Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    SoCal09SoCal09 Member Posts: 9
    out of the three you mentioned: "Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, South Bay(Torrance)" South Bay was pretty fast to reply. Beverly Hills - didn't deal with them. Santa Monica really friendly, but didn't get in touch with them until I picked up the car. But I bought my car somewhere else, since the other guy is even lower.
  • Options
    buzzlightyear1buzzlightyear1 Member Posts: 8
    Joesocal - Can you share the lowest prices (with and without TT&L) that were quoted to you and what features/package was included in that ES 350 2008?
  • Options
    joesocaljoesocal Member Posts: 7
    thanks for the infor. I have not used AAA or Costco. I have got the impression that they are not useful. So far, by responding to the internet pricing I have been contacted by 5 dealers. They initially were reluctant to talk price but I got them to talk in general to get a range. I am looking for a 2009 lexus with prem plus package (no GPS) which has an MSRP of $37,720. The dealers were from West LA into Ventura County. The first said indicated pricing in the $33,500 range, the second indicated price in the $33,400 range and the lowest said he felt the price range would be $33,000 + or - $200. I know it is a popular car, however the overall car market is falling off the cliff and I believe that the dealers will be willing to drop price due to pressure and rebates from the manufacturer. I know Chrysler is not a competing car however the discounting they are doing has got to have some impact on the overall car market. I don't think we have bit bottom yet. I have not explored Lexus pricing in West Valley toward San Bernadino or Orange county.
  • Options
    prema1prema1 Member Posts: 21
    Kay63 - Did you get the car? I am curious what kind of a deal you got. I still haven't purchased.
  • Options
    Hi JoeSoCal: Glad to hear about your numbers. It seems like more dealers are willing to talk. When I started my shopping, they were some that just didn't want to put a number or range at all!! But the good thing is there is enough Lexus dealers in So Cal who are willing to deal.
    Looking at your numbers, with your choice of optional pkgs, what's the invoice price? In case anyone is wondering, you can get the invoice price from admund, kbb.com or Nadaguides.com site.
    After I have done my homework, knowing exactly the colors and options I'n looking for, I just told them that I have offers at below invoice (I actually do). What's the best they can do? And I just started with that and negotiated down. Once they heard about that, they either gave up (that's too low, there is no way I can do that), or willing to take it from there. With the economy right now (another 53,000 pink slips today!), they should be more flexible on the numbers. And we are close to the end of the month again.
    By the way, I have better luck with dealers in OC or in San Bernadino County.
    Feel free to post any question you may have. Have fun car hunting!
  • Options
    lexusbunnylexusbunny Member Posts: 40
    I just picked up mine this past Saturday from Dallas (I live in Houston) and the car is everything I expected it to be! It is so very comfortable and elegant. I am still playing around with all the gadgets in the car (I got the one with the GPS system). It is like having a small PC in your car...there are so many things to play with - setting up your phonebook, speed dial, favourite locations...etc!

I special ordered mine since I want red with black interior. Since I didn't pick it up right away so it has been sitting in the underground garage in the dealership. The dealer told me that a lot of people inquire and want my car because that's the only red one in there. Red is very rare in the south region for some reason, and red with black interior is not even shipped to this region unless you request one.
  • Options
    I just sent you an email requesting name of dealer. Also would be good to know your name so I can refer to your deal. If you haven't recieved it let me know.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    buzzlightyear1buzzlightyear1 Member Posts: 8
    Looks like you picked up a 2009 model. Did you buy it from Park Place? Can you share the details of what was included in the package and "Out the Door" price? It would be very helpful. Thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. You indicated that you bought the car somewhere else ( i assume not Santa Monica, Beverly Hills or South Bay), because the guy was lower. Where is that somewhere else if I may ask.
  • Options
    Additional question. What was the price you paid and the MSRP? In other words what size of discounting did you get?
  • Options
    The GPS sound nice but my understanding is that feature is about $3000. That is that right? It is hard to believe since anyone can buy a portable GPS unit in the price range of $150 to $300. Does the built-in GPS unit require a monthly fee to use all the features?
  • Options
    jack1963jack1963 Member Posts: 15
    I've been trying to buy a new ES since mid-December. I have researched over and over as well as tried services like Carbargains.com and Fighting Chance....yet after dealing with 4 locations in my area (DFW), the best I can get is about $1200 over invoice. This just seems wrong, considering the economy and recent Lexus sales. I have offered up to $500 over invoice and still get turned down. One dealer had what I wanted on the lot, another one said he could get it for an additional $300 delivery fee. So it didn't seem to matter if they had the car on the lot or not. I have tried via email as well as in person. I guess I must look like I don't belong in a Lexus! :)

So my next step is to look out-of-town, and possibly out-of-state. Can anyone recommend a good dealer that would ship to Texas?? I am running out of options here!
    JR
  • Options
    What should I pay for a used 2009 ES350 Ultraluxury with 8200 miles on it? Apparently it is only 2 months old. I am thinking it would be worth $35k...
  • Options
    Sorry I didn't see any email from anyone but I can post all the information here but the dealer's name, I guess. I live in Houston and I purchased the car from Park Place Lexus at Plano. All the deals were done over email and phone. I understand all packages are different and I listed all the prices and packages in this thread before...so I don't want to repeat everything but I manage to negotiate ~$500 over inovice (I accounted the free tint and pinstrip I asked them to give me for free). They have been looking for this particular car color combo for me.

For the GPS...it's from NAVTEQ and they are supposed to be not so bad. My husband already has a GPS for his bike that is portable so I wanted this one to come with it. And no you don't have to pay for any monthly fee, but you have to pay $300 something if you ever want to update it. I belive you only pay ~$80 to update a Garmin and you can actually get it from the web for free if you know what you are doing.

If anyone needs more info, email me at bunnytubby@hotmail.com...hope this help!
  • Options
    kenb757kenb757 Member Posts: 149
    I too am in DFW area but from SoCal. Just toying with a lease on a new ES 350 as I've just bought a new Buick Lucerne Super. These figures from two weeks ago:

Park Place Lexus:
    $539/mo for 48 mos. + $2000 = $27,872 total (msrp = $37,930)

South Bay Lexus (Torrance, CA):
    $429/mo for 36 mos. + $3499 = $18,944 total (msrp = ?)

Seems like a no brainer--if the DFW dealers won't match this deal, make a deal through e-mail or phone and go out to CA and pick up your new ES350. You may even be able to have them add 1,500 miles to your lease to compensate for the road trip back to DFW.
  • Options
    I just placed the order for my new 2009 ES350. Was able to get a Nav car with MSRP of $41,671 for $37,100 in Atlanta. Thanks to lexpaul and others on this board for the information.

They didn't have the colour I wanted on the lot (Red/Cashmere) so they sold me one which just arrived at the port this morning. Should be able to pick it up in a couple of days. can't wait to drive it.

One more question for the board: What do I need to be able to connect my iPhone to the sound system?
  • Options
    joeman2joeman2 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone picked up an E350 at or below invoice recently? The way the economy is going, I am surprised Lexus is not coming out with a manufacturer's rebate. Or is it?
  • Options
    diamond15diamond15 Member Posts: 7
    I was able to get 88% of sticker late december from Park Place in Grapevine for a 2009 ES 350. KN was salesman. I think that was just $225 above invoice that I calculated off Edmunds website by putting in my options. Looks like others are getting about the same deal. Not sure what is happening for you?
  • Options
    I saw people on here saying that they got one for like $1000 or $1500 under invoice before. Not sure how they did it. I got it $500 over invoice and I thought I did good...

I don't think Lexus will give out rebates and stuff for their cars, personally. I think they would rather suck it up and ride out the bad economy. Lowering car prices and start giving out rebates might make also make them feel that they lower their reputation and the value of their car. But that's just what I think. They are very proud of their products, and they should cuz they are truly very nice. They don't even have any special financing unless you are leasing.
  • Options
    nate007nate007 Member Posts: 3
    Perma1-

I actually am looking at ES's here in Atlanta. Mind if I ask what kind of lease terms you got and what your monthly payment ended up at?

Thanks!
  • Options
    lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    prema1,
    Sorry for the late response. I replied to your email. Please check it out. :) Thanks

LexPaul
  • Options
    Haven't been checking the board for a while. To answer your question, I think the MSRP was around $39865 (with premium plus, nav, & couple of other things). And my actual price was under invoice +tax & title, I guess I got really lucky. btw, I got it in Orange County.

Not sure what can be posted here (don't have the time to read everything yet), so I guess feel free to email me: forleon2 at yahoo.com, I can tell you all about it. Have a great day, everyone!
  • Options
    jngo1jngo1 Member Posts: 21
    hello lexustexas1
    would you kindly let me know which dealers did you use and strategies to use to get this pricing? how long did you shop around?. One guy from Northsidelexus [same owners with westside] has offerred me 37K but we have not talk on anything yet. I was thinking of going to clear lake lexus and also northside/west houston lexus and bring these prices to them
    thanks very much - jngo1
  • Options
    I bought my car. But I think the lease terms would have been $565 per month with zero down for 36 months. Lease terms were very good.
  • Options
    down_to_earthdown_to_earth Member Posts: 4
    prema: Congratulations on your purchase. I have been looking at an ES350 also for over a month now. Can you please provide the following details: You can either post it in the forum or if email me at chaaya@yahoo.com, if you prefer:

1. The dealer you finally bought at (and any other dealers you worked with that you liked)
    2. all the options included (and extra's, if any)
    3. did you get any good finance deals or you had your own finance
  • Options
    down_to_earthdown_to_earth Member Posts: 4
    forgot two more thing:
    1. was your price including TTL
    2. how much was your price over invoice
  • Options
    saw your posting. Your 09 lexus with prem plus and nav I am sure is in the $41,000 to $42,000 range for MSRP. And that does not include the chrome wheels which is a $3,000 option. The nav is a $3,000 option by itself. The MSRP for a 09 ES350 with just the prem package and some other lessor options is $37,790 which I did puchase. My price without tax and lic was $33,000. I already had financing arrange at 5.99% but the dealership was able to offer a 5.54% with no additional fees. This was in Ventura county.
  • Options
    Congrat with the new purchase!! It sounds like you got a great deal at $33k for a brand new 09 Lexus!
    The funny thing is, I left the email for you, bu actually got quite a few inquiries. :) Feel free to ask question you may have. Personally, I wish I found this site when I started my search for my Lexus. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    scotthow1scotthow1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. Just signed up here on Edmunds and looking for out the door pricing advice.
    Considering in South Carolina an '07 CPO ES350, silver and lt. gray, power everything, memory, rear sunshade, nav, sunroof, heated/vent seats, 31,800 miles. What is a resonable out the door price w/ no add ons? Thank you for your help.
  • Options
    Hi all. Just signed up here on Edmunds and looking for out the door pricing advice.
    Considering in South Carolina an '07 CPO ES350, silver and lt. gray, power everything, memory, rear sunshade, nav, sunroof, heated/vent seats, 31,800 miles. What is a resonable out the door price w/ no add ons? Thank you for your help. :)
  • Options
    jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Kelly Bluebook suggests somewhere around $21,500 would be a starting negotiation price for a car in excellent condition. We just sold my Dad's Buick '07 Lucerne w/ less than 3,000 miles on it for $19,000. Good time for the buyer and not so good for the seller.
  • Options
    My bad. My message was about a Lexus ES350 with the specs mentioned above. Thank you for the thoughtfulness of your reply.
  • Options
    Anyone looking for a fatanstic deal on a ES 350 in the ATL area I can point you in the right direction. I just purchased a 09 ES for about 37K. Dealer beat all the other ATL dealers hands down.
  • Options
    jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Sorry, I knew you were inquiring about a Lexus and that is what the Kelly bluebook said a good negotiating price would be. I confused everything when I threw the story about my Dad's car. Good luck on your venture!
  • Options
    jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    Considering in South Carolina an '07 CPO ES350, silver and lt. gray, power everything, memory, rear sunshade, nav, sunroof, heated/vent seats, 31,800 miles. What is a reasonable out the door price w/ no add ons? Thank you for your help.

The Edmund's TMV for a CPO seems to be about $27,500, but you may get a more exact answer by adding in exactly all the options involved.
  • Options
    charliern9charliern9 Member Posts: 22
    Hello there,
    I'm an Atlanta resident and would very much like to learn more on the dealer you're referring too in your post. Thanks alot!!
  • Options
    PopinskyiPopinskyi Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote from an Atlanta dealer for $37K for the 09 es350 with the navigation package. I got similar quotes from lots of other dealers as well. If you really want to fight with the dealer, they'll offer it to you a bit under invoice.
  • Options
    jkl888jkl888 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Tapping into the wealth of knowledge here, anyone know if $41K (out the door) is a good price for an ES 350 Pebble Beach (with NAV) and Chrome Rims?

Located in So. Cal.

Thanks!
  • Options
    corystorycorystory Member Posts: 15
    Hi all,
    I am about to buy a lexus ES350 + premium plus package for my parents. I do not want the navigation packaage since I prefer hard-drive navi but it seems Lexus ES does not have it. Would someone in So. California tell me a good lexus dealer? what price i should pay? Carsdirect's quote is ~33K before tax + ttl. My parents live near Long Beach airport but I don't live in the area.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    rkatz1949rkatz1949 Member Posts: 8
    i've been shopping for a ES350 to lease,36month/36000/all in.Pay only 1st month and dmv at signing.so far,i've been offered as follows;
    MSRP $41,385=$625/MONTH
    or
    MSRP $37,720=$588/MONTH

I'm just not sure if these are good deals. Please put in your 2cents.
  • Options
    BrunomaterBrunomater Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering purchasing one of two cars: 1) Lexus '09 RX350, 2) Lexus '09 ES350. Right now the $5K dealer cash on the RX350 is making that option a bit more attractive. However, I would prefer to buy the ES350, and am willing to wait if it's likely there will be a similar incentive on it in the near future.

It seems that these incentives are correlated with the next year's edition coming out (i.e. the 2010 RX seems to driving the price of the '09 RX's down). Does anyone know if something similar will happen with the ES? If so, any idea when it would happen?

Thanks a lot for any help!
  • Options
    BrunomaterBrunomater Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in purchasing a Lexus ES350. The '09s don't have any good incentives currently, but I've noticed that there is $4K dealer cash on the '08s. I don't mind buying a year-old car if it means saving $4K.

The problem is, I can't seem to find any in inventory in local dealerships. I live in Las Vegas. I'd be willing to buy from a dealership in a neighboring state. Does anyone know of any available 2008 Lexus ES350s in California or Arizona?

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    a1s1a1a1s1a1 Member Posts: 25
    I would appreciate if some one can comment if I have done OK on a Brand New Lexus ES 350 which is a 2008 left over with UL package, glass panoramic roof, Mark Levinson etc,etc. It has the MSRP of 45034. I have just put a hold on this car through my credit card as I have been quoted 37.5 K plus the Tax, title.

Please note that it is not a demo or a pebble beach, I have been told by the dealer and I have also checked it, that ES 350 doesn't come any more loaded than this except for chrome wheels which I don't care for, anyways.

I have to check it out in person tomorrow

Any advise regarding the price of 37.5 K, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, H
  • Options
    doctorwdoctorw Member Posts: 18
    I have put a hold on a car with the same equipment. The invoice on a car with this equipment is ~$39,500. The '08's have $4,000 cash to dealer and $1,000 customer loyalty if you already own an ES. I am going in tomorrow to offer $35,000 but have a quote from them for $35,500. You can do a lot better than $37,500.

As long as they believe that you are prepared to walk away, you'll get your deal.

Good luck!
  • Options
    a1s1a1a1s1a1 Member Posts: 25
    doctorw, thankyou for your timely response. I have checked out the car this evening but was surprised (due to my ignorance) that the XM installation with "internal" atenna will be 855$ extra. That has put me off and I told the dealership that I will get back to them this coming Monday with my final offer.

I have been listening to the XM radio for the last 5 years in my Acura and just love the various channels (NPR,BBC etc.) which is hard to give up. The insallation of XM involves pulling out the radio which concerns me of future rattles. I live a 100 miles away from the dealership so any warranty work is a hassle to begin with.

I would appreciate your kind advise. Regards, a1s1a1
  • Options
    Hi corystory: When I was doing my research, the dealer/Internet Manager at South Bay Lexus sounded pretty straight forward. There were dealers who would not disclose their internet pricing - just go to the next one. But I got the best deal from another dealer in O.C. Feel free to contact me at forleon2 at yahoo . com, since I'm not sure what can be revealed here.

$33k for your pkg sounds solid, but they could probably do a little better. I started with an invoice price and worked my way down. All the negotiation was done before I headed out there. The dealer ended up agreeing to a below invoice price, if that helps.
  • Options
    Hi jkl888: Just wondering what is the invoice price for an ES 350 with those features? I remember I was offered something similar for below $40k. (I ended up negotiating from invoice price down.) Things might have changed since Jan. Thought I offer my #s here (got mine in O.C.). Good luck negotiating!
  • Options
    I just got a super deal on a 09 ES 350 Level III in ATL. If anyone is looking for a great deal on an ES please let me know. I want to really share the joy. This dealer is tops. I spent sometime talking with the ATL dealers and this one dealer in particular stands out. :shades:
  • Options
    lanclanc Member Posts: 10
    Could you please tell me the deal with options you selected? Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    focus530focus530 Member Posts: 10
    I just got a super deal on a 09 ES 350 Level III in ATL. If anyone is looking for a great deal on an ES please let me know. I want to really share the joy. This dealer is tops. I spent sometime talking with the ATL dealers and this one dealer in particular stands out.

Why not share the joy with this forum by describing your deal?