Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    thisisnutsthisisnuts Member Posts: 15
    Not sure if I'm following your comment of price increase. You indicate there was a price increase, "but still below what msrp was on 2009".

In NYC a dealer has this:
    Vehicle Base Model..........................$35175.00
    Total Accessories............................$2200.00

Vehicle Base Model..........................$35175.00
    FS: Full Size Spare Tire with 17" Alloy Wheel......205.00
    HH: Heated and Ventilated Front Seats..............640.00
    HL: High Intensity Discharge Headlamps.............815.00
    Dual-swivel Adaptive Front Lighting System (A
    WU: Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob.....330.00
    Z1: Preferred Accessory Package:...................210.00

Total Accessories.............................2200.00
    Destination Charge.............................875.00

Total........................................38250.00

Following the deals in this forum, as of Dec 2009, a hot deal was $34,000 not including tax, TTL & reg. But that was off the old MSRP of $34,800 + same options listed above.

What would be a reasonable deal for what I listed above?
    Edmunds.com TMV indicates: $35,470.00.
  • Options
    lexhoulexhou Member Posts: 81
    You should be able to get veh for in betw 34,600 - 35,200.
    Tmv is an avg and very generous towards Dealer side.

worse case you should be able to get 8 % disc to 9.5 % off msrp and the deal is fair for both sides...they still make some money and you get a decent deal on car. I would shoot for 34800 --which is 9% disc very acheivable.

Your not getting any high end options ex--nav, mark levison so the fluff-markup is not as high. Invoice --what they have on paper is about 9-9.5% off msrp......they still have 2% holdback & other incentives to make money on deal.
    Again worse case wouldn't take less than 8% disc...so if you start @ 9% or 9.5 you can have some negotiating from there. be prepared and consistent....good luck. where are you looking to purchase ?
  • Options
    Hey thanks.
    The dealer is Bay Ridge Lexus in Brooklyn, NY.

On 02/12/10 I did some number crunching on a site..truecar.com...that produced the results: Great Price, less than $35,252; Good price, less than $36,114. Today that same site shows the base is $36.050, while edmunds and the lexus dealerships sites show $35.175. Go figure.
  • Options
    base price is now $ 35,175....not sure where the other fig came from.

I've agreed on a 9.4% disc from msrp..of 41,501......getting nav and all the options that come with the prem plus pkg. Car is coming in 2 weeks...on boat.

Tell them where you need to be bottom line price and remember if credit is Excellent you can also get 2.9 % financing through Lexus Financial...good time to Purchase. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    msj09msj09 Member Posts: 32
    A dealer told me that if you agree to finance thru Lexus Financial Services at 2.9% that Lexus will make your first payment, up to $550, for you.

Where are you located, lexhou? I am in the SF bay area.
  • Options
    I'm in Houston area....but purchasing from dealer in Dallas...they stepped up and earned my business. 2010 es350 prem plus/ nav/ all options except ul option....for some reason UL pkg is very hard to find in this region..so went w/o mark levinson stereo which I really wanted. Mine is actually suppose to be arriving in Long Beach ( port ) Ca this weekend and from there be in Dallas about 2 weeks. I'm already qualified for 2.9% doing everything upfront over ph and email. Havent heard of 1st payment offer will have to inquire on that, I'm very surprised how they dont advertise even 2.9 very heavy...you have to do your homework to even know about about it.

Are you looking to purchase or have you recently ?
  • Options
    I am looking to buy very soon. Fortunately, the west coast deals are pretty good. First offers are running about 12.5% under MSRP for ES350s with Nav. (about $1,000 below invoice). I was surprised to hear the dealer say that Lexus would make the first payment......I cannot find that anywhere on the web but, hey, I would take it as long as I can pay off the loan quickly w/o penalty. I will be asking to see it in writing when I go in. I posted here so that people can inquire.
  • Options
    lexhou,

Is it that there were none available on the dealers lot, or you prefer having a more recent build by ordering from Japan.
  • Options
    Wow. Yes they're offer is considerably better than what you get down here.....maybe bacause of the closer destination once they come in U.S.....less transportation chg has to be absorbed. Dealer's here start off offering about 6- % maybe if you show you know a little bit. It took me letting them know I had done extensive reasearch acrooss the board to get 9.5 % off Msrp....VERY SATISFIED with deal considering what most es350 are being sold in this region. The east Coast seems to be more in line with us also. West coast little too far for me to do biz....would eat savings on gas, mileage, hotel etc.. I did see on Lexus website if you go under specials the 550, 650, etc 1st month offer but ES was not part of deal....but going to ask anyway. Let us know how you come out. Looking frwd to p/u mine soon.
  • Options
    No, it was just the color I wanted isn't there with Nav/ prem plus pkg.....but one was coming in assigned to them so he grapped for me and assigned it to me. So will very new as far as manuf date I guess.
    Supposed TO BE ARRIVING in Ca port this w/e then soon headed to Tx.

Dont mind waiting for right one.
  • Options
    What color are you getting, lexhou? The UL packages are very rare on the west coast although I do notice that there are a couple in the bay area. One might think a panoramic sunroof would sell well on the sunny west coast but apparently not. There are, however, many cars with the much sought after rear bumper applique here. ;) (obviously a money maker for them).
  • Options
    Msj.
    black sapphire ( very dark blue ) with parchment int. The Lexus website doesn't do good job of when you click the black sapphire...looks more like bright blue on their website. I'm very partial to Black...wife drive 2007 black suv-toyota suquoya and daughter has 2007- blk honda civic . I dont mind the work that it takes to keep dk veh's clean...plus with daughter now freshman in college both carsd will be in garage and she even has garage @ Univ Texas so it goes a long way to keeping a very clean look on black cars.....anyway decided to stray a little bit with back sapphire color goes well with the parchment--tan-cashmire interior.

just sold my 2004 - es330 - black of course that I had 6 yrs - only owner.
  • Options
    djkimdjkim Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2010
    Lexhou
    Could you email me the dealer name and salesperson info?
    I live in Houston too.
    You got decent deal and I aam willing to go there to pickup...
    djkim2453@gmail.com
    Thanks.
  • Options
    bp1203bp1203 Member Posts: 2
    2010 ES350, Nav, MSRP of 41,215. Got a quote of 37,600. Philadelphia area. Is this a good deal? Also got a remote start through the dealer for 500. I think I got a good deal, but I'm not sure. Please share your thoughts-thanks.
  • Options
    abuyusufabuyusuf Member Posts: 4
    Just got mine from a dealer on East Coast.

MSRP 41215
    Neg Price: $36,300
  • Options
    Yes that appears to be a very good deal, of course someone out there always got something little better...but imo that is very good deal.

Mine is msrp @ 41,501 ....built same as yours but later ship date ( reflects price increase ) got 9.5% disc and 2.9 % interest. ...so you're very close to that #, you may have little neg. left....maybe have them throw in tint if you desire but I wouldnt hesitate especially if you are purchasing and can qualify for 2.9 % interest that is chunk of money saved there.

Good luck...let us know...will update mine sooon also hopefully.
  • Options
    that is imo in the great deal category...will settle for very good...but Congrats...that is excellent
  • Options
    I see on lease forum you leased it. Not that it isn't good but in leases lot of others factors go into equation then just what price selling veh---ex your 36,300. Agian it's just not even comparison to compare to one who just neg. price for straight purchase an addition to very attractive int rate so very little interest will pd over 3 yr purch agreement. Just my thoughts.

I'm sure overall it was a good transaction on Lease deal...Congrtas
  • Options
    jimmy2xjimmy2x Member Posts: 124
    Looks like the exact car i purchased several weeks ago from Wilkie for $37,700. Much better than from Thompson. Frankly, my main concern was not getting screwed on the price. Don't think I was, and do not think you are either. BTW, this was a purchase with a trade. Trade-in value was exactly what I figured it was (Edmunds) and was basically confirmed at two Lexus dealers and one Nissan dealer.
  • Options
    rashmi_jainrashmi_jain Member Posts: 10
    can you email me the dealer info please
  • Options
    can you email me the dealer info please

Replying to: bp1203 (Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm)

Just got mine from a dealer on East Coast.

MSRP 41215
    Neg Price: $36,300

Replies to this message:
    lexhou (Feb 15, 2010 4:19 pm)
    lexhou (Feb 15, 2010 5:20 pm)
    rashmi_jain (Feb 16, 2010 10:38 am)
  • Options
    bp1203bp1203 Member Posts: 2
    WOW-Where did you purchase? 36,300 is a steal.

For my Wilkie friend, we went to Lexus of Wilmington. Car should arrive next week. Nav, HID headlamps, etc. Also got a remote start in the deal.
    BTW: Does the bottom of the doors have chrome trim or is that just the ultra luxury package?
  • Options
    kmk6933kmk6933 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking for a base model ES350. What price should I be getting? I'm located in Los Angeles. Thanks!
  • Options
    abuyusufabuyusuf Member Posts: 4
    Thanks.

1. Selling price was same for Leasing and financing, no difference.

2. It was at silver spring
  • Options
    pr0jectpr0ject Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2010
    Anyone have any dealer info for a good dealer in socal that is willing to give out deals. I am looking to buy but I have not found a good dealer yet. I am looking for a white one with NV and UL package in white.
  • Options
    New 2010 ES350
    Navigation, heated & ventilated front seats, IPA, wood & leather steering wheel, power rear sunshade, preferred accessory pkg, and full-size spare tire.
    MSRP $40,686
    neg price: $34,812 +taxes + registration + usual $55 doc fee.

Man, what a smooth ride!
  • Options
    cakatecakate Member Posts: 2
    Dealing on an ES 350 in central CA/LA ... quoted OTD at $35,689. Heat/ven seats. No nav.

Sounds fair to me, but I'm new in this game. Deal or no deal?
  • Options
    drd8drd8 Member Posts: 9
    I'm interested in purchasing 2010 ES base. The MSRP is $38011/quote from Park Place Lexus (internet sales) in Plano (Dallas), Texas $34,382. Deal or No Deal???
  • Options
    how much was the car without TTL? Sounds good to me....i have a quote of $34,382 without TTL. I think I can get lower quote...I'm located DFW, Texas.
  • Options
    cakatecakate Member Posts: 2
    I just asked them for an OTD price.
    TTL would run about $3000ish.
  • Options
    sounds like a good to me....thanks!
  • Options
    hey msj09 do you have the quote info or the bill of sale you'd be willing to send me?
    I am interested in the same car and would like to get the same deal.
    please contact me peter[at]concordec.com
  • Options
    willing to share where ou got the deal from please?
    monajain99 @ hotmail.com
  • Options
    Hook it up msj09, lemme know where you got your car peter@concordec.com
  • Options
    Hook it up msj09, lemme know where you got your car. I am also in the bay area
  • Options
    PrOject and Rashmi_Jain,

I have sent you both emails.
    I got the car from Magnussen Lexus in Fremont, CA.
  • Options
    krishnarkrishnar Member Posts: 12
    Is this car have the ultra luxury package? It appears to me that you have got a price which is about $3500 less than the carsdirect price. Can you tell me exactly what you have on this car? I would like to get an ES350 with similar options.

Thanks

Krishna
  • Options
    I listed what the car has in my post #2332 (the preferred accessory pkg 2 includes wheel locks, cargo net, cargo mat and rear bumper applique). The price I got was about $2,400 under the carsdirect.com price. Sometimes carsdirect has a decent price, sometimes not. You can almost always do better.

It does NOT have the UL package......that would bring the MSRP up to over $44K.

good luck!
  • Options
    kitnckitnc Member Posts: 4
    I just bought a new one for a good deal ( I think) for just below $34K. The sale man was very professional. Thanks for the post of #2264 by quannoname. Most of negotiation was done over the phone. I and the director sale person were kind of agreed on the price over the phone but when I came there to do the paper work. He was tried to get an extra $100 from me. We talked and talked. I was mad and walked out the show room. He called me back to do the deal. I was about to forget it and move on but I thought the deal was great so I hold my anger to save money from other dealers. Just use your buying power. He said something which I did not expect from Lexus. The sale person was definitely great. My car has the following options:
    FS: Full Size Spare Tire
    HH: Heated Front Seats
    Z2 : Cargo nets,mat, wheel lock and rear bumper applique
    WU: Wood & Leather Shift Knob
    PA: Intuitive Parking Sensor
    HN: SunShade Rear
    LR: Rear Spoiler
    Plus 2 tint back windows for my kids and wife. He was tried to get $100 to plit for this cost.
    The total MSRP: $38500. I got for $35500 out of door price which included tax, doc fee, DMV fee all the fee. My car is still in the shop and waiting to tint the windows on Monday. If you wait until end of march, you can get better deal than me. But you never know. If you live around NC state, I can recommend to the sale person. Thanks for previous posted to help me save some money.
  • Options
    hw03hw03 Member Posts: 9
    I'm located in FL and looking to purchase a 2010 ES350 with the VN and UL package. I've been told the UL package is nearly impossible to find and will need to order and will take approx 2 months. Has anyone else experienced the same problem trying to find the UL package? I just don't understand why Lexus is making this option so rare?
  • Options
    HW03...I experience same problem here in Texas region...few & far betw having the UL on the dealer lot. I;m LIKE YUOU not sure why it's the case...anyway I'm purchasing aloaded prem plus with all options including lip spoiler, clear sheled. Will p/u mine in 2 weeks it was coming in on ship....wanted the black sapphire/ cashmire and he had one coming in. Actually live in Houston area but purchasing veh in Dallas.
    good luck with your search.
  • Options
    lexhou,

What is the "prem plus" package? I don't see it listed as an option. Picking up in 2 weeks sounds reasonable...lots better than the 2 months I'm being told. I haven't ordered yet and will be visiting 1 of only 2 Lexus dealers in the area next week. If you dont mind me asking, what kind of price did they quote you? I'm hoping not to give more than 39,600 if I can get the UL option and the VN option.
  • Options
    hw03....prem plus usually comes pkged w/ Nav package....msrp is @ 41250 or 41501 depending on when it came on lot...was a price increase. have you been to a dealer yet...you will get alot more comfortable with options...only comes in 2-3 options not counting ul pkg as we said cant find much in our respective areas

I added lip[ spoiler..like very much so my msrp is @ 41820.....got just over 4,000 off msrp which I consider a very good deal..very happy with transaction. didnt actually order mine is was coming from japan to dealer on their inventory sheet ( wanted black sapphire ) so he assigned vehicle to me once agreement was made. did evrything over ph/email being dealership is in Dallas and Im in suburbs of Houston.,. THESE are some of codes assigned to veh...BE..FS..NV..PT..WU..LR..Z2. Having tint & clear sheild-3m product to frnt hood, side mirrors, side frnt panels ( highly reccomend on dk color) done by individual who does work for Lexus dealer. good luck ..let us know how you come out.
  • Options
    lexhou, Thanks for all the info...I really appreciate it. I'm going to review your codes and look at the options again. Think I'll visit the dealer and see what one looks like without the UL package which seems impossible to get. Due to an accident totaling my wife's 03 model I really don't want to wait 2 months.

Keep me updated to on how it works out for you and I'll do the same.
  • Options
    radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    Was at my local dealer yesterday getting my 2009 ES looked at and saw two 2010 ES350'S with UL package VN, PA and preferred acc package One was Black sapphire and other was Satin cashmere. I wish we would have waited for 2010 to come out plenty of stock at local dealer from base to UL models.Good luck on your search they are out there.
  • Options
    quanonamequanoname Member Posts: 16
    man you make me jalous :-(
    you got more options and pay way less out the door price.
    good job!
  • Options
    quanonamequanoname Member Posts: 16
    so you know your odds of getting one
    read post# 2266, only 3% build with UL package
  • Options
    Radar.....where are you located.
  • Options
    radar6radar6 Member Posts: 28
    I am located in the northeast(Mass). Timing is everything when we were looking in July there wasn't a good selection due to all the factories shutting down due to the economy. We were lucky getting color we were looking for(they had no UL's on lot at the time). Dealer is large they sell 350 plus new Lexus a month on average so they probably get allocated more cars that's why they have had UL packages. I saw two others there last month when I got my 5000 mile service. These on the lot now were built after the first of the year. Wish I could pick up Black sapphire one its a nice looking car!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    kinda thought you might be on East Coast...that seems to be only area where they are putting the UL pkg, not sure why. You can't find them down ..Tx AREA for nothing. Your killing me with the black sapphire--ul pkg it's the exact one I wanted but no where to be found around here...so I settled for loaded prem plus/nv and all access...pretty much everything but the ML sound..really wanted, roof..not big deal...upgraded leather--believe comes with UL pkg . the prem plus pkg has an upgraded leather so that part is ok. Still excited about p/u veh very soon..counting days. what color did you purchase and again what does it have on it.