Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• txsimontxsimon Member Posts: 3
    Pmpkin123,
    We picked up the Navigation with the Premium Plus Package.
    The MSRP was $41,322. I think the cars only come with this package and you can not pick and pull the packaging.
    I hope that helps. Call Sean at Sewell...He has been a great help to us.

Simon
  • crazymacrazyma Member Posts: 20
    As a major commuter, I was very intrigued by the idea of dynamic cruise control. The pre-collision system also seemed like a winner from a safety standpoint. When I visited the dealership last weekend I asked to test drvie an ES with the dynamic cruise. The dealer said that in 4 years, he has seen only one vehicle come through with that option and it was an LS. He said that if I wanted that, I could not test drive it and I would need to order it from the factory. This, he said, would take about 4 months. Does anyone have an opinion on this? Is that true that it is a very rare option? Does anyone have it? Is it worth the wait? I know there was some brief discussion about this topic a few months ago, but I thought perhaps there would be some new information available. I was also suprised to hear that the dealership will be receiving the 2008s at the end of July. Does anyone know what is changing, if anything? My dealer couldn't say for sure -- suprisingly. Thanks!
  • dscubadscuba Member Posts: 6
    devon_ga, that sounds about what I paid for mine...my price included a warranty as I plan on keeping it longer than 4 years. Hope your enjoying your ES350 as much as I am.
  • mmarketosmmarketos Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to give everyone an update on my ES350 purchase (Premium Plus, no nav) with Sean at Sewell. I actually live in Austin and did everything over the phone with Sean. I flew into Dallas yesterday for a business meeting and then went and picked up the car (Black on Black, chrome wheels) and drove it back to Austin. Sean was on vacation but had someone pick me up from the airport. I was in and out of the dealership in 30 minutes. All paperwork was ready to go and the car had been prepped and was waiting for me. I LOVE THIS CAR!! So far everything is great, although I think I detected a slight rattle in the dash by the drivers side (I am extremely anal when it comes to rattles, however). I am going to give it a couple of days and if it persists take it Lexus in Austin. Sean was extremely professional and worked well with me. I believe I got a great deal on the car and will DEFINITELY work with Sean again. This is my first Lexus, but I can't see myself ever leaving (especially when I compare my wife's Audi with this car...they were almost the same price but there is NO comparison).
  • fritzy100fritzy100 Member Posts: 1
    salesman said on es350 you can use regular gas, brochure recommends premium. What has been your experiences with gas?

Also price quite 33,000 for base with premium pkg,rear seat air bags, full spare, accessory pkg (wheel locks, net mat)
  • aubs2aubs2 Member Posts: 1
    I,too, went to Lexus of Tampa Bay and got the $3,000 off. By the time I selected the nav system with chrome wheels I was quoted a price of 40,817 before tax and fees. I feel like they get you coming and going. Is there a better deal somewhere between Atlanta and Tampa?
  • greentea_cagreentea_ca Member Posts: 10
    offered 07 ES350 premium package w/o Navi, OTD 36500 in CA.
    thanks for your comments!
  • kk79kk79 Member Posts: 4
    Does one need to pay extra for the Backup Camera option if getting the Premium Plus with Navigation with basic Audio.
  • kk79kk79 Member Posts: 4
    Sounds good. i just negotiated the same configuration for 37,150..
    luckily, i have given a refundable deposit - would defn try to bring it down to your price.

Do you know if the backup camera is included?
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    I am looking for the price people are paying on a base model ES 350 in south Florida. Jm lexus had them in the paper for 32,995 for Memorial day. for july I understand there is a $1000.00 Lexus owner cash avalible.Is $31,995 possible?.In Florida the lowest msrp I have seen is right at $35,000.
    THANKS
  • sunilshenoisunilshenoi Member Posts: 1
    I looked at all your posts during my recent purchase, so I hope someone else finds this info useful:

I contacted a bunch of dealers for an ES 350 with Premium Plus and Nav. MSRP is 41,612 (website says 41,465).

(prices listed are first offers and do not include documentation fees because they vary by dealer, usually $199 to $299.)
    Bridgewater, NJ -> $36,859 (BEST PRICE)
    Greenwich, CT -> $36,894 (invoice)
    New Haven, CT -> 37,394
    Hartford, CT -> 37,794 (they later matched Greenwich)
    Ray Catena, NY -> 37,600
    NewCountry Latham, NY -> 37,894
    Springfield, MA -> 37,900
    Smithtown, NY -> 38,394
    Westport, CT -> 38,569
    Rallye, NY -> couldn't match Greenwich

I had a trade-in, so I only planned to visit places that gave me good offers via e-mail. Greenwich gave me a great price immediately. New Haven was close and said they could probably match it, but I didn't have time to visit them. Hartford said they'd match the Greenwich price.

I wanted a smoky granite mica with black leather, Greenwich had one coming on a ship in 7 days or less, whereas others said 2-3 weeks. I was ready to buy the car from Greenwich. When I called to confirm their fees, I couldn't get ahold of my internet salesperson, nor the manager I met with in person. Finally, I got ahold of another salesperson, he said he'd look up the fees and call me back in a few minutes. He called back 6 hours later. By that time, the car I wanted was already sold and the next one would be there is 2-3 weeks. The new salesperson kept telling me how I had to "pull the trigger," that they'd get a car for me from another dealer but I had to pay a $2000 deposit before they'd even locate the car. I resented the hard sell since other salespeople were pretty good. But overall, I was really annoyed and decided it wasn't worth the hassle of going to Greenwich if I couldn't get ahold of salespeople and if they couldn't call me back in time.

Most of the dealers' internet salespeople were pretty nice and offered the same Lexus service (loaner cars, pickup/delivery services for major tuneups). I would have liked to go to Bridgewater, but it was just too far away.

I ended up buying from Hartford because it was the closest dealer to me, they gave me a great price for the car, and they gave me the same trade-in value as other dealers did. Their documentation fee is $299, which is slightly annoying, considering Greenwich is only $199. But the registration fee for transferring plates was $13 less, so I only ended up paying $87 more. It was well worth it because the internet sales manager was responsive by e-mail, didn't pressure me, and was very patient in person while we test-drove and considered the ES 350, GS 350 AWD, and the RX 400h. My ES 350 will be straight off the ship in a couple weeks. I'd highly recommend going to Hartford for a Lexus because the price was great and so was the service.
  • dw8534dw8534 Member Posts: 5
    Can I know exact what few other extras you got? numbers I got from Rockville of MD is $37,394 and Towson is $37,844 for premium plus package with nav system, so I am trying to ask them much your price but I would like to know more details if you do not mind. TIA.
  • njcargirlnjcargirl Member Posts: 1
    Those of you out there who have recently bought a 2007 ES350 with the Premium Plus package - what were you able to successfully negotiate? Below invoice? Please specify price with details and dealer. If you have a $0 down lease with tier 1 credit, please share the leasing factor and residual too.
    Purchased a 2007 ES 350 with Premium Plus package and Navigation for $36,894 + tax OTD from Lexus of Watertown (Boston) today. Purchased from Ed Grady, Salesman, who was great, although everyone else was rather questionable. They were quite accomodating, it just took a lot of work. All of your posts have been very helpful, I hope this is to you.
  • car4maddycar4maddy Member Posts: 3
    Also looking for best price in Central NJ - went to Bridgewater NJ and priced the 2007 ES350 with the Premium Plus Package - Offer was $41,800.00 including taxs and all fees - have you received better pricing?
    can u tell me where you purchased the new es350 for 36800.00 sounds like a great price
    Got 2007 ES350 with Premium Plus package w Navigation for $37,000 even + TTL from Lexus of Rckville, MD. That place was so busy we waited for more than 30 mins to speak to a salesman, that made me very happy I got enough time to study the car.

We know they are going to play salesman/manager game so my wife and I did the same thing, I started with number I got from their internet sales manager ($37,389)and push down a little bit then wife steped in and finished the job. ALWAYS ask for extras even after number game, we got free all weather floormats in that way. Overall not a very bad deal IMHO. This place gave me lots of help I wish everyone here got a good deal.
    Yes - I am in the market for puchasing a ES350 having difficulty sending you email. please advise on email address.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    If anyone is shopping for ES350 in the valley, I recommend to visit Lexus of Chandler before you buy one. No one can beat their pricing or customer service. There is no salesman/manager games and also the finance guys give you great deals on extras if you plan to buy one. Even their after market sales is better than corporate Lexus, they'll make sure you are 100% satisfied with the vehicle. I have had very good buying and after market experience. The sales manager gave clear carpet and touch up paint at no cost and the finance guy charged me the same price as any shop for window tinting. I highly recommend this dealer.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Check your e-mail, then. I sent you a note regarding your participation.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    If you live in New Jersey or close by and are looking to get an ES350 or a Lexus in general, I know from experience that there is only one dealer that will beat any NJ dealer's price quote on the car.

They were offering me the Lexus ES350 Ultra Luxury with an MSRP of $44xxx for $39xxx, which is basically invoice and had I got an even lower quote they would have beat/matched the price in addition. I ended up buying an Acura (would do things different given the second chance) but this dealer is certainly thee one to see for Lexus buyers in New Jersey:shades:
  • blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    What is the current lease deal you're getting ? and what are you looking to get (deal wise) ?
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Want to buy Lexus ES350 with navigation system. Does anyone have experience with a dealer in the Houston, TX area?

Thanks
  • cyearycyeary Member Posts: 2
    NOT A GOOD DEAL. I WAS OFFERED THE SAME CAR BY THE INTERNET MANAGER IN SO. CAL FOR $32,000.00.
  • pmpkin123pmpkin123 Member Posts: 14
    well, not sure about houston area, but i just picked up the premium plus w/nav including wood steering wheel, park assist, and mudflaps......... for 300 over invoice, or at least what they showed me as invoice..... about 36,950.

it was dallas area, plano dealership. That said, they told me southeast region only ships 3 trim packages, so would think houston is same. With the year getting shorter and shorter, i would think invoice is now possible, with 1/4 % less finance rate than your local credit union will offer.

good luck

pumpkin
    I was hoping since it's near time for the 2008's to come out, the 2007 Lexus 350 price would come down. I also read an earlier post that thought the new Infinity 35 (I think that's the right number) would cause some competition and bring the price down. What are your thoughts? I am in no hurry and can wait till the 2008's come out in hopes the 2007 would be more affordable. Still wondering if anyone has gotten any good deals in the Houston area. I live in College Station so could drive to Austin, San Antonio, even Dallas if the deal is right. The Lexus package options are so confusing it is hard to get an invoice price because to get Premium Plus pkg it includes Premium Pkg, but it requires the rear seat side bags etc...I think it is meant to confuse the consumer. Even the Consumer Report put out with the invoice price and MSRP price is hard to follow in the packages and options on the Lexus.
    Thanks Pmpkin. I was so busy typing I overlooked your post. Is your $36,950 before TTL?

jmano1
    For 2008 the Lexus ES 350 receives restyled outside rear-view mirrors for a sleeker look. Inside, the ES adds two rear personal lamps for added passenger convenience.

The ES 350 will carry a base MSRP of $33,720, an increase of $250, or 0.7 percent.
  • espo1espo1 Member Posts: 27
    Where are you finding info on the 2008 ES 350?
  • greentea_cagreentea_ca Member Posts: 10
    thanks for your post! very useful information. :)
  • pmpkin123pmpkin123 Member Posts: 14
    yeah, sorry, been out of town. In fact, wife took car for road trip with kids......... and really likes it.

We tried the G35 as a loaner car for several days, and have to say, the fit and finish/ but more importantly the "feel" of the es350 is much nicer. One thing that irked me about G35 was the seat adjustment buttons are on right side by console, almost on my right leg? strange place and uncomfortable for me.

as for prices, and interest rates? There seemed to be plenty of the color & options package that I was interested in. I got the #2 of the 3 offerred. So, nav included, but not the Mark levinson radio.

I got this option list from them at park place lexus, plano texas

2007 Lexus ES 350

Package I – “Premium” - *$38,157
     Premium leather trim interior with real wood accents
     Heated and Ventilated front seats
     Driver memory: Seat, Steering Wheel, Outside Mirrors
     Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
     Bluetooth Compatibility
     6 Disc, single feed in dash CD player in the console.
     Rain-sensing Wipers
     Driver Seat Extender
     Carpeted Cargo Mat
     Wheel Locks
     Power Rear Sun Shade
     Body Side Moldings
     Smart Key

Package II – “Navigation” - *$41,322
    Adds to Package I:
     High Intensity Headlamps with AFS
     Lexus Navigation System with Voice Activation and
    Backup Camera

Package III – “Ultra Luxury” - *$44,842
     Mark Levinson Audio Package
     Park Assist
     Panoramic Sun Roof

*Prices subject to change without notice

it "does" have the rear camera for helping back up, which I mistakenly thought was park assist..... :)

if you do get to plano to deal with them, I spoke to the oldest internet manager there, T.A. , and he got emails from me as "which"..........

Reason I say it, is, he was very no nonsense, gave me the price i asked for $300 over invoice as far as I could tell.... (made me think there was alittle more room, verified i think by their summer sale athon)

well worth the drive up, but actually.... I would consider asking them to meet you halfway. I am willing to bet that if park place sold you the car, they would deliver it to waco. If not free, certainly cheaper than you driving it back yourself :), but ......... if you are married?

Take the wife up to dallas as a surprise..... stay at the "W" hotel, spend evening drinking at Ghostbar, and when you get ready to leave? have the lexus in the hotel garage to drive home with. You will probably have a smile on your face all the way home.

good luck

pumpkin
  • walteruwalteru Member Posts: 3
    Can you let us know which dealership and where it is? Thanks
    I got excatly the same quote from Rockville Lexus this afternoon. Have you tried to have them matching those NJ prices posted in this forum?
  • tarkiotarkio Member Posts: 4
    I've seen posts where people buy a Lexus from a dealer that is close to their home for convenience after purchase. Even though sales people will say you will be better taken care of after the sale if you buy from them, it is nonsense.

My best friend is a fixed-cost manager at a large Lexus dealership. These are the guys who make the money for the dealership. They are responsible for almost everything EXCEPT new car sales. All of the real profit is made in finance and service. Anything made in new car sales is just gravy.

The majority of the marketing money is spent on keeping the service department busy, and Lexus pays the dealership for warranty work. Any Lexus dealership will welcome new service business no matter where you bought the car.

I've had a Toyota and a Lexus that I bought far from home and then had service performed at a nearby dealer. I always had the same level of service as anyone else.
  • uvawahoouvawahoo Member Posts: 23
    Just picked up a 2007 Lexus ES350 Ultra luxury in black saphire (blue). The car has everything (ML, XM(factory installed), Nav, panormaic moon roof etc...)

Dealership: Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, Va
    Dealer: Man Khanna
    Price: $40,285 + $715 destination fee = $41,000 Before TTL

Out the door price: $42,4XX...

I hope this helps. The ultra luxury is a hard car to find, and I even had to wait 2 weeks to get her.
    Just purchased an ES350 from Lexus of Sliver Spring, MD

Options: primium package, rear side airbag, full size spare tire, convenient package (mat, net etc)

MSRP=36,117; Invoice=32,388; purchase price=32,388
    (all figures include $715 freight charge)
    Yes, but I let them think the number is from Towson.
    That is a great buy! I spent extra $4612 just for backup camera!
  • laslotothlaslototh Member Posts: 1
    Just a quick note to thank you for your research. I stopped into Hoffman Lexus yesterday and did an invoice deal in 10 minutes based on your post. Saved me a ton of time and effort. I pick up my new ES350 tonight.

BTW, Don Salierno says hello. He remembers you well.
    On the Lexus ES350 I am looking to buy the Package II and was wondering if anyone bought this package and what their drive out price was. Tax in TX is 6.25. Pumpkin that seems to be the pkg you purchased. The best deal I can find right now is $38,180....may be my fault I did not get better because I said I didn't want to pay anymore than 4% over invoice. He says their invoice price is $36,712. When I got the consumer report I figured their price was more like $35,244.

Thanks. I am trying to finalize the deal today.
    Was your salesman name Tony Arthur?

Thanks
    You should not want to pay more than 4% over their actual cost, not their invoice. As a guide, and this is very general, their invoice price is probably about 3-4% over their actual cost. Therefore, if you can pay their invoice, you are probably getting a pretty good deal. The $35,244 counts the dealer's 2% holdback. You can ask for part of that, but they will probably say NO. But, if you don't ask, and get them down to their invoice, about $36,900 for the Premium Plus with Nav (which I believe is what you are referring to), you will be silently getting part of it and everyone should be happy. From there, try to negotiate it some extras (their arn't many for the ES), but you can probably get some all-weather mats or something. Also, if you are entering a trade, that is a good place to nogotiate up with after you have met too much resistance on the purchase price.
    Thanks for your response. When I said invoice I meant their cost, but I probably didn't communicate that well to you or one of the sales people I talked to. I recently talked to TA out of Plano (same sales person Pumpkin used) and have negotiated a price of $37395. I am happy with it and I think it is a good deal. The car won't be in until 8/15 and it includes the navigation system. In TX, the southeast region they have 3 pkgs (IF I am understanding correctly) and this is the middle package - Not sure what is on the luxury pkg...I believe that one might include the Mark whoever navigation system.
    Anyway I am happy with this deal thus far. Oh- he also said they could deliver - (I am about 3 -4 hrs away from Plano, TX) and we could fedex paper work. So far so good.
    Sounds good. Congratulations! I think you will really enjoy it. Are you getting an '07 or the first of the '08s?
  • zhanzhan Member Posts: 4
    Is there anybody bought es 350 2007 model from Austin TX and what is the price?

Thanks,
    I am from College Station and was going to check prices at the dealership in Austin, but when we drove through there on Friday (on the way to Kerville) it was raining like crazy. I did check Houston dealers, and San Antonio, but got the best price from TA at the Plano Lexus dealership. I got a 2007 w/ the navigation system (I guess you call that package II) for $37,350. (I posted $37,395 earlier but it is $37,350 with a drive out of around $39,950) I was still kind of lukewarm on the getting the Lexus because even at that price it is an expensive car. Today I was at the store and when I walked out a Lexus ES 350 was parked next to me and when I saw that car I thought "YES!!!! I REALLY like it." Not having a Lexus dealer here I did not get to make several trips to dealerships and check them out, so when I saw the car today I was thrilled!!
    We are getting a 2007...I am going to be happy with that, but in the back of my mind I am thinking if it would be worth it to get a 2008.
    I contacted TA out of Plano because of your post and I think I got a good deal. (He was very a jovial guy!). I am excited to get the car. I got black w/gray int, but it won't be in Plano until the 15th and he said they would deliver to College Station. I only hope that I don't regret waiting and getting a 2008. I really think I got a super deal though and no way would I be able to get a 2008 at such a bargain now.
  • klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    I'm interested in buying a 2007 ES350 with premium plus pkg, power sunshade, heated & ventilated front seats, wood & leather steering wheel, and bluetooth. Sticker is $38,195.

Based on preliminary inquiries, I have received a driveout price of $37,500. Has anybody bought an ES350 in the Houston area? If so, what kind of deals are available now? Please provide dealership name and sales if possible. Thanks in advance for your response.