Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bkmehtabkmehta Member Posts: 10
    I am looking for ES350 with no nav.

Do you know what's best deal around NY, and please include options and dealer name .
  • drextremopsdrextremops Member Posts: 8
    ic. I got a SGM/grey. nice color, just a bit of a hassle keeping it clean.
    I meant not color but car options for ES350 you bought.
    what car option you had for price you paid.
    Was it in NY, if so , pls give me dealer name.

I am looking for good deal for ES 350 (may be without NAV).
  • snewtiesnewtie Member Posts: 7
    Truthfully I would NEVER recommend Lexus of Manhattan. They did a deal for me that was very shady and my ignorance to leases the first time around allowed me to agree to something that was completely opposite of what I intended. Basically I wanted to pay taxes and fees upfront and instead they had me thinking the money I put upfront was for taxes and fees but instead the tax was in my payment and they took $2005 of my out the door money and put it as a cap cost reduction. VERY SHADY BUSINESS they said they could only get me at Tier 2 6 weeks later PRESTIGE got me at Tier 1+. VERY VERY SHADY BUSINESS. I wont even get into the details of how they didnt offer me gap insurance and my car got stolen just a week after having it. JUST NOT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT to be representing the LEXUS NAME!
  • snewtiesnewtie Member Posts: 7
    Truthfully I would NEVER recommend Lexus of Manhattan. They did a deal for me that was very shady and my ignorance to leases the first time around allowed me to agree to something that was completely opposite of what I intended. Basically I wanted to pay taxes and fees upfront and instead they had me thinking the money I put upfront was for taxes and fees but instead the tax was in my payment and they took $2005 of my out the door money and put it as a cap cost reduction. VERY SHADY BUSINESS they said they could only get me at Tier 2 6 weeks later PRESTIGE got me at Tier 1+. VERY VERY SHADY BUSINESS. I wont even get into the details of how they didnt offer me gap insurance and my car got stolen just a week after having it. JUST NOT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT to be representing the LEXUS NAME! and to think had my car not gotten stolen I would have never realized what a CRAPPY deal they gave me and how it wasnt what I thought I was signing up for. LETS JUST SAY I LEARNED ALOT ABOUT LEASES!
    I just paid 33787 for same option, I tried so many dealer but no one buzz. this was lowest I got from Long Island dealer.

I have same option.

I guess CA dealer are pretty good when it comes to price.

Any idea on Lowest price in Long Island , NY area for same option
  • carrelman2carrelman2 Member Posts: 80
    The best price in the tri state area is from the #1 dealer in the area. PRESTIGE LEXUS in Ramsey NJ.Call for directions, very easy to get there. Nice people to deal with.
  • xmas06lexusxmas06lexus Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a quote for 37.5k for es350 with NAV, parking assist, premium plus pkg from a Bay Area, CA dealer. Is that a good price?
  • lhkpearllhkpearl Member Posts: 3
    The one that has the MRP of $37,902, which includes rear seat side airbags, bluetooth audio, full size spare tire, heated front seats, hi intensity headlammps, the premium package and the preferred acc. package. The best quote I got so far is the dealer based in LIC for $33,902. I think I can do better than that though. I am aiming for $33,700 or $33,600. I am also considering the one with NAV, and the best quote I got right now is $36,500. I want to get it under $36,000.
  • noves350noves350 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

New to these forums.Have been researching a while before finally bought my new ES350. still worried about the transmission issues and other things but this car is so beautiful and my wife absolutely is killing me she wants only this(i was thinking about IS or GS because of the ES problems).Bought from Sewell Lexus in Fortworth.My first Lexus.

RubyRed with cashmere interior.Every other dealership said car is not available to get within 1000 miles.Somehow these guys got it from an Austin dealer.Wife is very much interested in this colour and wants only this.

Total Price including Tax,TTL etc out of the door 44000.
    UL/PA/ML,body side moldings,Rear spoiler,All season mats,windows tinted.
    Also they have thrown in touchup paint,Leather shampoo,conditiner and a lexus Xenon Light.

Have to go to dealer sometimes next week to Buff up the car.There are few very light scrathes on the car which formed in shipping.Not visible to naked eye though but salesperson scheduled appt. to buff up entire car so that it shows in perfect condition.

Bought it around 15th and has the car deleivered on 22nd. Still does not have all the paperwork to see how they charged without tax.Here in Texas it is 6.25% and all other stuff that gets added on top.One month insurance added.I had to pay 500$ for shipping this car to Dallas which is included in the 44000$. How did i do with my purchase?
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    Seems pretty high to me. Lexus xenon lights are part of the package, I think...they didn't "throw" those in and if you look closely, the mats are part of another package that you probably paid for. Also, ML is part of the UL package, I believe. I might be wrong, but seems like you practically paid MSRP or slightly under. I defer to others who count each nickle for more precise figures.
  • lhkpearllhkpearl Member Posts: 3
    Finally sealed the deal with Bridgewater Lexus for a ES 350 without NAV. MSRP: $37,902, final price: $33,495. Salesman is courteous, not pushy like some. Dealership is also the closest to my house out of the bunch, so it worked out very well. Highly recommend them based on my experience so far. However, I don't know if I would have gotten this price if it was not because of the year end.
  • ctadsctads Member Posts: 2
    I just leased a ES350 in NJ. Dealer started me out with a crazy lease number ($622), but after working over a few dealers I got them to give me the best price...I think.

MSRP 41,312. Premium Package Plus. Nav, B/U Camera, HID, Spare, etc

Lease for 36 months zero cap cost. 12k per year. Paying the taxes upfront.

$485 per month.
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    Thanks to the other messages on this site I got a good price on my 07 ES350. List $41,400, selling price of $36,800 at Thomson Lexus, Doylestown PA - about 30 minutes from Phila. I also received a good quote from Lexus of Lehigh Valley (Allentown PA) of $36,616, but they didn't have the color combo I wanted. Additionally, absolutely no transmission problems as mentioned in previous messages and the standard audio system is fine. You could buy the ML if you want to spend more.
  • jaskjask Member Posts: 3
    Yesterday I bought my Lexus ES 350 (07) non NAV for $32,800/- + tax and DMV from Warnock in Livingston. Great dealer and great sales person (Ed Winn).

Hope I got a good price!
  • monmanmonman Member Posts: 3
    The prices in Jersey and Florida are amazing. I live in the Cleveland area and I offered 34,500+ tax and title for premium plus package to 4 of the closest dealers. They told me no way. MSRP 37172(no hid lights). They dont even call back.

I will keep trying but may have to wait and go with used 2007. They are starting to pop up on ebay.

Thanks for all the info. Please reply if any more help. Still looking.

Thanks
    That's great price, never heard from anyone paid that low price. What options came with your ES 350?

I just paid over $34800 with NO NAV in NY. I tried everywhere you can think of in NY metro (long island, westchester, NYC all 5 boroughs) but no one goes lower
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    can anyone tell me if the wheels shown on the lexus website are the standard wheels? at the dealership where I test drove the lexus they had really crappy looking wheels - was told it was another $1700 to add the wheels shown on the lexus site when you "build your own".
    I was offered 35k+ tax,title(premium plus no HID) with no Nav in Cleveland area. I looked at past threads and NY Fla, CA areas are paying 33k to 35k. I was hoping to get somewhere in the middle.
  • mha63mha63 Member Posts: 4
    Caddyman, can you give me some additional information regarding what package and what options you got on your vehicle? I was just at Thomson Lexus and was wondering what their prices are like. Did you purchase/negotiate online or in person?
  • jaskjask Member Posts: 3
    My ES 350 came with everything except Navigation.
  • craig52craig52 Member Posts: 3
    What dealer? I have been trying to do a deal at 2%of MSRP plus invoice and no takers so far.
    Akron,Mentor and Metro(clev). Metro gave me the price. There was one in Pa too. Couldnt compete. After seeing Jask price of 32800.(over 2k less than my offer) I am looking to southern Ohio and surrounding states. I will travel if the price is right.
  • craig52craig52 Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased ES 350 w/out navigation from Jim White Lexus of Toledo after email inquiry to internet sales Mgr. $33,800 excluding sales tax and title/doc fees(premium package with heated seats, wood steering wheel, wheel locks, blue tooth, full size spare, mats, accessory package). Internet Mgr. was great to deal with. No one in Cleveland/Akron area would come close to this price.
  • caddymancaddyman Member Posts: 12
    I needed to negotiate firmly, but I came with my facts, made them a firm offer and they responded (after I left the dealership). I went in person. All of their ES350's come with three option packages, about 37,000+, 41,000+ and 44,000+. I would also try Lexus of Lehigh Valley, in Allentown. I hope this was helpful.
  • cargirl2007cargirl2007 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought the Es350 no nag. MSRP 37,902 for $32,800. Thanks to buyer who posted the price from Warnock in Livingston. Bought at Prestige Ramsey, NJ. Did pick up car on Jan. 2nd. Not impressed with salesman. I nego the deal, he shook my husbands' hand and not mine. I haven't seen lower yet.
  • zhiminwenzhiminwen Member Posts: 17
    Made the purchase 2 days ago from Sewell Lexus Dallas after lengthy internet dealing with all four DFW dealers. Premium plus package with Navigation, MSRP $41022. Purchase price (before TTL): $37200. Part of the difficulty to deal is that most dealers has only a few inventory of this model. So supply-demand still favors them. For non-navigation models, I think one can get much better deal. Also there will be base price increase of $300 for ES350 delivered after 01/02/2007. So go ahead, get one of those already on the lot.

What a great car! We also looked at 2007 Acura TL with Navigation (for which I easily got quote for $(300-400) over invoice). Both the stylist exterior and Lexus luxurious interior with the latest technology make the 4-year old TL look somewhat outdated. Yes, the ES350 costs some premium over its competition. But I think it is worth every penny of that.
  • phyll97phyll97 Member Posts: 10
    thanks for the info - seems we get a lot of posts from NJ/CA but none close to us so this really helps. Can you answer one other question for me? When I go to the lexus website and "build your own" the wheels shown were not the wheels at the dealership - I was told it would be $1700 more for the nicer wheels - the ones on the es350 models were really really ugly. Thanks again!
  • calvinyimcalvinyim Member Posts: 4
    Different with NJ or CA, around Raleigh-Durham area in NC,
    we have only two Lexus dealer, but both of them have same dealershop name, Johnson Lexus of Raleigh and of Durham.

Are they same? or can I deal with both of them?

What do you think about $34000 deal? good enough for
    ES 350 MSRP $36K with Premium package and Bluetooth, Rear seat side airbag, and some accessary.

Some tips, please. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
    Not sure if you are talking about the 17" SuperChrome. That is part of the Ultra Luxury Package. To get that in SW region, you have to go with the Ultra Luxury trim level, MSRP $ 44012. Check Sewell website for their inventory of that trim.
  • phyll97phyll97 Member Posts: 10
    I'm not sure either I just know on all photos (actually photo showing right now on their ad to the left) is the wheels I want - all on models I looked at that were at Park Place Lexus in Grapevine that had these flat colored wheels - not shiny - and not spokes like shown on the build your own or the ads. You can tell I'm not a guy - I don't know how to describe but I've never bought I car where I hated the wheels - and I think 1700 for a wheel upgrade is ridiculous when they are the wheels shown on the website when you build your lexus with just the premium package.
  • slmdslmd Member Posts: 6
    Just picked up the car over the weekend. Premium package w/ no nav. MSRP 37902 and paid 34402 plus $100 fee, tax, and tags from Lexus of Silver Spring. Sent email queries before visit at year end. Both Silver Spring and Rockville started with $3k below MSRP. Pohanka and Lindsey couldn't compete ($2k below MSRP). Great buying experience - took about 30 minutes to settle on price.

Love the car so far.
  • mgm2001mgm2001 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the insight. Did that give you an Out the Door price of around $41k ($3k for tax and $500 for T&L)? Just wondering if there were any other costs they slid in.
    Total Out the Door price is about $39770. Don't know about other states, but in the state of Texas, fees for new car sales are state-wide universal: 6.25% sales tax, $55 title fee, ~$22 for inspection, ~$80 for license plate, and inventory tax (I paid ~$88).
    With tax being 6.25% - you probably paid between $40 and $41k TTL. Approximately $3-$4k below MSRP. Probably a fair deal for both.
  • billy2jonebilly2jone Member Posts: 15
    don't beleive everything you read.
  • elwoodmoragaelwoodmoraga Member Posts: 15
    I'm at the opposite end of the country in Northern Cal (but lived in Maryland outside DC for 8 years, so know the geography you are talking about). I just picked up my
    ES 350 last weekend also. So far, best car I've ever owned. Paid $34K, for that model, so we are in the same ballpark. Would like to have gotten more on the trade-in, but they always screw you on the trade in. And the trade-in car (a 2004 Maxima) was soon in need of about $1200 in repairs. Went in armed with Edmunds and Kelly info on both the new car purchase and trade in, a big help.
    Zhiminwen,

Can't thank you enough. I called Sewell of Dallas (and also the other three Lexus dealers in DFW) and got the same salesperson that you worked with. We worked out the same deal and everything went great.

Great dealership. And having your information as a reference point made it a quick negotiation.
  • pangy23pangy23 Member Posts: 3
    yeah i agree mr jone.
    Glad my experience helped. I am sure Sean is also a very happy guy. Enjoy yoour new ES.
  • brills11brills11 Member Posts: 1
    michigan lexus dealer. $44,111 msrp. my price $40,509. loaded ultra w/ everything. is that a good deal? 3 yr lease, 15k/yr, 0 down @ $653/mo. they say residual is $24,261 & money factor is .00255 (6.12%). is the lease a good deal. thx.
  • luvcarzrichluvcarzrich Member Posts: 36
    Hi CarGirl. I have an '04 ES330 and am thinking about the new model. I bought at Prestige. That price you have looks like slightly below invoice. Was a trade involved? If not, I'd consider asking the same amount if/when I go in for mine....
  • dallasericdallaseric Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone,

Glad I found this board! I am on my 4th Lexus, really love these cars, but hate dealing with purchases (and repairs.)

I have had horrible service experiences with two of the dealers in Dallas and won't go back there. I did buy my last car from Sewell and was really happy with the whole experience there. So, it was good to see that a couple of you have had recent good experiences there.

Before I go in and buy, a couple of questions - I was there last week, just browsing and asked when the 2008s are coming in. I was told they were already there but hadn't been priced yet. I have no idea what that means. lol!

Not wanting to negotiate there w/o having prices in mind, I just left, and here I am..

So, my questions to anyone who would care to reply -

- When the 2008s are 'priced' will the price of the 2007s drop or will they be more deeply discounted? Should I wait or buy now?

- It looks like folks are paying around 39K for the 350 with the Nav package and something like 34 without it. Are the prices you guys are quoting for the AWD version or the front-wheel drive versions?

- A couple people have mentioned dealer inventory - cant people order their cars? I would think you'd have to wait for it, but isn't that an option? Or do the dealers only deal on their current inventory?

- What fees beyond the price paid are you guys being hit with? What are the bogus fees? Someone referred to a "ha ha" fee in an earlier post, either here or on the 330 board and I didn't know what that was referring to..

Finally, if someone can send me the name of the person who you all have been dealing with at Sewell Lexus, Id appreciate it!!

Thank you,
    Eric
  • dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    I just wanted to know that apart from the sales tax what are the other charges that are applied. I know there a doc fee but not sure how much it is and does it depend on the state or dmv or varies by dealership. I read some posts and people mentioned dmv fee was $250 and another fee was $149(I guess doc fee). Sounds like all these charges itself addup to 500 bucks. Also, I would like to know how these charges apply if I am buying in a different state. For example I live in NY but I am buying in NJ. I would really appreciate if somebody can explain this. Thanks.
  • fsantorefsantore Member Posts: 2
    Hello.. please let me know if this is a good deal.. (I am in Central FL)
    ES350 w/ Prem Pkg. Internet salesperson offered $36,242 less $2,800..
    $33,442 + tax, tag, dealer fee, etc.
    I wanted a price on XM & was quoted $795. From the threads that seems way too high..
    Thoughts?
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    I assume you're talking about getting an '07 ES 350, so I'll just say one thing in regards to your post: there isn't an AWD version of the '07 ES 350--it's FWD only...

Other than that, I would think that it might be possible to around a few hundred over invoice in the very near future; I've read of a few folks over here in CA who have already gotten such a deal.
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    Hard for me to say since I've no history in shopping for cars in FL but generally speaking I think you could do a bit better than that, especially since it'll be almost a year since the ES 350 was first introduced.

XM quote is a bit too high...$600 range--or maybe a bit lower than that--seems more reasonable.
  • gvachhergvachher Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to everyone's posting on the forum, got a good price on the car. Paid $36,684 + $200 doc fee + TT&L. Dealer said MSRP is $41,411 when I put the deposit but it actually was $41,711, I guess they honored the 2006 price. Excellent car!!!

Is that a good deal? (Ray Catena Lexus in NJ)
  • dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    Sounds like a good deal. Only thing is the doc fee. NJ dealers charge way too much for doc fee. In NY its fixed at $45 but for NJ there is no law and they charge whatever they want.
  • kippcarkippcar Member Posts: 6
    Just got a custom lease quote from Lexus of Wayzata.

$41,921 MSRP
    36 Mos.
    22K per year
    $6,000 Down
    $18,556 Residual
    No Trade

$715.00 per month

This appears to be a horrible deal. Anybody else have a custom lease quoted. I'm a return Lexus customer, but probably not for long.