Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi genesis6. Unfortunately, Lexus does not provide advertised lease payments on its web site. The closest it comes to this is a buried statement on the ES 350 page which says:

"Special Lease & APR Offers

Now through September 30th, returning customers may qualify for our Customer Appreciation Award program. For details, see your Lexus dealer."

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • ahsimahsim Member Posts: 6
    There is a possibility that money factor and residual changed after 09.03.
    I was quoted 51% and .000995 for 36 month 12k lease for 2008 model. Is it a right or wrong?
    Dealer in NY offered to sell the car for an invoice price $37680.00
    with PPP,heat. & vent. seats,swivel lights, bluetooth, NAV, wood trim,,mats, nets
    I can not get a $1000 rebate.How does it sound?
    And one more for a lease. If I want to pay taxes upfront, what amount should I calculate taxes from?
    Thanks to everyone who respond.
    Hi ahsim. The .00095 money factor and 51% residual value that you were quoted for a 36 month lease of an '08 ES 350 are right in line with Lexus Financial Services' current lease program for this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • mayfletchermayfletcher Member Posts: 11
    What kind of lease or purchase deal do yout think I would get now for a Lexus 2008 ES350 in the MD/DC/VA Metro area? Or is the economy bad enough for them I could do just as well on a 2009? Also when contacting dealers by internet what do I say?
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Is this a good lease offer for an 2008 ES 350? MSRP $38,269, 48 months(10,000 mi per yr) @$399.00 month with $1,137.00 dwon which includes first month payment and acquisition fee and doc fees per year. WI tax is added at 5.5% to the monthly payment.
    Hi 10sfan. Can you tell if this is an advertisement that is being run by an individual dealership or is it a manufacturer sponsored ad? I have found that savvy consumers who comparison shop are usually able to beat the selling prices that manufacturers' advertised lease payments are based upon, and in turn get slightly lower monthly payments. Use this deal as a baseline for your negotiations and try to beat it.

Car_man
    Host
  • 10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Car man, Thanks for your reply. It appears to be a dealership advertisement. Another dealer in the Chicago area ran a similar add for 36 months term with $2600 cap cost reduction. Apparently they are using a higer cap cost payment with a 36 month term and no cap cost payment with a 48 month term.
    No problem, 10sfan.

Car_man
    Host
  • teasipteasip Member Posts: 16
    One topic that I haven't seen mentioned is the difference in cost between mileage allowances. The standard Lexus lease at my local dealer is 10K mi/year however I would like to know in general how much additional expense one incurs to bump it say to 12K or even 15K? Does the increased cost vary per manufacturer? Reason I ask is that my 15, soon to be 16 y/o daughter isn't interested in the red Civic Si sedan that I purchased last year with the intention of giving to her the first part of next year (3 year note with additional funds being put back each month to allow for pay off in 2 years). The problem is that this is a manual transmission vehicle and she argues that a new driver shouldn't have to focus on shifting and driving at this point (argument could go both ways). That being said she might end up with the wife's paid for '04 IS300. If that's the case then both mom and myself will be in the market for two new leases (two lease payments cheaper than car payment and lease payment) if I were to sell the Honda. Another IS for the wife and an ES for me most likely.
  • twodomestwodomes Member Posts: 73
    Hi car_man,

Looking for the MF and residuals for 10kmiles/year on the 2008 es350 for 36 months. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,588
    Generally, the residual is reduced by 1%, to go from 10K/yr to 12K/yr..

Then, an additional 2% reduction from 12Kyr to 15K/yr.

This isn't universal, but is true for many makes/models.

On a $40K car, each 1% reduction in residual adds $400 to the lease cost, or about $11/mo. + tax to the lease payment.

Once you get over 15K/yr., then there is a standard charge for each mile, usually.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• howdymanhowdyman Member Posts: 7
    To: Car Man

What is the MF for Tier 1+ credit tier and residual for '09 ES, 10K/yr, 36 month for the NY/NJ area? thank you.
  • teasipteasip Member Posts: 16
    Thanks for the additional information.
    Here you go, twodomes. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 ES 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00035 and 49%, respectively. The 10k residual value for this car would probably be 1% higher than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi howdyman. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 ES 350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00090 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • howdymanhowdyman Member Posts: 7
    thanks Car_Man--this is just what i needed!!
    You're very welcome, howdyman. good luck and make sure to stop back to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • noojerrznoojerrz Member Posts: 6
    Hi all.
    Looking for some feedback on this 36 month, 12K mi/year lease deal in NJ that I negotiated today. I think it's pretty good, but I'm looking for confirmation or feedback:

2009 Lexus ES350: Nav, Premium plus etc MSRP: $41,375
    Negotiated selling price: $37,000

Bank Fee (700) DMV (187.50) Doc (249) Tire tax (14.95): Total: $1,151.45
    Cap Cost: $1,700
    First Month (including 7% sales tax): $456

Total Out of Pocket: $3307.45
    Month Pymt (incl 7% sales tax): $456

Money Factor applied: .0009 (2.16%)
    Residual: 53%

Do you guys think this is a good deal, or is there room for more? Looking fwd to the replies. If it's positive, I'll go get this thing tomorrow.
    real quick addition to the above, I am not a current Lexus ES owner or lesse so I don not qualify for the $1000 loyalty rebate.
  • fsudreyerfsudreyer Member Posts: 28
    I just leased a premium plus with xenon ES350 for $450/month for 36 months with 15K miles per year. The buy rate on this car is an unbelievable .00035 which is approx .84%. The total out of pocket was $1500 at Lexus of Pembroke Pines. The salesman was great. The experience was great. They have about 15 more '08's left. The retail on the car was 39.5K. Good luck to everyone. :)
    Hi noojerrz. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate for the 2009 ES 350. That is a good thing. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable as well. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Congratulations on getting your new ES, fsudreyer. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • ultra64ultra64 Member Posts: 19
    1 local dealer has a 2009 and another has 2 2008's of the identical ES350 model. Residual is higher on the 2009 but interest rate is lower on the 2008. If I negociate well which one is the better deal?
    Car_man ,thanks for the reply and the advice. I picked up my 09 ES350 at the terms i disclosed above. this is a great forum and i've used it for this lease my 3series and ML every time i've been able to get a deal that i've been thrilled with. so thanks for all the help.
  • Florida52Florida52 Member Posts: 5
    Hello All,

I am looking to surprise my wife with a lease for an 2009 ES350 premium package on or before Christmas if all things work out in my favor. I am extremely happy I found this blog as it has opened a few questions for me. I currently have a 2006 Volvo S40 with six months left on the lease. Payment on the Volvo including tax is $362.00 per month. I would like to have my Lexus dealership pay off that lease yet still have affordable payments on my new lease. Ideally 15k miles per month on my new lease. Based on what you guys have read in this post what can I assume my payments will be? Or at least can anyone give me a good starting negotiating point. Thank you.
  • travispete1travispete1 Member Posts: 46
    Does anyone know if the MF and residuals are the same for the Pebble Beach edition? Thanks. (Has anyone gotten a deal on one)
    You're very welcome, noojerrz. I'm glad that you enjoy the forums so much. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Florida52. The lease payment on the new ES that you are interested in will vary depending upon its MSRP and selling price. If you provide us with these key variables, if you don't have the selling price the dealer invoice price will work, either myself or another knowledgeable community member should be able to give you an idea of what sort of payment you can expect. You can find the pricing data that you need over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi travispete1. Lexus' lease money factors are the same for all ES 350 trim levels. Its residual values are the same across the board as well, except for on units that are equipped with the Ultra Luxury Package...which lowers the ES' resids by 2%.

Car_man
    Host
  • michael123michael123 Member Posts: 8
    I was told that lease values for 2008 es350 are as follows for dec

36 months 10000miles residue 50% mf .000085
    48 months 10000miles residue 41% mf .000085

can anyone confirm
  • bandjbandj Member Posts: 2
    What is the Residual and Money factor on 2009 ES350 for 36 month, 15,000/yr lease?
  • bulion33bulion33 Member Posts: 10
    About to pull the trigger on this deal later today and needed some quick feedback to see if it's a good deal. Your help is much appreciated.

2008 ES 350 w/premium package
    MSRP: 37,796
    Selling Price: 32,595
    Residual: 53%
    Money Factor: .0010
    $1000 drive off (including 1st month's, title, reg, etc.)
    456.89/month including tax

Good deal???
    Its pretty good. I recently did a 36 mo lease on an 08 with nav and Pebble Bch package for 443/mo inc tax and 1400 drive offs incl 1st month. MSRP 42,600, selling price 35,500. I think I got lucky.
  • sebast23sebast23 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Car man and everyone, you helped me in the past with a new car purchase, now I am trying to help mother lease another Lexus. Her current Lexus ES330 lease is due to turn in on Feb 1 however she wants to buy now or at least before her Jan 1 payment is due, although not mandatory.
    Could you please help with my math and leasing understanding?
    Looking at 2009 ES350 to lease. (blk on blk) Eligible for $1000 loyalty money. Credit score 854 TransU,850 Experian, & 717 equifax. She is in the Atlanta GA area (Clayton County 6% tax)
    MSRP on car is 41,395 Premium plus pkg. w NAV (other option that come with car is HL.PA,WU,BE,HN,FS)
    Going to offer $37,000 for car, I believe the residual rate is 53% and the money factor that the dealer quoted me was .00105 for tier1+ credit (is the MF rate correct?)I saw elsewhere on site MF .0009

Inceptions
    41.00 tag/title/lemon law
    599.00 dealer fee
    ??? 1st month payment
    (I was told Lexus charges 700.00 for new lease acquisition where does this get added to… inceptions?)

So here go’s
    msrp 41,385X.53=21,934

37,000-21934=15,066
    15,066/36=418.50 payment w/out interest and taxes
    (37,000+21,934)X.00105=61.88 is interest
    61.88+418.50=480.38 payment with interest
    480.38+6% cty tax(28.80)=509.18 total monthly payment
    Is this correct or should the monthly payment on this car be lower? She would like to put zero down.
    what is invoice on the car
  • bulion33bulion33 Member Posts: 10
    Actually, we were pleasantly surprised that when we went into the dealership instead of a 2008 he gave us a 2009 at that price. Still a good deal? Either way we are very happy with the car and deal we got!
    CarMan thank you for the reply. Today I went to the dealer and the offer on the table is $490 per month including tax,title and fees for a Black/Black Premium Package Plus. I would pay off the Volvo ( $2200 ) directly to Volvo financing and $300 out of pocket to Lexus which includes first month.

36 months lease / 12k miles
    Residual .55 or .53 (I don't remember)
    Money Factor .0009

Any thoughts on this?
    whats the msrp and selling price of the vehicle? It sounds high....remember, there is $1000 in dealer cash available here.
    I believe MSRP was $39,995 and selling price is around $34500... Please don't quote me on those prices as I can't find the paper I wrote on
    Based on the #s you provided, that lease payment doesn't come close. Using a 53% residual 8% sales tax, I get 453 inc tax. and that is using a 53% residual.

There are simple lease calculators online. Of course, if you are rolling the premaining volvo payments into the lease, then the number makes sense.
  • merlion0821merlion0821 Member Posts: 143
    I'm new to the leasing side of car deals, and was wondering how the current December to Remember lease specials stack up? The 2008 ES350 with Premium Plus package is advertised at $369/month with $3919 due at signing. Term is 36 months with 12K miles a year.

MSRP is listed as $37,950, and the purchase price at lease end is $18,596.

Is this a "deal" or not?
    Thank you for the input Travispete1. You are right the numbers aren't jiving. Can you provide me with the calculator you used please? After reading all these posts I negotiated with a different dealer online for a ES350 Premium Package with Navigation for a selling price of $37,000. Based on the formula provided above by sebast23 I had Calculated the following:

MSRP $42,795 x .53 (residual) = $22,681.35
    $37,000 - $22,681.35 = $14,138.65
    $14,318.65 / 36 = $397.74 payment w/o interest or tax
    ($37,000 + $22,681.35) x .0009 (money factor) = $53.71 interest
    $397.74 + $53.71 x 7% tax = $483.05 total payment

However, when I went today to the dealer they had some totally different numbers. They had the same msrp, selling price, residual of .53 and money factor of .0009 as I did yet had my total payment at $527.16 !?!?!?!?!
    The internet sales manager which I had negotiated with was off today so I didn't get a chance to speak with him, however, I don't understand why such the drastic difference.
    They also had a Bank fee of ($700,) Doc Fee of ($699) Gov't Fee ($293.50) and Taxes of $1,2464.66 which they had calculated out of pocket I had to pay $826 to the dealer, which included first month, tax and title. The sales manager on the floor said his hard cost on the car was $38,060. I told them to fly a kite and I would go to another dealer. Are my calculations correct? or am I way off base?

PS. The amount owed on the Volvo was not used in any of my calculations since I found someone to take over that lease.
    The taxes on my above post are $1246.66. Sorry for the large number before.

Also, I believe the difference in the price is due to all the fees that they have my incurring. Bank Fee, Doc Fee, Gov't Fee, Taxes. Can anyone confirm?
    Hi michael123. The money factor that you mentioned looks a little high to me. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 ES 350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00035 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00035 and 41%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi bandj. According to the latest information that I have seen, Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 ES 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00090 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back, sebast23. It's nice to see that you're helping your mother lease her new car. Her credit is in good shape, so she should qualify for Lexus Financial Services top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier. According to the latest information that I have seen, LFS' December buy rate lease money factor for the 2009 ES 350 is .00090.

As far as this car's selling price goes, shoot for as close to dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives as possible. You can look up this model's exact dealer invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. December is turning out to be a terrible month for new vehicle sales, even for Lexus. The sales at one local Lexus dealer that I spoke with are off 50% from December of last year. This works to your advantage in negotiations.

The last time that I checked, LFS charged a $600 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay this fee at lease signing or have it rolled into your car's capitalized cost to bake it into your monthly payment. If the dealer is trying to charge a $599 "dealer fee" on top of this, it is nothing more than a way for them to try to add hidden profit to your deal. Try to have them eliminate the fee. If they give you the whole, legally we have to charge it to everyone pitch just have them lower your car's selling price by that amount.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings merlion0821. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the best way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the vehicle that you want and then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor. Manufacturers' official advertised lease specials are usually decent deals, however savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to negotiate lower selling prices than the one that was used to arrive at the advertised payment and in turn get a better monthly payment on their lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • scoutandattyscoutandatty Member Posts: 23
    Hey Car Man,

Thanks for all the help! This forum helped me to negotiate a pretty good deal on a 2009 RX 350 from a dealer that has lots of inventory of 2008s & 2009s. It occurred to me that the slow economy (Lexus sales are 35% - 50% lower than last year) have caught dealers with large inventories by surprise - and placed them in a vulnerable position. I'd like your advice on how to take maximum advantage of this buyer's market and strike the most aggressive deals possible by combining a number of purchases together under one deal.

I've been gathering a few people who are interested in buying/leasing a Lexus before the end of December (to take advantage of Lexus' December financing specials) but am unsure exactly what motivates a dealer to clear inventory at a loss and a salesman to agree to significant discounts in order to generate more sales before the end of December.

What options does a Lexus dealer have in clearing large inventory of 2008 models that isn't moving? Can it sell them to a partner at a discount, or does it have to sell to the public?

What type of financial pressures is the dealer under for month/year end sales?

In light of Toyota's devastating losses reported yesterday and a large inventory, do you think the dealer would be willing to take a significant loss on invoice in order to clear 5-8 cars before the end of the month/year?

Since Lexus has been discounting MSRP by up to 20% - I expect that a much larger discount would be considered if there are a number of sales made in a short amount of time - and of autos that aren't moving. Since none of us "need" the deal, we're only willing to do the deals if we're getting a significant discount - @ 40%.

Similarly - what carrot and stick does a Lexus salesperson have in selling 5-8 before the end of December? There must be a bonus based on number of sales vs. profit per car & there are likely going to be layoffs for lower performers.

Thanks for your feedback.
  • thechairman1thechairman1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi car man.

Interested in the 2009 ES 350. What are the current residual and money factor for the 2009 at 36 months and 12,000 miles per year? Many thanks.
    You're welcome, scoutandatty. Dealers aren't necessarily going to take a loss, certainly not a significant one, on a vehicle to blow it out at the end of the year, but they are often motivated to make their annual sales totals look as attractive as possible. Perhaps they need to attain a certain level of annual sales to receive a bonus payment from the manufacturer that they are affiliated with.

The main reason why it is a good idea to lease a new vehicle at the end of the year is the level of manufacturer support that is available then is generally higher as manufacturers crank up their support to make their annual sales totals look as attractive as possible. Lexus' "December to Remember" sales event is an example of this. The lease program that Lexus was offering in December is much more attractive than the one that it is running in January.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.