Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    bluer0cks...Unfortunately you have to actually be an employee of GEICO...or have a spouse that is (my case)...but I would check out other FCU's in your area because they have in general lower rates than banks...and don't forget that Lexus is running a special on low rates for December, I had a salesman tell me that the rates would be going down in December which is the time I expect to buy....
  • lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    Weniki...can you tell me which salesperson or manager did you talk to? I tried Clearlake Lexus a couple of times with no luck. They always give me a high quote and would not budge. Thanks!
  • deuces74deuces74 Member Posts: 11
    My total price paid was $34K + TTL.

There are three major options: Premium Plus Package, Ultra-Luxury Package, Navigation System/Mark Levinson. Every other option accessory (HIDs, etc) are an additional to those packages and is tacked on with an additional cost. Go with nada.com with pricing.

I would first find out what options you want in the car. Then price it out at nada.com. Then contact the dealer to see if they have the car with the options you wanted and you can bargain with the nada invoice from there.

Good luck!! You won't be disappointed with the ES350. Smoooth ride it is!!
  • travispete1travispete1 Member Posts: 46
    I just came home with what I think was a great deal on an 2008 ES350 Pebble Beach Edition, with Nav, sunshade and extra spare. MSRP was 42,320 and selling price was 35,650 (2k back of invoice). LFS MF and residual at 10k miles put my payment with basic driveoffs at 443. Northern Cal dealer. Let me know if you need specifics.
  • michael123michael123 Member Posts: 8
    Was that a 36 or 48 month lease? Also what amounts were included in you driveoff? Does your payment of $ 443 include sales tax? I appreciate any infor you can give. It is a great riding car.
    36 mo/10k miles
    1430 in drive offs incl first month
    yes, 7.75% sales tax included
    Got a price on an 2008 ES350
    MSRP 39745
    48 Month Lease
    407plus tax with total drive off $ 550

Is that a good deal

Any help appreciated
    you can do better....where r u located
    Ft Lauderdale

what would be the right price 48 months - 10000
    miles msrp 39765 drive out 550 which includes first payment of 407 plus tax
  • wenikiweniki Member Posts: 13
    I thought I wasn't allowed to post names?? If you want, I can email it to you.
  • BeachSeekerBeachSeeker Member Posts: 5
    Hi - Do you mind giving the name of the dealer? Do you recall what's left in the dealer's inventory of remaining 2008 ES350? I've been looking at 2009 ES350 at local Bay Area dealers, but have not been getting much of a deal. Since 2008s seem to be the way to go, any information you can share about which dealers had the most inventory of 2008s left and which were the most willing to deal would be greatly appreciated! Actually, any information on your experiences with all the various dealers would be great. Thanks!
    They have a few left. Jeff at Lexus of Concord. Tell him Gregg sent you! Good luck.
    What about 407 including 6% tax with driveoffs being
    600 total?
    sounds very good...of course, it depends on the equipment and term of lease.
    premium plus package 39765 msrp 10000 miles 48 months
    it really depends on how willing your regional dealers are to deal. I think you should be able to get a cap cost of at least 5k back of sticker. At that point, with the MF and residulas, you can back into a payment. Perhaps California has better deals due to more competition.
  • SERIUSSERIUS Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I got my for 34200 plus tax&fee. Premium pk, HID, DC, LM, GN, FS, WF, BE, HH, WU, WL. I got it from a dealer in Philadelphia area. Hope this help and good luck.
  • beck1019beck1019 Member Posts: 2
    So Texas lexus dealer offers me 2009 350 es base price 34320 plus extras to sticker price of 41595 including dest fee. I added window tint and stripping bottom line of 42185. We negotiate price of 37937 plus ttl. I call dealer in Houston who quotes me exact same vehicle for 37000 plus ttl. Please comment.
  • imjunhoimjunho Member Posts: 8
    Do you mind telling me which Lexus dealership you went to in Houston. I'm probably going to start my search next week for an es350. I had no idea that they were giving out deals on 09 ES 350s. Whats the stock like for 2008 ES 350s in the Houston area? Thanks.
  • beck1019beck1019 Member Posts: 2
    sterling mccall in houston and actually was 2009 pebble beach listing for 42705 asking 37000 plus ttl. good luck
  • bluer0cksbluer0cks Member Posts: 6
    ..hope this will benefit some of you.

Just Closed (bought NOT lease) for 3000 under Invoice (and pretty happy with the car, and the deal). Premium Package, non-nav, but with most other including Spare, Heated/ventilated seats, Wood trim, Rear airbags, (Bay Area CA).
    08's you should be able to get atleast 2500 under invoice, and 09's close to/just below Invoice.

Lexus doesnt advertise about this for the ES, but if you ask any dealer they should be able to give you 2.9% financing upto 60months. (So ask)., and approx 5.5% for above 60 months.

I used the Lexus coupon for 750 (from last Summer event)- as good as cash- they will apply to your down payment.
    Hi Bluer0cks - which Bay Area dealer did you purchase the car from? Also, do you know if the financing special is good on the 2009 ES as well? Thanks!
    Is there currently any dealer incentives for the 08 or 09 Lexus ES 350 I don't see any otherthan the finance deals and loyalty programs.

How are people getting below or near invoice for these cars. I can't seem to find these incentives on the edmunds website.
  • lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    Can you supply dealership name and sales person you talked to? My email address is bunnytubby@hotmail.com. Thanks.
    Hello All,

I plan to make an offer on a 09 ES 350 level III (premium plus w/Nav+Park Assist). I plan to offer just under invoice, 36K. Invoice is 36.5K. My target date to buy is the weekend after Christmas. I live near ATL, if anyone has recently purchased in the ATL area please let me know of your buying experience. I do know that Lexus' November sales were off by 30% from 07 and that they halted production at their plant in Japan for 3 days, not sure which model(s) they stopped production on.

Knowledge and correct information is our best weapon to get the best deal. 3K under invoice is fantastic!!. Not sure if they will go that low in ATL on a car that has MSRP of $41.5k, that would amount to a 8K discount. Although nothing wrong with trying.

If you look at the 08 Infiniti M-35 that car can be bought for 36K+TTL (MRSP is 48K) right now, but the M isn't selling. Selling a car that low hurts the resale value, probably something Lexus would rather not do. But these are unique times. Who knows??....Didn't mean to get long-winded. I'm excited!!, can't wait to have my ES with me...... :) . I'll keep group informed of my experience. Cheers!!
    Bluer0cks, what year was the ES you recently bought? 09? Thanks
    Sorry for being so redundant but can you supply me with the dealer name at Sterling Mccall as well. my email is mimsterzx7rr@yahoo.com
  • bluer0cksbluer0cks Member Posts: 6
    Lot of questions. I'll try and answer in 1 shot and cover as much as I can.
    - I got an 08. Not an 09. I did not see ANY difference between 08 and 09 models.(Like I said, even for an 09, you should be able to get close to or below Invoice). Dealers have ways of applying their bulk discounts, dealer incentives etc, that allow them to sell below invoice and still make a profit.

The financing I mentioned in my previous post (2.9% for 60 mos, or 5.5% upwards to 60 mos) should be good on 09 cars as well. Just ask them and say you want it. Make that the condition for buying. They will work with the banks or credit unions or whoever to make it happen. (You will need to authorize them for a credit application- so be prepaed)(Good credit being the condition )

Dont even talk about MSRP- who cares about that number now?
    I did about 6 months research and narrowed down. Used Consumer Reports, NADA, and Edmunds to get MSRP vs. actual dealer Invoice prices on each item.

I think Edmunds.com says not to mention dealership names, and sales person names, but I am assuming "not to mention in a bad sense". Dont see why it's wrong to post a good posting- especially if it helps readers. So I'll submit this at the risk of the posting being deleted. :-)

Putnam Lexus in San Mateo (Bay Area, CA)- Call and ask for a person called Ashwani Kumar. There are good and bad sales people at every single dealer ship. (Which is why you see good and bad ratings for the same dealership and wonder where to go- coz they all look the same). I must say that I never got a single round of BS from this guy in the 4 months I took to close the deal. (And I talked to almost every single dealership here) Negotiations were absolutely professional- and even a good experience. Not cheap haggling. My experience- Got a great car for a great price, and solid buying experience. (Make sure to check Invoice prices on Edmunds for your options, so you know what to ask for).
  • lexus_nelexus_ne Member Posts: 5
    I purchased a 2009 ES 350 last Sat in the New England area. Here are what I paid and what I got:

Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $37,710
    Manufacturer's invoice price: $33,227
    Dealer's invoice price: $34,567 ($33,227 + $825 del. + $515 advertising )

The dealer installed the bodyside moldings free of charge. (I should have asked for window tint instead.)

What I paid: $33,750 + tax + title + $289 (doc.)
    That's not bad at all for a level II lexus. You got premium the plus package. I plan to make a serious effort to purchase next Friday. I'm going to offer 36K for a level III, premium plus +Nav+park assist. I may add a rear spoiler. MSRP is $41.5 Invoice is 36.5K. I'm hoping I can get it for 36k. You got a really great deal!!! Congratulations!!.....I know you're enjoying...Can't wait to get mine....I'll let you know how it goes.....
  • scoutandattyscoutandatty Member Posts: 23
    Just leased a new RX and learned that the dealer has way too much inventory and are willing to make a deal to clear it before the end of the year.

I'd be happy to approach a local dealer with too much inventory and offer to take 2 cars off his inventory before the end of the month if he lowers the price on both by 50%.

He mentioned that he has a few 08 ES and 08 GS that he'd like to get rid of.

Anyone interested??
    I'm looking to get a new ES before the end of the year. Please e-mail me: NewLexusES at Gmail.com.
  • lovelexus1lovelexus1 Member Posts: 13
    hi can u please tell me what is residual value, any acquisition cost?
    can u send me mae and number for dealership and sales person
    was it 2009 . my email is
    sjs855@gmail.com
    thanks
    HI CAN U PLEASE TELL ME IS IT 09? WHAT IS MSRP, IS THERE ANY DEALER FEE
    DEALERSHIP NAME, # AND PERSON TO CONTACT?
    HI
    I AM READY TO BUY ES 350
    I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE, BLUE TOOTH,FULL SPARE,REAR AIR BAG,WOOD TRIM STEERING, MSRP 37720 FOR 09
    WHAT SHOULD E RIGHT PRICE? INVOICE IS 33400
    I AM IN FLORIDA
    IF ANY ONE HAS GOOD DEAL LET ME KNOW
    I AM OPEN TO BUY 08 OR LEASE IT IF THAT'S SWEET DEAL
    THANKS HAPPY HOLIDAYS
  • lxnewlxnew Member Posts: 2
    I just got a new 2009 ES 350 days ago. Here is what I paid:

Invoice: $33,480 = (32655 + 825)
    Dealer Invoice: $33,995 = (33,480 + 515)

I paid $33,300 + TTL. I might be able to get it for 33.2 if I tried harder.
    The information on this board is very helpful for me. Thanks guys.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

THANKS FOR PROMPT RESPONSE. GREATLY APPRECIATED. WHAT WAS MSRP OR OPTIONS ADDED. CAN U PLEASE SEND ME DEALERSHIP NAME, NUMBER AND SALES PERSON NAME.
    THANK YU VERY MUCH AGAIN
  • lxnewlxnew Member Posts: 2
    I am in seattle, washingtion. The MSRP is $37.9k.
    thanks or your help
  • moco01moco01 Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a 2009 ES350 today. I got a lot of useful info from this forum when planning to buy so I think I'd share my experience here as well.

First we requested quotes from nearby dealers: Rockville, Annapolis, Baltimore, and dealers in Virginia. The dealer at Annapolis gave the lowest quote: for a car with MSRP $38,644 (including destination charge), he gave a price at $33,817 (about $400 below invoice). We took the price to the nearest dealer at Rockville, they agreed to match it. After a bit more negotiation, we fixed the deal at couple of hundred dollars less.

I heard someone saying you could start your negotiation at $1,000 below invoice. From our experience, it is pretty close.

I hope this is useful for people who's buying a new Lexus, especially who lives in my area. The sales person is pretty nice, but I'm not supposed to post his contact info here - you know what to do if you want that...
    dear moco01
    i am ready to buy one. i will appreciate if you can email with
    contct person name , all options and exact price you paid. any rebate. any special financing deal you got. my email sjs855@gmail.com.
    thank you very much.
  • lexus15lexus15 Member Posts: 1
    Would appreciate if you could mail the name of the salesperson at Rockville along with the options/prices on the car you purchased. Thanks. declexus@yahoo.com
    That's an excellent price...a steal actually....Congratulations!!!..... The lowest price I could find in the ATL area was about $500 over invoice for a level III (Nav+Park-Assist) and that's really good for the Southeast, I guess they discount more aggressively in the DC area...could have something to do with the COLA. You going to absolutely enjoy this car...Cheers!! :)
  • moco01moco01 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks. We bought this car for my wife and I'm sure she's enjoying it already - she drove it out today and even called home with Bluetooth Audio.
  • qwe223qwe223 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, moco01

I really need your help. I lives close to Rockville. Could you please email me the contact person name, options, price you paid. Did you get any rebate? Any low interest rate? Did your price include the destination fee?

my email is qwe22030@gmail.com

Thanks a lot!!!!
  • down_to_earthdown_to_earth Member Posts: 4
    Hey Lexpaul (and others that have contributed) to this thread,

This is a great forum with lots of real world experience and data. I am in Atlanta and have been researching Lexus for a few weeks now. I have also looked at GS 350 and am still not sure.

I have a few questions and was wondering if you or anyone can provide some insight/answers:

1. Did you guys consider GS350 also and if so, what was the deal breaker to get ES350 (I really could not see a big difference other than the V8). Any info would be appreciated
    2. Since I am strongly leaning towards buying the ES350, I would like to know the approximate price I should offer for the following options: Premium Plus Package + Premium Sound & Navigation + Park Assist. The Invoice Price for this is 35038 (including the $825 for destination charge).
    3. Also, my understanding (from reading the KBB and edmunds) is that I just cannot get the navigation only - I have to opt for the premium sound system (option NV ) - is this true
    4. Any recommendation on a specific dealer in the ATL (or even nearby area) is good. I am also a Costco member (not sure if this will help in getting a no nonsense-quote - thought I would mention)

I have not yet visited any dealer and trying to complete my research / homework by end of next week before going over to one of them.

Thanks in advance
  • butteroppabutteroppa Member Posts: 1
    What kind of options does your ES 350 have?
    Hey Down to the Earth…

I’m glad you are finding the forum helpful…because it has certainly helped me. I just pulled the trigger on a Level III ES 350 (Nav+Park-Assist) black/black on Friday at Lexus of South ATL in Union City (off I-85 South)

I must tell you that mine is a long story. I have been researching the ES 350 for over a year now. I looked at and test drove other models. I actually was looking at an SUV (4Runner), but after gas prices shot up I began focusing on cars, my first choice was the Avalon Limited a great car, but the salesman mentioned the ES in our conversation, and peaked my interest and from there on my journey began with the ES.

I did test drive the Avalon, not bad at all, but the Lexus was just a compelling car in every respect, build quality, fit/finish a solid reliability history. I was also looking at the Acura TL, Infiniti M-35, Lincoln MKS, and the caddy CTS. All good cars in their own right. I did indeed look at the GS350, but the cost for a new one was a limiting factor and I did not want a used one. Two things that I prefer the ES to over the GS, looks and resale. The GS is the least performing ( in terms of sales) Lexus in their car lineup. The car just hasn’t hit the mark like the ES has. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great car, but it doesn’t sale as well as the ES. Another point in terms of performance, the two cars are close, but the GS is geared more to a sporty ride, in other words a stiffer suspension…

I wanted a smooth ride and not a stiff one and that was another point in the ES column for me. The ES is a luxury + smooth upscale sedan par-excellence. It is really a vehicle that pampers and cuddles the occupant. It is extremely quiet and smooth on the road, just what I wanted. I’m not interested in trying to negotiate a curve at 40 mph. I don’t drive like that. The Beemers, Infiniti’s and Mercedes will give you that kind of ‘joy ride’ if you want it, but you also feel the road more..bumps etc....…..I would suggest that you checkout some reviews. The US News and World Report Ranking on the ES can be found here: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/2009-Lexus-ES/

Check out what others are saying on this page as well…..Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc…also see http://www.motherproof.com

Question #2.

The invoice price for a Level III ES is actually $36.4K, this price can be found on NADA, or here: http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?l=1&w=20&p=36&f=5010&y=2009&m=1201&d=1885- 4&c=16&cc1=7283&cc3=629&vt=new&s=308145

I have selected the options you need for a Level III, so it should come up with my selections, let me know if not. You are correct the 09 Lexus only comes in the premium plus package w/additional options, the premium package has been eliminated for 09. See this link from Lexus:
    http://www.lexus.com/lexusConfigApp/pub/setStartOptions.do?modelId=44872983&zipC- ode=30358&isSE=false

The Navigation package is only available on Level III (premium plus w/Nav+park-assist) or the Level IV which is the Ultra Luxury model which includes everything that Level III has, but adds aniline leather seats, a 14 speaker audio system with the Mark Levison sound system, plus panoramic roof and graphite finished alloy wheels. It’s just about a fully loaded ES with the exception of adding dynamic radar cruise control.

Question #3

I think I answered that in 2 above in a round about way, but for clarity, Edmunds is correct, you cannot just add a Nav system and be done with it. The Nav system is added only as part of a ‘package’ and that package is the premium plus package. Keep in mind you can get the premium plus package w/o the Nav, which is Level II. Level III (premium plus) is with Navigation+ park-assist. Park-assist adds the motion sensors and back-up camera, so you have a rear-view of what’s behind you while backing up. So if you just want Navigation only, you’re stuck with Level III, which is invoiced at $36.4K

Question #4

I have spoken to all of the ATL Lexus dealers over the last year. I know the pricing structure of each one of them, trust me, forget about getting invoice in ATL, it just won’t happen on a 09, however you can get 1K under invoice on a 08 Level III. There is no difference between a 08 and 09. The 09 added matador red and eliminated royal ruby metallic as colors, that’s it. I wanted a 09, no exceptions. The only discount that would help you is that you were a previous Lexus owner, if so that’s 1K off the selling price. Not bad. I didn’t qualify. Forget Costco that dog won’t hunt.

There are two dealers I would recommend:

Lexus of South ATL is #1, hands down. They have the best prices. Very aggressive in their price structure (I have been told this by other ATL Lexus dealers) I paid $37.1K for a Level III 09, which gave me an OTD price of about $40.2K. The lowest I got among Hennessy Lexus off Peachtree Industrial Blvd, or in Duluth or Nalley Lexus in Roswell was $38.3K, but keep in mind I had been talking to these guys for over a year and I had a rapport with them and that’s the best I could do, I have also heard from other buyers in ATL that the market is tough.

The other dealer would be Hennessy Lexus off I-285 and Peachtree Industrial; they came in as #2. That’s was the $38.3 one.

A word of advice, do your homework (know all the options and price structures) and stay on message when you visit them. The only thing you should be talking about when you meet them is OTD cost, nothing else, no trade-ins, discounts, payment targets or anything like that. It’s also good to come in with your own financing. Having a good credit score helps too. Hope this helps. I can recommend a salesman at Lexus of South ATL if you want. Let me know. Thanks and GL. :shades:
    Check out my reply to you in the general ES buying experience discussion....I thought I had replied directly to you... :)