Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fighter2fighter2 Member Posts: 5
    I just got my new 2009 RX350 ,AWD, Navigation and premium package for $38,800 +TTL... any comments
  • kermitfrogkermitfrog Member Posts: 15
    fighter2, that's a really good price... where did you end up buying this? I'm hoping to hold out until I get it for $38,500.
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Just got off the phone with an initial set of numbers for an RX350 with Nav, RES, Premium Plus, Heated Seats/RainSensing Wipers and Towing prep package. We currently have four months left on our current lease (2006 Odyssey) which were factored in. Guessing first offers aren't the best, but the numbers I punched into the lease calculator shows this is way high.

MSRP: 46,800
    Selling Price: 42,440
    Remaining Lease Payments: 2,540
    Total Selling: 45,000

Out of pocket: 1134 (First month payment, Doc fees)

Monthly payment: 712 before taxes

Dealer said they'd have to get vehicle since they don't have it, but would eat the 800 in transportation costs. Said I was getting the $1000 loyalty for previous Lexus owners and the interest rate was something like 1.6% until Sept. 2.

Now, when I figure it in the lease calculator, here's what I come up with:

MSRP: 46,800
    Selling Price: 42,440
    Add of lease payments: 2540
    Total Selling Price: 45,000
    Loyalty Discount: 1,000
    Final Selling Price: 44,000

Monthly Payment w/ tax: 565
    This is based on 57% residual and the 1.6% interest rate, which I'm sure we'll get given our credit scores.

Got the song and dance of 'we'll do whatever we can to earn business, we'll grind some more on the price', yada, yada, yada. I know it's a game, but I don't like it to be so obvious they're trying to ream me. Should I just e-mail my numbers back to him and see if they'll take them or just not bother and try to work with some other dealers. The thing about where we are is that all of the Lexus dealers are at least 200 miles away, so we're going to have to drive somewhere.
    FWIW, we really don't have to do anything at the moment on our current lease since we have 8500 miles remaining. But the wife really wants something new and it we can swing it, all the better. I know we'll have to pay those remaining payments somewhere, so why not on a newer vehicle she'd be much happier with.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Steve
    Panama City, FL
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Is the current $1000 loyalty discount Lexus is offering apply only to current owners of an RX or does it count to previous owners as well? My wife owned one back in 2001, so would that be too long ago to count?
  • pharmkellypharmkelly Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for a 2008 RX 350.
    I am offered as below:
    Demo car, 5000 milages
    Run flat all season tires, climate control seats, heated vantilated front seats, premium plus package and chrome wheels
    No navigation.
    Is it a good deal or should I go search a 2009 car?
  • minniemomminniemom Member Posts: 1
    fighter2, where did you get your 2009 RX350? It is a good deal!
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    No1 replied me !!! :blush:
  • p3bpilotp3bpilot Member Posts: 16
    Fighter...I am looking for a new RX350 in Arlington, VA area. That is a great price for AWD, Navigation and premium package. Did you add sattelite radio? Crazy it is not standard equipment. That price is below invoice of $40,564 from Edmunds.

Thanks for the help.
    I am in Northern VA looking for a 36 month lease 10K miles per year on a 2009. Trying to get the lowest selling price possible. Most are telling me $41,107 as their invoice when Edmunds says it is $40,621. Let me know if you find anyone willing to deal.

Thanks
  • snavsnav Member Posts: 7
    2009 Lexus RX350 AWD Black on Black
    PP+/Navigation/Liquid Graphite/Heated seats/Rain sensor wipers/Towing
    MSRP: $46,241

12,000 miles/36 months
    $609/month, $0 up front

Based on 56% RF, 0.0015 MF
    Includes all taxes, tags, and title fees.
    2009 Lexus RX350 AWD Nav Premium Plus Package
    MSRP: $45,981
    Base Cap Cost $40,500
    Adjusted Cap Cost $38,000
    Residual Value $26,209 based on 57% RF
    Money Factor .00145 3.48%
    Term: 10K miles/36 months
    Tag, Tax, associated fees paid up front and $2500 cost reduction
    $420/month

Can anyone beat this offer?
  • avopravopr Member Posts: 5
    Where did you get the deal? I am in California. Thanks ....
    Northern VA.
  • skywingskywing Member Posts: 1
    that's great deal! Where did you get it? Can you send me the contact? Thanks !
    Just to clarify...the adjusted CAP Cost was $38000. We put $2500 down on the car and another $2500 went to tax, tag, and associated fees. Total down was $5000 which included $420 first month payment. The selling price of the vehicle was $40,500 - $2500 down payment = Adjusted Cap Cost of $38,000. Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria, VA.
  • jiajing0223jiajing0223 Member Posts: 2
    I got my quote for a 2009, FWD, PP, 18" wheel (without Nav.) for OTD 39.6K. Is it too high? I got quotes from several dealers and what they offered is approximately the same price level. I am thinking the price is too high...........in FL :confuse:
    Anybody know if the 2009 RX350 has the aux port.
    You have to compare selling price of the vehicle. Each state will have a different tax rate...some will have none. Dealer prep, lease cost etc may vary.

MSRP for the 2009 RX350 AWD PP w/Nav is quoted at $45,981
    They claim their invoice is $41,171
    My purchase price is $40,500
    $2500 cap cost reduction left $38,000 on the lease

I understand the AWD is $1400 more than the front wheel drive.
  • dglozmandglozman Member Posts: 178
    no it doesn't ;-(

I was looking for the same thing. you could only ask to install an ipod connector with will work with ipod only.
  • dglozmandglozman Member Posts: 178
    Just leased 2009 Lexus 350 AWD with Navi and premium plus, heated seats package.
    The deal is for 36mo, 10,000 miles. $1670 due at signing (out the door) and $552 a month. This includes all taxes, title, registrations, fees, destination ... etc.
    Central NJ at Ray Catena of Freehold.
    Also they paid remaining 2 payments for my current Honda Accord lease ($273*2)

I think it is a good deal.
  • apollonia1apollonia1 Member Posts: 11
    $37599 offered; what do you think? Based on some of what I have read on here do you think I can get this with NAV for $39000
    Pleaseanton
  • dex3dex3 Member Posts: 2
    I have been pricing the service demos in my area, Chicago,IL, suburbs. My color choice is Savanah, which leaves out the option of a 2009. So far I have the price of 32,750 plus tax & title. Good Price? Do u think the 3m protector shield is a good idea, and any thoughts about price?
  • tony456tony456 Member Posts: 1
    Got a internet quote for 41,260 (4921 off the MSRP price) is it a good price ? ready to buy it today.

Checked out MDX 08 fully loaded for 37,000 (~7000 off MSRP). The Mercedes ML350 2009 with similar options was quoted for 48,500, but did not like the feel during test drive.
    I got an offer of $41900 for a Rx 350 AWD PP+ Nav yesterday and $1000 below invoice + freight today which I think is $41800k assuming frieght is $800. I saw someone on this board or another saying they got $38800 on the West coast for the same package...unless it was FWD. Dealer is saying prices increased since earlier sales this year due to the Yen/Dollar conversion. I am in the DC metro area. I thought the destination charge already covered freight....someone was telling me not to pay freight if I am also paying destination charge. Any ideas?
  • lexus09rxlexus09rx Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Black 09 RX350 AWD in LIC NY w Premium Plus Package, tow & NAV from a dealer friend of a friend that quoted me 500 above invoice which was 41750, and I think that was a pretty good deal for NY. Also was given 60 months financing at 2.9. I didnt pay any freight as the car was in stock so I rolled out with it the same day as purchase. Car is beautiful and I think I got what I paid for it. Hope this helps
    Just closed on this car 2009 Red/Blk, Nav, PP, AWD, Towing Prep, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks. $41793 includes everything except TTT. I added Ipod for an extra $520 on top of that. Dealer didn't have car in stock or probably could have gotten a lil better. Was shooting for $39900 which I saw that someone got on the West Coast. Consumer Reports Price Service Reports suggested $41608-$43238 as being reasonable assuming a 4-8% profit and stated that dealer invoice with these options is $40760 and Edmunds says invoice is $40921. Edmunds gave numbers for FWD so I had to adjust up. MSRP is $46241 with all my options excluding Ipod. MY OTD price was $44403 excluding the Ipod addon.
    Oh and AAA says dealer invoice with the options is $41200
  • snavsnav Member Posts: 7
    So I was wrong...

I picked up my 2009 RX 350 AWD PP+/Nav, etc. today,and I thought I was getting a great deal with $609/month, 0 money down with a 12,000 miles/36 month lease on a 46,241 MSRP vehicle.

Turns out the deal was even better! 15,000 miles/36 month lease for $600/month, 0 money down, 0.00145 MF, 56% RF!
  • bmkjbmkj Member Posts: 22
    I have 2 dealers at approx. $42,250 for Pebble Beach AWD (MSRP $47,236). I have seen postings of $41,500 for same car and as low as $38,800 for Nav (non Pebble Beach). Don't know if everyone posting is getting the $1000 Lexus loyalty rebate or not.
    What is reasonable counteroffer? Is 39K Nav and 40K Pebble Beach possible without the loyalty rebate?
    Thanks for everyone's postings. This board is a great help.
  • edmundsuser5edmundsuser5 Member Posts: 1
    Last week in Northern California for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles/year...

2009 rx350, AWD, Premium Plus, with Nav

MSRP: $45,426
    Negotiated Selling Price: $39,000
    Money Factor: 0.00145
    Residual: 56%

I was told that they would give me this price ($39,000) regardless of whether I paid cash, financed it, or leased it. I paid $500 above this price to get the full iPod hookup in the glove box (so it runs through the Nav). Also had to pay bank fee of $600 and doc fee of $45. No down payment (just first month and TTL) so drive-off came out to less than $1,000 (iPod, bank fee, and doc fee were all capitalized into the lease).

I am not a returning Lexus customer so didn't get the loyalty discount. I was told (and I confirmed with another dealer) that the invoice on the car was $40,613 (pre-iPod hookup).

Good luck shopping...
  • jypcmjypcm Member Posts: 2
    I just rec'd my registration and am very happy w/ my purchase frm Prestige Lexus, Ramsey, NJ and overall sales experience. The sales person I worked with was professional and patient with me since this transaction was completed over the telephone and initiated through Edmund's New Car Search pricing. I decided to underbid and was able to close the deal @ $39.5k in two telephone conversations. The catch was I had to pick, black on black which I was fine with given the savings in $'s. Buyer beware --- everyone will try very hard to sell you their vehicle but if you're persistent enough and determined you want a good car, someone will be willing to accommodate your needs. I felt bad for the Rallye, LI dealership because they took the time to show me the car.
  • avopravopr Member Posts: 5
    Could you send me the dealer and contact name information? I am in Northern CA also. I would think the selling price is available for leasing and/or buying deals.

thanks
    Did your price include the Lexus loyalty rebate ($1000) or are you a new Lexus owner? Do you know the MSRP and invoice?
    Sounds like you got a very good deal. I want to get mine at the same dealer if possible and appreciate any additional info.

Thanks
  • jypcmjypcm Member Posts: 2
    The price did not include the Lexus Loyalty rebate and this is my first Lexus. MSRP was 45,981--I don't know the invoice but am content with the price. Look them up on Edmunds Dealership search Prestige Lexus--they are located in Ramsey, NJ 07446

Good Luck shopping!
    Thanks for the info. I hope I can get a similar deal.
    Thanks again for your help.
  • jvm1001jvm1001 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a RX 350.
    AWD, White/light gray interior, Tow prep, Premium package, Navigation: $43,500 with tax and everything, out the door.
    Just wondering if I got a good deal or not. Thanks :shades:
    The only thing you can compare is the selling price... mine was $40,500.00. The rest of the price is in tax, tag, dealer charges. 3% sales tax in VA.
  • lexuskinglexusking Member Posts: 11
    After a month long chase finally one of the local dealers offered me the price of $39,500 and since Lexus has $1000 loyalty discount the price comes down to $38,500 + Tax and tags

Should I take it? :)
    this must be without navigation.
  • rigawayrigaway Member Posts: 1
    just bought a 2009 RX350 AWD, no Nav, 18" 7-spoke wheel, Heated Seats, Premium Plus package, Tow Prep, Wheel Locks at $37,230 + tax + fees...

By the way, I'm in the Bay Area
  • dex3dex3 Member Posts: 2
    What year is it?I bought RX2008 demo/certified, mil.14,000. car was very clean 31,750. or 31,250, without certified. No nav. Drove to Wisc from Illinois to make the deal. Dealer in Illinois wanted 36,000 for same car
    Lexusking,

Was this a car with AWD and Nav? If it is, I would take it. Do you know the MSRP?
    I am in the market also and would appreciate any info.
    Thanks
    It is 2009 AWD with PPP-NAV...MSRP of 46,300 or so. I have not picked it yet but plan to pick it tomorrow. Once I do will post the details.

The price they have offered is 39,500 +Tax+Tags+delivery charge. They will offer $1000 loyalty rebate on this price making it to $38,500 + + +; technically the rebate applies to final amount after tax.

should I take it? :)
    Lexusking,

You better take it or I might. LOL. How did you get them to this price? Did you start lower and negotiate up or just hold firm and threaten to walk out? That seems to be a very good deal. My best offer on a $47K Pebble Beach is now $41.5. I'm holding out trying to get close to $40K. Any advice?
    I finally picked up the RX 350 today. The MSRP was 46,241
    AWD, PPP etc

Price 38, 500

I paid OTR (On the road) 42K even with $2520 in MD tax 225 for tags and $825 delivery or destination charge. I did not pay any processing fee, online registration fee .2 of fee charged by VA state etc and rounded off the numbers to 42 K during pickup. I got $1000 lexus loyalty rebate.

I got the Bamboo pearl :) I will be glad to refer you to my sales person..PM me
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    I am from Los Angeles. Can Anyone tell me best price and discount off MSRP for:
    2009 RX350 Base Smokey Granite AWD,
    Options
    Pebble Beach w and w/o
    Navigation
    Premium Plus
    Roof Pack
    Towing Package
    Trunk Mat
    Wheel Lock
    It is a solid vehicle but model style has not change for years.
    Any body has experience with the FX 35 or EX 35? FX seems to be more and EX
    seems to be in line with the R350 these days.
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    For this configuration, my dealer Longo Lexus quoted me :

AWD,
    Options
    Pebble Beach 2 options w and w/o
    Navigation
    Premium Plus
    Roof Pack
    Towing Package
    Trunk Mat
    Wheel Lock

MSRP $45,796; Invoice $40,611; Offer $39,900 Plus Tax And License

I heard that 8-10K off MSRP is possible, what would be a credible offer be like? Is $35,000 + Tax and License out of line? Your experience is appreciate.

Also, hedging on the fact that 2010 EX350 might have complete face lift and be released in Feb of next year. Guess there must be lots of room for negotiation with the 09 RX350 if you do not mind the original body style. Is this correct?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    dealmaker, I would imagine people should be getting really good deals on the '09 RX350 right now, as the next gen. RX350 should be out by late 2009, I think. You're getting a great vehicle. I've had my '07 RX for two years now and I still love it like it was new!

This car is so easy to live with for your everyday commute and I'm getting pretty decent gas mileage with it. I have two years left on my lease and it's gonna be hard for any dealer to snatch me away from Lexus!!
  • nycqwertnycqwert Member Posts: 1
    Great job lexusking. I think you did very well. I am trying to buy one as well. Was the $1000 loyalty rebate because you owned a lexus or because you specifically owned another RX? Could you refer me to your dealer and sales person. I am new to the board and do not know how to PM. Any help in how to do that as well would be greatly appreciated.