Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• asrivastasrivast Member Posts: 8
    hi Pete,

Who did you deal with at Dorschel. I would like to import a used 2007 Rx350 to canada and Rochester is close to where i live, i would like to see what they can offer.

Please E-mail me asrivastca@yahoo.com

Thanks!
  • krisvkrisv Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know what type of deals Lexus has for it's December to Remember promotion? Trying to decide if it's worth the wait until year end to get a better deal on a '08 RX350.

Thanks.
  • daisy214daisy214 Member Posts: 5
    Hi-- I am new to this board and to car buying. This is my first purchase. I've noticed that many of you have listed an invoice price that includes the options. Where do I go to find this information?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • teamtboteamtbo Member Posts: 78
    You can find invoice prices for the 2007 RX350 with options right here on Edmunds.com. Click on the "Edmunds.com" link in the upper right hand section of this page. Then, under "New Cars" click on "SUV" -> $35K-$45k -> scroll over to page 5 to find Lexus or whatever model you are interested in.

I don't think it lists the invoices prices for the 2008 options yet but they should be exactly the same as the 2007.
    Thank you. I followed the link and tried to price with options but on both the 2007 and 2008 RX 350 it lists N/A on the invoice column for options. On the TMV column it lists a price higher than MSRP, which is certainly not accurate in the current market.

Here is the car description and price quote that I have received. If anyone has any feedback or comments, I would greatly appreciate it.

2008 Lexus RX 350 FWD
    Accessory Codes are: FV HH NV PT TO C1 (cargo mat) and WL
    In plain english the options are: nav system, heated front seats w/ rain sensing wipers, Liquid graphite finsih 18 inch wheets, towing prep package, wheel locks, cargo mats, and premium plus package (leather, power tilt wheel w/ memory, roof rack, moonroof, HID headlamps w/ AFS, illuminated entry)

The offer from the dealership lists price at 44,481 and then says the sales price will be 41,200.00

Is this a good offer? Is it at market?
    Hmm, I followed the links and was able to price the 2007 options. The only one of your options that was N/A was the Premium Plus Package (PT). However, you can calculate that by taking the Premium Package (PM) and adding the HID lights(HL).

When I run your cars config, I get the following:

MSRP $44,195
    Invoice: $38,917
    TMV: $40,204 (without any regional adjustment or color adjustment)
  • krisvkrisv Member Posts: 25
    Here's what I've found for invoice price on the codes you've listed:

FV - Invoice - $484; MSRP - $605
    HH - Invoice - $532; MSRP - $665
    NV - Invoice - $2225; MSRP - $2650
    PT - Invoice - $1854; MSRP - $2060
    TO - Invoice - $126; MSRP - $160
    C1 - Invoice - $55; MSRP - $92
    WL - Invoice - $41; MSRP - $69

Total Invoice - $5317; MSRP - $6301
    These numbers can be found on http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/2008-lexus-rx-5.htm By the way, they are the same numbers that consumer reports gives when you buy their report in their new car price service. Hope this helps!
  • mikem17mikem17 Member Posts: 3
    Pete, would you mind sending me name and email address of your salesperson. I am interested in importing Lexus ES 350 to Canada if this is possible. Also wondering if I need to pay NY State tax or would it instead be advisable for me to purchase from a state with no tax such as NH.

Thanks

Mike
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Mike, your email is listed as private in your profile! Sales tax is levied based upon where the vehicle will be registered not where it is purchased, don't know how this applies to Canada.

Pete :)
  • russianmayarussianmaya Member Posts: 3
    Help. I have had an RX for the past 2 years (2 4 year terms) and my lease is coming up in December.Seriously debating if I want to get into another one. What can I expect my lease payments to be on a 2007 RX350. I want premium package, nav+back up camera. I am in the Los Angeles area and can travel anywhere withing greater LA to pick it up. What is the residual and the money factor on a 36 mo. lease? I want to be fully aware of my payments before going in. Thank you in advance
  • q2261q2261 Member Posts: 2
    08 rx350 awd
    Base MSRP* $38,800.00
    Available Package $6,313.00
    Accessory Options $0.00
    Voice-activated DVD Navigation
    System (includes backup camera
    and Bluetooth® technology)
    Included
    Two-level heated front seats
    (includes rain-sensing variable
    intermittent wipers & headlamp
    washers)
    Included
    Seven-spoke, 18-in aluminum alloy
    wheels with Liquid Graphite finish
    (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    Included
    Towing prep package[9] [10] Included
    Cargo mat Included
    Wheel locks IncludedDelivery, Processing & Handling
    Fee †
    $715.00
    Total MSRP** $45,828.00

After much haggling I'm getting this for $40,500+$180doc+tax,title,plates

good?
  • kupitautokupitauto Member Posts: 3
    q2261
    I just got quote for same trim and options for $5500 OFF MSRP which is about $40,400 so yours is very close to mine (I am from Bay Area)
    Have you decided yet or what you are about to do?
    I am kind of on the fence: RX350 vs. MDXsport/ent

anyone else can share your info please?

KO
  • thanhdinhthanhdinh Member Posts: 4
    Kupitauto,
    I'm from bay area also, looking for 08 RX350 AWD. Your price quote seem to be reasonable, can you provide me more info which dealer in bay are you get quote from and name of sale prep if possible. You can send me email at thanh.d@apple.com.
    Thank you
  • q2261q2261 Member Posts: 2
    kupitauto, I'm taking delivery of the rx today, on-road price $43,288 incl tax,tag,title,doc. I would say that if you want a luxury family crossover that isolates you from the road, get the rx. If you want a semi-luxury performance type vehicle where you feel engaged to the road, get the mdx. it just boils down to what you want. BTW, I'm in michigan, where the market is actually not very competitive but it seems like sales are slow these days, initial quotes that I got for this car were around $43,700 (about $2k off MSRP), but I engaged with all 5 dealerships in the state over the net/phone and made them compete, and bought it when one met my $40,500 target price.
  • dd768dd768 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Kupiauto,
    I live close to Michigan and am interested in speaking with the dealer and sales rep who you just bought your car from. Can you please share? My email is dd768@hotmail.com.
    Thanks.
    Dan
  • mauicedarmauicedar Member Posts: 34
    I'm interested in getting a price from a Seattle or LA area to buy a RX 350 and ship it to Hawaii. There is only one Dealer in all of Hawaii and it's list or more only. Please send me Dealer contacts in these two areas that discount from list.
  • speedbird151speedbird151 Member Posts: 4
    I think the store in Lansing would be the most aggressive. Nino is the GM, talk to him.
  • speedbird151speedbird151 Member Posts: 4
    Longo Lexus in El Monte is known as the price leader in California. I would speak to an internet sales person there. I think their CSI is very good also. Give them a try.
  • jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    Rate of Interest is 5.59%, last year it was 6.29% and in August it was 5.99%.
  • nothiattnothiatt Member Posts: 3
    Here we go!

I'm hoping to buy an RX 350 in MA with Premium Package and Nav+BlueTooth.
    I can pay cash. Anyone care to share their experience and price paid?
    Thanks for any info...

Good luck to others in the process.
  • coolblue123coolblue123 Member Posts: 20
    Hi praz:

Just checked with the dealership. I think that APR applies to lease deals only. Right now, for sale vehicles,I heard it's around 6.5%. At least for an RX.
    We did it! In the Wash DC area and brought a new RX 350. Surrendered to the wife and got the SUV. We got the AWD, Prem +, Nav. But we also got (because most RX's in east coasts gets equipped w/...) heated seats, towing +, and 18 inch wheels.

Paid 41,300 (includes dest fees) + tags, tax

Everything came out to be $44,000 and change. It may not be the best price, but it's a price i can live with.
  • paulbostonpaulboston Member Posts: 3
    I am also hoping to buy/ lease an RX350 in Mass, but without nav and bluetooth. I just want the premium package. So far, dealers are keeping their best price close to their vest, as they each want to be "your last call".

What do you think is a fair lease price as well as an outrigtht purchase?

thanks!
    Hi paulboston:

Yeah, dealers often do this "last call," thing to avoid comparing numbers. Just shop around and tell them you're their preferred dealer. Compare these #'s and shop around.

As far as lease is concerned, it's really up to you. Are you going to keep the car longer than 3 years? If not, and you don't put more than 12-14K miles on the car, it's good to lease. But if you're going to keep the car for awhile, than it's cheaper to purchase the car. The difference is not alot, but good to decide ahead of time to avoid buying the car after the lease, cause most of the time, it's more expensive.
    Great thanks!

If I do buy, it appears from previous posts we should target $2-3K off the MSRP. I may start there...
    Great, shop around and definitely compare numbers. And above all, settle with a # you're comfortable with. Because chances are, you may not get the best deal, but get a deal you can sleep comfortable with.
    Hi I want thank everyone on the board who helped me with my first car purchase. I bought an RX 350 with the following options: 18 inch wheels, all season tires, heated seats, rain sensing wipers, nav system with blue tooth, prem. plus package, towing prep package, cargo mats, wheel locks, and front window tint. My price paid was $40,200.00 The sticker price was $44,466 plus front window tint cost, which I think was between $175-225. I also bought the tires/wheels insurance for $625. I believe I could have gotten the price down another $500, but was ready to just be done with it. They offered me a 5.90% interest rate.

Here is what worked for me on negotiating. Worked with salesman to determine that this was the car I wanted. Said wanted one with the above-listed options that was on lot and was not too particular about color. Asked for his best price and told him that I was going to shop the price. Then I shopped the price with an out-of-state dealer and a couple others in Texas. I also reviewed pricing information on Edmunds and other web sites. It took me several weeks to do this because of my busy schedule, but I think taking my time also worked to my negotiating advantage. Then I dropped by the dealer with all of my information and said that I either needed him to drop his price by an additional $1000 or that I would drive to the other dealer (about an hour away) and buy the car because the other dealer said he could beat the quote price by at least $1000. Told dealer I would rather do business with him but that at $1k difference, I would make the drive. He did the deal.

Must say that I LOVE my new car. My previous vehicle was a Mercedes ML55 AMG--to which the RX 350 is no comparison. But other than missing my monster (but gas guzzling) engine, the RX 350 has exceeded my expectations.
    I bought my car from Sewell in Dallas, Texas They have a solid reputation and I found the experience to be easy and as straight forward as car-buying can be.
    Nice Deal Daisy214. Which State did you get the deal at?
    Nice Deal Daisy214. Which State did you get the deal at? Was it a AWD as well?
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    It doesn't appear to be AWD as the list price would have been around $45.8k.

Daisy 214, please confirm. (and congrats on your new RX).
    My car is not AWD. They don't really have many AWDs in Dallas.

Deal done in Dallas, Texas.

As an aside, I think it is hard to tell whether you got a good deal or not because trade in value on your old car can be messed with. I had trade in quotes from 3 places (Mercedes, Lexus, and CarMax) with a range between 8500 and 10000. I got 9300 from Lexus, which is actually 9950 when compared to the 10K offered by Carmax because trading in with Lexus saved me $650 in additional sales tax on the new car because tax is calculated on the net purchase price (new price less trade in). I am not sure if that is a Texas thing or it is that way in other states.
  • nothiattnothiatt Member Posts: 3
    Hey Paul, I think you can be much more aggressive than starting with 2-3K of MSRP given all of the pricing information available to us from forums like this, Consumer Reports, etc, etc. For example, see Daisy's nice job noted below. The dealers expect us to be well informed.

Personally, I will only do business with a dealer who can give me a clear, fair price that looks very similar to Daisy's.

Also, I think it pays to have alternatives. I do like the RX but there a lots of fun SUV's out there in this class. I used to deal in the art market and it was always easier to get top dollar from the guy who had limited his choices.

Good luck and thanks to everyone for contributions.
  • h2_hummerh2_hummer Member Posts: 5
    First, I would like to thank everyone on this forum, the information I found here allowed me to get a great car, at a great price, with very little negotiations.

I live in Raleigh, NC and just purchased my 2008 RX350 a few weeks ago from Flow Lexus in Greensboro.

So here's what I did;
    1) I filled out the credit app online to get "preapproved from Lexus"
    2) I filled out QUOTE REQUEST from the closest 8 dealers (this was pretty easy with cut and paste.
    3) Waited for the emails and offers
    4) Pitted the top 3 offers against each other
    5) Flow asked me what it would take to end discussions, I said Invoice with a money factor of .00195 on a 48 month lease, they said DONE DEAL.
    6) I gave the Raleigh dealer one last chance, they said NO WAY.
    7) Went and picked up my new car.

I bought a 2008 RX350 FWD ($37400) with;
    - 18" 7 spoke graphite wheels ($605)
    - Heated front seats ($665)
    - NAV w/Bluetooth & Voice ($2650)
    - Premium Plus Package ($2060)
    - Towing Prep ($160)
    - Cargo Mat ($92)
    - Wheel Locks ($69)

So the MSRP was $37400+6301+$765 (delivery) = $44,466
    Invoice on the car was $39,183.

I got the car for $39,183 with .00195 money factor, with $3000 down my payments are right at $500/month.

The dealer knew I knew what I was doing and had done my homework. They didn't want to waste my time and theirs, they were able to get another car sell (though little profit) and I was able to get a great deal.

Thanks Again Everyone...... Chris
    Thanks everybody...

I have settled on leasing a 3008 RX350 for 3 years, 10k mpy. I want AWD, and the premium plus package. The total MSRP components are: $38,800 sticker+ $3,556 prem plus + $765 delivery ect.. This totals $43,121.

Not to sound naive, but don't I just negotiate the cap cost reduction (current offer is $2500) and monthly payment. I assume the other acquisition fees are fixed. Why are people negotiating dollars off the MSRP for a lease? The only thing I can conclude is that this figure is the only variable that can be altered in the lease calculation. Right?
  • cindystarcindystar Member Posts: 8
    CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS IS A GOOD DEAL?
    OR CAN IT BE LOWER
    5500 TOTAL OUT OF POCKET
    .00155 % 56% RESUD
    450 TOTAL A MONTH PAYMENT
    25500 BUY OUT
    45800 BEFORE INVOICE
    NOT MARL LEV SYSTEM BUT
    CAN IT BE A LOWERED
    PLEASE ASAP CAUSE IM GOING THERE TOMORROW
    THANK U SO MUCH IN ADVANCE
    WITH 12000 MILES YR FOR 36 MONTH
    AWD FULLY LOADED W NAV PREM PLUS PKG IN NY
  • james76051james76051 Member Posts: 1
    Hi daisy214,
    can you indicate does your price $40250 include $765 destination charge or not?
    thanks
    Yes, the price included the destination charge.
  • pldtboypldtboy Member Posts: 1
    For someone looking for a loaded,with navigation,bluetooth,premium package RX350 in Nothern Virginia I was quoted a price of $40,987 + tax and fee. Destination charge is already included.It is the DARCARS Lexus of Silver Spring dealership in Maryland.Most colors are available.
  • johnderjohnder Member Posts: 2
    Just brought a 08 rx 350 2wd,navg, 7 spoke for 38350 +taxes in the bay area
  • jules08jules08 Member Posts: 3
    I live in So Cal.

Dealer #1-Keyes - went there for the “Costco” deal. They couldn’t discuss any “prices” over phone or internet, had to drive to the dealership and waste my time. ALL their cars have new wheels put on them “as soon as they hit the ground” as the salesperson put it. I personally didn’t like them (at any price) and didn’t want to pay $3k for them! But I was told that’s how ALL their cars are sold (I cannot believe that that many people sucker for this gimmick!) They never did show me cap cost or money factors as I had asked for, only monthly payments……..needless to say I left!

Dealer #2 – Longo (have bought 3 Toyotas from them and very happy, 1st Lexus experience). Worked with the Internet dept and set up a price before arriving to the dealership. (I had wanted the AWD but they didn’t have any bamboo in stock so the color was more important to me than AWD and I was ready to buy my new car).

08 FWD – MSRP: 44371 (invoice-39107 according to aaa’s website), Cap Cost: 39900 (including $600 fee), 3yr/36000 mi lease, 56% residual, .00155 money factor.

937.71 down (minimum – 1st mo payment + DMV/fees); $561.25 monthly payments (including tax)

I think I got a good deal and was in and out of the dealership in about 1 hr since I had test-drove the car at dealer #1 and negotiated with the Internet dept ahead of time. Also, I sold my other car to Carmax because they always offer higher prices than dealers.
  • vbinncvbinnc Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    Have you been back for service or warranty work? Have you been satisfied? Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

vb
  • sw_washsw_wash Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I'm planning to purchase an RX350 AWD w/o NAV (the exact configuration is at the bottom of the message) The quoted MSRP is $43216 incl. destination charge; invoice (w/dest.) is $38197, according to Edmunds.com. I test drove the car last weekend and pretty much made up my mind to buy it. I did not discuss pricing with the salesperson, but he did tell me that with their 'December to Remember' discount the price for the model would be about $41400. I thought that there was little room for negotiation and was planning to offer $40500.

There is only one Lexus dealer where I live (SW Washington/Portland OR area), and I thought that I was pretty much stuck with those guys. However, upon reading the forum, I've decided to request quotes from the 3 Seattle-Tacoma area Lexus dealers. My question is, what is the best way to make the price inquiry from multiple dealers? Should I simply ask for the "best price quote" from each dealer, or also disclose my initial offer (which will be considerably lower than what I initially thought) during the inquiry? I don't wish to show my hand right off the bat, but I doubt that their initial offers will come close to the prices that are being quoted in the forum (i.e., very close to or at invoice). I'd be very interested to hear others' suggestions/strategies.

Thanks, and best regards.

Configuration:
    ===========
    RX350 AWD w/Luxury Value Edition (which includes Premium Plus Package), 7-Spoke wheels, heated seatsw/rain-sensing wipers, Towing Prep Package, cargo mat and wheel locks (no NAV unit or bluetooth).
  • crvexl4wdcrvexl4wd Member Posts: 35
    I am also in the same area and looking for exactly the same car. I have also requested the quote from others and so far no success. Let's be in touch and my email is technocrat@live.com. If we say that we have to buy two cars, may be we can negotiate better. My target is $39K. Pls advice if any one has got this price or better or this is too low to ask.
  • lexus2suxellexus2suxel Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am very serious in purchasing the 2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD this weekend. This includes the premium plus package, heated seats, rain sensors, Nav+bluetooth+voice.

I have phoned around a few dealers in my area (outside of Philadelphia), and the best offer was $41,500 + tax. I have tried to play a few dealers off each other but it seems this is as good as it gets. Is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    A
  • ayung25ayung25 Member Posts: 3
    lexus2suxel,

You may try to contact a few NJ Lexus dealers. Many NJ dealers I contacted were willing to sell it for $40,500 for the specs you wanted. I called about 6-7 dealers and only one refused.

Good luck, I love my new car!
  • john91498john91498 Member Posts: 1
    Got a great deal from Tustin Lexus in Tustin, CA. Premium plus package with navigation for $41,900 out the door. I didn't care about the added fees, delivery, or anything of that nature. I told them I got a quote for $42,000 out the door from another dealer and they beat the quote by $100. :D
  • lexus2suxellexus2suxel Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. I will look NJ dealers and see if they can go around $40,500 or better.
    john91498 - sounds like a great deal - if it is front wheel drive that may be around $800 over invoice (depending on the tax in your county).
  • toyota2lexustoyota2lexus Member Posts: 13
    The dealer cost on that vehicle is just under $41K.

Another dealer might give you another hundred bucks or so to steal the deal from a competitor but what you have is a pretty good deal.

The annual "December to Remember" Sales Event is all about dealers selling the maximum amount of vehicles possible.