Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• msgill1msgill1 Member Posts: 2
    Any pricing info on above. Looking for the same thing.
  • msgill1msgill1 Member Posts: 2
    Any pricing info on above. Looking for 2012 ES350 with navigation in Los Angeles/Southern California region?
  • chickennuggetzchickennuggetz Member Posts: 13
    I got a quote from Lexus in Riverside for 2012 E350 MSRP $39,103 at $35,443 plus tax and licensing, which will be $35,443*1.0875 (LA County tax) = $38,545 plus licensing.

The MSRP above includes:
    Vehicle base price $36,725
    Delivery Processing & Handling $875.00
    Preferred Accessory Package: Cargo Net/Trunk Mat/Whl
    Locks/Rear Bumper Applique $328.00
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob $330.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats $640.00
    Full Size Spare Tire with 17-inch Alloy Wheel $205.00

Still shopping for better prices.....
  • chickennuggetzchickennuggetz Member Posts: 13
    Got another quote from a broker today:

2012 ES350 MSRP $39,422 (not itemized; no navigation)
    OTD cash $38,988 (incl LA County tax, license & fees)

The broker said that MSRP changes every week depending on the new inventories that come into the dealership.
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    I am the original owner of a 2007 ES350. While price is important, consider that you are buying possible the best car on the market. I am intending to buy the 2013 ES when introduced, however I really don't want to give up my 07. If you've never had a Lexus, you will be blown away by the service. The European cars don't have the reliability of the Lexus or the amazing service. The "reviewers" don't give Lexus the respect it deserves. They dribble over the European cars, that will let you down. The feel of quality surrounds you. Listen to the "thud" when you close the doors - quality. I get 24 mpg on regular gas, cumulative from when I bought my car 12/06. My two cars previous to my Lexus were more expensive, but not as satisfying. I would only consider a Lexus going forward. It doesn't get better. Buy a clean ES, with as many options as you can, and you will never regret it. :)
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    I only wanted to add that I also have enjoyed my 2007 ES350. The service I received from my Lexus dealer was great~! - the only problem is the closest Lexus dealer is over an hour away from where I live. The interior lighting had alot to be desired and the only other complaint I had is the GPS. Other than that it is a great car and I am considering one of the SUV's in the next year or so.
  • mr4242usmr4242us Member Posts: 2
    Is the 2013 worth waiting for?

Will the 2012 be heavily discounted?

Lexus ES350 vs. Camry XLE .... is it night and day and worth the price difference?
  • koppsuzkoppsuz Member Posts: 13
    Any thoughts on the radio?
  • rcummelinrcummelin Member Posts: 184
    edited April 2012
    Is the 2013 worth waiting for? The 2013 will be a major change from the 2012, with more bells & whistles. If you don't mind being a guinea pig for Lexus (debugging & troubleshooting a new model), it may be your thing.

Will the 2012 be heavily discounted? I think that depends on how well the 2013 sells when initially offered. If there's no takers for the left-over 2012s, you can expect to see some discounting--no telling how much discount though.

Lexus ES350 vs. Camry XLE .... is it night and day and worth the price difference? You actually asked two questions here, but my answer would be "YES" to both. Depends on what you want from your car though. Some people don't like the feeling of isolation & solitude the Lexus provides. I love it.
  • vk02169vk02169 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    Just bought a New 2012 ES 350 with following options for 35K + TTL in NJ

Preferred Accessory Package: Cargo Net/Trunk Mat/Whl
    Locks/Rear Bumper Applique $328.00
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob $330.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats $640.00
    Full Size Spare Tire with 17-inch Alloy Wheel $205.00

I don't think that I got a stellar deal to brag about but shouldn't be bad either

Thanks everybody in the forum for providing valuable info
  • sk1182sk1182 Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2012
    As the title states, I am currently set on purchasing a 2012 ES 350. Just standard base model without any bells or whistles. I live in Atlanta, GA. The listed MSRP is $36,725 and invoice is $34,400. I just wanted to get a general idea of the purchase price I should shoot for before PF, destination charges, and TTL. I have heard that 2,500~3,000 below the invoice is a good starting point so would I target for somewhere around 32,000 before the usual fees? I would appreciate any feedback and any purchasing experience. Thank you.
  • koppsuzkoppsuz Member Posts: 13
    That sounds like an excellent price. I paid more than that for a 2007
  • a1s1a1a1s1a1 Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2012
    In January of 2009, I bought an UltraLuxury (Glass panoramic roof, Mark Levinson, etc) 2008 brand new ES 350 with less than 80 miles as a left over from the dealer. MSRP 45450, I paid 35500 plus taxes. Moral of the story "it all depends upon supply and demand" Good Luck and happy Buying.
    P.S. I love the car
  • iamgodly42iamgodly42 Member Posts: 1
    Initial price of the 2012 ES was $47,678 with tax. Was able to get that price down to $43,000 OTD. Not as good as some other buyers but non the less a great deal and buy. Robert James was a quality salesman and gave us a smooth and fast process.
  • brm1brm1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi - I am looking to buy a fully loaded Lexus ES 350 2012 fully loaded (luxury package, disk based nav) in the next few weeks. I live in PA but am willing to travel to NJ, NY, MD, VA for the right price. Anyone has purchased one recently in any of these states? Any estimates on price/receommendations for a dealer?

Thanks,
  • lvandemarklvandemark Member Posts: 2
    As far as dealerships, I would try Motorworld in Pa, or Prestige Lexus in Paramus, NJ. I know Prestige has a really large inventory of 2012 ES in stock.
  • dearmedearme Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me if they got a good deal on a recent car purchase of an 2012 ES350, anywhere in the Chicago area?

Thanks,
  • wakeupcoffeewakeupcoffee Member Posts: 1
    my pending deal in NJ 350 RX sticker $49,360 - dealer taking off $5469
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    thats an amazing price.. $10K off MSRP. Any suggestions on how to snag such a fantasitc deal in the current market
  • balkibalki Member Posts: 1
    Dear buyer,
    Thanks to provide valueable information. I was looking the same car. I wonder if you can provide dealership name, city and state, It would help me to get the good price.

Thanks,
  • lexuslover6lexuslover6 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,
    Please advise if I should buy this car:
    Year: 2007
    Model: Lexus ES 350
    Mileage: 65000
    2 previous owners
    Has navigation, rear view camera, heated/cooled seats. Clean title per car fax.
    Dealer is asking around/over 19K.
    Need suggestions on:
    1) Is this car worth paying this amount? Car is 5 yrs old but is clean.
    2) If not, what is the best price to you guyz?

Pleae reply immediately as I have to act fast. Thanks for your help guyz !!!
  • faceman1faceman1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking about buying a 2012 with the navigation and preferred package and got a price for 49500 Inc taxes in Canada but also have options in the states.

2 questions is this a good price and second with the 2013 due out in august will the 2012 prices see a further decrease so I should wait a couple a months

Thanks
  • coresellercoreseller Member Posts: 40
    Hi Guys. I am currently looking at a Lexus ES 350 for my mother, got a quote from a local dealer but not too impressed by the offer. Options on car are: Full Size Spare, heated front seats, wood wheel and knob, preferred accessory package, paint protection film, and aftermarket rear sensors, total MSRP w/ delivery is $39,826, their offer price was $38,500. This was not nearly the discount I was expecting. Am I off base? Any recommendation in the SW Ohio area? Thanks......Mark.
  • sooznaplessooznaples Member Posts: 13
    Your best deal is at JM Lexus in Fl, largest Lexus dealer in the world. You can do it all over the internet, name your price they will take it. They will ship it to you if you dont want to drive there. Largest inventory around.
    I have bought 3 cars there. Sooz. :shades:
  • coresellercoreseller Member Posts: 40
    Thanks Sooz, Looking for something within a couple of hundred miles.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Hi Sooz

Is there anyone in particular that I need to speak with at JM? Looking to purchase ES 350 this month
  • provlimaprovlima Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a used ES350 in Maryland and have gone the Carmax route but not found the right one yet. I now want to explore the local Lexus dealers used inventories.

Much has been written on these forums about new car buying pricing and strategies, but very little about used car prices. Carmax seems to have fair market pricing but Lexus dealership pricing on similar vehicles is over several thousand higher. Has anyone bought a used Lexus from a Lexus dealer. Can fair market value prices for their used cars be negotiated??
    Any suggestions or hands on experiences greatly appreciated!
  • ac360ac360 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for 2012 ES 350 with Navigation in NJ
    Any suggestion for price without TTL

Also should I wait for 2013 ES 350?
    Thanks
  • geo123geo123 Member Posts: 33
    The 2013's are already out. Saw one yesterday at a local Lexus dealer. The interior looks much better. However, I did not care for the black dash.
  • ac360ac360 Member Posts: 2
    what was the cost without TTl?
  • geo123geo123 Member Posts: 33
    The car was loaded. It had a suggested MSRP of about $44K. You can go to nadaguides.com and configure a 2013 with the options that you would like to have. What is interesting is the base invoice cost is only about $2,285 less the MSRP. Also, the factory options have very little markup. Makes you wonder how the dealer is really making their money selling a new unit.
  • cht1cht1 Member Posts: 6
    Realize it's early days, but anyone have buying experience with a 2013 ES? Buying in Dallas. Sewell and Park Place both quoting MSRP. No discount, financing incentive or loyalty bonus.

Sales guys say "hey, it's a brand new model get in line" anyone have a different experience? Predictions on whether they will dissent during the December sale?

Thanks for any info.
  • burtreynoldsburtreynolds Member Posts: 3
    Make an offer. Look up the trade-in prices and remember that those are often higher than what a dealer will offer for someone's trade, or are higher than an auction price. I'd use the Edmunds or Blue Book trade in price like an invoice price on a new car.

Dealers make more money on the used side than the new, because the margins are better. If they list a car for $25k, you can probably bet there is at least a few thousand in profit in that number. If you can buy it for something closer to book trade-in value compared to retail, then you probably did OK. CarMax tends to be lower than dealer retail, but are usually not great deals, plus they apparently do not negotiate.
    Signed today on a 13' ES, Blue w/blk inter ion. Lux pkg+Nav $43552 (plus sales tax). Park Place Plano, TX. Absolutely no wiggle room on MSRP but they threw in dealer installed tint, pinstripes,.5% off LFS best rate and Clear Shield.

Of note: pretty much a feeding frenzy when I was in the dealership. Two observations; the $880 up charge for 18" wheels was getting a lot of resistance --dealer saying this is how certain cars are equipped and we can't change it. second thought; if you are in a market where there are competitive Lexus dealers, work it. Sewell and Park Place fought hard for this sale despite strong demand for this model -- local bragging rights or something more$$$$$?
  • tmahmoodiltmahmoodil Member Posts: 7
    I want to buy 2013 ES 350 this month with Premium package, Navigation,blind spot monitor, parking assist and heated seats. I would like to hear the price paid and potential discount from anybody who has bought 2013 ES 350.
    Guys, third post from me on purchase of 2013 ES. Picked mine up this afternoon and didn't park it until dusk! Fun, fun, fun to drive. The haptic system that controls the screen driven functions works great. Ride is smooth and the fit and finish is awesome.

Now for the crappy part--are you listening Lexus?

Why isn't there a place to rest your phone? Lots of bluetooth technology but no place to rest your phone within easy reach. Truly a pain in the butt.

And why in the world would you get rid of the sun glasses holder?????? Lexus pioneered the storage cubbyhole and it was a GREAT idea. Why are we going backward???
  • wesnywesny Member Posts: 2
    2012 ES 350 with Navigation. Dealer quoted $37,000 before TTL. Is it a good price. Can I counter offer to $36,000?

Thanks.
  • provlimaprovlima Member Posts: 3
    That is a very subjective decision only you to make.

FWIW I just paid 33k including taxes and titling fees for a certified 2010 ES350 with NAV and new michelins.

The certified warantee starts after the original new car warantee ends.
    The 2010 was in excellent shape with a little over 24000 miles
  • adpcsadpcs Member Posts: 59
    I purchased a 2012 ES350 w/ Nav last week from Dallas. MSRP about $43,100,paid $36,900 including tint, pinstripe, and delivery to Houston. Starfire Pearl/ Light Gray Interior
  • tmahmoodiltmahmoodil Member Posts: 7
    Can you share the buying price,options, MSRP and the dealer name.

Thanks,
  • seank4seank4 Member Posts: 2
    We just bought a 2013 ES350 MSRP was 43700 paid 41700...2K off MSRP. Not sure if that is a good deal or not, but thought others could get at least that.
  • bluefranky222bluefranky222 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone share what you paid?

I found a new 2012 ES350 with navigation for $36900....Is that an ok deal?
  • lpnclpnc Member Posts: 9
    From what I know, this seems to be a pretty decent deal. I'm still debating between 2012 and 2013 model. Your thoughts? Please share the name and location of the dealership. Thx.
  • lpnclpnc Member Posts: 9
    Please share the name and location of the dealership. Thx.
  • seank4seank4 Member Posts: 2
    Lexus of Rockville in Maryland
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Hi Carman,

Any numbers for September for the 2012 ES 350...I know the 2013 is out, but just checking to see if you know any numbers for the 2012.

Thanks
  • san16san16 Member Posts: 1
    Wesney,

Can you share the dealer name and number. I am planning to buy 2012 or 2013 ES350 ..

san
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    I test drove a 2013 ES350 yesterday and the salesman said there is no discount because he can't even keep the new cars long enough... May be in his dealership it is. But $2000 off new year model ES350 is a cool deal.
  • buyabuya Member Posts: 74
    Did you buy it? I'm not happy with the price I was quoted at the dealership and walked. What happened to the $8000 or even $10,000 discounts that people are getting on their ES and RX? I only got a measly $3000 off. I'll buy a different car for just that! I like Lexus, but if I have to pay $5000-8000 more than other people for the same car that's left over from previous sales, I'll buy some other brand that I also like.

Can't imagine I would pay $33k for a 2010 when 2013 is not that much more. Even if I work for Lexus, and want to pay more for a Lexus, I still wouldn't pay that much.
  • frostyrfrostyr Member Posts: 20
    Picked up our 2013 ES 350 with Ultra Luxury Pkg. Paid sticker. Went to two other dealers in the area (Metro NY) they were all charging the same thing. The only difference was trade-in value for our old car. Frankly, we were happy with the price. I think it will be hard to get a discount this soon after the car was released.