Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    Don't pay more than $720 for the wheels...that's what I paid
  • mac1lsr1mac1lsr1 Member Posts: 20
    Thanks 4barbara, I was wondering the lowest anyone got chrome wheels for. Are yours the 7-spoke standard wheels chromed? Has anyone seen the 10-spoke wheels in chrome? I'm also looking at the LA Wheel and Tire website (lawheel.com) right now to compare. I'm not seeing the ES350 wheels listed. Wow, they've got some gorgeous wheels shown. I've got a set of O.Z.Racing Ultraleggera wheels on my LS430 right now, and I love them. Very good quality, and very lightweight. Bought them from TheTireRack.com, with tires mounted.
  • jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Yea!!! Good for you. I did the same thing you did. I tried to deal with 4 other dealerships. When I got to the last dealership (which I found from a post on this forum - thanks again Pumpkin!!) the internet manager TA gave me a price of $37,350 and I thought "DONE!". No more negotiating, no more shopping around I am satisfied with this price. I STILL feel good about the price and love the car. The only thing I would change are the cup holders! I think I have to have a giant tea or diet coke and the big cups don't fit well in the cup holder ---- I will get over it though :) . I also bought the black and got gray interior although I would have rather have black interior. I compromised w/my husband on the interior. He said black would be too hot. (Any color is going to be hot in TX). But I am happy!
    LA Wheel and Tire just quoted me the price for chrome versions of the 7-spoke factory wheels for the ES 350: $525, plus a $350 refundable security deposit, and (the shocker for me) $247 for shipping to my location in Southeastern PA. That is round-trip shipping, which means upon receiving your new chrome wheels, you ship back to them your original ES 350 wheels in the same boxes, and attach the supplied return mailing labels over the old labels. So the price is $772 for me. Then I have to factor in the price of locally having the tires transferred to the new wheels with balancing and tax. Maybe another $100? So I'm up to $872 to $900. Plus, I'll need to find a good tire shop that won't scratch my new chrome wheels. I'm waiting to hear from Prestige Lexus how much they want for chrome wheels.
    Yes, isn't it a great feeling when you've gotten a price you know is good, and you don't have to spend any more time on the phone and internet going back and forth between dealerships? All the time wondering if you are going to wind up with a color that is your 1st choice, 2nd choice, or worse. And when no fees have been added to the sales contract that are nothing more than other forms of profit-making by the dealership, the deal is so much more satisfying. I felt SO good the whole rest of the evening after I said yes to my deal.
  • johnymackjohnymack Member Posts: 18
    You will probably get my old ones; I just sent them back to LA Wheel two weeks ago. They only had 390 miles on them.
    I paid $225 to have them shipped to TX, what LA Wheel does is they lower the price on the rims and then jack up the price on the shipping. Sewell in Dallas wanted $1,700. So all said and done I paid $850 which is still a lot cheaper buying from the dealer.

I also bought an OEM Sirius tuner off of e-bay for $290 and had my friend install it for $100. The dealer wanted $800 before buying the car and then after I bought the car they wanted $1,000. I asked them why so much and they told me that it takes half a day to install. My friend installed it in 1.5 hours, it was real easy, if you take the side panel off next to the glove box the connection is right there on the back of the radio. Then he put the turner under the passenger seat and the antenna in the center on the back shelf. The whole thing is invisible and the only thing you see is a small black disc in the back window. The Sirius sounds great!

The next thing I’m going to do is put in a K&N air filter and see if the HP and mileage improves.
    Hey johnymack, you made me laugh. Maybe I will get your trade-in wheels. That's IF I get the chrome versions from LA Wheel and Tire. My dealer hasn't gotten back to me yet with the chrome wheel price, but if it's close to $1,700 like you were quoted, well then I don't need chrome wheels THAT badly. I'm also wondering how well chrome wheels hold up to road salt, which I will encounter in PA in winter. Hey, it just dawned on me: I can use the LA Wheel price as a bargaining chip with my dealer. The mark-up on things like chrome wheels and trunk spoilers must be very high, I'm guessing.
  • carbuyer350carbuyer350 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new ES350 in Crown Lexus in Ontario of CA. The price is $36,000 plus tax and lic. It includes premium plus package with navigation system. My friend bought another one at $32,000 without navigation system. Are they good price? Thanks.
  • mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    What was the MSRP of your car that you got for $36,000? Did your friends just not have NAV or did not have other options as well. I'm asking since there should only be a 2K-2.5K difference in price but he got his 4K less than yours? What was his MSRP? Was that the first offer from them or did you have to haggle a bit to get to that price? What other options were included in your car? Also did you lease or buy? If lease, can you let us know the MF and residual you got? Thanks.
    A typical ES350 with Premium Plus/NAV/Accessory Package has MSRP of $40,627 and Invoice of $35,698. Should we be able to get one at this stage under invoice now? Like $35,000 or less? Any ideas? So is $36,000 still just an OK price at this time?
    I think you are getting a great deal. I am no expert, and this is just my opinion, but I cannot see them going as low as $35,000 or less. The Lexus is too good of a car and too popular. Some dealerships across the country still are not willing to deal below $38,000 and $39,000.
  • cyfancyfan Member Posts: 2
    I ended up going with the GS 350 with Nav. Got it for $44,008. It was what orginally wanted, but the Ultra caught my eye. The price difference between the two was close enough to get back to the GS.

Good luck.
  • dochdezdochdez Member Posts: 1
    This price sounds great. I just came from Santa Monica and they quote me $38,200.00 (MSRP $41.822.00). Could you tell me which dealer gave you that quote. I want to call them ASAP. Thanks javierpsyd@aol.com
    If you configure a ES350 on Carsdirect.com with Premium Plus/NAV/PAP with MSRP of $40,627, they have it for $36,166 right off the bat. Thus you should be able to do better at the dealers. I would assume you can get another $500-$750 discount than Carsdirect.com price. Especially this weekend is the last of their sales event. So getting it for like close to $35,000 is not out of the question.
    That's high. On carsdirect.com you can configure one which has a MSRP of $41,866 for $37,123. You should be able to do better than carsdirect. So the dealer is already quoting you $1100 more. You should mention carsdirect.com's price and see what they can do? They should at least be able to match if not beat it.
    I have a consumers report for a 2007 Lexus ES 350 and would be glad to fax it to anyone who wants it. It might help in negotiating.
    Can you email it to me?
    I can try scanning and emailing it to you, but I can't make any promises. My report is not saved online anymore and I just have the hardcopy. I need your email addy.
    kfarzin74@yahoo.com. Thanks.
    I am sorry, but I cannot get it to scan. If I figure out what is wrong I will try to email it to you later.
    I faxed it to you- hope you got it.
  • olegoleg Member Posts: 12
    I HAVE quote $ 33500
    LEASE 12k 36MON.
    0 DOWN JUST UP FRONT COST
    $470 MONTHLY PAYMENT(INCL.7% TAX)
    IS IT GOOD DEAL?
    Did you get any of the pages I faxed or should I refax all?
    I don't know anything about leasing.
    Thank you, I received 4 pages
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,108
    Do NOT post phone numbers of any kind in the forums.... If your post has disappeared, that is why..

Everyone here has a CarSpace.com e-mail address..

membername@CarSpace.com

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

What is the residual and money factor used to calculate that monthly payment? Based on your numbers I think residual is 57% and MF should be 0.00165. Is that corrrect? I think it's a good deal. You might be able to do a bit better on the price say $33000 even. L
    RES VAL IS 55%
    MF 0.00245

AFTER 9MSD
    MF IS 0.00173
    How much were each MSD's? $500? $1000?
    $500
    I resent page 5. Pages 6 and 7 are definitions so I did not fax those.
    A few posts back Car_man posted that each security deposit lowers it by 0.00010. However, your MF was lowered by only 0.00008 for each deposit? Is this regional or should it be the same across the board through LFS?
  • ericzhongericzhong Member Posts: 1
    does any one know what is the lowest price people have paid for a 07 E350 in cash?
    I thought it is all cash to the dealership. They got a check from me and a check from my Credit Union. :D I am just kidding, but I have read no post about anyone paying cash..
    I paid cash for my new 2007 ES350, which I will pick up from Prestige Lexus in Ramsey NJ tomorrow morning. It was an electronic transfer from an account I have with a financial institution for the full amount of the transaction. ES 350 with Premium Plus Pkg & Navigation, MSRP was 41,662. I paid 37,300. See my previous posts for details. Prestige did not even require a deposit for the car. I'm pretty sure I can't claim paying the lowest cash sale price on this forum.
  • johnymackjohnymack Member Posts: 18
    Hi Jano2,

Not that I am speaking for Zhan but I had e-mailed back and forth with him and he ended up getting the same options for the same price from the dealer I went through. I was surprised he never came back to post his experience. I am pretty sure the sale’s guy told him he wasn’t too happy that I posted the price I paid, that may be why he never came back to the forum. Who knows.....

Anyway he was very grateful for the deal he got :)
    Maybe Zhan is just too busy to post. As far as the salesman goes he should be happy - it was a sale dropped in his lap that he didn't have to go out and work for. He can bargain with the next customer who hasn't done their homework.

Have a good day and a nice weekend!
  • sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    Sorry, I haven't checked in in a while. I was getting quoted 32,500 for a 2007 with the Premium Pkg and 33,800 for a 2008 model with pretty much the same options, except the bluetooth audio.
  • crackberrycrackberry Member Posts: 9
    Please email it to annuc@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
    Sorry I am unable to scan the report to email it. I am sure it is my stupidity :confuse: but....If you want it faxed to you send me a fax number to jano2@carspace.com. I will be glad to fax it. :) Today is a game day so will be out of touch after 3 and away from the computer until Monday later afternoon.
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    Today is the day for everyone to get you some. Can not wait til tonight when all the hot deals are posted. Labor day weekend is here, the deals are ripe for the picking.
    huh?
    I helped my dad get a new 2008 ES350 today. We were shopping for a 07 model but none of the local dealers had the color combination we wanted. So we dealed on an 2008 model which had just arrived few days ago at the dealer. MSRP was $42,421 and we got for $37.500(at invoice price). I'm pretty happy with deal since it's an 08 model. Total drive off $950 with monthly payments of $590 (includes tax) for 36mo/10K.
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    What is the dealers name and what city and state?
  • 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    Price seems resonable for the total. Obviously that's not with tax and fees included...or is it.
    On a lease! 10k...and $590 a month for 36 mo. I think you should've bargined better or continued to look around until you started to feel what was out there before going back to buy.
    One thing though, since the 08s are just coming out time will only tell if you truly did get the right price.
    Newport Lexus in Newport Beach, California.
    I don't think you can get a better pricing for the car right now. The best they would do on a 07 was $500 under invoice anyways. The problem with Lexus is that the MF is high on these cars whether it's a 07 or 08. MF for 07 was 0.00265 and for 08 it's 0.00295.
  • imajin8imajin8 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a pre-owned '07 ES350 in DFW area. Paid $32,000 +TTL. Has 15,448 miles on it. Car Fax shows it was lease w/ no issues. No trade in. Financing was from bank (tho they offered me 6.19%). Car details: Black Saphire w/cashmere leather/grey/wood interior. Has everything (incl. moonroof, pinstriping, window tint, bluetooth, rain sensors, etc.) BUT, doesn't have navigation, full spare or rear spoiler. Bought at Honda Higgens (saw ad for $32,900). Went to Lexus in Grapevine first - they hav several prev. leased in multiple colors - mileage from 20K- 35K all w/ slight defects (chipped windshileds, etc). Same features. They're starting point on all is $35.9K. Told sales rep about Honda's offer - he said couldn't go lower than $35.4K - that was certified (always more expensive), tho mine comes w/ an extra extended warranty covering everything imaginable. Honda folks were great - but not familiar w/ features on Lexus - didn't know what features or package incl. Fortunately, the Lexus Dealers had explained most of them to me. Great drive back home to Houston today w/ it.
    I really like that black saphire color.
  • scottinmemscottinmem Member Posts: 9
    As several others have reported here, I had an excellent experience purchasing a 2007 ES350 from Tony at Park Place Plano in DFW. I got the premium package below for $34,475. I live in Memphis and flew to Dallas and drove the car home. Mr. Arthur picked me up at the airport and the whole deal was smooth and pleasant. I had wired the funds to Lexus so everthing went quick. I got the Smoky Granite with the black interior and it looks great.

Thanks to everyone on this site, the information I received here helped the process. I did contact two other dealers, but could not get straight answers from them. Tony was upfront all the way.

Package I – “Premium”
    - Premium leather trim interior with real wood accents
    - Heated and Ventilated front seats
    - Driver memory: Seat, Steering Wheel, Outside Mirrors
    - Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
    - Bluetooth Compatibility
    - 6 Disc, Single feed in dash CD player in the console
    - Rain-sensing Wipers
    - Driver Seat Extender
    - Carpet Cargo Mat
    - Wheel Locks
    - Power Rear Sun Shade