Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vitekvitek Member Posts: 4
    Guys

I am looking for 2009 RX 350 FWD/AWD with navigation and luxury package. We went to Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly , VA and they were offering the car for almost 3000 over the invoice.

We would like to pay invoice or some reasonable amount over the invoice.

Would appreciate any help with finding sales people or dealerships willing to sell a car for that price. Thank you.

Victor
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    The incentives are for 2008 model, 2009 models will run at least $1,000 above invoice as they were out in Feb 2008. If you can wait for another few months than the re-designed 2010 RX will be introduced and it will be worth paying above invoice, my 2 cents.
  • swizardswizard Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the numbers praz...I am looking in Cleveland area, are those incentives everywhere? I heard that it was $2000 and ended in March. So maybe it went up to $2500 until they are gone? If this is true, then the dealer has some wiggle room, I don't feel so bad starting that low with an offer...
  • swizardswizard Member Posts: 3
    Update...I found another leftover 08, without the nav package, at another dealer. I ended up offering original dealer $38,000 for the original model, he would only go to 39,100, knowing that I was talking to another dealer. I would have bought it for 38,000, but he WOULD NOT budge. So I went with the other lesser model for $1000.00 under invoice. I agreed on $36,450. He threw in tow hitch mount, all weather mats, and cargo mat. The price was what I could comfortably afford, and has more than enough whistles and bells for me. What did I learn??? Cleveland area is pretty much out of these, dealers are NOT going 2000 under invoice ( I tried, told them I knew about this), I am going to enjoy my 1st Lexus and not obsess over paying too much! Thanks for the tips! S :)
  • jpiturajpitura Member Posts: 2
    Journeyman2:
    I am currently looking for a 08 RX350, similar to the one you just purchased, that is an AWD with Premium Plus package, no navigation.

Appreciate any information you can provide relative to the purchase price; do not know what the invoice price is, so do not know what $2000 below invoice means.

We are out west and are thinking of using an auto broker, and the one we are considering is HM Brown and Associates which is headquartered in Denver.

Ever heard of them?

Anyway, any information you can provide is appreciated. Thanks
    -- Jim
  • jpiturajpitura Member Posts: 2
    We are interested in purchasing a new 08/09 RX350 and are considering using an auto broker.

The company we are considering is HM Brown and Associates in Denver.

Does anyone have any experience or feedback on this company . Appreciate any testimonials before we commit.

Thanks,
    -- Jim
  • compdoccompdoc Member Posts: 2
    2009 RDX 350 AWD with NAV, Premier package, XM lease $510 per month with $3800 up front which includes tax, first month, bank fee and a rather small cap reduction.
    you should not focus on how much the lease will be. You should negotiate the price of the vehicle. The lease amount will be the final price - residual value (you have no control over this) / number of month. Getting you focused on the monthly payments - is the way dealers avoid telling you the cost of the car.
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    I am just curious but most articles I have read on leasing vs buying, buying saves you more money in the long run. Why would anybody want to lease ?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I guess that leasing is popular i keep hearing people leasing especially expensive cars.

I also prefer buying
  • compdoccompdoc Member Posts: 2
    It turned out that my previous post was a Hann lease. The dealer sprung this on me after I went in to sign the final paperwork and after they has me fill out a lexus lease credit app and after they ran and approved my credit through Lexus. Such a honest dealer.

I went to another dealer today and got a Lexus on the 2009 RX350 AWD with NAV, the usual luxury package, XM Radio and Graphite wheels. MSRP $46661 selling price $41730. Cap cost reduction $1100 and monthly payment $541.

It came out to $26 more than the Hann lease but there is no $450 lease termintation charge and I don't have to sweat every scratch and carpet stain.
  • syrahsyrah Member Posts: 9
    I need to purchase a vehicle in the next two weeks since my BMW lease will expire. I have decided to purchase this time and I'm on the fence between the Lexus and the Infiniti EX. Here is the deal from Tampa....your thoughts are appreciated.

2009 FWD w/premium pkg.

Vehicle Price: $40,576.00
    Internet Customer Discount: Edit Retail Price $4,076.00
    Selling Price: $36,500.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $2,277.89
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $215.00
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $8.50
    Other: + $25.00
    Documentation Fee: + $599.95
    Customer Deposit: Edit
    Balance Due (estimate): $39,626.34
  • fatherof4fatherof4 Member Posts: 2
    I like your deal. Can you tell me who the dealer is. I have been told there are no good incentives on the 2009s during April, but you got a healthy discount off MSRP. Also, I am not clear on what the cap cost reduction is. Appreciate your help!
  • gr8trfoolgr8trfool Member Posts: 21
    Can you clarify the lease a little more?

Is $1100 the cap cost and then additional down was TTL?
    What was term of lease (36/48)?
    What was calculated residual/MF used by dealer?
  • hmn8hmn8 Member Posts: 4
    Hello, I've been given a quote of $44,028 including TTL. 2009 RX350 AWD Prem Plus w/ Navi. I'm in Los Angeles. What do you guys think of the deal?
    Is this a (very rare) base model? FWD or AWD? If there are options included, can you list them? I'm also looking for an 09 and researching prices. Thanks.
    We bought RX 2009 AWD with navigation and luxury package today in VA from Pohanka dealership for 1000$ over the invoice + taxes + tags + 399$ processing fee
  • rx350errx350er Member Posts: 1
    Hello all,

First off, thanks to Car_Man (very informative postings...).

Just back from dealer in NC. I went in with my numbers and came out feeling good even if I might have a paid a bit more than I wanted:

MSRP: 44581 (FWD + Nav + Premium Plus + ....)
    Negotiated: 41000 + TTL
    Due at signing: First Monthly Pmt + 9 security deposits
    Monthly Pmt: 561.00
    Money factor before MSD: .0019
    After MSD: .00118
    Residual: 57% (10000 miles/year)
    Term: 36 months

Car_man, any comments on this deal?
    How much is the actual price of the car before TTL? $1000 above invoice is about $41K, is this correct?
    the MSRP was 45981. The invoice price can be found on edmunds.com
  • lexuslover1lexuslover1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey EveryOne,
    Need help here to buy Lexus 2008 RX 350 or 2009 ? i got 41750 with Everytihng..Lex options...for 2008 and got 44K to 2009 ? Is this too much ? Do i need have space for bargins ? i am in NC. Can anyone tell how much is worth on road price ?
    Anyone has any view between RX350 and BMW X3 ?
  • smahasmaha Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for 2009 RX 350 and you said you got it for $500 over the invoice. Would you mind giving the name of the dealership and the sales person you worked with.

Thanks
  • vascovasco Member Posts: 18
    Did your car FULLY LOADED (include the rear seat entertainment system)? Which dealer did you use?

I just got a quotation for '08 RX 350 with Premium Plus + Navigation+ RSES for $40K +TTT
    LEASE TERMS
    $935 drive-off (includes the first months payment)
    $522 per month + tax ($563 total per month )for 47 months

Is this a good deal?

Thanks for your help.
  • rx2009rx2009 Member Posts: 1
    can someone share the financing info from Lexus such as the term, interest rate, how much downpay? plan to buy in the next couple month. thanks,
  • karens2008karens2008 Member Posts: 26
    can you tell me - is it easy to get the invoice price on Edmunds - i have only gotten the MSRP when i tried to look it up. now plan to try again. but do you have to pay for that info?
    thank you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• limomlimom Member Posts: 6
    DeltaCop...would you please provide the name of your dealership and dealer as I am interested in buying a fully loaded 350 asap and am not to far from Jersey.
    Thanks!
  • rlwaltriprlwaltrip Member Posts: 1
    I am still not certain what I should pay for a 2009 RX350 with nav + prem pkg.

I have been offered 2 different prices for MSRP of $45981:

One dealer gave $2500 off MSRP for total of $43491.
    Another dealer gave 5% off MSRP - $250 gas card for total of $43432.

I live near Pittsburgh and am not sure if these are good prices??? I would appreciate any input.
  • mzmdmzmd Member Posts: 1
    I negotiated a lease for an 2009 RX 350, $2500 down +TTT. Payments of $558 a month. This car was without navigation. I asked the dealer if he would give me the demo that we test drove which, with the exception of rear entertainment system, was fully loaded. After some back and forth, he agreed, but said they would write the lease as zero miles and the 4,000 miles on the lease would count against my 30,000 for the lease term. Anyone ever heard of a dealer doing this?
  • lscott8lscott8 Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering whether or not I am getting a good deal on the RX I am about to purchase. I am torn between getting the 350 and the 400h, and so I set out the pricing for both (identical packages for each). I am purchasing in Northern NJ. Does anyone have any thoughts? It seems like a good deal, but I wanted a reality check.

- Premium Plus Package (leather, sunroof, heated seats, etc.)
    - Navigation/DVD/Bluetooth
    - RX 350 = $41,200 (excluding TTL)
    - RX 400h = $45,700 (excluding TTL)

For the 350, this represents about $4000 under MSRP and a little over $1000 over invoice. On the 400, it's not quite as good of a deal. In any event, any thoughts on these prices, and/or whether or not getting the 400 is even worth it, would be greatly appreciated.
    I heard this from other dealers on other brands. Other than nominal mileage, makes some difference for the leasing companies/deal (dealer probably has to eat the mileage cost).
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Those sound like pretty reasonable prices. The RX350 is definitely the better deal.
    The hybrid will give you approx 5 - 7 mpg more than the RX 350. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for more than 6 yrs or so, the hybrid can be a compelling choice. You should do the math to see how many yrs you need to keep the hybrid to make up for the extra $4,500 + tax. Keep in mind, you can use regular gas in the hybrid, and there is a tax writeoff if you purchase the hybrid. I had purchased an '08 RX350 in January. It would have taken me 8 yrs to make up the price difference with the hybrid. (I only drive about 8k miles per yr). Of course, if you are "green" and care about the environment, the hybrid is the way to go at any cost. Good luck, and please let us know what you decide to do. By the way, I purchased my RX at Prestige Lexus (I assume thats the dealer your speaking of).
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    If you look at pure money aspect then LEXUS Hybrid does not really makes sense. The fuel economy advantage is not significant to offset initial higher cost.

Tax credit is another thing that you might hear from illinformed salesman. Be careful with this one...you might be in for a surprise

link title

link title

I believe Toyota/Lexus is already phased out (Am not sure on this one)

So you buy Hybrid because you feel good doing something for enviornment...that too is debatable
  • xu100xu100 Member Posts: 2
    Could you please share which dealership and city where you got your deal. It has been more than 2 months since your post, they may not have those deals anymore.

thanks,
  • luvmyrxluvmyrx Member Posts: 1
    I have a feeling the original poster purchased his vehicle from Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ.

Last month, my husband and I purchased an '08 RX 350 for $38,900+++. Our car's MSRP was $45,700 with the following:

Prem Plus Pkg
    Nav
    Heated Seats w/ Rain Sensing Wipers
    Trunk Mat
    Wheel locks
    18" 5-spoke wheels

Prestige was absolutely awesome and, believe me, we won't buy a car from anywhere else! I am certain they will have similar deals on the '09s, but probably not as sweet.

Hope this helps - I felt bad you've been waiting so long for an answer :)
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    My purchase was from Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. I had put in a post on Edmunds.com after the purchase. As a matter of fact, I was recommending the salesman who sold me my car. I provided my home email for anyone interested in the salesman's name or had any questions. I had purchased a 2008 RX 350 AWD with Navigation, 5 spoke wheels. The MSRP was $45,771. I had paid a little over $38k. I got such a good deal because the 2009 RX's were arriving at dealerships, and Lexus Corporate was providing $3k incentives to dealerships to unload 2008 RX's. I would think, given the economic conditions, you should be able to get a fairly good deal on an 2009 RX. Best of luck.
  • saz99saz99 Member Posts: 1
    I have been shopping this week for a 2009 RX350 with premium package and Nav in SF Bay Area.

Internet pricing (and costco) started at $41,107 consistently across dealerships.

With a couple phone calls we have gotten it to $38,500-$38,900 and expect to maybe be able to crack $38k when done.

Hope this helps someone as I found these forums valuable in our search.
  • anand4anand4 Member Posts: 6
    Folks I am planning on buying a RX 350 Premium Package. What kind of price should I expect? I have been quoted out-the-door price of $38,100, but it seems high to me.

I am from Cary, NC.
    In DFW, the Premium pkg and a few add-ons (MSRP of $41,116) is available generally in the $37,300-$37,600 range on quotes we obtained. Don't know how much you can bargain down from there, if any.
  • anand4anand4 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the reponse. Here is what I have been offered by Johnson Automotive Center in Raleigh, NC: $35,999 + dealer fees, new tags, and 3% sales tax = $37,627.

Do you think I can do better than this?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to consumers who are looking to purchase an SUV right now. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle(s) you are researching or looking to purchase no later than Tuesday, June 3rd.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bdr2bdr2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote of $41,000 for an 09 Pebble Beach from a Dallas area dealer. It have navigation, heated seats, rain sensing wipers. I believe its around $500 over dealer invoice. Anyone aware of a better price in this area?
  • aubchicaubchic Member Posts: 9
    i hope someone here can help me. I am in the market for an 09 RX 350 but there is only one lexus dealer in my state (albuquerque lexus) and they charge a premium for their vehicles since there is no competition. The fleet manager will not give me a quote via email, so I know i will get the run around when i meet him in person. are there other dealers you can recommend out of state who i can get a quote from so i have the upper hand when i go in to test drive. i am open to buying out of state and paying to have the car transported here.

thanks!
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    Try Sewell Lexus in Dallas,TX. You can write the Internet Sales Mgr. on the color and options you want and she will send you back a quote. I live in Arkansas and there is only 1 Lexus Dealer here so I know what you are talking about. I bought my first Lexus from Sewell and saved around $1800 and that was after paying for a flight on SW Airlines to Love Field. Sewell is just a 3 wood shot from Love and they will pick you up and take you to the dealership. You can drive back to Albuquerque in a brand new Lexus and just enjoy the ride.
  • aubchicaubchic Member Posts: 9
    thanks catdaddy! first round through the nm dealer i was quoted 500 over invoice. not bad at all. i think i will email sewell in dallas now that i have a price from the other dealer.

does anyone know what the june numbers are? i was told for 48/12k lease the mf was .00222 with a 46 residual through LFS.
  • karens2008karens2008 Member Posts: 26
    i am new to leasing and just got a quote on a new model, the Infiniti EX35, and they would do a $490 monthly payment: Net Cap: 37,883.64, Residual: 52.% 21,619 and total depreciation of 16,264
    term was 39/15. Rate: .760 (msrp: 41,575 ) if this is enough for you to go on how does this compare with what you just stated? I don't understand what .00222 with a 46 residual means --
    I like the RX 350 more.
    This dealership is in Fairfield CT - so the north may differ drastically from the south - i would guess.
    Can you tell me what you would pay per month on that car and the depreciation, rent, etc.?
    I may lease if the deal is right - (they are giving 1500 off msrp and 2000 if you buy the car).
  • lexus_lover1lexus_lover1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Folks,

I am open to buying from anywhere in U.S. I will have the car transported if needed. Can anyone pls let me know a good place to buy from ? (You can also send me private email). I live on the east coast though, so east coast would be nice but not necessary. I am looking for a black on black with navigation/dVd, AWD RX 350.

Thanks sooooo much in advance!!
  • edy1edy1 Member Posts: 3
    same situation with lexus_lover1

live in ohio, and looking for matador red / bamboo exterior with light grey black

want the premium, and navigation, awd, how much should I expect, how much is the invoice and where can i get the best deal?

thanks
    can you send me their contact info and who you deal with?
    what is nm dealer? where is that? do you have their contact? if so, can you send me a private message with their contact.