Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• malibu0212malibu0212 Member Posts: 16
    Is $33150 the out-of-the-door price? If yes, that is a great one.
  • sxylxysxylxy Member Posts: 29
    Hi there,

I leased the same exact car here in California in Black Sapphire for $70 more per month. It looks like most of the difference is the $1,000 from LFS (+$28/mo..they wouldn't give it to us unless we were ES to ES. We own an RX.), the .00080 MF (I got 0.00115. +$22/mo) and our sales tax is higher (+$10/mo). Enjoy your beautiful red ES!
  • houston_cmhouston_cm Member Posts: 1
    As a service to others researching prices, here's what we paid for a 2008 Lexus ES350 from Sterling McCall Lexus in Houston on June 6, 2008:

PT Premium Plus pkg
    NV Navigation/Bluetooth/Backup Camera
    WU Wood/Leather Steering Wheel
    HL HID Headlamps
    PA Park Assist
    HN Power Rear Sunshade
    BE Rear Seat Side Airbags
    FS Full Size Spare Tire
    Z1 Preferred Acc. Pkg (Whl Locks,Cargo net, Trunk Mat)

MSRP 42,235
    Internet Price quote received 39,675
    Price we paid 37,700 (not incl TTL)
    Driveout 40,319

From what we've seen, most of the 350s appear to be configured with certain options and packages. It's difficult to find one with only the options that you want.

I did review Edmunds TMV (seemed high) and Consumer Reports but I'm not sure what invoice is anymore. I ended up starting with the CR bottom line price and dealing from there.

Hope this helps in your research.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I am also in Houston. I am looking at the ES also. I stopped at Sterling a couple weeks ago. Do they still have the tax credits on the ES. I have not purchased yet. What is the monthly payment and the money factor they gave you. I also noticed that all of the ES comes with the same options except either you get Nav or you don't. If you want you can e-mail me at whawkins4@gmail.com
  • tango19tango19 Member Posts: 4
    Actually there are other options on the ES. The upgraded Mark Levinson audio system and the Ultra Luxury package are 2 notable examples.

I was set to buy the ES with premium package and Nav. Then I calculated that the UL package (with ML audio) would only cost me about $40 more per month (buying, not leasing) so I went for it.

I'm very glad I did as these options made the ES a completely different luxury experience. You get much softer upgraded leather, powered rear window shade (great in hot weather) much nicer wheels, parking assist, 2 sun roofs which really brighten the interior on nice spring/summer days, ML audio, Nav, and probably other things I don't recall. The glass roof and upgraded wheels really stand out (in a good way) from a standard ES.

Definitely drive a UL equipped ES before making up your mind.
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    tango 19-
    I think you got a great deal! Last year (August 07) when I was looking to buy I could not get any of the Houston dealerships to deal. They would not budge so I bought from North Park in Plano. When I went back and told them what deal I was getting from North Park one of them told me I should take it....no counter offer, nothing. So I did. :)
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Houston dealers are tough to deal with. They will let u walk away if you don't like the deal they put before you. A few months ago I was considering leasing a IS 250, and when I showed the sales guy what others were paying, he said if u want a deal like that, u should go and buy it from that dealer. With 4 dealerships in the Houston area, they should be willing to deal, but I guess not. If you've noticed lately, all u see driving on the freeways in Houston are new Lexus and Mercedes Benz. The price of oil is driving the economy here and it has put the luxury car buyers in a tough situation, especially if u are looking for a good deal. Dealers are like " if u don't buy it at our price, someone else will". I guess that is why I still have not purchased yet.
  • sunsonshaan07sunsonshaan07 Member Posts: 36
    The Specs on this car are:

2007 Lexus ES 350
    Dark Blue (Blue Black mix if you will) Exterior/Tan Interior
    9100 miles driven
    Premium Plus Package w/. Rear Spoiler
    Bluetooth, Heated and Ventilated Memory Front Seats
    Aftermarket Tinted Windows (I specifically wanted this in the deal)
    No iPod Adapter
    Balance of Factory Warranty

Asking Price: $33900
    My Offer: $31600

$64k to all you Lexus afficionados out there: Deal or no deal? :confuse:

Thanks for your input in advance. :shades:

Sunil
    Adding to the description, it also has the power rear sunshade. The iPod kit is an additional $425!
  • roadrunnercjroadrunnercj Member Posts: 4
    Actually I think I might have been able to slightly better but my wife got impatient and too excited. I had a second dealer offer to match the price at the 23 hour. They were stuck on offering 2K for the trade but up it to 3K pretty quickly when we were thinking of walking.

In the end ...she is happy so I am happy. Ironically I have not driven it yet :)
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    $33,900 is close to Invoice for new 2008 (w/special APR financing), they are crazy to ask the same price for used car with 9,100 miles. It has to be less than $30,000 but check on KBB for used car pricing.
    Thank you, Praz. KBB shows $33295 for the vehicle loaded the same as I have described. I have offered $31600 and they are tinting the windows all around.

To me this sounds reasonable but still the insight from all of you is very valuable to me. Thank you all in advance.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    It will be better if you check local listings for the same car or wait a couple of months so that when the 2009 model roll out you might get a good deal on left over/loaner 2007 models, my 2 cents.
  • hedonisthedonist Member Posts: 3
    Hi there

Last month I bought a 2008 ES350 in Houston for $32725 plus TTL

It was a Lexus Dealer Loaner with 4000 miles on it, Silver Exterior and Gray Interior.

It had the Premium Plus Package which included:

- Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Driver's seat power cushion extender
    - Electrochromic outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse
    - Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
    - Audio Bluetooth® technology
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Power rear sunshade
    - Preferred accessory package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)
    - Tinted Windows with Transparent Edge on the hood.

It is give you some comparison. I think I did OK for Houston market but then there is always someone doing better. No Trade in....I sold my old one myself using Craigslist.

Cheers
    H
    Thanks for your valuable insight. Consequently, I turned down the deal here in Plano telling him what kind of deals were being made in the Texas region as a whole as well as elsewhere. (Your deal was not the only one that convinced me to pursue this approach :-) ).

I spelled out my requirements firmly for the dealership in hopes that I may get something more reasonable in the near future.

Cheers!
    I am in Houston too - has been looking for a ES for a while, but only went to Clear Lake Lexus since it is the closest. I found all the dealers (I've been to at least 6) here are tought to deal, not only lexus.

Looks like I may have to go to DFW to buy - their economy is not as good as here.
    In Apr and May 2008, nationally. I'd think the dealers would be more willing to deal - but obviously not quite in Houston.

A friend paid 39000 OTD last Nov - that's the kind of people dealers are looking for. And they can find enough in the past, but still need to see that's the case next.
  • mshapmshap Member Posts: 2
    shopping for an ES350 as we r returning infinitiM35x-also great car. Deal Rallye started with is 36m/15k List w nav lexpremium audio premium plus package is $42025 discounted to 37,351 with $724 down payment is $586 with 1300 down its $570/mo at 3k down its $517/mo This is out of LI NY. Your thouhts would be appreciated -many thanx-Mshap
  • gavrikgavrik Member Posts: 51
    We are going on Wednesday to lease new '08 ES350. I am interested in ES350 w/ Premium and Accessories package with MSRP of $38,209.

Can someone tell what reasonable numbers (Negotiated price, residual, money factor) I should expect to receive while at Lexus? I am here in Lake County, IL, my credit score is above 800. I spoke with the dealer who I leased my current car from and they say I will not be paying more than what I pay now ($500 w/ tax). However, w/o any supporting numbers this amount is useless.

Also, as I a current ES owner, I qualify for $1000 cash incentive. I also received $500 cash incentive from Lexus. I wonder if I can combine both.

Your help will be appreciated.
  • beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    About the lease questions - I just got an email from Lexus:

2008 es350
    $399/month 36 months $3499 at signing -
    fine print:
    Offer ends 7/7/08. On approved credit. Excludes official fees, taxes, and dealer charges. No security deposit required. *Available on approved credit to qualified customers through Lexus Financial Services and participating Lexus dealers on new 2008 ES 350. Offer based on MSRP $37,770 including delivery, processing & handling. Monthly payment may vary depending on final price of vehicle & your qualifications. See dealer for lease program details. Offer not available outside of the Eastern Region. Must take delivery by 7/7/08. Vehicle shown with optional equipment 2008 Lexus.
    I am curious if the iPod Kit (iPod is controlled through your wheel and head unit controls) and tinted windows (not solar tinted but after market tinted) are being offered inclusive with your deal. Please advise.
  • mshapmshap Member Posts: 2
    no they are not. I thought of asking for the ipod but my wife looked at me like I had six heads.She, of course, does not need it! Venus and Mars. Do u have any thoughts on the deal. It seems pretty good to me.
  • lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    If you find any good price in DFW, can you let us know? I was at the Lexus Clear Lake the end of last year and was wanting to buy the ES 2008 but man they won't lower the price at all!

In 2000 I was trying to buy the Acura CL 3.2 (what I have now). I ended up buying it in DFW too.

Thanks!
    Well my deal in the works at Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX is:

2008 Lexus ES 350 (Balance of Factory Warranty)
    Exterior: Black Obsidian
    Interior: Tan/Ivory
    Mileage on the car: 4390
    Package: Premium Plus (Memory Seats for both in Front, Power Rear Sunshade, Heated and Ventilated Seats, Sunroof, etc)
    iPod Kit
    Aftermaret window tints (35% on Front, 20% or darker on the back)

Price (prior to TT&L) = 32700

OTD = a little more than $34k

Hope this helps!
    I may end up buying an Acura TL at Houston - one said 28k+ for a base model. That sounds a good price.

The Lexus dealers here are spoiled.
  • johnymackjohnymack Member Posts: 18
    Please e-mail me and I will give you the name of the Sales guy I went through at Sewell Dallas, he may give you a much better deal than that. It’s always good to have at least two dealers to deal with to get the price down.

I absolutely LOVE this car. I now have 12k miles and have not had to go back to the dealer for any problems.

Bought on 07-28-2007

I paid $34,500.00 for my ES 350 at Sewell Lexus Dallas. The only thing it did not have is Navigation, High Intensity Headlamps, Mark Levinson Audio, Park Assist, Panoramic Sun Roof and Chrome Wheels.

Sewell wanted $1,700 for Chrome wheels; I got the same wheels for $750 shipped to my door from L.A. Wheel and Tire.

My experience with Sewell was absolutely wonderful; I did all my negotiating by e-mail with both Park Place Lexus Grapevine and Sewell Lexus of Dallas. Park Place also offered me the same price of $34,500.00 but did not include Window tint, Hand painted pin stripes and All weather floor mats. Park Place did include the plastic stone chip hood protector though, Sewell did not.

E-mail me if you want the sales managers name, he was fantastic, it only took one hour to sign all paper work and purchase the car. My interest rate with Lexus was 5.99%.

Things I don’t like about the car so far: Engineer who designed interior lights should be fired (Cannot see a thing, very dim), driver side Ventilated front seat works better than passenger side, ceiling is a little low, not much head room (I am only 5’-10”). Other than that I love the car, my previous car was a 2000 E320 Mercedes.

Package I – “Premium” - $38,157
    - Premium leather trim interior with real wood accents
    - Heated and Ventilated front seats
    - Driver memory: Seat, Steering Wheel, Outside Mirrors
    - Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
    - Bluetooth Compatibility
    - 6 Disc, Single feed in dash CD player in the console
    - Rain-sensing Wipers
    - Driver Seat Extender
    - Carpet Cargo Mat
    - Wheel Locks
    - Power Rear Sun Shade
    - Body Side Moldings
    - Smart Key

They also threw in the following:
    - Window Tint
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Hand Painted Pin Stripes
    - All Weather Floor Mats

Total list price of car was $39,100.00……….I only paid $34,500.00.

Sale Price - $34,500.00
    Sales Tax - $2,156.25
    Dealer's Inv. Tax - $80.07
    Documentary Fee - $50.00
    Deputy Fee - $5.00
    License, Trans, Title - $103.80
    Inspection - $23.75
    Sub-Total - $36,918.87

Good Luck, John
    E-mail – jm_proe@yahoo.com

P.S. I followed this web-sight in buying a car and it absolutely works: How to save money buying a new car in 5 quick steps.
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/buyingnewcar.htm
    The key is to get an internet quote from the Dealer through Kelly Blue book or Nada.com, this will cut out the middle man (the salesman) and you will save by not paying commission to the salesman. Internet price will always be far less than walking through the door and getting a price.
  • beezer86beezer86 Member Posts: 13
    I sold my TL (current model) to get the ES350. My wife and I both hated it, too stiff, noisy, maybe good for a 20 something kid. They are dumping the TL's as the new design comes out this fall.
  • lvingmylexuslvingmylexus Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up my LEXUS from LEXUS OF EDISON. The sales person that helped me out sits all the way to the right when you go in to the dealership. To make it more simple, he is asian kid without glasses. I bought mine at very good price and he told me any referrel would get the same either on lease and purchase. Please make sure you tell him J J sent you from New Brunswick~~~ :) I hope this info helps for people in tristate area. good luck guys
  • jjjday1jjjday1 Member Posts: 5
    We are about to buy a 2008 Golden Almond ES with Premium Plus Package (Navigation, rear camera, parking assist, etc). Dealer said $500 over invoice (37,435 +$500) plus $600 to have Sirius added and $125 to tint windows. Good Deal????
    Sewell emailed me a good deal. I e-mailed them through their website or through Lexus website (don't remember) and they responded quickly. Try them.
  • autodudeautodude Member Posts: 8
    Hi,
    I'm shopping for a 2008 Lexus ES350. I was wondering if you can let me know your point of contact (with phone #) with the 4 SoCal dealers who will sell $1k below invoice. You can email me at cal00friend@yahoo.com. Thank you!
  • autodudeautodude Member Posts: 8
    Correction: my email address is cali00friend@yahoo.com (sorry for the typo). If you could, please let me know who the salesperson/manager is that can offer the $1,000 below invoice. I'm interested in buying a Lexus ES350 too. Thank you.
  • jbradford3jbradford3 Member Posts: 3
    Quote from Dallas.

$41,000 out the door for ES350 w/factory loaded Premium Pluse Package. Is this a good deal in DFW? :)
    I may be missing something that you are getting that I am not, but I THINK I am paying 37,935 for the same car and was offered even a tiny bit lower from Sewell in Dallas. I just want to tell you this just in case.
    Just bought a silver Acura TL base for $30600 OTD (06-28). The price+destination is $28560, the rest is TTL + misc.

It is stiff, but not much noisy to me. The dring is OK - a bit sporty, not as smooth as I thought.

B4 I went to the Champion's, I called Clear Lake Lexus for a quote of 2008 Lexus ES350. I mentioned that people getting around 34k OTD, the salesman said it is impossible for them to offer the price... Just don't understand the Houston Lexus dealers, looks they are not affected by the national sale slump, so no discounting.
  • bchoibchoi Member Posts: 3
    Purchased the vehicle at Lexus of Stevens Creek in Northern California on 6/21/2008.

2008 Lexus ES350 ($34120/$30253)
    Color: Tungsten Pearl /w Black interior
    Mileage on car: 5 miles
    Options (list/invoice based on edmunds):
    BE ($250/$200) Rear Seat Side Airbags
    HH ($640/$512) Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
    NV ($2650/$2230) Navigation System /w Voice Activated DVD Nav + Rear Camera + Bluetooth
    PM ($1280/$1098) Premium package
    WU ($330/$264) Wood & Leather Sterring Wheel
    Z1 ($210/$168 assuming 80%) Preferred Accessory Package (Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, & Wheel Locks)

List price total: $40,245
    Price (including destination charge but excluding TT&L) = $34,458
    OTD = $37,657

Hope this helps...
    I don't know why the Houston dealerships won't deal! They cannot be immune to what is going on in the rest of the country! When I bought my 2007 in August I was told if I could that good deal of a deal somewhere else I should take it. I don't know if they think the customers are bluffing but if I owned those dealerships I would rather sell for little less and move those cars out. I bet their bottom line profits would be more and they would also get another discount from Lexus for selling more! I don't live in Houston (I live in College Station) and I bought from North Park in Dallas. I haven't anything about the Austin dealership in a while. Are they making any better deals than the Houston dealerships?
    bchoi-

That is a great deal! I bought the same package and paid $37000 before TT&L and that was a good deal. I hope you enjoy your car. I am spoiled by how well it drives. I had to drive another vehicle not long ago and it felt like I was driving a truck compared to how my Lexus drives :)
  • lsupinoylsupinoy Member Posts: 5
    What is a good price to negotiate for a 2008 es 350 with 900 miles, nav and prem plus package? Im looking to purchase and they are advertising for 39,700. It was a trade in after 7 months. Also its not the color im dying for but will settle for.
    I just bought mine for 37, 900 brand new--color I chose with features you mentioned. You can get a new one cheaper.... We bought in Lubbock Texas.
  • es350mdes350md Member Posts: 3
    Why you want to get an used one at such high price? I got mine brand new with same packages @ 36800+TTL
  • lsupinoylsupinoy Member Posts: 5
    What was the msrp price on your car? Im wondering what the lowest price I can negotiate for this for having 800 miles. Any suggestions?
  • sprung75sprung75 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone for all the great information. It allowed me to feel I got a decent price in Dallas. I got an ES 350 with the premium plus package for drive out of $37,000 (the car was around $34,500). I followed the advice and got several internet quotes and went with the dealer I felt comfortable with. The whole process took about one afternoon.
    Did you purchase with Nav or without nav? What about the HID lighting and rear and front parking sensors?
  • karter14karter14 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone got any feedback on prices they paid in Tennessee or Northern Georpia? Looking to buy within the week. Feedback would be appreciated. Looking for ES 350 w/Premium plus pkg, HID headlamps, wood steering wheel, blue tooth audio, rear seat airbags, power sunshade, full size spare, and preferred accessory pkg.
  • sprung75sprung75 Member Posts: 3
    We bought the Premium Plus Package which did not include the Nav or HID Lighting. From the Lexus web site.

Premium Plus Package Includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Driver's seat power cushion extender
    - Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's
    seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Electrochromic outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse
    - Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

Additional Options:
    - Audio Bluetooth® technology
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Power rear sunshade
    Not bad! I got a deal going at Sewell Lexus for $37800 +TTL. This include Premium Plus Package (just as you have it described), Nav w/. Lexus Premium Audio, Intuitive Park Assist Sensor System, AFS HID Lighting and Tinted (aftermarket) windows. The only thing remaining is how much he'll give me on my trade in ('03 Honda Odyssey Minivan w/. 34.5k miles). With any measure of success, the deal can be done tonight.
    Not bad! I got a deal going at Sewell Lexus for $37800 +TTL (Brand New No Mileage). This include Premium Plus Package (just as you have it described), Nav w/. Lexus Premium Audio, Intuitive Park Assist Sensor System, AFS HID Lighting and Tinted (aftermarket) windows. The only thing remaining is how much he'll give me on my trade in ('03 Honda Odyssey Minivan w/. 34.5k miles). With any measure of success, the deal can be done tonight.

And by the way, I've already checked the pricing and found his offer to be exactly equal to the invoice on the car.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    With the 2009's right around the corner, are people find that they can get this car for invoice? We are looking at the premium plus with Nav trim level. The dealer said they were willing to deal but we did not get into any numbers yet. (DC area)
  • es350mdes350md Member Posts: 3
    That package has MSRP ~$42025. You can get it under invoice <$37000 (plus TTL of course). Email me if you need my dealer info at Lexus of Rockville