Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• car1822car1822 Member Posts: 3
    I just brought the 2008 FWD RX350 in San Diego with:

Navigation System, Premium Plus Pkg & Mark Levinson Radio System
    Wheels, Liquid Graphite 7-Spoke Aluminum Alloy
    Heated Front seats and Rain-Sensing
    Towing Prep Pkg
    Wheel Locks
    Cargo Mat

MSRP $45961, INVOICE $40687, PAID $38000

I think the deal is ok.
  • bi_daobi_dao Member Posts: 1
    I am too facing the same problem. I lived in Houston and the dealer around here would not budge at all. I found a deal with Putnam dealer in the San Francisco area for $36K + TTL on a new 2008 lexus ES 350 with Navi and Premium package with a MSRP $42,235. Thanks to the post on this forum because I would never able to get the deal since it is $1500 under invoice. Even with $950 extra shipping to ship my car from SF to Houston, I am still saving thousand of dollar compare to the deal that I got in Houston.

One quick correction on the statement: "Realize that you would have to license and pay the 8.25% tax in CA. I was told by many dealers in CA that you have to license the vehicle there and pay the tax.", I do not have to pay the CA sale tax. Once the car shipped to me, I will have to do all of the registration and pay the sale tax at where I lived. I hope that my experience will help some one in the market for the ES350.

I am now awaiting for my car to ship to me and will recommend Putnam Lexus dealer to everyone. Please email me for the name of the sale person that I dealt with.
  • dc_buyer2dc_buyer2 Member Posts: 5
    ok, I'm getting ready to buy a 2008 ES350 with the Premium package. I can see that the invoice is $29,987 and the premium is another $1,098 = $31085 invoice.

Two questions:
    1) I can see the some people have gotten just under invoice, just a bit over, etc... and I've read about the dealer kickbacks...but what should I be able to get this car for?

2) Anyone have good success with a good deal with a dealer in florida (near fort lauderdale)?

Thanks!
  • rjt_65rjt_65 Member Posts: 7
    Hi guys. .. looking at a lexus ES 350 fully loaded with Ultra-Luxury package, Mark Levinsson SSound with Lexus Nav package, MSRP $44,925.... current offer will be around 40K (I intend to try for more off).

Will buy it so expect to get market rates on financing~4.89% or so..

thanks for any input all! :confuse:
  • demetriuskdemetriusk Member Posts: 12
    I purchased the following vehicle from Putnam Lexus , Redwood City, CA on
    3-17-08 based on discussions on this board:Here is the info.
    Option MSRP Invoice

ES350 $33720 29987
    Rear Air bag 250 200
    Bluetooth 300 240
    Full size spare 205 164
    Heated front seats 640 512
    Premium Package
    (leather trim etc) 1280 1098
    Wood/leather steering 330 264
    Accessory package 197 160
    Delivery 750 750

Total 37687 33390
    (MSRP shown is from window sticker and Invoice from Edmunds)
    Amount paid : $32300 ( $1090 under invoice) plus Tax, license, fees, total
    OTD; $35332 (8.25% tax, vehicle license in CA)
    Color: Ruby Red Metallic: Dealer ordered the car from Southern CA
    and had it ready for us. Drove it from CA to UT (870 miles) , 30mpg, as
    measured from pump (not trip computer).Avg. speed 75mph plus bay area traffic.
    My previous posting regarding the CA sales tax is correct unless the vehicle is
    shiped on a truck out of state. In other words the vehicle cannot be driven out of the dealership not licensed or pay the tax .The trade off for me was the cost of shipment to UT vs, the diference in sales tax between CA and UT.
    The sales experience was excellent and I was impressed that they trucked the vehicle from southern CA. The vehicle had 15 miles on the odometer.
    I would definetely recommend this dealer, straight talk, no hassling.
  • demetriuskdemetriusk Member Posts: 12
    Forgot to mention: for any out of state CA shipment , in additon to the other documents, the state registering the vehicle may require an MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin). This has to be ordered from the dealer from Lexus and it takes a couple weeks to get it.
  • mhrdymhrdy Member Posts: 3
    I am going to buy an ES350 with premium plus package and nav. Wanted to know what others have paid in the Atlanta area. Any help with this would be appreciated.
  • dscubadscuba Member Posts: 6
    try D.C. (Internet Sales) at Hennessy Gwinnett, if he is still there. After alot of research, I bought mine last year from him eventhough they weren't the closest. Good luck and you will love the ES.
  • charliern9charliern9 Member Posts: 22
    Hello, I am ready to lease an ES and was interested in learning the sales person dscuba is referring to from Hennessy Gwinnett. I have a deal with Nalley Lexus which includes the prem. plus pkg. and they want 35,629. I spoke with a salesperson at a dealership by the airport and he staes he can sell the car for 34, 271. So of course now I'm wondering if the 34K is the best deal can expect. Would appreciate any advice or feedback. Thank you!
  • beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks demetriusk - very good info.

Anyone in NY/NJ/CT getting numbers like his?

(From his post:)
    3-17-08
    Option MSRP Invoice

ES350 $33720 29987
    Rear Air bag 250 200
    Bluetooth 300 240
    Full size spare 205 164
    Heated front seats 640 512
    Premium Package
    (leather trim etc) 1280 1098
    Wood/leather steering 330 264
    Accessory package 197 160
    Delivery 750 750

Amount paid : $32300 ( $1090 under invoice) plus Tax, license, fees, total
    OTD; $35332 (8.25% tax, vehicle license in CA)
  • shangydshangyd Member Posts: 25
    I am looking for a Lexus 2008 ES350 with following basic configurations:
    - Premium Package
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Audio Bluetooth® technology
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags

I can see in this forum that people in CA can get price 1000 under invoice or close to that. What kind deal can we get in New England area? Any input are welcome. Thanks.
  • mhrdymhrdy Member Posts: 3
    I wanted to let you know that we just purchased the ES with prem plus pkg with nav MSRP was $42,235, we purchased it for $37,519, which is the same as the dealer invoice price. After using the fighting chance technique and calling all of the area Lexus dealerships around Atlanta, the sales manager, BH, at Nalley Lexus in Alpharetta by far gave us the best deal this weekend. Monday is the last day of the month so they are trying to sell as many as possible. Good luck and we love our new ES http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/townhall/webxicons/- emotorcons/emo_smiley.gif
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Congrats on your new car!!! It is a good deal @ $507 above invoice.
    Thanks for the information on your ES purchase in the Atlanta area. I just leased my second ES today (the first ES that was traded today was an 06) and was very pleased with the deal I settled on. I got the prem. plus pkg., no nav. for a walk out price of $34,275; the MSRP was $39,385. My 36 month lease with no money down is $500.38 /month (thanks to the Lexus loyalty reward of 1K). I stayed with Nalley in Smyrna and worked with the same wonderful internet director, HG, that I worked with on my first ES in 06. I absolutely love the newly redesigned ES and man does it fly! To quote my ex, "it drives as smooth as butter" and I agree. For awhile I entertained the thought of getting an Avalon but after driving this baby, no way Toyota.
  • shangydshangyd Member Posts: 25
    Any new incentive and rebate for April? Thanks.
  • mattlemattle Member Posts: 4
    Hello bidao, Please send me the dealer name ,thanks
  • colslickcolslick Member Posts: 29
    Congrats charliern9, great deal. I,m looking for same deal on ES350 for 36/15K but don't have loyality cash so wanted to get the figures straight in my head. When you said walk out price did that include dealer fees,acq fee, taxes etc, or was that just the final negotiated price of the car including cap cost reduction of 1K loyality money (35,725 -1,000 = 34,275) and then add on fees/taxes etc, meaning I would be looking for deal around 35,725 to match yours. Thanks for your input in this forum, it has helped me much, hope to be driving one of these "buttermobiles " within the next few weeks.
  • gleen6191gleen6191 Member Posts: 80
    Fred,

Can you list the options that you selected as I cannot back into your price. I am about to stop by at Prestige this week to do battle.

Thanks!

G
    what does TDA stand for and mean please?
    thanks!
  • ocautoseekerocautoseeker Member Posts: 425
    TDA = Toyota Dealers's Association (Advertising)

It's a regional advertising fee that dealer's are billed (on the invoice) from the factory. It's a legit fee and is a non-profit item. It is NOT refunded to the dealer at a later date, like holdback and wholesale financial reserve.

It basically pays for the commercials you see on TV or hear on the radio... "Stop by your local Southern California Toyota Dealership ... Take advantage of special low financing on all new 2008 Highlanders at your greater Chicago area Toyota dealership ... Special lease and finance offers on all new Lexus ES 350's through April 30, stop by your Southern California Lexus dealer today for details... you get the idea?
    yep. thanks.
    Hey there, I should have been clearer on that walk out price (sorry). The 34,275 was before taxes, dealer fees, etc. The final price was right about 37,000 (don't have the exact figures in front of me but that's pretty close). I can't get over how much improved the 08's are from the 06. I just realy, really love this "buttermobile". I know you will too, good luck!!!
    I am down to the accord for $1000 below or an ES 350 which I have yet to haggle....

How much below invoice did you get your for please!!!!
    offered a ES 350 with prem and a few extras for $500 below invoice. Can I do better folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bingzongbingzong Member Posts: 2
    where did you get the deal? Do you mind sharing the info? Thanks.
    Its the one in Northern NJ on Route 17 N in Ramsey. Ask for Andy! it was actually $800 below!
  • beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    what options and what was the price they gave you? thanks for the info.
    did not get that far but he assured me its the edmunds price - 800
  • snarkussnarkus Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking to buy an 08 ES 350 with premium plus package. Has anyone had any experience with dealers in the Denver area? What did you get and how willing were they to deal? All help is appreciated.
  • first_lessonfirst_lesson Member Posts: 8
    Looking for some recent out the door prices in the Raleigh/Durham area...Thanks!
  • colotjcolotj Member Posts: 18
    I went into Stevinson of Frederick yesterday to look at the ES 350 and the IS 250 AWD. Drove the IS 250. Great dealer, very nice showroom but I don't want to pay for all that showroom.

Salesmen basically said the money factor was around 3%. W/O really negotiating anything salesmen said about $2000 down and $600/mo for a 36 month 36K lease on an IS250 AWD w/ a msrp around $40-42. After reading here It looks like I/we can do much better than that.

Other than that I dealt w/ Jeff F. and he was great. It's a very nice dealership. No pretensious attitude like I recieved from Infinity on S. Havanna.
  • congheocongheo Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and could somebody post what type of deal he/she has received in the houston area?..

thanks
    Ok, I just got a call from Kuni Lexus in Denver. Here is what they offered for:

2008 ES350

Premium Package
    (leather trim etc)
    +
    Rear Air bag
    Bluetooth
    Full size spare 205 164
    Heated front seats
    Wood/leather steering Accessory package
    Delivery

MSRP 37800 Inv. 33354

They offered at 34397. It's silver with gray, but really would like the red. They said they checked withing 500 miles, but no red.
    So what do you think, is it reasonable? I know they are going for less in CA, but don't want to go there to get it. Any advice?
    Not more than $500 above invoice and order the one you want "Ruby Red w/Cashmere leather", awesome combination. Good luck!!!
  • slasher242slasher242 Member Posts: 1
    Check with McGrath Lexus. tom O'Conner is who i dealt with. Easy to work with and tookk 3k off the top without even being face to face!

picking up a new ES350 Pebble Beach Edition Friday
  • milymmilym Member Posts: 4
    I am planing to buy a Lexus ES350 2008
    here are my questions:
    1) does Lexus usually have the "end of summer sale" to get rid of the 2008 model?
    I know Audi and Volvo had it last year. but people say that Lexus never has it. is it true? or should I wait for the sale? how much they can cut down from invoice?

2) I talked to a couple of dealers, here is the situation. when I told them that how much the invoice of the car they have it is from edmunds, they argued that they have many other accessaries that I can not find from the options at edmunds?
    are these just some tricks? how do I deal with it?
    3) From the news it says now the car market is like house market--it is buyer's market. what is the reasonable price for this 2008 ES 350 in D.C.-MD-VA area?
    any help would be highly appricated.
    one more question:
    what is "walk out price"? does it include everything like tag, registration and tax?
    thanks again
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Yes exactly. It included tags, tax, all fees etc....EVERYTHING you pay should be included.
  • patakapataka Member Posts: 4
    I will buy ES 350 with Premium and Navigation. The best I have been offered is 34500+TTL for this car. What do you guys think? Does any one have any pricing suggestions in this part of the country? TIA :)
  • tango19tango19 Member Posts: 4
    I couldn't find a black/black with UL at any area dealerships as it's very popular here. Maybe I didn't get the best price, but I'm happy considering they have to locate the car. I was able to get the car for $39,500 which includes all dealer costs and location fees. State taxes and license extra.

I'm waiting to see if they can beat my credit union interest rate of 4.49% for 72 months.
  • bkcrocker1bkcrocker1 Member Posts: 1
    I am glad I could help. Thanks Chris.
    I got a price from Stevinson of Lakewood for ES 350 with:
    Premium Plus + additional option

Their offer $35629 + usual fees
    MSRP $39385

What do you think, decent deal? Haven't started bargaining yet.
  • hedonisthedonist Member Posts: 3
    Hi there

I think you are getting a very good price for a New ES350 with Nav. I would really appreciate if you could send me the details of the dealer/Salesperson.

I am also looking for a similar one in the Houston area.

Thanks
    A
  • congheocongheo Member Posts: 2
    Pataka,

Is this for a 2008 model..if it is then I think it a good deal. Could you tell me what dealership and who did you deal with?

Thanks
    Don't get me wrong but $3,000 below invoice is never heard of for a Lexus without factory incentive, ES350 has $1,000 cash incentive for current ES350 owners. I don't think you can buy ES350 w/PP and NAV for that price but if can pull it off than please post the details so that others also can have this once in a lifetime deal.
  • volodosvolodos Member Posts: 7
    I am negotiating with a dealer for 2008 es350 used one (mileage is from 2500 to 7000). The dealer offered me 32500. I countoffered 31800.

What do you think the reasonable price is?

The car is optioned with

Premium+ (PT) Package: (includes)

6-Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission w/ Intelligence (ECT-i) & Destination Charge.

(PT) Leather Trim, Key Fob-Activated Driver's Seat, Steering Wheel, and Outside Mirror Memory, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats w/Power Cushion Extenders, Rain Sensing Wipers, 17" Alloy Wheels
    (DC) Bluetooth Audio/In-Dash 6-CD Auto Changer

(WU) Wood & Leather Steering Wheel

(HN) Power Rear Sunshade

(BE) Rear Seat Side Airbags
    (FS) Full Size Spare

(Z1) Preferred Accessory Pkge. (Cargo Net, Wheel Locks, Luggage Mat)
  • colslickcolslick Member Posts: 29
    pataka, if you are indicating the options are 1) lexus premium audio w/navigation (NV) and 2) premium package (PM) and nothing else that is a good price-$420 over the invoice of $34,080. But ther are many other dealer fees above TTL.
  • dw8534dw8534 Member Posts: 5
    1) they had it last summer at the end of July, one week after my wife got her ES350 from Rockville Lexus. Honestly I donot like that car, it is dangerous driving it on I270, esp. on high spped merge. :lemon:

2) Donot care about invoice price, started with best price you can find here, tell them that is the price you get from another dealer. Also becareful on document fee, usually is $100 but some places like Pohanka changes $399,

3) yes new car market is down but dealers have to make money, they try to make more profit from each car they sell.
    we are going to pick up our new Lexus ES350 tommorrow.
    what should I check the car before I sign the paper work:
    1) scratch
    2) paint
    3) milage: what is the reasonable number on the milage meter for a new car? 5mile, 10 mile,....what should we do if it is more than that?
    thanks a lot.
  • patakapataka Member Posts: 4
    I am sorry to talk about something I was mislead by the dealer on. They revised their quote to 37,866 + TTL for navigation and premium plus package. He says this is 1.5% over invoice. The dealer is sewell lexus of dallas.