Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gordongjgordongj Member Posts: 23
    The Canadian MSRP for an ES 350 with UL package is $55,000 including PDI & freight. Thank gooodness that Lexus vehicles dereciate quickly because I may have to wait until 2012 to buy my 2011 ES!
  • town12town12 Member Posts: 2
    Could you post the dealership that you got this good deal ?

Thanks,
  • coachjoshcoachjosh Member Posts: 3
    JM Lexus Margate Florida
  • nilmadnilmad Member Posts: 1
    HI-

I have an offer for ES 350 OTD for 37500 is it a good price to pay for? VA registration. It has below options
    Full Spare tire, HID, Park Assist, Heated seats, Preferred package 2, wood trim steering
  • 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2011
    Here's what we got just today...comments:

2011 Es 350...Fully Loaded & yes with Nav...chrome Wheels & Spoiler, rear shades
    NO Down...12k miles per mo......36 mo's
    $600 OTD
  • siddharth2008siddharth2008 Member Posts: 6
    There does not seem to be many posts on ES 350. Has anyone bought an ES350 with navigation recently or is planning to buy one.

Can someone share what dealers are charging? I am wondering whether it is worthwhile to wait till the 2012's arrive?

Appreciate a response.
  • jyotirmoujyotirmou Member Posts: 1
    Recently purchased ES 350 2011 from Tampa. MSRP $39980.00 for 2011 base model with Full Size Spare Tire with 17-inch Alloy Wheel, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Intuitive Parking Assist, Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob, Body Side Moldings,
    Preferred Accessory Package.

I got it for $39,147.63 out of door. I am planning to keep it for long, so trying to understand whether I need to purchase extended warranty for 7Yrs/100K.
  • lexpaullexpaul Member Posts: 40
    Hello,
    I would definitely wait for the redesign of the 2012. I think the 2012 will be loaded more techie stuff, will have improved navigation and better styling, not that I'm complaining. I have a 2009 with nav/park assist and I love everything about it, however, if I was in the market for an ES today, I would wait for the 2012.
  • flooopflooop Member Posts: 2
    there are no changes to the 2012 model other than an exterior color change (addition of some kind of new gray pearl color in place of one of the others).

2013 is the refresh year for the es350.
  • flooopflooop Member Posts: 2
    I meant to post this to you siddharth:

"there are no changes to the 2012 model other than an exterior color change (addition of some kind of new gray pearl color in place of one of the others).

2013 is the refresh year for the es350."

the only question now is, is the 1.9% APR, 60 month financing coming back after the 2.9% APR special expires? I usually pay in cash but this low of rate is too good to pass up (cheap cost of money; I can invest it and return more than that). Also wondering if any manufacturer rebates will be coming to help clear out the 2011s. The rise of the yen lately relative to the dollar has not been good for those of us purchasing Japanese goods. Yen is up about 10% over the dollar in the last year. If we don't fall into another recession, I can see the yen falling back to this level in '12.
  • hilaryjhilaryj Member Posts: 1
    The extended warranty is just an insurance policy. The provider must collect more than he pays out or it he will not make money on the transaction. Why would Lexus offer a product like insurance if they knew they would loos money?

That is the reasoning that led me to decline the offer. If I was purchasing a used vehicle whose previous care I knew little, then I might take such an offer if available.
  • carbuff29carbuff29 Member Posts: 7
    I too am holding out for the redesign. I think the interior and dash are dated (2006) and need to be refreshed. Does anybody know if the 2013 model will come out early in the Spring of 2012 or in the traditional time of Sept. 2012? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's sooner than later because the Camry just came out and the ES should follow and also the current model is showing its age.
  • garsarnogarsarno Member Posts: 72
    Just bought a 2011 ES350, MSRP of $43,503. Gave me $22,000 trade in on my '07 ES350 Ultra with 54,900 miles. Got the $1,000 Lexus Loyalty Rebate, additional rebate of $750 plus dealer discount of $1,753 off the car along with 2.9% financing. Got the 72 month / 70,000 mile Platinum Extended Warranty for $753 (MSRP of $1,400) too. The dealer, at first, wanted $24,000 plus my car for this ES350. After getting up and ready to leave, they came down to $18,000 plus my car. That would have been a lot of $ to leave on the table. But we were ready to go to another Lexus dealer 70 miles away versus the local one that is only four miles away.
  • gizmo2gizmo2 Member Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm helping my parents shop for a ES350 with Nav, Parking assist, Ultra package (HID lights, heated seats, rear shade, wooden steering wheel). Anyone purchase one recently or is shopping for one? I've made initial contact with several dealers around me, quotes I received are for approximately $39,000 just for the car (incl dest charge). They all seem skittish to commit to a number as they know I'm going to take it to another dealer.
    Also, is October a good month to buy? I know they always advertise a December to remember sale, but not sure if that's just marketing Bs or the deals are really better than.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
  • mrd4mrd4 Member Posts: 27
    I'm shopping around for a ES350 w/o Nav. I got $2500 below invoice plus additional $1000 loyalty rebate. FYI.
    dude. my local lexus dealer offers $3500 under invoice plus $1000 royalty rebate now. Which is essentially $7500 under MSRP. Huge deal.
  • boytboyt Member Posts: 6
    What is your MSRP and where is the dealership located.

Thanks
  • raj02raj02 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you so much for this tip. Based on your experience we just point blank asked for $2000/- below invoice. And was surprised to get it too. MSRP was 43,061/- Invoice was 39,400/- we got it for 37,500/- and opted for they dent protection for five years $799/- and also any dents or dings will be fixed for the next five years. It was also for another $700/- but ygthen got a $1000/- discount as on Nov 5th is official opening of Dec 2011 for Gwinnett Lexus in GA. Our walkout price with tag, tax and title was 41,539/-. I jsut saw another post for someone getting almost $7000/- below invoice but don't regret it atall. I think the sales person too deserves a good Christmas. :-)
  • stevewilson1stevewilson1 Member Posts: 21
    We just purchased a Lexus ES350 from Bernadette at Lexus Santa Monica. She was great...professional, responsive, and a woman of her word. She's the internet sales manager and she gave us a great price on the car and made the entire process as painless as she possibly could. When you're shopping around for your next Lexus, I strongly suggest you give her a call before you make any final decisions. She could not have taken better care of us and I will be going back to her for our next Lexus!
  • matkohlkmatkohlk Member Posts: 1
    could you kindly send me more information on how to get this deal? matkohlk@yahoo.com
  • jjjzzzjjjzzz Member Posts: 13
    Can you shae how much you paid for it?
    $32,700 for the 2011 base with heated/ventilated seats, the accessory package including rear bumper applique. I think they threw something else in but I don't recall what it was. San Francisco was asking more for same car and Seattle was outrageous for the vehicle.

At this point you may get better price but you are more limited in color selection. We only wanted either deep sea mica or smokey granite with grey interior and there were not many available. Good luck.
  • alokgtalokgt Member Posts: 1
    Lexus of Pleasanton offered me a 2011 ES350 Loaded to $42,000 MSRP for $35,700.

Good Deal? Should I take it?

What colors do you guys recommend?
    A month ago that was a quote I received and was a good deal. Not sure today as dealers are trying to get rid of all their 2011's. Too bad you're not closer to Santa Monica because I think it would be worth your time to contact Bernadette to see if she would beat the price. The good thing about Bernadette is she doesn't beat around the bush...she tells you either she will or she will not. But due to distance, whatever you save with her you would lose in time and gas. It may still make sense to call her for affirmation of whether or not you're getting a good price.

Smokey granite is my favorite color.
  • hungtranhungtran Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer for 35,200.

The main point now is it color you want ? if so, go for it.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    We purchased one over the weekend
    2011 Base
    with following

Heated/ventilated seats
    Full size spare
    Wood steering wheel

Paid 32550 + TTL = 35478
    Includes 1000.00 layalty rebate.

In San Diego, California
    Used www.ZAG.com with delivery from Lexus of El Cajon

Extremely good buying experience.
    Everyone (Sales consultant, Manager, and Finance) in the team was excellent.
  • catinsccatinsc Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Help! Female buying her first new car in SC. Looking at a loaded 2011 Lexus ES 350 w/ a MSRP of $43,579.

So far, negotiated price - out the door - of $38,000. I feel this is a good deal but can I get better? (I think this dealer has quite a few 2011 ES 350's in stock). Can I get a better deal if I wait until "December To Remember". Thanks for any help
  • pfm2003pfm2003 Member Posts: 1
    I think I can do better - thoughts for Q5. Thanks in advance.

MSRP.................................$43,216.00
    Selling Price........................$41,916.00
    15k miles per year
    Down Payment....................$0
    Base payment......................$675.05
    Tax......................................$44.05
    Monthly Payment.................$676.05

Out of pocket at signing........$827.30

Residual...............................$24,633.12
    Money Factor........................00195
    is $35478 before or after $1000 loyalty rebate? I got $3547xx price at the end of Oct for base in San Diego also, but I see the price got another 1K drop in Nov.
    check truecar.com to get best price in your local. For my area, I see $6500 under MSRP now.
  • mdavis7mdavis7 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Purchased the same car (MSRP $39,071) for $32,500 from Newport Lexus
    Beautiful dealership & excellant buying experience
    See John C. internet sales - straight forward knowledgable
    Not the closest dealership but definitely worth the drive
    edited December 2011
    Cong. Just curious, $32,500 w/ or w/o $1000 loyalty rebate? I got this price w/ royalty rebate one month ago in Southern CA.
  • mdavis7mdavis7 Member Posts: 2
    First time Lexus buyer so without the $1,000 loyalty rebate
    Love the ride in this car
    YOu don't need to own a lexus car before. They offer such rebate if you own other luxury brand car also.
    mrd,

2011 Base with following
    Heated/Ventilated seats
    Wood steering
    full size spare
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Sell price ~ 33K +TTL -1000 rebate =35xxx

The rebate comes after you pay taxes and is available to any luxury owner.
    I might have saved few hundred bucks by shopping around I guess...but decided not too

Bought from Lexus of El Cajon through ZAG/American Express buying service.
    good deal. I think my base model is w/o rear parking sensors. Jumped a little bit early, anyway they are good deal for both of us :-)
    rear parking sensors were dealer installed options I believe $500.00 for 4 sensors in the rear.

SAnjay
  • totowatotowa Member Posts: 14
    Hi,
    I am in middle of Job Relocation from NJ to Austin, TX.
    I've been considering ES350 because current vehicle ( IS250 AWD )
    will be no useful in Texas weather.
    I've been search both locations under Truecar, but surprisingly,
    there is no discount in Texas region.
    Texan price was closed to MSRP Price while NJ price was -$2000 below Invoice.
    It's no brainer to purchase one from NJ, and drive down there since I was going to drive IS250 down to Texas anyway.

First, what makes it huge difference in regions?
    Even Lexus website shows different Lease price in two region.
    What else should I consider besides Time and Gas?

- Tax: NJ (7%) vs TX (8.25%)
    - Title / Registration: I will loose 4 Yrs of NJ Registration which is prepaid during purchase
    It looks we are lucky in Southern CA, $6500 under MSRP for ES350. Is that because we are close to the long beach port?
  • jjjzzzjjjzzz Member Posts: 13
    Is it for 2011 or 2012? Could you let me know where you get it, and the model and price details? Thanks.
    yes, it's 11' model. Theoretically there is no difference between 11' and 12' model. I see three posts (1 in orange county, 2 in san diego county) got $6500 under MSRP for 11' ES350.
    just go to ZAG.com and use american express pricing...
    and you will get an idea
  • blee4blee4 Member Posts: 1
    Dear #2698 - regarding your 11.28.11 post about the pricing of the loaded Lexus ES 350, were you able to find better than $38k OTD (out the door)? To clarify, when you say $38k OTD, does that mean total out-of-pocket cost, including tax and all fees? Would you mind sharing the name of the dealership and the sale person from whom you purchased. Thank you for your time.
  • nabhanabha Member Posts: 2
    Hi ,

I am new to this forum so not sure whether this is the location for my question.

I have been looking for a car for myself & found one deal. This one is 2009 lexus ES350(moon shell mica color) with 20000 miles. There is no navigation or back up camera. This car is priced at $23950+TTL. There is 4 years/50k warranty also.
    Location is Dallas,TX.
    I like the color but someone told me this is not one of the favorite color in today's world. I am a married man of middle thirty age. Is this color for the 60+ people?
    Is this a good deal?

Thanks in advance for your time.
  • raver8raver8 Member Posts: 2
    Had at deposit down on a 09 Audi A6, but while selling my car to Carmax, I stumbled onto a deep blue (metalic) 09 ES350 every thing except Mark Levinson/rear camera and auto park. Got price to $26.8K and bought there warranty extention of 72 mo/no bumperdeductable bumper2 for an additional 1279. Boca Raton FL lease return with 19621 actual, starting 10/10. Salesman said front seats were "air conditioned". I see here actual product is "ventilated". Dark metalic Teal exterior/ parchment interior with wood/ leather etc. Bought on impulse after short test drive.
    Normally I do some research, but tired of Euro Sedan repairs bills - BMW/Porche cand Jags (2).
    Car is mint - not a scratch or rock ding. Ran TMV for Certified to $34K so 2 6.8 seems fair for a So FL no snow/salt sedan. ?????Experts?????
  • nabhanabha Member Posts: 2
    I think you have done good but I am not an expert. I am also buying ES350 ,2009 with 19980 miles, the dealer is offering me extended warranty for 4 years/50k miles ,price $1800.
    Can you please tell me about the warranty you bought because the price looks really good. I have tried to look for warranty online but its confusing like what is covered & what is not ?

Thanks for your time!
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    Our 2008 ES is Moon Shell Mica, but the color must not have been too popular, as Lexus dropped the color after 2009. It's pink for God's sake & may not appeal to many men. An older woman owned/drove our car before we bought it. BTW- we are in our 60s, ha ha.

We bought our ES in December for $24K with NAV, back-up camera, heated/cooled seats, etc. with 41K miles. Still some factory warranty left too.

Extended warranties need to be carefully read before buying. Toyota's Platinum warranty (really?) is NOT a bumper-to-bumper warranty and there is a looong list of exclusions. We were offered it for $1700 and we passed on it, but we can still go back & get it if we think we REQUIRE the extra coverage.
  • chickennuggetzchickennuggetz Member Posts: 13
    Can anyone give me an idea how much is the OTD price of ES350 with navigation in Los Angeles/Southern California region? Toyota's fiscal year ends on Mar 31. Is it the best time to buy Lexus? If not, when according to your experience? What's the difference between the Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio Package and the navigation system available as an interior option? Thanks!
  • bbrainisbbrainis Member Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan:

I would like to know the MF and Residual for the 2012 Lexus ES for a 10K and 15K 36 Month Lease. It looks like with the Conquest rebate, a negotiated price should be at best around $4000 off MSRP ?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to speak with anyone who bought a new car in the last two months. She’s especially interested in the economic and market factors (fuel prices, access to credit, pricing, etc.) that went into your decision. Please send a brief description of your experience and your preferred contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, March 7th, 2012.