Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ldubb1ldubb1 Member Posts: 4
    Congrats on the good deal. More than 11% off MSRP. Did u go to McGrath Lexus? Did they offer 2.9% financing?
  • haverhillhaverhill Member Posts: 7
    I went to Woodfield Lexus. All others were expensive. 2.9% financing was offered.
  • nick81982nick81982 Member Posts: 14
    Same here, got 2.9%.

Glad that I did not choose Acura - TL. Features list is good with tech package but I was turned off by those hideous looks of it.

Glad to be a member of Lexus club : :)
  • b_jb_j Member Posts: 7
    35.5k is very low with all the options. Is it new car? congrats anyway on your purchase
    Yup brand new car with only 13 miles on the odometer. Very happy with the price and buying experience. Whole thing was totally hassle free, no gimmicks and no bait and switch stuff.

This was first quote and there was no need to haggle as price was really good already.

Highly recommend everyone in SF bay area in the market to go to Putnam in redwood city.
  • hannahcallanhannahcallan Member Posts: 8
    Ok, so I want to lease the ES 350 here in TX this month since it will be sales tax free, I have excellent credit 780-800 range for all 3. Today is Cinco de Mayo, and I have put my feelers out after being in contact w/ 3 dealers...I've gotten 2 quotes from the 3: $40,100 & $40,900. I want prem plus pkg, navi/backup cam, power sunshade, park assist, pref accessory, etc, etc, + chrome wheels and satellite radio, I've done research for invoice prices and that comes out to about 39,100 including destination...I understand that Lexus has a 13% profit margin + 2% holdback on base model price, with those figures, their actual cost is about $38,039....I offered $38,500, and he declined. I said ok, thanks, bye....this is just one of the 3 dealers, the one that quoted me the lowest in the 1st place. Did I mess up by quoting a # after his number? I think it's fair given the state of the economy and the fact that lexus sales plummeted almost 40% this past yr. Oh, and I'm a woman, so I know the cards are stacked against me. Please help\. thnx!!!
    I think you did the right thing and I bet the saleman is going to call you soon.... let us know
    I sure hope so, it's been strange to say the least, I've told all 3 that I'm willing to deal right away if they'll work with me...this was just e-mail communications, but today, like I mentioned above, I actually called one of them, since no one had ever e-mailed me back after saying I was ready to go ?!?!
    Just wait if you can, they're the ones who may lose not you. You're the one who is going to pay a lot of $$ but if they don't call you then you may shop some where else..
    What was the MSRP of the car that you offering $38.5k?
    MSRP $44,511, which includes all options & destination of $875...I multiplied this number by 13% profit margin which=$5786, and I multiplied base model price of $34,320 x 2% for holdback=$686...invoice price about $38,100---I think...is this right?
    Check out Lexus official web-site, you will find the followings:
    1. Base = $ 34,470
    2. Dest. chg.= $ 875
    Then the options, there are 4 options
    Option 1=2365 and it's Premium plus
    Option 2=3390 and it's Premium plus with additional options
    Option 3=6240 and it's Voice-activated, NAV with back-up camera, etc...

Then there is what is called Pebble Beach Edition and cost about $7350

I think yours is option #3 what will come to MSRP $34,470+875+6240=41,585
    88 to 90% of this figure would come to $36,595-37,427

If you can obtain the invoice then offer them $500 above the invoice #
    I haven't bought lexus yet still shopping...

Good luck
    ok, I checked that out and added $1995 for chrome wheels + $695 satellite radio, which comes to $44,275 and 88% of that is $38,962....so I low-balled the guy ($38,500), I guess, but not by too terribly much!! lol! Wonder if he'll call me back?

thnx for the help!
    It seems that you're doing your homework!
    For some reason I thought the satellite radio and chrome wheels were included in these options.
    I still (and this just me without much buying experience) think the $ number you gave was adequate. You may just pick the phone and talk with the internet sale directors (for all 3 dealers in your area), you might also check others out of your area.
    Have you ever gotten the invoices from the dealers and was there much difference in the one provided by edmunds?

Good luck
  • boytboyt Member Posts: 6
    I would like to buy one for that price. Could you give me the location of the dealership and also the contact. Thanks
    I would like to buy one from them. Did you talk to internet sales manager?
    All 3 Park Place Plano, Sewell Dallas & Shreveport Lexus were willing to give to me for $38,500, I talked to Brian Safinow at Park Place extensively also
    oh, and Gerald Jackson-Sewell Dallas, very nice fella!
    How much are the plate, title and documentation fees?

Thanks.
    ballpark, tittle fee about 35, license 60, doc fee 35 in Shreveport, 50 in Dallas
    It looks like a good price.What is the MSRP price. Who is your contact at Putnam?
    Thanks.
    Base MSRP* $34,470.00
    • Standard Features
    Available Packages
    $4,715.00
    • Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology with Additional Options
    - Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology
    - Premium Plus Package
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear-seat side airbags (Available with the Premium and Premium Plus Packages)
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    Accessory Options $0.00
    • Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology Included
    • Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel Included
    • Rear-seat side airbags (Available with the Premium and Premium Plus Packages) Included
    • Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob Included
    • XM® Radio[12] [14] (see dealer)
    Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee†
    $875.00
    Total MSRP** $40,060.00

For XM I was charged $400 and total MSRP was 40,460.

Read yelp review about Putnam to get the sales manager's name since this forum does not allow me to post the info about sales contacts.
    Yelp review is under name "NewLexus N". Also, there are several other reviews about the buying experience with the same manager.

Highly recommended. :)
  • southernlexussouthernlexus Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I have an offer from my local dealer for Lexus ES350 with Premium package with DVD navigation+back up camera+HID lights
    MSRP:41595
    Offer:38171(91%)
    How much shall I ask the car for?
    Your input appreciated.
    I just bought one in Chicago with MSRP $41754 for $37,000.You should offer $37,000.
    Did you not buy your ES350 from Woodfield Lexus? I have been in contact with them and they are telling me they have not sold one for $37,000 with MSRP $41754. Would you let me know what date you purchased your car and if possible who is your contact? Atlest give me their initials if not full name. I have been dealing with MW.

This is what he is offering me:
    Floor Matts
    HID Head Lamps
    Intuitive Parking
    Navigation
    Power Sun Shade
    Premium Pkg
    Rear Seat Air Bags
    Wood Steering Wheel

List Price $41,704.00

Your cost plus all applicable fees $37659.00

Thanks for your help.
  • philly2philly2 Member Posts: 19
    I live in the Philadelphia area and looking to purchase a ES 350 with Premium Plus Package with Additional Options - Level 2. Has anyone in this area purchased one and what price did you pay?
    Initials : MM

date of purchase: 4/25
  • nowfuzednowfuzed Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Can you please tell me the dealer in NJ you got this offer and was it ES350 with nav. And what all options were included.
    Thanks
  • jizankyjizanky Member Posts: 10
    I got a quote of $42,725 out the door for this ES350. It has the below specs + XM and LoJack. Any thoughts? (I live in SoCal so that price includes Tax and Lic)

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 34470.00
    Rear Seat Side Airbags ..................... 250.00
    Full Size Spare ............................ 205.00
    Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00
    Premium Plus Package Includes: ............. 1280.00
    Navigation/Mark Levinson Premium Audio Packag 4250.00
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel .............. 330.00
    Cargo Net .................................. 64.00
    Trunk Mat .................................. 73.00
    Wheel Locks ................................ 73.00
    - Total Acessories .....................$7025.00 Total .......................................: MSRP $ 42370.00
  • lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    It may not be a bad price. What year is it??, If its a 2009, then that's a good deal
    The price is for a 2009, I am just thinking I might be able to get about another 1k off the price. Here is to hoping!
    FYI I got the car for $42,387 that is out the door with XM and Lo Jack which according to the dealer was about $1500 below invoice. the car MSRP was 42,370 (without XM and Lo jack) Best of luck...that price took me work so I hope it was a good one.
  • sravansravan Member Posts: 3
    HI,
    I am in LongIsland area. Looking for a ES 350 with premium package+HID(38k MSRP). The quotes I got so far are 34600$ over the phone from Ray Catina and 35300 from lexus massapequa/rockville. I saw some of the posts here and was amazed that some of them got with navigation for around the same price.

Is my Quoted price OK?

Does anyone bought an ES from this area, Please post your quotes.

How much extra should I expect to pay for including navigation.

Appreciate your time
    Thanks
    skc
  • veluvelu Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for the above car for $37600. The MSRP is $41595. I could not get below that. I thought I should be able to get it for $37000. Any Comment?
    Not sure if the incentives which were in place in April are still same. However, I got the same car back in end of April for 35500 in SF Bay Area. Check my previous post with exact break down of the MSRP. Hopefully you can still bring down the price as the price I got was upfront price without any negotiation whatsoever.
  • sam_peytonsam_peyton Member Posts: 22
    What dealership did you use?
    Lexus of Santa Monica.
    Also, I don't know if you can do better than that, i had a lot of dealers still calling and saying they would beat it by $100 or so...after awhile just not worth it. Especially when some dealers won't give you quotes but will only beat others, at some point I go with the people that play ball.
  • cueball13cueball13 Member Posts: 1
    What would I expect to pay for a 2009 Lexus ES 350 listed for $41,733 with PPP, RSSA, BA, FSS, WLSW and PAP in central KY? Thank you.

base price:34320 Total:$41,733
    rear side airbags:250
    Bluetooth audio:300
    fullsize spare:205
    Premium Plus pkg:1250(MRSP is 2480)
    wood & leather steering wheel:330
    Preferred Acc. PKG:286
    Chrome Wheels:2495
    Rear spoiler:399
    Body side moldings:299
    Chrome trim:495
  • falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    I live in N. Cal and wondering if anyone has recently had any good buying experiences in Sacramento/ Bay area? If so, please email at falconsss@hotmail.com Thanks
  • falcon74falcon74 Member Posts: 67
    Nick- Can you tell me the dealership you bought your ES at? falconsss@hotmail.com thanks.
    I got it $1500 below invoice. So I would say start there.
    I bought it at Putnam Lexus in Redwood City.
    What is the price you paid for the vehicle before tax, title, and license? I don't live in california so my sales tax and other fees will be different than yours. However, if I find a good enough deal I can have the vehicle shipped to me and still be up. So I know you paid $42,387 out the door but could you subtract the sales tax/fees out for me? I appreciate it!
    I contacted the dealership and if I end up buying from there I was going put you down as a reference (in case you get some type of referral bonus). I tried to send you a private message so I could get your info but it says you have not completed your profile so I couldn't. Maybe you can send me a message once you are able to do so.
  • kmbaerkmbaer Member Posts: 20
    Hi all,

My dad's neighbor currently has an '06 ES that will be coming off lease in September. She has top tier credit. She's currently looking at an '09 ES with MSRP of $38,735. What are current Lexus Financial money rates? What would be a reasonable monthy payment for this? We're in the South Florida market. :confuse: ">
    MSRP for the car was $42,370 without XM or Lo Jack. Price for the car with XM and Lo Jack $37,657 + tax/fees 42,387.
  • bwubwu Member Posts: 6
    I bought 2008 ES last June w/Nav/Mark L at $36,377 (MSRP $42,810) in Redwood City and don't know the price is going up or down right now...
    Thats pretty much what I was paying before XM and Lo Jack added to the car. It was 36,300.
  • radioman3radioman3 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to buy or lease a 2009 with premium plus package. Is there anyone from S.C. on this forum who can tell me about their buying experience?
  • nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    Can you please let know which dealership? And did the price you mention include destination fee?