Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Go to Edmunds.com and get the value for a used Lexus. The value will depend on the mileage and what kind of options are on the car. I think you can get a brand new one for $3-$4k more.
  • pmaupmau Member Posts: 8
    Thanks. I have contacted them for a quote.
  • liew888liew888 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. You got a very good deal. I am looking for a ES350 in the Bay Area. May I know which dealer and the sales person you got the car?
    Pls email to liew888@comcast.net
  • johnymackjohnymack Member Posts: 18
    Sfranchise,
    For another $2,000 I would buy a new one.

I followed this web-sight in buying a car and it absolutely works: How to save money buying a new car in 5 quick steps.
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/buyingnewcar.htm
    The key is to get a internet quote from the Dealer through Kelly Blue book, Nada.com or Edmunds, this will cut out the middle man (the salesman) and you will save by not paying commission to the salesman. Internet price will always be far less than walking through the door and getting a price.

Please see my post #743:

Bought on 07-28-2007

I paid $34,500.00 for my ES 350 at Sewell Lexus Dallas. The only thing it did not have is Navigation, High Intensity Headlamps, Mark Levinson Audio, Park Assist, Panoramic Sun Roof and Chrome Wheels.

Sewell wanted $1,700 for Chrome wheels, I got the same wheels for $750 shipped to my door from L.A. Wheel and Tire.

My experience with Sewell was absolutely wonderful; I did all my negotiating by e-mail with both Park Place Lexus Grapevine and Sewell Lexus of Dallas. Park Place also offered me the same price of $34,500.00 but did not include Window tint, Hand painted pin stripes and All weather floor mats. Park Place did include the plastic stone chip hood protector though, Sewell did not.

E-mail me if you want the sales managers name, he was fantastic, it only took one hour to sign all paper work and purchase the car. My interest rate with Lexus was 5.99%.

Things I don’t like about the car so far: Engineer who designed interior lights should be fired (Cannot see a thing, very dim), driver side Ventilated front seat works better than passenger side, ceiling is a little low, not much head room (I am only 5’-10”). Other than that I love the car, my previous car was a 2000 E320 Mercedes.

Package I – “Premium” - $38,157
    - Premium leather trim interior with real wood accents
    - Heated and Ventilated front seats
    - Driver memory: Seat, Steering Wheel, Outside Mirrors
    - Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
    - Bluetooth Compatibility
    - 6 Disc, Single feed in dash CD player in the console
    - Rain-sensing Wipers
    - Driver Seat Extender
    - Carpet Cargo Mat
    - Wheel Locks
    - Power Rear Sun Shade
    - Body Side Moldings
    - Smart Key

They also threw in the following:
    - Window Tint
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Hand Painted Pin Stripes
    - All Weather Floor Mats

Total list price of car was $39,100.00……….I only paid $34,500.00.

Sale Price - $34,500.00
    Sales Tax - $2,156.25
    Dealer's Inv. Tax - $80.07
    Documentary Fee - $50.00
    Deputy Fee - $5.00
    License, Trans, Title - $103.80
    Inspection - $23.75
    Sub-Total - $36,918.87

Good Luck, John
    E-mail – jm_proe yahoo.com

P.S. I followed this web-sight in buying a car and it absolutely works: How to save money buying a new car in 5 quick steps.
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/buyingnewcar.htm
    The key is to get a internet quote from the Dealer through Kelly Blue book or Nada.com, this will cut out the middle man (the salesman) and you will save by not paying commission to the salesman. Internet price will always be far less than walking through the door and getting a price.
  • ohnoitsjoeohnoitsjoe Member Posts: 1
    Hello:

I am trying to purchase an ES350 in the Cleveland OH area and am running into a roadblock negotiating with the two dealers in the area.

The dealer in Cleveland tried to push me to buy it at 36,625 and at my second visit a couple months later for 36,925. I was annoyed and haven't gone back.

The second dealer I've only dealt with online quoted 34,998 and then 34,588 and they're not budging.

Fleetrates.com gave me a verbal quote of $33,400. But are they credible?

I am going to NJ for a week in early September and was hoping you can pass along some of your contact information when you were pricing out models. I may purchase one and drive it back. I am looking at the ES350 with the premium package with additional items MRSP 37,387.

I can be contacted at Versionjpointo3@aol.com

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
    Joe
  • drbutterflydrbutterfly Member Posts: 2
    I need advice on 2 offers I've been given.

1st offer on ES350 2007 with Premium Pkg in Georgia is 33,400 plus dealer fees of 430. The advantage to this deal is that they are close to home and I will be servicing the car there anyways.

2nd offer on ES350 2007 with Premium Pkg in Florida is 31,900 plus dealer fees of 599. The convenience of this deal is obviously the price which will be saving us 1000+ but on the downside there is the one way flight to fl and driving it to Georgia 600 miles plus.

Whats a girl to do?
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Tell the first offer you got a better deal and ask if they can match it. They don't have to know it is in Florida. Just out of curiosity does your premium package include the navigation system? I think in different parts of the country they have different packages. Good luck! Let us know what happens.
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    I live in south FL. Can you tell me what dealer is offering you a price of $31,900 .

Thank you from hollywood FL.
  • johnymackjohnymack Member Posts: 18
    Hi drbutterfly,

I agree with Jano2, get the 2nd offer in writing, and then show it to the 1st offer.

If the 1st offer does not budge then you will save $1,500 minus about $300 for plane ticket, food and gas to drive back, so your total savings will be $1,300. The down side is the dealer closest to you will probably not come get your car and drop off a loaner. I would talk with the service manager at the 1st dealer to see what exactly they would do for you if you bought from another dealer. Usually the service manager could care less who you buy from they just want your business. Depending on what the service manager tells you I would than make my decision.

I would probably go with the 2nd offer……$1,300 is a good chunk of $$$$.
  • drbutterflydrbutterfly Member Posts: 2
    Ok so I gave the local dealer in Georgia a second chance and he met me half way after I calculated what the flight and transportation costs would be if picking the car in FL I bought the car for 32,500 with premium package no navigation. The dealer that quoted 31,500 is Lexus of Palm Beach. If you email me I can send you all the information sujo 007 at hotmail.com (no spaces)I hope this helps anyone looking to buying this car. I absoulutely love it so far and I've only put about 20 miles on it. Good luck to everyone.
  • adeasonadeason Member Posts: 2
    I'm planning to buy an ES 350 with navigation (not Mark Levinson)...MSRP of approx. $41,000. Can anyone tell me what they paid for this car...or what I can expect to pay?
    Thanks!
  • sksjedisksjedi Member Posts: 22
    Dear All,
    We are considering an ES350 in Houston, I was wondering what people are getting for prices in Houston, and what the current finance rate is for the summer sale that ends on september 4th. (i have read all the previous posts)

I have heard that the "December to Remember" sales event is similar, but I doubt that any 2007s will be left by then.

Thanks,

Sunil
  • pkumar1981pkumar1981 Member Posts: 15
    I purchased a ES350 nav + prm plus pkg. for 36,300 before taxes and fees. Black and grey interior leather. about $5,000 below sticker... :)
  • adeasonadeason Member Posts: 2
    Hello-
    Which dealership (or city) did you purchase your Lexus from? You got a great price...the best I've found in Fl is $37,500 (no dealer fee). Thanks!
  • ncsouthncsouth Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a lexus ES350. Has anyone had a good experience with any of the dealers here. I know there is one in raleigh, greensboro and charlotte. Who gives the best price? Or what do you think is afair price for one. I'm looking for PP with nav
  • ncsouthncsouth Member Posts: 2
    where r u from? where did u get this price?
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    New sleek side rear view mirrow and rear reading lights beside the handle on the roof and no UL package. Check this out...
    http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/
  • paja25cztxpaja25cztx Member Posts: 6
    where did u buy it from? CAn u give me contact please? Paja25cztx@yahoo.com
    Thanx Paul
  • scottinmemscottinmem Member Posts: 9
    Anyone have an idea as to how much of a price benefit there should be on the 2007 at this time. I'm trying to decide if it makes sense to wait on the 2008's.
  • littlewonderlittlewonder Member Posts: 20
    I am wondering the same thing. Any idea when the 2008s will be out?
  • 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    From where?
    I'm in Los Angeles.
    Very interested
    I'm in Valencia, Ca in SoCal
    South Bay?....duh

I'd love to get the number and address to this place.
    my email....nyrocketman@yahoo.com
  • drattandrattan Member Posts: 3
    What was the MSRP and Invoice price. Where did you buy it from? Please email me @ drasrattan@hotmail.com

Thanks.
  • hariom123hariom123 Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought my ES350 Ultra Luxury. Package Includes: Perforated Leather Trim Interior w/Memory Driver & Front Passenger's Seats, Outside Mirrors, Power Tilt/Telescoping Wood Steering Wheel, Panoramic Glass Roof, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats, High Intensity Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Rear Seat Side Airbags, Driver Power Cushion Extender, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Bluetooth, Full Size Spare Tire, Generation 5 Navigation System with Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Voice-Activation with Destination Input, Mark Levinson Premium Surround Audio with 14-Speakers, In-Dash 6-Disc DVD/CD Changer and Cassette Player. This vehicle has an MSRP of $43,489 and our Internet Selling Price is $39,264 plus tax and license.I paid $38500.Is it a good deal?
    Hariom123, Is that an 2007 or 2008 ES350 that you purchased?
  • hariom123hariom123 Member Posts: 2
    Its 2007 model.
  • drattandrattan Member Posts: 3
    Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharaon MA is a very good dealer ship. We got a very good deal there for ES-350.

Sales rep Brain Woodcock is a nice guy.
  • pfrosenpfrosen Member Posts: 3
    It is my understanding that there will still be a UL package even though it's not listed on the Lexus site. If you tried to build one last year, you would remember there also was no UL choice. :)
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    You may be correct...it is listed in their feature section "http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/features/exterior.html".
  • gqstylegqstyle Member Posts: 6
    I have been quoted the following in Northern NJ:

2007 Lexus ES 350 w/Premium Plus Package w/Navigation, Adaptive HID Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Intuitive Parking Assist, Wood Steering Wheel, Full Size Spare, Rear Side Airbags.

My price $37,500 + TTL (Any thoughts on this price?)

Also, the above comes with 7 spoke wheels and I would really like the 10 spoke wheels which I am being told are only available with the UL package. I don't think this is the case as I have seen ES 350s roll around that do not have the UL package (they have no panoramic roof) and have the 10 spoke wheels, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had to special request these or if they are something the dealer can accomidate with the vehicles in stock.

Thank you.
    My FIRST quote on the same deal....$37,995 + TTL
    So I think with that starting price there is MORE room to go.
    Go....36,995 and see what they say.
    Remember now that we're getting closer to the 08s the price will fall more as inventory stagnats.
    Being ONE year old even before getting off the lot, its already depreciated in value.
    Don't take the price is bottom line BS for the 07s.
    Also the residual value you can push to upwards of 55-60% especially on a 4 year of lower lease.
    Just my opinion. Seeing prices on used ES 300s with over 50k higher than almost new.
    I have a 03 with only 32k and the buyout is 15,850 with only 4 months left. Prices are fetching upwards 21k so I'd rather sell privately.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    I really liked them too - you can get them. But you have to buy them after the fact, around $2K (from the dealer I purchased from)...then you have a set of 7 spokes to sit in the garage or sell on Ebay. Or you can go to some outfit in CA and order a set of aftermarket (supposedly OEM) which are chrome, but you have to send them your wheels after you receive them as an exchange - they hold your credit card # if you don't send them the wheels. I've heard pro/con's about this deal -quality is not Lexus quality even though they're allegedly OEM (yeah, via China).

What I did was suck it up, stayed with the 7 spokes and get on with life.
    Z
  • jabber888jabber888 Member Posts: 5
    My mother in law needed a new car and I went in with her at a dealership in Redwood City. It took about 2 hours.

Any comments on the deal?

$33234.84 price
    $55 Doc Fee
    $2746.41 Sales Tax of 8.25%
    $28 DMV electronic fee
    $277 Lic
    $8.75 CA tire fee
    -------------------
    $36350 OTD

No Trade In/Cash Deal.

She got:
    Moon Shell Mica/Light grey interior

Premium Package includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior -Lexus Memory System to control power
    driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Remote keyless entry-linked memory
    - Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse

Additional Options:
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - 6-Disc In-Dash CD Auto Changer
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Trunk mat
    - Cargo net
    - Wheel locks
    Not the Plus package?
    You didn't pay for the additional options...?

Then it seems a fair price but that's just me.
    I would rather have the upgraded packages for the
    same price
    One other thing....name of rep and
    phone number please.
    I'm still looking...have a few months to go but it's better
    to start the hunt now. Plenty of 07 inventory out there.
  • blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    If you live in New Jersey or close by and are looking to get an ES350 or a Lexus in general, I know from experience that there is only one dealer that will beat any NJ dealer's price quote on the car.

They were offering me the Lexus ES350 Ultra Luxury with an MSRP of $44xxx for $39xxx, which is basically invoice and had I got an even lower quote they would have beat/matched the price in addition. I ended up buying an Acura (would do things different given the second chance) but this dealer is certainly thee one to see for Lexus buyers in New Jersey...he'll beat any price quote you get from another Lexus dealer in the state :shades:
    and the name of this dealer would be?
  • jabber888jabber888 Member Posts: 5
    No Nav
    all the options listed were included for the OTD price.

Purchased at Putnam Lexus.
    Can you post the phone # and rep
    please

thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

how about emailing me with the info?
    Is that ok?

markg47@sbcglobal.net
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    I've been told the end of September due to the recent quake in Japan.
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    I'd say about $1300. I'm already getting a very fair price on a 2008 ES350 considering this time of year.

But also keep in mind that the Premium Pkg with additional options combination on a 2007 will include Bluetooth Audio. It will not on a 2008.

Still, you must consider the difference in resale value between a 2007 and 2008 several years down the road.
  • scottinmemscottinmem Member Posts: 9
    Thanks sodaguy. I would have guessed about twice that. Are you in the business or have you negotiated both a 2007 and 2008?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • bing1bing1 Member Posts: 2
    Can you drop me an email too?
    zhqiu1@yahoo.com
  • tmahmoodiltmahmoodil Member Posts: 7
    Where did you get it from. Please let me know the contact info.

tmahmoodil@gmail.com
  • gqstylegqstyle Member Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone for commenting. I was able to get them down to $36,500 and will likely pull the trigger on Thursday.
  • mac1lsr1mac1lsr1 Member Posts: 20
    Hi everyone, I've been following the posts for a while, since deciding to purchase a 2007 ES 350 with Premium Plus Package. I sent out e-mail requests to 3 dealers - two in
    Southeastern PA and one in South Jersey. Two have replied with quotes of $41,1 and $39,3 on an MSRP of $41,6. These quotes are so high they are worthless to me. I guess I'll have to do battle with the salespeople to get a price closer to $37 or 37,5. It figures that the one dealer that didn't respond to my e-mail is the one that I bought my 2005 LS430 from.

To gqstyle: You got a fantastic price. Wish I got something close to that. I'd buy in an instant if I did.
    Here's my email
    Please provide the dealer/rep
    and number

Thanks a bunch

markg47@sbcglobal.net