Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• qkslvrqkslvr Member Posts: 34
    The buy rate is supposedly .00065, but I paid .00125 MF (they were asking .00165) on 7/28 with a full 0% tax incentive in Houston. I could not confirm the new MF released on 7/25 by the time of my purchase. Looks like they are trying to charge you 1.25%, or $500 for the priviledge of using their trade in credits, plus another 1% in additional finance profit. Sounds like you have some more negotiating room if you can buy closer to the end of the month.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    I have a ruby red and few people have asked the color at gas station/car wash and few have commented "nice color". I observe people staring at the car and I think it is not becasue of badge/car but color. I am not sure how matador red will look on ES.
  • timehunttimehunt Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I am looking for a deal on a 2008 ES 350. I live in the Nashville, TN area. Has anyone got information to share about dealers and/or best deals in this area? Thanks!
  • kraikrai Member Posts: 16
    Could you please state the packages that you purchased and the codes would be very helpful.
  • vanksvanks Member Posts: 2
    I recently brought the base with the premium plus package for 34500 in Houston. I know i could ahve gotten it down by another 800 but the dealers does'nt seem to budge that easily.

I saw an other person saying in this thread that he bought it for the same price and hence thought thats the price they would go down for.
    Hello:

I have been in the market to buy an ES 350 with Lexus Premium Navigation, Premium Plus Package, HD Lamps, Parking Assist, Wood and Leather Steering Wheel, Rear Seat side Airbags, Full Size Spare tire, Pref Accessory Package.

The quote that I have got so far is 38200 + 2282 Tax + 182 Tags & License. OTD = 40672. The other two quotes are in the same range. I tried to negotiate 39K OTD but they are not budging.

Is it the Philly market?? On this forum I have noticed OTD deals of 38K in the Virginia Area and 39K in the California Area.

Any inputs would be helful.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I am in houston also. What dealership did you purchase at?
  • osteoman2osteoman2 Member Posts: 26
    Same car here in Texas offered at 38,185. Almost exactly the same.
    Is 38,185 the OTD price?
  • vanksvanks Member Posts: 2
    its 34500 +ttl total to 37000...at Sterling McCall Lexus on 59.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Member Posts: 168
    If you're serious about the car, I would contact Rockville Lexus and the Lexus dealer in Arlington/Alexandria in Va. They can both beat that by alot. It might be worth the trip down 95 if they have the color, etc. that you want.
    I don't have the codes but we bought the ES350 with the Premium Plus and Nav (without the upgrade stereo) and all that comes with those packages. We did not get the rear sunshade as part of the standard set-up, but everything else came with it, including the rear airbags, spare tire, etc.. It is white with tan leather.
    I am totally serious about buying it. Rockville Lexus and the Lexus dealer in Arlington/Alexandria is hardly 2 hrs drive so very doable. What are the next steps to make it happen.
    I would call or email them to make sure they have what you want. For us, we did a test drive at Rockville an then I did the email thing after the test drive. We also bought the consumer reports info that helped out alot. For comparisons, we got the premium plus with Nav (no stereo upgrade) for 36600 plus TTL. You may or may not do better than that with Labor Day coming up. From my experience, the other dealers did not even come close to the 2 I listed from a price standpoint.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I will give them a shot this Labor Day weekend. I am going to try to push for 33,000 + TTL.

Wish me luck!!!!!
    Thank you for your quick response. I shall write on the Forum with the latest developments.
  • gujjumangujjuman Member Posts: 1
    Hi all...thanks for all the posts with regard to the experiences. I'm in the SE and looking for an ES350 with premium package only (not premium plus) it seems most everyone has posted experiences with the premium plus or other packages and not just the premium package.

Any ideas on the invoice for this car? I'm getting prices of $33000 to 34,500 without any negotiation...thanks for your thougths...
    I paid $33,400 w/XM, clear mats, touch paint and window tint for 2007 ES350 in Dec 2006, 6 months after introduction in Phoenix. As the MSRP has increased by approx. $1,000 and this is the end of 2008 model year, you should get a price close to 33,000 if you can make a deal before Sept 2. Hope this helps.
  • karter14karter14 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a Lexus ES 350 with Premium Plus, HID Headlights, Preffered Acc Pkg, Rear seat air bags,wood steering wheel, pwr rear sunshade, full size spare, blue tooth audio. Invoice price $34,888. Paid $35,470 plus $200 Documentation fee. Bought the car at Nashville Lexus. Don't bother looking at Chatanooga, Kingsport, or Knoxville. They won't deal. Try Lexington, Ky and Nashville. I think I could have done better. I would try going for the invoice price given in consumer report. Deal over the internet with the internet manager. They will ask you to name your price and if they can do it they will tell you. Let me know how you do.
  • ankrishnankrishn Member Posts: 2
    In the market for an ES 350 with a Premium Plus package (no Nav or HID lighting). Being quoted a price of $35,070 plus ttl = 37,511; before any negotiations.

Is this a reasonable price or do I have room to go down further.

Premium Plus Package Includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Driver's seat power cushion extender
    - Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's
    seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Electrochromic outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse
    - Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

Additional Options:
    - Audio Bluetooth® technology
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Power rear sunshade
    My estimate is that you should ask for $34,000 plus TTL. Visit few dealers in your area, pick the one from their inventory and don't hesitate to walk out if they don't budge. If they don't have premium plus package than you can go for w/premium for approx. $33,000 and w/nav for $37,000.
    Hello:

So far the price quoted OTD are ranging from 40,000 to 40,700 for an ES 350 2008 with premium plus and Navigation. The tax in PA is 6%. The price of the car is in the ballpark number of 38,200 to 38,500 and then ttl. I have tried with approx 6 dealers in the tri state area. Tried the dealers in the Virginia area but they are not returning my call based on my address (maybe). I was hoping for OTD of 38500 but the numbers quoted are not even close.

Will it be any different in the weekend? One has only two more days to seal the deal as Sunday and Monday the dealerships are closed.
  • sunsonshaan07sunsonshaan07 Member Posts: 36
    Exactly a month ago, I got the following deal from Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX (DFW Metro):

2008 Lexus ES 350 w/. Premium Plus Package (Rain sensing front windshield, Heated/Ventilated Front Seats and Fron Memory Seats)
    Power Rear Sunshade
    Adaptive Front Side HID Lighting
    Navigation System (No ML Audio System)
    Intuitive Park Assist

Color: Smoky Granite Mica Ext. /Grey Int.

Price: $37800 (-Trade In) +TTL

Hope this helps in guiding you all. Good luck! :shades:
    Thanks for your reply. Did you get the special financing. I am trying to understand the trend. Is it that due to the special financing offerend now the prices are higher. If one has to pay higher than the invoice for the 2008 model, I may just wait for the 2009 model.
  • ttg911ttg911 Member Posts: 45
    Hi,

I have agreed to a price of $36,928 for PP with Nav. However, the dealer is now telling me there are fees of : $695.00 bank fee; $259.00 doc fee; $5.00 tittle fee; and 118.50 registration fee. I think their 'bank fee' is pure profit for the dealership, correct? Lexus gets 100% of the doc fee, right? Thanks for any help you can provide...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Lexus Financial gets the bank fee (aka acquisition fee). I'm not sure of what the base fee is, but, it's at least $595, so if there is any markup there, it's minimal..

The $259 doc fee goes to the dealership... consider it profit..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

It seems that you are using the special Lexus financing. So what happens after 2 Sept and you have your own financing, does the 695$ get shaved off.
    If you crunch the numbers to get the 2.9% you have pay 695$ extra so in effect it is not 2.9% apr but more.
    Hello:

Want to share my experience and thank all that helped me in the journey.

Bought the ES 350 premium plus with Navi

Price is 37657 + Tax 2259 (6%) + Tags 182 = OTD 40100
    Tried very hard to get it for a lesser amount almost with 8 dealers but this was the best deal.

Cheers!!!
  • mmenonmmenon Member Posts: 6
    Hi
    I got a good deal from Crown Lexus at Ontario
    Es 350 premium plus package + Nav + HID + Wood Trim + Park Assits + Rear Side Air bags +Power Rear sun shade + Full size spare + Preferred accesory package

MSRP was $42235 , but I got it for $36305 exlcu tax and license.

thanks
  • gnarlydudegnarlydude Member Posts: 11
    This salesman in Orange county that I bought my car from lets them go for a few hundred over dealer invoice. If u want his info email me at socal55chevrolet at yah oo.com
    Thats a great deal almost 1350 less than mine. Did you use the Lexus special financing? And was your buy recent. My total license fees were 180$. I have noticed some dealers price the car less but make it up with hefty fees.
  • cabbywcabbyw Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for posting this valuable buying info on Lexus ES350. I am in the market for ES350 with Nav package. I wonder if you could share with me which sales person you worked with to get the same great deal you got from the Park Place in plano?
  • chintubajajchintubajaj Member Posts: 3
    Guys,

I am looking for ES350 around the Northwest region. Can someone give any pointers to any good dealership which can give some good deal (I am ok with a year used vehicle too)? I am in the state of WA but dont mind going out of the state for a good deal.

What are the cons of looking out of state.

Thanks,
    Chintu
  • mmenonmmenon Member Posts: 6
    hi
    My license fee was close to $200 odd, and I got special financing I took 5 yrs at 3.9% APR . They charged a $50 doc fee, iPlus ofcourse the tax that is 7.75%.

that was all, I got it for $39600 out the door approx with tax and license.

thanks
    I found the car my wife wanted this last weekend (Pebble Beach Edition), negotiated a good price ($36,950) but then they wanted $695 (bank fee for using Lexus special financing rate for the lease) plus $295 (dealership doc fee), plus plates and license fees. In addition, they marked up the Money Factor (should have been .00055 and they would not go lower than .00099). All in all, a good deal turned out to be not such a good deal. Does anyone who recently bought a ES know if the $695 fee and Money Factor markup is common? Thanks and we are going to watch and hopefully buy during the "December to Remember".
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Virtually all leases have a bank fee (aka acquisition fee). That goes to the bank. Sometimes, dealers can markup that fee for extra profit. I'm not sure what Lexus' fee amount is, but it's at least $595, so little markup there, if any..

The dealer doc fee is just profit padding. Marking up the money factor is also a typical occurrence. And, as you noted, really turns a good deal into an average one..

Just tell them you won't pay that price, and hopefully they will come down. But, chances are, they won't. Dealers that markup the MF tend to stick with it. That killed a deal for me, last Saturday.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sweetoothsweetooth Member Posts: 23
    Hello Ajtlaa,
    Can you please say more about your earlier message "a new es build that retails for about $36,600 including destination. the invoice is $32,920. some dealers were willing to go as low as $31,920, or $1000 below invoice"
    What is this new ES build called? How do i find one?
    I want a non-leather ES350 and am having a hard time..any help is deeply appreciated. Becuase of not being able to find one, i have started to look at accords and camrys now..
    Thanks for the help, kyfdx. I think my strategy going into December will be to negotiate a good price and then bring my own financing. If they want to match it with LFS financing, that's fine, but I won't pay the $695 or whatever they want to charge me. I really want to lease this car, but obviously LFS doesn't want them leased. It's funny, because on a 36 month/15k lease, the residual was only 50% at year 3, yet if you look to buy a 2-to-3 year old CPO vehicle, it's cost is roughly 75% of MSRP. Anyway, I think the good deals will continue through the year as Toyota continues to see a sales decline overall in the US. Best of luck to all.
  • lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    I was told before that "end of the year" for dealers is February instead of December...so shouldn't it be better to negotiate in February then?
    Hi lexusbunny, I think the D2R starts in early December and runs through late February; so you are correct, waiting until late February would hypothetically yield the most savings. My current lease ends on January 31st, so I will start looking in December and hopefully take delivery on the first day or January or February (to avoid having to pay excise tax for a full month even though I didn’t use the car for the full month).
  • ankrishnankrishn Member Posts: 2
    Hi:

We finally bought the ES250 with Premium Plus (no Navi) at Sewell Lexus.

Price was 33800+ Tax 2112 (6.25%) + Tags 258 = OTD 36,170

The whole experience with Sewell Lexus was very pleasant. Thanks to all in this message board who helped us through this search.
    Congrats on your new buy. You got a good deal, approx $400 below invoice and no doc fee.
    I may be wrong but this is what I found on www.lexus.com.....
    2009 ES 350 w/premium plus package(no nav) is cheaper by approximately $800. They have increased the base MSRP by $200 but reduced the premium plus package by $1,000. Premium package is no longer available.
  • lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    WOW that is new! I just checked earlier this week and I didn't see the 09 version.

Anyone know of any major difference between 08 and 09?
    No change except for new color, matador red instead of ruby red.
  • xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Trying to build one online and when you select the Pebble Beach I don't see any way to select the ML audio.
    There is no Premium Package for 2009 model. You will get a Premium Plus package for $1,200 cheaper than last year but the MSRP has increased by $200. One can now build a 2009 ES @ www.lexus.com
    Next time when I am ready to buy a Lexus, I'll wait for third model year so that the bugs are worked out and can buy the car for thousands less. :shades:
  • klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    This really stinks. I just bought a 2008 ES 350 in August. The sticker price was $38,770. The sticker price on the 2009 model is indeed $1000 less than 2008. Had I known that, I would've waited for 2009 as opposed to buying 2008 model. I thought I got a good deal. With the $1k decrease, it does not look good after all.
  • xierxier Member Posts: 99
    Really depends on waht you paid on your 38.7 Sticker? Did you buy it at or under invoice?
  • nightowl76nightowl76 Member Posts: 10
    I'm about to buy an 08 Lexus ES in the Bay Area, CA. The car has Premium Plus package, Navigation, Parking assist, HID headlamps with AFS, Power rear shade etc.

The best offer I've got is $36519 + TTL. The dealer claims this is $1000 below invoice. Looking at past posts this seems like a good deal but I'm just wondering if its good enough considering the 09 ES is ony a month away from coming in.

Thanks!!