buyer beware.
  • alanwoodardalanwoodard Member Posts: 2
    I just tried buying a vehicle thru Fleetrates.com. What a fiasco. Michael G. lied to me about the price, availability and options. In other words, aboout everything that matters. He wanted $29.00 to join "the club." No problem, when I thought I was saving $2,000.00 over the local dealer.

Then he wanted a $500.00 deposit. Then $1,000.00. Then the price went up several times. Then, when push came to shove, the car that was supposedly in stock didn't even exist.

Buyer beware.
  • ninasninas Member Posts: 7
    I am getting a quote of $32,800 + tax, tags (dest included) for a new 2007 ES 350 Granite (grey) with black interior

This is what is included:
    Premium Package
    Rear Lip Spoiler
    Full Size Spare Tire
    Rear Side Airbags
    Preferred Accessory Package

Is this a good price?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks!
  • 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    NO!
    You ask for that price OUT THE DOOR!
    The Spoiler is an option so if they try to push it as such it should be a throw-in but the price is OTD!
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    No that is not a good price. I think the full size tire and rear airbags are standard items on a Lexus now because so many customers wanted it. The $32,800 should INCLUDE the tax, title, tags just like 4barbara said! The spoiler is only worth about $199 (that is what the dealer paid for it IF even that much!) and the preferred accessory package is the cargo net, trunk mat, and wheel locks. The dealer's invoice price for that is around $116. - big deal!

I don't know if this will help you or not but the dealer invoice for that car was around $30,400 (which includes HIS destination charge) according to the Consumer Reports, BUT they also get dealers incentives which are usually around $700...so subtract: $30,400 - $700 and the bottom price for them is: $29700. PLUS they get other discounts like ordering XXX number of cars etc. If you pay $32,800 TOTAL they are still making money!!

Good luck. Tell us what happens.
  • johngreisjohngreis Member Posts: 70
    Full size spare and rear seat airbags are NOT standard on 2007 or 2008's. At least not in the Northeast and with the premium package.
    You are right they may not be standard. In that case rear seat airbags (dealer invoice)$200, and full size spare (dealer invoice) $164.
    I received an offer from a dealership in the Northeast: Is this a good price? Is $33,300 incl Dest + TT a good deal?

2008 ES 350
    Includes:
    Premium Package
    Rear Seat Air Bags
    Bluetooth
    Accesories package
    Spare full size tire
  • 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    Not too bad. Get him for another grand at least.
    Work it
  • django44django44 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2008 Ultra Luxury yesterday at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria, VA for $41,105 + tax and title. This is about $4,600 under the MSRP for that car and includes:

- Ultra Luxury package
    - Mark Levinson / Navigation
    - E-Sport Wheels
    - XM Radio
    - Parking Assist
    - Premium Accessory Package (Cargo Mat and net + Wheel locks)

I had also priced the same car at Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA but they we're asking $4100 more on the OTD price (I didn't even bother to bargain with them).
  • aravind99aravind99 Member Posts: 15
    Can someone please suggest me the best price to start the negotiation.

Also Please suggest me the good dealer in NJ area.

The invoice price is $29676 and Destination is $745.
    Thanks,
  • koppsuzkoppsuz Member Posts: 13
    That is an outstanding price. Are we talking about a 2008 ES 350, I paid $32500 + tax and tags for an 2007 premium package. No destination at Lexus of Towson in Baltimore, Maryland. Not certain of dealerships in NJ but sounds like a good start (29676)
    No, I am talking about 2007 ES 350. Can someone write their buying experience. Thanks
    That might be the dealer invoice price, but dealers are given incentives so they may have already received a discount from Lexus for this car. Consumer reports suggest starting negotiations at the invoice price. I would offer $32,000 as an out the door price (this would include everything - tax, title, license, registration, destination charges etc.) and that might even be a generous offer. You might want to even start lower (like $30,500) to give yourself a little room to go up. They are ready to get rid of the 2007's. Good luck. Tell us what happens.
    Thanks so much for information.
    I don't find 2007 ES 350 base model cars in NJ area. I have checked with lot of dealers. Most of the cars are equipped with either Premium or Premium Plus packages like the following:

The following options are priced at $3958 in lexus.com website.
    What do you think the best Out the door price by including the following options?

Premium Package includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Lexus Memory System to control power
    driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Remote keyless entry-linked memory
    - Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse

Additional Options:
    - High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps and Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting

System (AFS)
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Bluetooth® Audio
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Trunk mat
    - Wheel locks
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    Look at the invoice. I make a point to never go above the invoice. I remember the dealer offering it for $39K because he didn't have my color in nav. Pick a number that is insane and let them, get back to you. These cars stay on the lot longer than other and the dealer might do a better deal to get it off the lot.
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    I paid $31K+TTL. I sent in another member here to the dealer back for the similar quote but they didn't match it. The best she did was $32K.
  • shaliloglushaliloglu Member Posts: 36
    MSRP is 39,271 on the vehicle.
    They also have one with premium pkg for 37,200 MSRP.

How much should I offer on these vehicles.? I am reading that people getting about 5K discount right now.

Are the dealers starting to deal. There is only one in my town.
    Thanks for any info you can provide....
    Is this the same car that the invoice was $29,000 something?

I can tell you what consumer reports says the dealer invoice price is for those options:
    Premium Pkg: $1098
    trunk mat 41
    wheel locks 40
    bluetooth audio 240
    rear airbags 200
    heated seat 512
    wood int 264
    full spare 164

Total $2559

I still think $32000 is a good OTD price.

oops - forgot the headlights: $652

New Total $3211
    I may be wrong but dealer base price is $29772 (that is without their destination charge)

Premium Pkg $1098 (that's the dealers price)
    Premium Plus $2058 ( " )

Start dealing at their price. They usually have already received incentives from Lexus for things like ordering XXX amount of cars etc... which brings down their cost below invoice. They can always counter offer. The 2008's are on their lots...they don't want those 2007's. That is just my opinion. Good luck - tell us what happens.
    Yes, The dealer base price is $29676. This does not include destination charge.

I am trying to find 2007 ES 350 in NJ area. I have contacted couple of dealers. Some dealer's are having 2007's with navigation.

Invoice $29676
    Destination $765
    Premium Plus $2058
    Tax, title, registration $2700 (NJ tax)
    Total $35000 (Approx)
    What could be the best out the door price by considering the above ? I am talking about 2007 ES 350.
    Thanks,
    Aravind - I have just bought a 2008 Lexus ES 350 with Premium Package, Bluetooth audio, Spare Tire, Accessories package, etc.. for $33,300 + TT. I rather pay 2K more and get a 2008 model because 2007 models are already depreciated by sitting on the lot for over a year! I called about 10 dealerships and this is the best price offered to me (the same price by 3 dealerships). I cannot give sales peoples names - if you want to email me, I will give you my sales lady's name - she is good and will work with you. Nina Patel.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Nina-In which state did you buy the car from?
    Nina - what is your email id? Thanks
    Her email on this forum is ninas@carspace.com
    my email is nhj119@aol.com
    oops sorry....should have minded my own business
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    No... that's okay.. It is a good point..

Every forum member has an e-mail account..

membername@CarSpace.com

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks,
    Nina - Can you please check your email?

Aravind
    Aravind - I have not received any emails from you as of 8pm Monday, Oct. 15th. Pls send again. Thanks! Nina

Sorry bout the other email- I didn't know we had a carspace email on this website!
    Nina -
    Can you check your carspace mailbox?

When you login the forum, you can see Mailbox right next to "Settings" and "Logout" buttons.

Thanks, Aravind
  • dietwaterdietwater Member Posts: 1
    MSRP is 42122, I got an offer of $38000 +TTL. Is this a good deal or not?

The package includes:
    Premium plus
    premium audio w/navigation
    parking assist
    HID
    bluetooth audio
    etc.
  • z1roadsterz1roadster Member Posts: 6
    dietwater,

I'm sure you can do much better, I got all the above options you have listed with the all weather mats + rear lip spoiler for $37,500 + TTL. This was in southern CA on Sept. 04 so I'm expecting you to do a little better than what I got given the time frame.
  • stevemc2stevemc2 Member Posts: 4
    Will be buying a Lexus in near future and was wondering where was the best place to get the best deal in the DC area. Any input appreciated.
  • cfs1cfs1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know when the December to Remember promotion typically begins? I'm trying to decide whether it is worth waiting for. Also, does it usually include pricing and interest rate reductions for purchases or only lease specials? Any info is appreciated!
  • seejay72seejay72 Member Posts: 1
    I actually think that is a very good price for MSRP. I am looking for the exact same car in New Orleans, LA and the dealer won't go below 40K + TTL. Where is your dealer? If anyone knows of a better deal for this car in the southeast region please let me know.
  • django44django44 Member Posts: 2
    Steve, see my message in #1044 regarding the deal I got at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria. I also shopped at Pohanka in Chantilly but they weren't willing to deal, I did not try the dealers in Silver Spring or Rockville so I can't say anything about them. Do your homework at Kelly's Blue Book and have a good idea of what the MSRP and invoice costs are when you go in and also be sure to let them know you know what prices are. I don't think you should pay any more then 90% of MSRP + TTL.
  • dfw_buyerdfw_buyer Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if the Encore program for Lexus also applies if you had a previous lease with Toyota? If so how much is the discount? Thanks.
  • neodocneodoc Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2008 ES with premium plus and Navi at Warnock Lexus in NJ. MSRP $41912 -- purchase price 37386 + 105 doc fee. A very nice experience overall with the entire negotiation conducted by email. I drove it to the midwest where most dealers wanted close to 40K for a very similar package.
  • huskies1huskies1 Member Posts: 5
    Seems like there are a ton of 2007's out there right now for sale that are buybacks with new transmissions. I haven't seen much in the way of forum discussion on whether or not people have had success with these cars. I'm thinking about purchasing one: UltraLuxury Package with 5K miles for about $34K. Is it worth the risk of buying and saving about $8K off a 2008? I think I can get the 2008 for $42K.

Any feedback from anyone with experience would be great!!!
  • furnclubfurnclub Member Posts: 3
    A local dealer quoted me $33998 + fee for 2008 ES350 premium package, is that a good price?
  • fastcavettefastcavette Member Posts: 9
    Where are you finding the buybacks being sold? If the discount is deep enough, I'd consider it.
  • epinliepinli Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased for the following options:

Lexus ES350 MSRP Invoice

Base 4 door 33720 29899
    Premium Plus Package 2480 2058
    Navigation 2650 2230
    rear Side Airbages 250 200
    Full Size Spare 205 164
    Prefer Accessary Package 197 117
    Parking Assist 500 400
    Power Rear Sunshade 210 168
    Wood Steering Wheel 330 264
    Adaptive Headlights 815 652
    Destination Charge 765 765

Total 42122 36917

For $37475 + IL Tax $2627 + County Tax $15 + Documentary 58.48 + License Transfer $80

Out of the Door Total : $40255.48
    Congratulations. I think you got a great deal!
    No, BAD DEAL - I got mine 2008 Premium package (bluetooth, etc..) no HID or heated seats for $33,300 at lexus of bridgewater, nj.
  • furnclubfurnclub Member Posts: 3
    yes... I think so too but it is the best internet deal I can get around here - San Jose, CA. They claimed that if I can get a written document or email quote which is cheaper, they will beat that price. So is there anyone able to share his/her quote?
    Did you get the navigation system on your car?
  • huskies1huskies1 Member Posts: 5
    I found a place in Minneapolis who does mainly higher end used vehicles. He said he's bought and sold about 60 of these buyback vehicles this year and hasn't had any issues. But what else would he say. I would like to see if anyone has actually purchased any buybacks. He said that the warranty is still valid, so if there ever was an issue Lexus would still take care of it. In terms of resale value, how does a new transmission harm the value?

Just as a comparison the exact same car brand new 2008 I can get for $42K. The 2007 (with 5K miles) I can get for $35000. Is $7K worth the risk? Or is there even a risk since it's still under warranty.
  • fastcavettefastcavette Member Posts: 9
    I think you can get a brand new Ultra Luxury packaged ES350 for $39,xxx, according to what other forum members have gotten. So, I would consider a buyback only if it is significantly lower than that - i.e., $30,000 with not more than 5,000 miles. If you can do that, then it would be worth it (at $10k off), 'cause I bet the new trannys are trouble-free. Otherwise, I would not touch the buybacks; it's not worth the risk.