Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi albert72. This is actually the "Prices Paid" ES 350 discussion. There is another discussion for ES 350 Lease Questions. Please post any future questions or comments that you have about leasing an ES there.

Since we're here now, here's the answer to your question. Lexus Financial Services' November / December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 ES 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 model are .00075 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • goldbalgoldbal Member Posts: 10
    I am about to buy a 2010 ES350 for $34921 plus title/taxes/fees without navi in NY area and would be very interested to find out more information about that Boston deal.

Thanks.
  • bbhatbbhat Member Posts: 6
    Is it possible to get a link to the New York and Boston Dealers ?
  • carganstercarganster Member Posts: 6
    watertown lexus it is. herb chamber quote is 35500 (+ tax and fee to 38200) for the model with NAVI.
  • bill11783bill11783 Member Posts: 40
    Thanks carganster for sharing this info. Can you also tell us what is the MSRP on this vehicle?
    Thanks.
    you can go back to my original post to get all the options and price it in edmund. I did it and found MSRP with all the options that menstioned by sales person is about 40k and invoice price about 35900. So they are actually selling the car below invoice. That's why I am a bit nervous given no incentives or marketing support for the current year model. Maybe they are trying to make the sale quote for the end of year or something. But it would be good if someone else can get similar deal.
  • lexhoulexhou Member Posts: 81
    inv should be about 36500 based on what markups are....but this still is very good deal. inv is about 10-10.5 % from msrp....options are bit more.
    did they offer any interest rate incentive.
    congrats
    Very good price indeed.
    BTW, I called both Boston dealerships up and was told that the best they could do was a few hundred bellow invoice.

So, well done! Congrats!
  • bill11783bill11783 Member Posts: 40
    ok...thanks. Just got a similar deal in NY.
    MSRP $40.8k...paid a few hundred under invoice....not sure why the 2010s are being sold at /just below invoice....not complaining.....very pleased.
    Might be some incentive that is going on now.
    yes they offer 2.99% for tie 1 credit which I do have
  • sunrom1sunrom1 Member Posts: 7
    Got 2010 ES350 with Navigation option for 38,300 + TTL from MN. Got a competing offer from a dealer in Wisconsin for 37,700 but did not want to travel 200 miles to pick the car so skipped it. For some reason dealers in California are discounting price on this car big time. Maybe its due to the volume they sell.
  • ar1216ar1216 Member Posts: 8
    can you send me the info on any dealer that is offering the 2010 es350 for under invoice.

thank you
    a
    for right now the 37,500 is a ok deal believe it or not. if you were to wait until the end of december/january/february you could still save an additional $1,500-$1800 more. at 37,500 that car is $2000 above real invoice price. one more thing if this is your first lexus and SOUND QUALITY is a concern for you, I urge you to test it because the base sound system for the es330-es350 since 2003 sucks. The way I look at is like this. very expensive car with a $18.00, no $1,800.00 sound system. I own a 2004 es330 and the only reason I bought it was because it came with the Mark Levinson sound system. And o course it added $4200 more to the price of the vehicle due to the whole package which at that time included the Navigation, sunshade, HID, wood ML sound system, etc.
    way too much that is 100% retail. nobody pay that on anything.
    SOMETHING TO CONSIDER. the invoice prices that appear on the internet are not, I repeat are not the real invoice price, therefore you should not pay any attention to the so called invoice price. If you want the real invoice/cost price for a vehicle get it from CONSUMER REPORT FOR A FEE, it would help you save a few thousands of the MSRP.
    IN MY PAST EXPERIENCE AND IN SEARCH FOR MY NEW 2010 ES350 LAWRENCE LEXUS IN NJ HAS BEEN THE BEST DEALER I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. VERY HONEST, NO SURPRISE WHEN CLOSING THE DEAL AND SO FAR OFFER YOU THE LOWEST PRICE. THERE ARE 2 SALESPERSON YOU CAN CONTACT SAM OR CAROL. IF YOU WANT TO TEST WHAT I AM SAYING GIVE THEM A CALL. JUST TELL YOU ARE SHOPPING AROUND FOR THE BEST PRICE.
    NO. YOU can get the nav. without the ML. WARNING, if you have ML sound system now and dont get it on the 2010, you will be greatly disappointed with your basic sound system. o curse if sound quality is not important to you, then you will be ok. I say this because like you I have the 04 version loaded; because the ML sound system back then included the nav. which I did not care for, however it was part of the upgraded sound system(ML). Now I am also shopping for the 2010 and the basic sound still sucks. So my only option is to go with the UL package. The current vehicle I am looking at has a MSRP of $44138 and my price is 41k even plus $319 for reg. and doc fees and o course taxes. I think this is a ok price. other will say it is excellent. However, I know that if I were to wait for late dec/jan/feb could save me an additional $1800. Good luck in your search!
  • looking21looking21 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone advice me on what should I pay for the es350 with the UL package? in the state of CT, NY, NJ, MA

thank you for your help
  • lexhoulexhou Member Posts: 81
    dont have ml version currently.....would really like to have on 2010 pkg currently looking at......just dont care for the panaramic roof though. kind of frustrated you can only get w/ UL pkg and not with prem pkg--nav.
    I feel the same way as you do. Lexus gets away with murder by packaging options the way they do. I couldn't care less for the panoramic roof or the nav. I'll be very happy without the nav and the big roof. the nav is so replaceable with a portable at a fraction of the cost. everything else I am ok with
  • desponddespond Member Posts: 12
    Yeah, that's what I am doing now. I made the mistake with some to let them know what other dealers were offering and this got me to only match it. New dealers I have contacted, I don't say anything about what I want. Just say what you mentioned
  • strupsstrups Member Posts: 4
    I received a quote from Maplewood Lexus (MN).
    MSRP - $43,985 Ultra Luxury, Nav/Mark Levinson/Intuit Parking Assist, Preferred accessory Package
    Quote $41,735 + Fees + Tax

In addition to the above price I would probably add the following Dealer add ons: 3M Protection - City Package & Bodyside Moldings +$1458.00

Pricing seems high. Any comments?
  • suraja12suraja12 Member Posts: 8
    i had paid 40,500 plus fees plus taxes for ultra luxury MSRP of 44094.00 in illinois
    i think they should do better
    Just took a delivery of 2010 ES350, Tungsten Pearl/gray, non-navigation car with
    Full Size Spare Tire
    Heated and Venilated front seats
    High Intensity Dicharge Headlamps
    Wood & Leather steering wheel
    Preferred Accessory Package.

MSRP: $37.875
    Negotiated price: $34.666 (same as published invoice price) (plus tax/registration)

Bought from Ray Catena Lexus of Larchmont, New York.
  • winniehwinnieh Member Posts: 1
    2010 ES350 Starfire Pearl / Parchment
    with Full Size Spare tire
    Heated and Venilated Front Seats
    Preferred Accessory Package
    Tinted windows

MSRP $36, 730 + $495 Tinted Window
    I paid $36,000 included NYC Tax.
    Thx for the pricing update. I agreed to $41235 (MSRP $43,985)plus $1128 for side molding and complete 3M protectiong (MSRP of $1458. Prices do not include license & tx. Now waiting for them to find the colors I prefer: Cashmere with black interior.
    Btw, here is the web site that might be quite useful when researching prices for Lexus since it provides a pre-negotiated price quote. I am sure price can be negotiated even lower, but it might be a good start.

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/new-car.html
  • sfbayarea1sfbayarea1 Member Posts: 2
    I paid $36.5+fees (total 40,472) last week for a smoky granite/light gray 2010 ES350 with these options: nav, heated seats, park assist, wood/leather steering wheel, power rear sunshade, fullsize spare, rear-lip spoiler, wheel locks, cargo net, rear-bumper applique, cargo mat. This is in SF bayarea (Fremont).
  • suraja12suraja12 Member Posts: 8
    what was the MSRP for this car
  • lex_uslex_us Member Posts: 6
    I just signed the contract for this deal in Massachusetts. Can't wait to receive the car.
    The only thing I'm contemplating is, if it's worth adding the pre-collision and dynamic radar. I think this was a good price, agree ?

Peace,
  • luclongleluclongle Member Posts: 2
    I was just at the Lexus dealership in Maplewood, MN today and got a quote for $39,990 for the '10 ES350 with nav. I thought this was high and after seeing your post, it definitely is. Is this the dealership you went to?
    I am purchasing from Maplewood Lexus
    I received a 2nd quote for '10 ES350 with Nav for 38,800. However I am going to purchase with Levinson and Ultra package and $41235
  • luclongleluclongle Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from a dealership in Chicago since I will be there next week they offered me 38,016. After I forwarded this to my dealer, he seemed outraged and said that their business would not survive if he gave me that price. Good to know that you were offered $1100 less than my "best offer" of 39,900.
  • sfbayarea1sfbayarea1 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP was 40630
  • desponddespond Member Posts: 12
    Today I got a price from a dealer:
    2010 ES 350
    With navigation
    MSRP: $40,630
    Your Selling Price: $35,931
    Out The Door Total: $39,642.53
    Includes 8.75% sales tax

Includes options:
    Full Size Spare Tire with 17-inch Alloy Wheel 205.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats .......... 640.00
    Power Rear Sunshade ........................ 210.00
    Navigation System .......................... 2465.00
    Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob . 330.00
    Rear Lip Spoiler ........................... 319.00
    Preferred Accessory Package: ............... 286.00

Based on Edmund it's below invoice by $600+

What do you all think? The best I had gotten before this was 40,100 OTD
  • msj09msj09 Member Posts: 32
    I would say go for it, Despond. Looks like a great price to me. (you can reference Bayarea1 above for a direct comparison). Enjoy!
    do you mind to share which dealer this is? thank you!
  • frank56342frank56342 Member Posts: 3
    can you share your dealer info with me. I am in Dallas TX
    I am buying a new ES 350 base model with leather seat in Dallas, TX. Can anybody tell me what is the best deal I can get, and dealer info.
    My email: xinqingfan@hotmail.com
    EXCELLENT DEAL!. HOW DID YOU GET IT?
  • platano1platano1 Member Posts: 2
    I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO GET THE DEALER TO LOWER PRICE TO INVOICE I DO NOT WANT TO PAY THOSES .DEALER FEES / PROTECTION PGK FEES AND NONE OF THAT STUFF ANY SUGESTIONS PEOPLE? :shades:
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Figure out what the dealer truly paid for the car. You can do it on Consumer Reports or even on Edmonds. KNOW what you are talking about so you can have bargaining power. I think consumer reports recommends you offer 3% above what they paid for the car. You must remember the dealer usually gets bonuses if they order X amount of cars, or sell X amount, so even when you figured out how much they paid, the amount might even be less.

I would also check with other dealerships. If you are going to save money it might be worth it to drive out of town to buy a new car.

Good luck
  • cjs57cjs57 Member Posts: 7
    No Nav, a few basic options, 1 local owner, clean Carfax, mint car, really low miles, certified from a Lexus dealer. I don't want to pay for UL or ML or Nav anyway. Or should I go for a new 2010?
    I am currently quoted $34,866 for a 2010 with a sticker of $37,875 and destination is included. So I am getting about $3,000 off the sticker price. I think if I can get it for another $500 lower I will proceed. Has anyone heard of a better deal?
    Can you tell me where your dealer is, who is the rep. This is a great price for me already.

Thanks,

xinqingfan@hotmail.com
  • azuluazulu Member Posts: 20
    If this is without NAV, then it should be cheaper. A dealer offered me $33069 (including destination) for a new 2010 ES350. Tax was extra.

Location SF bay Area.
    I bought the same model in the end of Nov from Ray Catena Lexus of Larchmont, NY:

MSRP: $37.875
    Negotiated price: $34.666
  • salexandsalexand Member Posts: 3
    Sorry all. I don't login frequently here. I hope I'm not too late. Not sure if it's ok to post details here, so shoot me an email at salexand g---m--(--)--a--i--l dotcom (remove all the dashes and brackets).

The exact configuration I'm getting for 38622 is:
    Ultra-Luxury Package
    + Semi-aniline leather-trimmed interior (Parchment)
    + Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    + Heated and ventilated front seats
    + Driver's seat power cushion extender
    + Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    + Panorama Glass Roof
    + Power rear sunshade
    + High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
    + Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    + 17 x 7.0-in 10-spoke Liquid Graphite-finish alloy wheels [22]
    + Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel [22]

Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Package
    + HDD Navigation System including voice command, color LCD display with integrated backup camera & Enhanced Bluetooth® technology
    + XM NavTraffic, XM NavWeather, XM Sports and Stocks. Subscription required. 90-day trial subscription included
    + Lexus Enform offers Destination Assist and eDestination. Subscription required. One-year trial subscription
    + Mark Levinson® 14-speaker, 300-watt @ less than 0.1% THD 20-20,000 Hz Premium Surround Sound Audio System with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single-feed, six-disc DVD/CD auto-changer

Intuitive Parking Assist
    Cargo Net
    Wheel locks

Peace,
    Salexand, I sent you and email like you said. Please let us know how/lwhere you got such a great price!
  • vicduvicdu Member Posts: 3
    This is exactly the car I want. It has the nav package right (since you mentioned Mark Levinson)? I got a quote for $40,600 w/c included the accessory package ($286). You got a great price! Did you get the car as quoted?