Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• stevewilson1stevewilson1 Member Posts: 21
    That's a great deal for NAV (I live in tiny town so don't need NAV). The San Fran dealer I've been working with has now quoted 2011 ES350 MSRP $37,861 at $37,300 OTD (includes 9.5% CA tax I have to pay to drive back to WA). 1.9% financing on 2011 vs 4.9% for 2010. Car would cost same due to interest savings so 2011 makes sense (plus 2011 uses regular vs premium gas which will provide addl savings). Both these cars would cost substantially more in WA. I'm convinced the four WA Lexus dealers are in silent collusion (no evidence of course!)
    Update on deal. 2011 ES350 MSRP $38,861 w/out Nav $33,800 plus throwing in chrome wheel package that retails $2500...dealer cost $1200. Will ship to me for $600. I'll pay WA taxes which are 1% less than CA.

This is better deal than Seattle dealers were giving me on 2010. Seattle Buyers: Do your due diligence and at least call CA dealers. I've been working with Serramonte and Van Nuys and they have both been excellent.
  • quachtinhquachtinh Member Posts: 3
    can you tell where you got the deal, I have couple appointments today with local San Jose dealer, the price they gave me was 34743 before Tax & lic
    Hi,

It's Lexus of Serramonte but I know they were going through some sort of a move to a brand new showroom? so you may want to call in advance to check on location (I've never actually been there...I'm doing everything over the phone since I'll likely ship car).

Ask for JB and good luck! (by the way, my name's not Steve and I'm female...I'll let JB know that you may be in touch)
    For clarification, Serramonte did not offer chrome package. Van Nuys did (but I don't really care for the chrome package one way or another).
    Another clarification. I redid math and I believe price is $34000 before document fee, registration and taxes. I haven't made final decision if I'll fly down and pick up car (in which case I pay CA taxes) or ship it up.
    I just got one 2011 ES350 White / Grey

Z2 Cargo net, Trunk Mat, Weel locks and rear bumper Applique
    FS 17"Full Size Spare Alloy
    HH Heated and ventilated front seat
    HN Power rear Sunshade
    NV Navigation
    PA Intuitive parking assist
    WU Wood and leather Steering well and Shift Knob
    BM Body side Moldings
    LR Rear lip spoiler
    MSRP 41564 pay 36330 + TAX Lic Dealer gave me free 10K service.

Fremont CA
    when dealing with Fremont & Steven G. California, for 2011 they accepted 5K off from MSRP, buyer will pay sell tax belong to the rate of resident address on driver license
    I would have great deal on car with NAV but I just don't need it and don't want to spend extra $$$ (I'm cheap!) I went with the MSRP 37,861 vehicle. Apparently, JB at Lexus of Serramonte has been getting calls from all over the states including New York because of these posts. My car is getting shipped next week. I'm so glad I went with 2011 vs 2010.

Washington state buyers...again, do your due diligence in terms of pricing. I am certain the three WA dealers (Bellevue, Lynnwood, Tacoma) are in cahoots. You'll do much better with CA dealers (Reno and Portland came close but not enough). Once you purchase, any Lexus dealer will be happy to do any warranty, recall or maintenance work on your vehicle so no worries there. Good luck!
  • charliern9charliern9 Member Posts: 22
    Is there a noticeable price difference between the 2010 and 2011's. Anyone in the Atlanta area have any experience yet with a lease on a 2011?
  • phjeepphjeep Member Posts: 10
    4 weeks ago I picked up a 2010 ES350 .sticker price was $38326 including all options and delivery processing and handling. No NAV. I am paying $449.21 a month for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles a year I put down the first month $700 bank fee and the reg fees Total down was $1367.09. Did I get a good deal? I think I did .Can anyone please confirm my hunch. Gross Capitalized cost was $31608.82
  • quanonamequanoname Member Posts: 16
    IMO and purchasing experience back in 2010, unless you have the need to buy the car right away, otherwise you are better off buying in next year. the car you want will cost less or with more options and cost about the same price.
    check posting # 2266, 2264, 2259, 2272 and up you will see many was able to purchase the same car with more options and still cost less!!

good luck
  • rogianorovrogianorov Member Posts: 3
  • rogianorovrogianorov Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone!
    I am looking for 2010 ES 350 leftovers.
    Very basic. No NAV and all extra things.
    For how much is it realistically to drive one out considering $1000 Manufacturer to customer and $3000 Manufacturer to Dealer.
    Thanks.
  • rhk1rhk1 Member Posts: 20
    Looking to purchase a 2011 ES350 in South Florida this week and would like to find out what the most common options are on the ES350's that are already on the dealers lots.

I'm looking for one with Nav and backup cam and wondered what other options most often pre-selected on those cars.

If anyone has the current residual value for 10k, 12k and 15k miles per year, 36 month lease and top tier money factor that would be great info too.
    Thanks,
    Rob
  • sooznaplessooznaples Member Posts: 13
    Best placy to buy JM Lexus, Chris Ferrell, best deal best price. No other dealer comes close.
  • t123456t123456 Member Posts: 1
    I negotiated prices online / by phone with multiple dealers. Established a breaking point where the dealers stopped responding to my offers.

Walked into Newport Beach Lexus on 12/24/10 and drove off in a 2011 ES350. Obsidian with parchment leather with Navigation System. Pretty much had everything - heated seats, sunroof, full size spare, etc. MSRP was $40,095.

Paid $39,500 OTD (tax, license, fees all included).

Best buying experience ever! Although I am pretty sure that I could have knocked 1 or 2 hundred off the price. I hate haggling at the dealership. Internet is a wonderful thing. The key is getting the online dealers to quote a price in email print so you can play them off one another. Also you can cast a wider net to get the best deal.
  • vt2010vt2010 Member Posts: 13
    It is a best buy (Price, timing)
    Can you let me know the price before tax, license, fees, etc ?
    Thanks
  • depodmundsdepodmunds Member Posts: 6
    hi can you tell me what the price was before TTL?
    thanks.
    edited February 2011
    Here's the deal I got at the very end of 2010 for a 2011 ES 350 including Full Size Spare, Heated & Ventilated front seats, HID Lights, Intuitive Parking Assist (parking sensors), NAV, Power Rear Sunshade, Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel, Preferred Accessory Package Z2.

MSRP $41,861. Invoice $38208. My price before TTL $36,928.50. My price included a $1000 discount from Lexus as a returning Lexus customer loyalty program. It also included the dealer fees. The additional fee to lease through Lexus was another $700 on top of my price and included a 59% residual and .00155 money factor for 36 month, 10k miles, with teir 1+ credit.
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Without state tax what is your monthly payment once the dust settled with all the discounts,etc?
    $458.50 w/o state tax
  • mrguugosmrguugos Member Posts: 1
    Dear rhk1,

Just to be clear, you were able to lease a brand new es350 for 458/month for 36 months and all you had to pay was state sales tax ? I am turning in a 2005 es 350 that was on lease and is coming in 10k miles under. wonder what I can get for a new lease. Thanks.
    My monthly is $458 + 6.5% tax = $488 and change per month out the door final. No money down just first month's payment at signing. One big part of the savings was the $1000 Rebate/Credit from Lexus for buying/leasing another Lexus. I turned in my 2008 ES 330 when I got this one. Another major factor was negotiating the 'Dealer Fee' down to $0 by having them lower the price of the car by the same amount of the 'Dealer Fee'. Dealers will never waive the dealer fee but if they want to they can lower the price of the car by the same amount as the dealer fee.
  • guugosguugos Member Posts: 10
    Thank you. I went to the Chicago car show today to narrow down my choices and the Lexus is still on top of my list. Loaded with this information, I should be able to get into a new es with no out of pocket. Thanks.
  • leithroadleithroad Member Posts: 3
    Looking in Towson, MD area for new ES 350 Sedan with Nav. Received price of $40,300 on the road with $3,000 down. Can I do better?
    Thanks for any advice.
    Although I did not buy in this area I have dealt with the Internet dept at Lexus of Towson, MD by email and phone and found them to be honest and very price competitive.

What is the MSRP and options for the model you are looking at? Is your price for a lease or finance?

Always negotiate on an outright cash purchase with no trade in. After you get the deal you want work on the financing or leasing then deal with the trade in at the very end.
  • redline122redline122 Member Posts: 67
    I am getting pricing on the 2011 ES with Ultra Luxury at $39480. The sticker is $45220. Is this a good price or could I do better?
  • car20car20 Member Posts: 12
    I am looking at purchasing a 2009 350 ES with 24,000 miles..what I am wonderwing is what is the max i should look to pay it is fully loaded with NAV. I have him down to $27,500 but thinking I should be able to get for $26K does anyone know?
  • mgeomgeo Member Posts: 1
    That doesn't sound too bad - but I'm certainly no expert. I've been hoping I could find one with ML/Nav but without the UL package - they just don't make them that way. I tried to configure one on paper with all the options I would want (including some UL features, like the HID, vent. seats, wood trim), and the invoice for my "ideal" vehicle (if it existed) was around $39.5K. Still about $5-6K more than a comparably equipped Avalon, which is also on my list. Can I ask who quoted you that price?
    Try truecar.com it is great for new car pricing..you enter in all your options on the right and then it goes to 3 best priced dealers..and they you can either go to them..or print off your voucher...and get your local one to match it. Huge savings can be found under invoice.
  • lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    Actually $27, 500 is not too bad. I have an 2009 Nav/park assist, but my miles are much less than that. If you can get $26, then go for it, but that's another $1500 off, so it might be dicey.
  • coder4lifecoder4life Member Posts: 4
    Hello folks,

I recently bought a 2011 Lexus ES350 at Putnam Lexus in SF Bayarea for $36,000. MSRP sticker price was $41,900. It has navigation, power rear sunshade, LCD display for backup camera, parking assist, wood and leather steering wheel, preferred acc. package, leather trim, and spoiler. It's not UL package. They called it Navigation package.

I also got a $1000 discount as a current owner of another Lexus vehicle.

Other dealers in the bayarea were quoting $37,000 for the same package.

No haggling was done. I requested a quote from all dealers in my area using truecar.com and just picked the lowest. This price is about $1200 below invoice per edmunds.com and truecar.com.

This was my easiest car purchase ever. It was like buying an iPad at Bestbuy. :)
    That is a great deal and should set the bar for anyone else looking at the same car. Did you buy or lease? What was the dealer fee?
    What is dealer fee? I can' find it in my sale contract. My total OTD price is $39k = $35999 + tax + dmv + license fees + doc fees + CA tire fees - $1k loyalty discount. The $1k loyalty discount is after tax.

I purchased the car.
    What was your doc fee? Sometimes dealers build their profit into the doc fee instead of or in addition to a dealer fee.
    edited March 2011
    Hello rhk1,

Here's the breakdown of my cost:

Cash price: $35,999
    Doc fee: $55
    CA Sales tax: $3,335
    DMV fee: $29
    License fees: 415
    Registration fee: $90
    CA tire fees: $9
    Loyalty discount: ($1000)
    No trade-in

Total out the door: $38,932

I made a 60% down payment and financed the remainder through Lexus/Toyota corp at 2.9%. I'm not sure if this had any effect on the price because when I was quoted the cash price of $35,999+Tax+fees, they did not know my payment terms and if I was eligible for loyalty discount.

Also, the mileage on the car was 85 miles. It looks like this had been in their inventory for quite a while before the purchase that was why they gave a good deal (?) just to get rid of it. This is just my theory because in my previous car purchases, they were all less than 10 miles.
    edited March 2011
    > I hate haggling at the dealership. Internet is a wonderful thing. The key is getting the online dealers to quote a price in email print

I agree. Get a quote by email from several dealerships. Research the prices at online sites like Edmunds.com or Truecar.com and compare. Make sure the prices refer to the same package or options. This is one of the tricks dealers employ to make it difficult for you to compare prices. While you may be getting a lower price quote from one dealer, it may not be the same car from another dealer.

It is really hard to find the lowest price out there because it depends on so many factors including time of year and day of the month. The best thing you can do is get a quote from several dealers. It's like bidding, thus forcing your sellers to compete. If you can get four or more quotes, it is likely that you'll get competitive pricing, thus, would be getting a good deal.

Some dealers don't like to make a quote by email. I think one reason to this is that they are afraid you might bring this to another dealer and ask them to match the offer. If they can't make a quote by email, call them up and at least get a verbal quote.

Another reason why they won't make a quote in email is because this is pretty much a closed deal for them and would not have any more chance to increase their profit when you visit them. The verbal quote is tricky because they wanted you to come to the dealership and once there, they can use all their sales tactics in getting you to buy the car you were not originally quoted. Don't fall for this. Prepare to walk away if you can't get them to honor their original quote. It's called bait-and-switch tactic.

If a dealer doesn't want to make a quote by email or on the phone, just ignore them (unless nobody else is making a quote). In my last purchase, the dealers who didn't make a quote were calling me a week after to follow up. I told them I already made a purchase. I told them I didn't call them back because I didn't receive a quote from them. I hope that would teach them a lesson to make a quote when they are asked to and not BS around. I don't get it. I went to edmunds.com and truecar.com and filled up this form to ask dealers to send a quote. Instead, they contacted you and asked to visit their dealerships to talk about it. What?

I wish someday buying cars would be like buying a TV at costco, bestbuy, or even amazon.com. You are given the prices upfront and you just choose. I may find out later that there is a lower price somewhere else. I am fine with that because I have already done due diligence in researching the price I am willing to pay. I was offered this amount and was not coerced.

I think this is one thing car dealerships still don't understand about consumers. Consumers don't want to lowball the sellers. They just wanted to get a fair price. Consumer don't want to get ripped off by paying more than they need to or expect to.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    CA restricts dealer document fees to $55.. (it's the tax and title fees that will kill you....lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• benzman2345benzman2345 Member Posts: 6
    Sounds like a great price; I'm only finding $3700 off MSRP; did you get the deal?
  • paripari Member Posts: 7
    I think you got a great deal very much in line with what I got in Dec, 2010.
    I worked with Magnessun Lexus to get my Truffle Mica ES 350 for $38,700 OTD after the $1000 loyalty discount. My car too had 95 miles on it but I believe it was driven from Freeman Lexus since Magnessun did not have this color in stock. The specs of my car are identical to yours and are pretty standard for Lexus without UL but with Nav. I also had a trade in and they offered me KBB trade in values for my car (2009 Acura TSX with Nav) which was I think fair. Putnam was offering me $3K below KBB value and that got me away from them.
  • austinweirdaustinweird Member Posts: 6
    I am about to buying 2011 Lexus Es 350 with navi in tx
    MSRP is 42190, but they just gave me $1500 off from MSRP.
    IS there any better offer?
    Hyundai Genesis 3.8 + Tech package is all most same MSRP but they gave me $9000 off
    what's going on? their invoce price is only $3000 different.
    how can i better deal with Lexus?
    give ma an advice please
    For either car try truecar.com. pick your extra's... they give the best prices in area from 3 dealers.
  • coachjoshcoachjosh Member Posts: 3
    Got a lease deal $3500 down Tier 1 credit 2011 ES 350 with Navigation Package and Chrome Rims 36 month 15k miles for 515 per month + tax so $548 per month....Dealer also threw in cargo mats and tinted the car...good deal??? MSRP was $42,065 they came down to $37k
  • town12town12 Member Posts: 2
    Does this car has Navigation ?

What other options that this car has ?

Thanks,

town12
  • coachjoshcoachjosh Member Posts: 3
    yes Navigation package fully loaded sat radio bluetooth back up camera heated seats rear shade etc....
  • joez34joez34 Member Posts: 1
    Just an FYI for anyone looking for this car..

In New Jersey
    Sticker $ 38,300
    Price Paid $35,000 + Tax, MVS, $239 Doc Fee

Easy purchase experience with very little haggling.
  • somanssomans Member Posts: 10
    Where in nJ?
    Which dealer?

What extra it has/
  • activex111activex111 Member Posts: 41
    looking at buying a 2008 Es350, aquamarine blue , 43K miles and fully loaded. mark levinson audio, backup camera,navigation, ventilated seats, wood trim etc.
    dealer is asking 24.5. is that a good price?
    also, any known issues with 2008 es350?
    thanks in advance :o)
  • ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45
    Anyone have an advice on their negotiation strategy. Looking at the ES 350, never personally negotiated a lease or bought a car new before. Complicating things are the fact that we would like a navigation system and have another lease about to expire with two payments left we may want them to take over. Any tips? Do people here generally go by the Edmunds TMV? Invoice? Are the TMV and Invoice figures shown on Edmunds for this car accurate and good to base negotiations off of?

Think I may want to lease, am I supposed to negotiate the purchase price first as low as possible, then arrange a monthly lease payment? How do you negotiate a lease without getting caught up in a 4 square monthly payments game? How do you pay less of a down payment/drive off cost or get additional mileage or options over and above what the current advertised monthly lease special is?

Any suggestions? Where to begin...