Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57
    How much do they charge for delivery to College Station? I live in Houston. I'd be interested if the price is right. Thanks.
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    I talked to Northside and McCalls but I wanted the navigation pkg. The best deal I could get with that included was $38180 with a drive out of appx. $40,850 and that was at McCalls. I think the best Northside ever gave me $39,177 BEFORE TTL etc..and that was on a car WITHOUT the navigation system because the salesperson didn't remember.
    I am talking to TA in Plano in the morning, but I am under the impression that there will be no delivery charge.
    Did you TMV with the options you want?
    Hmm... If you do not have to pay a delivery fee, that would be great. What's TMV?
  • zhanzhan Member Posts: 4
    Got a drive out price in Austin 36722
    Dallas SeWell 36700 for a es 350 pre pak. without nav. 2007 model. Is this a good price? Thanks,
    True Market Value that Edmunds gives.
    Oh, I see. Well, it's $35,704 before TT&L vs $38,195 MSRP.
    I think that's a good price. I was quoted $37,500 driveout. However, the price should decline more as the 2008's are coming out soon. Not sure about the amount though.
    I have not talked to TA out from Plano yet. We keep missing each other. Looks like Zhan out of Austin is getting the same pkg as you and his quote is about $778 less. What car dealership are you dealing with in Houston?
  • pmpkin123pmpkin123 Member Posts: 14
    Jano,

sorry, have been working too much...

if you were to get the 2007, which it sounds like you "may" be committed to by now....... i would think right at invoice would be more than fair!

That would make it 36,650 for the package II. I paid 300 over that, but it was an offer I made, and Tony Arthur did not hesitate to accept. But....... I think he knew I had little room to go up. So....... I think anything between invoice and 36,950 is more than a fair price. AND.......... it seems all you would have to do is ask for it. By now there is the summer sales special on, and I think (but not positive) that there is $1000 worth of dealer incentives available to them perhaps? As well, the interest rate from lexus should be good right now? otherwise, what is the point of their advertising summmer sale?

As for tony, yes, very very nice and easygoing to work with. I figured delivery would not be a problem, Lexus gets a lot of mileage out of service like that....

by that I mean, you will tell a lot of folks, and they will actually think its cool, so good advertising for Lexus, and also....... very very good for Park Place lexus to get their name out across state as someone who you can buy a car from over the internet, and not get hundreds of miles put on just for the trouble.

So, sorry it took so long, but jano, sounds like you may be on right track.

pumpkin
    zhan--

no, not that good a price! i got the premium plus WITH nav for36,950.

if u want that deal, check with tony arthur at park place plano. he's the internet guy there, and i got that deal just by email.... he is very laid back, very nice, NO GAMES, overall a great experience!

tell them :which" sent you, not that I get anything, but i was poor, and told him, so it was nice, and easy. Honestly........ if it had not been invoice, I would not have been able to afford the car... so worked out for everyone. specially me :)

ask jano2 how his experience has been as well.

pumpkin
    I knew you said you were getting the car for $300 over invoice, but I wasn't sure if $36,950 was invoice or the total. You are getting a little better deal than me, but it is close. Before I added the side moldings the price was $37,350, but now it's $37,700. What Tony told me about the molding is that they were standard equipment for the first 3 months and then customers wanted rear air bags and full size spares. To keep cost down they took molding off and added the spare and air bags. He also said on Edmunds they say the price for moldings is $199, but they does not include the labor to put the moldings on at the dealership. Now if you tell me your cost included the side moldings I might think I didn't get such a good deal, but I am happy so far.
    I put my deposit down this afternoon and the car should be in around Aug. 15.
    Pumpkin,

Is that the drive out price for 36950? with NAV.

Thanks,
    Hey Zhan,

I don't mean to answer for Pumpkin, but yes he did get the navigation system, but that price is before TTL.

I also dealt with Tony in Plano and got the navigation system,
    (It's called Package II. Look back through the posts and Pumkin listed the packages sent to him By Tony) and my quote was $37,350. Drive out price was around $39,942. I then decided to add the body side moldings for another $350.

I think you should at least ask for a quote from Tony at the Plano Lexus dealership. You can do it all over the internet. It cannot hurt to try. You might be pleasantly surprised! I could be wrong, but I just have a good feeling about him.

Good luck!
    Westside, Clear Lake, and Sterling McCall.
    zhan,

yes, jano is is right, if you look through earlier posts you will see the equipment that is "standard" for southeastern region dealers according to tony. I did not put TTL in there or fees in the price quote since not all forum participants are from texas :)

But they will get here as soon as they can :)

so, yes, i paid 36,950, and you could prob get it for 36,650 just for asking. Or just ask for the moldings to be put on free LOL

but........ i agree with poster several months back. Its not the couple hundred that makes a diff, its the attitude. And park place/tony arthur have been great to deal with so far.

Tell them jano and which sent you, and Jano, or zhan? if you want to tease tony? ask him why the bottled water is NOT cold for the customers LOL, he might get a kick out of that.

pumpkin
  • johnymackjohnymack Member Posts: 18
    Bought on 07-28-2007

I paid $34,500.00 for my ES 350 at Sewell Lexus Dallas. The only thing it did not have is Navigation, High Intensity Headlamps, Mark Levinson Audio, Park Assist, Panoramic Sun Roof and Chrome Wheels.

Sewell wanted $1,700 for Chrome wheels, I got the same wheels for $750 shipped to my door from L.A. Wheel and Tire.

My experience with Sewell was absolutely wonderful; I did all my negotiating by e-mail with both Park Place Lexus Grapevine and Sewell Lexus of Dallas. Park Place also offered me the same price of $34,500.00 but did not include Window tint, Hand painted pin stripes and All weather floor mats. Park Place did include the plastic stone chip hood protector though, Sewell did not.

E-mail me if you want the sales managers name, he was fantastic, it only took one hour to sign all paper work and purchase the car. My interest rate with Lexus was 5.99%.

Things I don’t like about the car so far: Engineer who designed interior lights should be fired (Cannot see a thing, very dim), driver side Ventilated front seat works better than passenger side, ceiling is a little low, not much head room (I am only 5’-10”). Other than that I love the car, my previous car was a 2000 E320 Mercedes.

Package I – “Premium” - $38,157
    - Premium leather trim interior with real wood accents
    - Heated and Ventilated front seats
    - Driver memory: Seat, Steering Wheel, Outside Mirrors
    - Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
    - Bluetooth Compatibility
    - 6 Disc, Single feed in dash CD player in the console
    - Rain-sensing Wipers
    - Driver Seat Extender
    - Carpet Cargo Mat
    - Wheel Locks
    - Power Rear Sun Shade
    - Body Side Moldings
    - Smart Key

They also threw in the following:
    - Window Tint
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Hand Painted Pin Stripes
    - All Weather Floor Mats

Total list price of car was $39,100.00……….I only paid $34,500.00.

Sale Price - $34,500.00
    Sales Tax - $2,156.25
    Dealer's Inv. Tax - $80.07
    Documentary Fee - $50.00
    Deputy Fee - $5.00
    License, Trans, Title - $103.80
    Inspection - $23.75
    Sub-Total - $36,918.87

Good Luck, John
    E-mail – jm_proe@yahoo.com

P.S. I followed this web-sight in buying a car and it absolutely works: How to save money buying a new car in 5 quick steps.
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/buyingnewcar.htm
    The key is to get a internet quote from the Dealer through Kelly Blue book or Nada.com, this will cut out the middle man (the salesman) and you will save by not paying commission to the salesman. Internet price will always be far less than walking through the door and getting a price.
    Pumpkin- I will ask Tony about that water- I will let you know about his response. I should be talking to him again today.
    If my husband had been dealing with Tony he probably would have asked him to throw in the moldings and I should have asked him, but I didn't. :blush:
    Well now I am excited to get my car. I hope I am super happy with it. That's a lot of money for a car even if you are getting a good deal. I told my husband we needed to save for our old age and not be buying expensive cars :)
    Klee3

Like I told Zhan - I would at least call Tony or email him at the Lexus dealership in Plano and get a price quote and ask him what you can work out for delivery. If he won't go all the way to Houston maybe there is a good half way meeting point. Of course if you have a trade-in that won't work.

Good luck and let us know what you do.
    Hey Pumpkin - what color car did you get? Was it the white?

Hey what color did the rest of you get???

I got the black with gray interior. I really wanted the IS 350 because it is sportier, but my husband did not. He said it was too small. One of the salesman I talked to in San Antonio thought the black looked sportier in the ES (which was one of the colors :( I was thinking about anyway). The white car I looked at in San Antonio seemed to be a bright white not the pearly looking white (which I like) I also kind of liked the moon shell mica. Did anyone see the Tigers Eye Mica color??? It's a chocolate brown with a little shimmer, but that's only available on the sports Coupe. I REAlly liked that color.
    I called Tony today. He's been very helpful. I am still deciding between 2007 and 2008. Also, Navigation system is very appealing. I will buy a silver ext. and black int.
    That's a great price, John. Congrats on getting such a great deal. I wonder if the manager is willing to do the same deal again. It must have been a end of the month deal.
    Klee3,

I wanted black interior, but my husband said it wold be too hot. Heck In TX it's gonna be hot if you get snow white!
    Let us know the outcome. - That is a good price johnnymac got from Sewell!
    Congrats on getting a good deal! I think I read a post waaaaay back about someone else that used Sewell in Dallas and got a good deal. Just FYI I also got a Consumers Report on the Lexus besides using the Edmunds web sight.
    Wow, I heard The spoiler is $355, the tint is 299, the stripe is 125, and all weather mats are $125.

That will be over 1000 bucks already.

If this is true that is the best price I heard so far.
  • paja25cztxpaja25cztx Member Posts: 6
    hey, did u paid $36950 before TTL? or at the door. I can decide if buy new or 2007 preowned but price difference is only $2000 and cars have about 15000 miles. I briefly talked to one sales guy and he has dropped price from $38000 to $35000 on the new car. I read on this forum that someone got it for $4500 off $39000 What do u guys recommend?
    Thanx Paul
    paja-
    Are you looking for a car w/navigation? I know Pumpkin's price is before TTL and includes navigation.
    Yes, this price is true, I just e-mailed you a copy of my contract from Sewell

Prices on options seem to vary from dealer to dealer:
    - Window Tint/Hand Painted Pin Stripes - $395
    - Rear Spoiler - $449
    - All Weather Floor Mats - $99

They wanted almost $800 for Sirius radio installed; I bought new original OEM Lexus Sirius radio kit for $300 off of e-bay. It’s amazing how much these dealers jack up the prices.
    not sure, probably without,.... not sure if really need it,... But would like HID headlights and they told me it's part of the package:-( Would love it in aquamarine blue:-). How much u think i should pay for 07 With 17000 miles? They asking $36000 but i think 30000 is fair,.... It's used,..... though 07,... dunno:-( I think I'd be better of with new one than $2000 off and car has 17000 miles on it,....
    Thanx Paja
    You can get a new one for $36,000!! I don't know how much they depreciate but it is nearly time for 2008's to be out and new 07's will probably be even cheaper. I would make an offer that makes you feel like you got a good deal. All they can do is say no, but $36.000 is just plain ridiculous.
  • sicom007sicom007 Member Posts: 46
    Anyone buy a 2007 ES 350 recently in Northern or Southern California?

I need some prices that others are paying and also the name of dealers where they bought from.

I need a car with bluetooth & Navigation. I don't care too much about the other options.

Can someone please help?
    On page 1 of this forum are some CA people talking about their experiences. You might hit reply on one of their posts and maybe they can give you helpful info.
  • kslexuskslexus Member Posts: 2
    Could you please send me the contact information at Sewell. I am looking for a car like the one you recently purchsed. Thank you
    If you haven’t done so already please send me an e-mail at my home address, when I get home tonight I will e-mail you the info.
    Thanks, John
    jm_proe@yahoo.com
    Can someone please comment if this is a good price or not?
    The dealer faxed me an invoice with the following options. Has more than what I need :)

Factory Installed Accessories: BE FS HL HN NV PA PT WU
    Port Installed Accessories ..: GN LM WL

# PERFORMANCE FEATURES
    * 3.5 Liter 272HP Four Cam 24-Valve V6 Engine
    All-Aluminum Engine Construction & Dual VVTi
    * 6-Speed Automatic Transmission w/Sequential Shift
    * Front Wheel Drive
    * Dual Exhaust with Seamless Chrome Tips
    * 4-Wheel Independent MacPherson Strut-Type
    Suspension with Gas Pressurized Shock Absorbers
    Front and Rear Stabilizer Bar
    * 4-Wheel Power Assisted Ventilated Front/Solid
    Rear Disc Brakes
    * 17" Aluminum Alloy 7-Spoke Wheels
    * 215/55R17 All-Season Tires

# SAFETY FEATURES
    * Dual Front Airbags, Dual Front Knee Airbags, Front
    Seat-Mounted Side Impact Airbags, Fr & Rr Side
    Curtain Airbags, Supplemental Restraint Sys (SRS)
    3-Point Safety Belts for All Seating Positions
    * Fr & Rr Outboard Seat Belt Pretensioners with
    Force Limiters
    * Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with TRAC
    * 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with
    Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
    * Energy Managing Crumple Zones, Side Door Beams
    * Theft-Deterrent System w/ Engine Immobilizer
    * Projector-Bulb Headlamps w/ Integrated Foglamps/
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
    * Variable Intermittent Wipers with Mist Control
    * Tire Pressure Monitor System
    * Tool Kit and First Aid Kit

# LUXURY AND CONVENIENCE FEATURES
    * SmartAccess with Push Button Start/Stop
    * 10-Way Power Adjustable Driver & Passenger Seats
    includes 2-way Power Lumbar
    * Electrochromic Auto-Dimming Interior Mirror
    * Heated Outside Mirrors
    * One-Touch Open/Close Pwr Tilt-and-Slide Moonroof
    * Automatic Dual Zone Climate Control
    * Automatic On/Off Headlamps
    * Lexus Premium Audio System w/In-Dash 6-Disc CD
    Player Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) & MP3
    Player Connectivity (miniplug) & 8-Speakers
    * Power Front and Rear Windows with Auto One-
    Touch Up/Down and Pinch Protection
    * Power Door Locks with Anti-Lock Out
    * Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel w/Audio &
    Display Functions & Column-Mounted Cruise Control
    * Key FOB-Integrated Multi-Function Remote Entry Sys
    * Rear Glass Imprinted Antenna w/FM Diversity Sys
    * Front Cup Holders with Adjustable Holder Ring
    * Rear Arm Rest with Cup Holders
    * Heavy-Duty Rear Window Defogger with Timer
    * Scheduled Maintenance Indicator Light
    * Lexus Personalized Settings
    * LED Interior Lighting
    * Carpeted Floor Mats

MSRP $41,822
    My price $36,262 + TTL

Should I pull the trigger or wait as prices seem to be coming down. This is from a dealer in So. Cal. Since I am in Nor. Cal, I need to drive down there to pick up the car.
    The navigation system is included right? It is a great price!!!! Can you get the dealer to deliver the car to you or meet halfway? Just FYI the best price I have seen for these options (including the navigation system) is $36,950. The prices may come down more but will you be able to get all these options and will the color you want be available? You might could sit on it a while and see what happens.
    Keep us posted.
  • kslexuskslexus Member Posts: 2
    Wow! great deal. Which dealer is this from? I would be interested in seeing the invoice and finding out your point of contact.
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    This is one hell of a price.
    The cheapest I got was 37K
    South Bay Lexus. My sister bought a GX470 from the dealer early this year and that is how I came to know the Internet Manager.
    Yes Navigation is built in. I thought someone got a similar car for ~$36,100 from GLendale Lexus in So. Cal. I will call the contact tomorrow and see if she is willing to go down further.

She said that 2008's are coming so most of the colors might get sold out soon.

The dealer can ship it for extra $$ but cannot meet me halfway. She will come and pick me up from the Airport though if I decide to fly in.
    My car will be in around the 20th and I paid 37,700. My original quote was 37,350 and I was thrilled to get that price. I added the body side moldings for an extra $350 (should have asked him to throw that in :( BUT I didn't. Stupid on my part.)I live in TX so I don't know if anyone in CA got it for 36,100. Sounds like you have a great deal though. I bet you can find a decent priced flight if you look around. You might already know this but around midnight on Tuesdays CT time(for some reason unknown to me) some flight prices drop. (I am pretty sure it is Tuesdays, but if I am wrong I will get back to you about the correct day.) If I got the price you are getting I would be jumping up and down! The 2008's aren't going to be much different - something having to do with mirrors is changing. I think you got a GREAT deal and I am jealous!
    can u give me phone number a name of your sales associate? U got a great deal!!!!! they just told me $37597 in Dallas.
    My e-mail is Paja25cztx@yahoo.com Thanx Paul
    Please check your email. I sent you the details. Hopefully you can get a similar deal.
    Thanx a lot I just e-maled her so I'm curious :-)
    Thanx Paul
  • pmaupmau Member Posts: 8
    I am thinking of buying lexus es350. Can you tell me what all packages you asked for. like is it standard + Premium Plus Package with Additional Options? what do the acronyms mean.

Factory Installed Accessories: BE FS HL HN NV PA PT WU
    Port Installed Accessories ..: GN LM WL

Also can u let me know the dealer ph. no to contact.

thanks
    ppamu
    BE - Rear Seat Airbags (I think this is standard on the Lexus)

HL HID headlamps w/adaptive front lighting system

NV Lexus Premium Navigation system

PA Intuitive Parking assist

PT Premium Plus Package (Look back a few pages in this forum. All 3 packages that are offered in the southeast region are listed. It was posted by Pumpkin).

WU Wood and Leather Steering Wheel

GN Cargo Net

LM Trunk Mat

WL Wheel Locks

Hope this helps
    She got me $36512 for nav. and $32500 without nav. I think that's not bad:-) Thanx a lot again. Paul
  • car_dezicar_dezi Member Posts: 1
    I am in Detroit and I am looking to buy a ES350 also.
    What kind of prices are you seeing?

Can someone email the information about the 36K deal
    My email db2dba_pp@yahoo.com
  • sfranchisesfranchise Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

Saw this forum and decided to seek some advice. Buying my first car from a dealer and need some negotiating tips. Saw several 07 loaner es350s for sale in long island NY, all stickered at $32,995 with premium plus lux package and mileage between 10k and 14k.. dealer said lowest he could go is 32,500.. I initially offered 30K and he basically laughed at me and said I would never find anything close to that and said the car's MSRP is between 38 and 39K. Does anyone know what the depreciation on this could be? The 32.5K sounds like a little much if I've been seeing people on here pulling 3-5k off msrp and since its used.. what do you consider a good price to pay for this and does anyone have any tips on chewing them down? Please help, I'm a young guy out of college and am looking to get the best deal I can! Thanks
  • pmaupmau Member Posts: 8
    Can you please send me the contact info of the sales person who offered that quote at pamupriya@yahoo.com. I am also interested in ES350.

thanks in advance.
    Please check your email. I have sent the contact details