Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fusionacidfusionacid Member Posts: 11
    2008 ES 350 Premium Package, Rear Air Bags, Heated vent seats, full size spare tire, bluetooth, wood/leather steering wheel, preferred accessory package. Southern California.

Quoted: $33,700 w/ destination only. not including tax,dmv,doc fees

I think this is pretty high. I should be easily able to shave off another $700 to make it $33,000 in my opinion. Especially when sales are failling...

I know someone was able to get the same car in san rafael, ca for $31,500 because of dealer year end sales.

What do you guys think? Should I push for $31,500 or 32,000?
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    Here's a copy of the bottom of an ES350 invoice:

18186 VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT DATE: 10/08/07
    DCV920 TIME: 08:26
    Model Number: 9000A SERIAL # :82161842 Check Code: 7

Model Description: ES350 4-DR SEDAN Category ..........: G
    Year ............: 2008 Current Dealer ....:
    Vehicle Base Model ....................: Base MSRP$ 33720.00 $ 28888.00

Total Accessories ...........................: $11876.00 $ 9380.00 $11876.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 765.00 $ 765.00
    TDA .........................................: $ 422.00
    Dealer Holdback .............................: $ 674.00
    Whsl. Financial Reserve .....................: $ 337.00

--------- ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 40466.00 $ 46361.00

As you can see, there is a Dealer Holdback which is 2% of the base MSRP, and another 1% called Wholesale Financial Reserve. The TDA is roughly 1.25% and that will very by region, state, and type of vehicle.

Hope this helps.
  • charlieliucharlieliu Member Posts: 80
    Your info is great. Thanks a lot for sharing it.
    According to Edmunds the dealer invoice for this car would be 33,300+. Is that possible the get 1000 under invoice? keep me posted.
    Thanks for the info. I've been talking to Prestige, Bridgewater, Edison, Momonth and Lawrenceville. So far, the best I got is invoice price. But their invoice seems 400 more than Edmunds not including hold-backs. If including hold-back, their price would be over 1000 more than their cost. Should push more, say 300 under Edmunds's invoice price? That price would leave dealer with about 350 profit. I know they, NJ dealers, have to make some profit. But how much? Any ideas?
  • barbar2barbar2 Member Posts: 2
    I was just at a dealership in Rochester Ny. The exact same vehicle with your options was previously quoted to me at $34,500 the Rochester Dealer said the absolute lowest they would go is $33695.00.(just the car no registration or tax or title) This was 2 days ago. I thought that was a pretty good deal and didn't even question asking lower. Now I am curious to hear how you made out. I am amazed someone else got it for 31500 since that would be like dealer invoice plus destination with out any options. Let me know if you got them any lower.
  • barbar2barbar2 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had to pay for a Lexus dealer prep fee. We were all set on numbers on a 2008 ES 350 and the sales person mentioned a prep fee of $99.00 extra which included full tank of gas and wash wax and detail. Not sure if this is common or just a way of making extra money..Any info .????
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Never heard of such a thing.
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Sounds like garbage to me! I thought getting a clean car with a full tank of gas was a standard practice. I would not pay for it.
    Bought the car today. Paid under $34K plus tax, title and registration. Has options: PM, HL, HH, WU, DC, BE, FS and Z1. This board is a great help. Got a lot of information here. The deal went very smoothly. Will pick up the car next week. Pretty happy so far.
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Member Posts: 21
    Hi, what were the numbers that you got? do you have the money factor also?
    33,8. No MF.
  • demetriuskdemetriusk Member Posts: 12
    Can you please let me know the contact person at Marin Lexus that you dealt with. I am in the market for a similar car. Thanks, my email:
    demetrius1934@yahoo.com
  • vpsinghvpsingh Member Posts: 1
    I went to a dealer in the bay area and wanted a very basic LS350. I was told that they all come with the accessories package in the west coast and I don't have an option in the western states (like one without a Navi etc.) Is it true? I am getting all the features this dealer is offering in Accura TL for $5000 less. Any comments?
  • chrisjohchrisjoh Member Posts: 1
    I have been quoted price of 39.5 for ES350 w/ BE-FS-Hl-HN-NV-PA-PT-WU. Then was told that invisishield, window tinting and pin striping bring price to 40.5. Is this good? Is invisishield recommended?
  • skywalker3333skywalker3333 Member Posts: 7
    For an ES350 with Premium Plus and Nav - MSRP 42025 - I am offered at $37,436.

Lease MF is .00185 - residual 47% on 48 mos. or 54% on 36 mos.

Is this a good offer - and is 36 or 48 months best?

Thanks for any help/advice....
  • lawhamptons1lawhamptons1 Member Posts: 1
    It is better by a thousand dollars than I was quoted last week by a Long Island dealer. The lease factor is lower than I was quoted. Good luck
    The lease factor is set by Lexus - not the dealer. This is the Presidents Day Special rate - good till 2/29....

I think you should be able to get it for Tier 1 credit
  • cytigercytiger Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 2008 ES350 yesterday, no NAV, and with the following options,
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Bluetooth
    - Full size Spare
    - Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
    - Premium Package (Leather, Memory Seat, Outside Mirror and Power Tilt Steering Wheel)
    - Wood and Leather Steering Wheel
    - Cargo Net
    - Trunk Mat
    - Wheel Locks

Sale price: $32,300 (Invoice is $33,800)
    With a 8.25% tax and other fees, the OTD is $35,420

I am pretty sure with some more negotiating, I could have get the sale price down to $32,000. But I think the salesman deserves the sale for making it a quick and hassle free purchase. In contacting the dealer for a quote, I stated that straight forward pricing and time were of great value to me. To my satisfaction, it took all of 2 email exchanges, a 1 minute phone conversation and 1.5 hour at the dealership for me to drive away with the car.

This forum has great information and greatly helps me in doing the homework needed for my purchase.

Thank you all, and hopefully my post is useful to some.

Cheers!
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Invisible shield or clear bra is not recommended but is your choice. I have it on mine and has protected the hood from few scratches from stone chips.
  • freddidadfreddidad Member Posts: 6
    Skywalker3333,
    Is $37,436 the dealer's invoice price? Would you mind sharing the dealer's name? Thanks.
    Cytiger:
    Would you share the name of the dealer with us. If you prefer you can email me at demetrius1934@yahoo.com.I live in the Bay area.
    Thank you
    Freddidad: I am picking up my car tonight. The dealer is Lexus of Edison on route 1. It's just south of Old Post Road. They're pretty new - less than 1 year I think. But it is a very large dealership with lots of cars in stock.

Getting that price took considerable negotiation - but they are anxious to sell. The MF of .00185 (Tier 1) is only guaranteed until 2/29 - then they will announce new lease terms.

Good Luck - let me know how you make out!
  • cytigercytiger Member Posts: 2
    Putnam Lexus.
    Cytiger:
    Thank you very much for the info. Plan to purchase around 3-18-08 a similar car with the exact similar options.Will post my experience on this site.
  • nmb333nmb333 Member Posts: 8
    I just purchased an Almond ES350 with Nav and Premium Package with Parking Assist. MSRP = $42235 for $36000 + TTL. This was the best deal that I found and had two dealers offer it. Lexus of Newport Beach and Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. Hope that this helps someone.
    Skywalker3333,

You should have your car by now and I hope it exceeds your expectations. Best of luck with it. Prestige in Ramsey is offering to sell Premium Plus cars in stock for $37,500 this week, but they want $39,500 for an ordered car. Since none of the 40 Premium Plus cars in stock are my color, I'm in a bit of a quandary. Regards.
  • blackjack3blackjack3 Member Posts: 11
    My experience at Prestige has been very good. Perhaps you could get an in stock car repainted for less than $2,000.
  • rburbu Member Posts: 2
    [Plagiarizing cytiger's post - same dealership, similar package, similar deal - rbu]

Just got a 2008 ES350 today, no NAV, and with the following options from Putnam Lexus in the Bay Area,
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Bluetooth
    - Full size Spare
    - Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
    - Premium Package (Leather, Memory Seat, Outside Mirror and Power Tilt Steering Wheel)
    - Trunk Mat
    - Wheel Locks

MSRP: $37,306, Invoice: $33,052
    Out-the-door price paid: $35,500 (rounded), which included 8.25% sales tax and other fees (license, registration, tire disposal, etc.)

The process was quite quick. I followed the fightingchance.com "fax attack" approach. It helped that we were close to the end of the month. This dealer came back with a good OTD price quote and they had the color I wanted. Another closer one had a slightly higher price which I would have taken if they had had the color I wanted. A couple of short (less than 5 minutes each) conversations by phone to confirm the colors, we went down the dealership, test drove a couple of models, signed the papers and had the car in about 1.5 hours. No dickering over the options, price, etc. at all - a great buying experience!

This forum has great information and greatly helped me in doing the homework needed for my purchase.

Thank you all, and hopefully my post is useful to some.
    Hi Skywalker3333,
    Congratulations on your new Lexus! I just pulled the trigger at Prestige in Ramsey, NJ. Since today is the last day of the month, they offered me a premium plus in their inventory (MSRP: $41,925) for $36,500 which I accepted. Prestige is the closest dealer and price is very good. I'll probably pick it up next Saturday. Thanks for your info and offer to help. Regards,
    Freddidad
  • refeekhrefeekh Member Posts: 2
    I bought mine last night. premium pkg, on the road 35500 from fremont lexus.

they offer me some free deals too.
  • newguy05newguy05 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, looking to buy a new es350 next week. I am thinking about using firstagain.com to obtain the auto loan first, then it will just be a cash deal at the dealer.

But i dont want to miss any low apr incentives offered my lexus. So my question is are there currently any lexus low apr financing incentives? If so what's the rate?

Also if i just want to be the base model, does that already include leather seating?

Thank you for your help.
    Freddidad:

Glad to hear you were able to do a deal at your dealer. Good luck with your new car - sounds like you did well. I was going to introduce you to my dealer - but don't really know how we can get in touch through this forum.

My ES350 has been great so far. The Nav and the bluetooth are really enjoyable. I'm not thrilled with the audio - it sounds a bit tinny - but not bad.

My Lexus had a MSRP of $42,025 - wonder what the difference was?

Take care and stay in touch!

Skywalker3333
    Hi New Guy:

I got my ES350 last week - and I leased. Not sure that approaching the dealer with a cash deal is going to help. They make money on your financing so might offer a better price if they think you'll finance with them. Then you can compare your bank with their offer and take what's best.... Just a suggestion - Good Luck!
  • ged3584ged3584 Member Posts: 27
    Yesterday, I went o Fremont Lexus first, they would do 35.5K on 2wd, but not on 4wd, made a call to Putnam, they took the offer over the phone and locate the car with color I wanted.
    It is a base AWD model with following options
    Premium plus package
    18" 5spoke alloy wheels and tires,
    heated seats with rain-sensing wipers and headlight washer
    Towing Prep package :)
    MSRP 42.945.

I took the finance 4.75% for 60 month.
    Hi Skywalker3333,

The difference in the MSRPs of our cars ($100) is due to a price increase from Lexus. My car was apparently sitting on the lot for a while which probably helped induce the dealer to offer the car at a low price. I'll check the build date when I pick it up next Saturday. Our equipment is identical. I'll keep an ear open for the sound quality as you're not the first to have commented on it. I believe some members share e-mail addresses to keep in touch off the board. Regards,

Freddidad
    Hi Freddidad:

Thanks for that info. I would like to stay in touch via e-mail but they will not let you post personal info such as e-mail address here. How could I get mine to you - or yours to me...?

Best,

Skywalker3333
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,105
    All members have a CarSpace.com e-mail address... It is always:
    membername@CarSpace.com

The accounts don't accept outside e-mail, so they work like private messaging.. But, you can send e-mail from your CarSpace account to other CarSpace accounts...

Just click on MyCarSpace in the upper left corner of the page.. then look in the upper right of that page to access your mailbox.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• refeekhrefeekh Member Posts: 2
    lexus comes with premium and premium plus pkg. premium has heated leather seats, blue tooth, moon roof etc.. prem. plus have navigation.

not sure about fina. details. when i checked with fremont dealer it was 7.99.
  • ldubb1ldubb1 Member Posts: 4
    HELLO I'M NEW TO THE SITE. WHO'S OFFERING THE BEST PRICE ON THE ES IN THE CHICAGO AREA? WOULD LIKE PREM PLUS, NAVI,AND HID. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
  • mano5mano5 Member Posts: 1
    i am shopping too
    they don't like to give the price over internet but i guess you can get for invoice on slightly over , i looking for best deal too , if you will find something let me know :).
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Since you're a newbie, you might get more responses if you take your keyboard OFF OF CAPS - YOU APPEAR TO BE YELLING AT EVERYONE.
    Z
  • newguy05newguy05 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know a good dealer around the PA or NJ / NYC area? I finally figured out the package details lexus use (man why they make it so confusing!). Here's the package i want, MSRP is 38405. Any idea what' a good price?

Premium Package with Additional Options $3,820.00
    Premium Package includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior -Lexus Memory System to control power
    driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Remote keyless entry-linked memory
    - Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse
    Additional Options:
    - High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID)
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Audio Bluetooth® technology
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
  • hoo320hoo320 Member Posts: 46
    Hi, Citytiger,

That is a very good deal. Which dealer did you go? If you can provide some info, I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Please see message 1314(Putnam Lexus)
  • hoo320hoo320 Member Posts: 46
    thanX a lot
  • kilkil Member Posts: 1
    Would appreciate input regarding upcoming purchase. I did a Lexus Build for a Premium Plus w/Options. MSRP of 42,534. Using CR and Fighting Chance pricing I came up with a 37,012 invoice price. I found about 5,500.00 built into the pricing. I was offered 3,500 under invoice 38,735 at a dealership in a neighboring state. (Oregon)

(Note: For those who did the math the difference in pricing mostly comes from the Rear Spoiler being listed on the webpage from Lexus but does not come on any models actually delivered to this area causing a slight difference. Not really worried about a 100 either way but 1,000 either way I do care about)

Awaiting offers from two local dealers when I found this site and noticed a few purchases in the San Francisco area that were closer to invoice. Was curious if any Washington buyers were able to secure a better deal locally and secondly, did someone in the Bay area actually get this package close to invoice or even maybe at a 1,000 over?

I have nothing against a flight down and a road-trip back if it's worth my while so any feedback would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kil
    I am facing with the same dilema.I live in UT and the Lexus dealer here will not budge.From reading the posts here , I found better offers from dealers in the Bay Area . Have not purchased yet but try Fremont Lexus and Putnam Lexus both in the Bay Area.Realize that you would have to license and pay the 8.25% tax in CA.
    I was told by many dealers in CA that you have to license the vehicle there and pay the tax.Your state will not charge additional tax when you register the vehicle in your state.I hope this helps in calculating your purchase price. I will post whenever i purchase the vehicle.
  • rburbu Member Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention - sale price had been $32,250 on invoice of $33,052 and MSRP of $37,306. Tax (8.25%), title, and license took it to $35,500 out the door.
  • beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    Yup - same question here. I am looking for th same car in the same area. Seems the business is doing pretty bad so hoping to find a good deal.