Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• apollonia1apollonia1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi. Haven't closed on mine yet;car is not yet on site. Did your's include Liquid Graphite Finish 18 inch 7 spoke wheels (retail $605) and heated seats and rain sensing wipers (retail $665)? Trying to see how far off I am from yours. I'm also not a prior Lexus owner. With Destination, AWD, NAV, Towing Prep, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks, Prem Plus and the two items above my MSRP is $46241. I'm currently at $44403 all dealer fees, Maryland tax, title, tags included. My color combo of choice is also not on the lot so they have to get it from somewhere.
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    The question is whether to buy the 09 RX350 now at few thousands under MSRP or wait for the 10 RX350 and pay close to MSRP. Any thoughts on this. I looked at the Infiniti 09 FX 350 but they just do not have the track record as the Lexus yet.
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    2010 RX will be introduced in the first quarter of 2009 and will be available in the second quarter of 2009.
    I HOPE, that the 2010 RX will sell for invoice in 2009 December. If you want to buy now than go for 2009 @ atleast $2,000 less than invoice. Good Luck!!!
  • lexuskinglexusking Member Posts: 11
    To get the $1000 loyalty rebate, It can be any Lexus. Here is the dealer URL

http://www.lexusofalexandria.com/AboutSpecials

We debated about the RX 2010 which is coming around April 2009, however the third row seat and shape like Mercedes R series did not appeal us, so decided to buy 2009
  • prazpraz Member Posts: 163
    There is no word on specifics of 2010 RX. Where did you get the info?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    The Infiniti FX35 was one of the cars on my shortlist below the RX when I was shopping for a new car two years ago. Although I still like the FX: I like the sportiness factor, I don't much care for the gas mileage that it gets, and if you look at the pricing on the new one, it appears to be more expensive than the RX. Granted, you probably get some more high tech gadgets for the increase in price, but then there's some little things that you get on the RX that are either standard or increase the price of the RX minimally.

Before the Lexus, I had driven Nissan products for over a ten-year period, so my experience with the reliability with Nissan was very good. So as far as that goes, I still feel very confidant of the
    reliability of a Nissan/Infiniti product at this point, probably more so with the Infiniti products.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Oh, my lord, please don't tell me the 2010 RX is gonna look like a
    Mercedes R series!! Talk about a weird-shaped car! Not pretty!!
    The one picture that I saw a while back certainly didn't bring to mind the Mercedes R series to me. But then again, the car didn't look a whole lot different than the current generation, and it definitely didn't look long enough to have a third-row seat. So I'm not sure how accurate that one was.

Has anyone else found more up-to-date photos of the 2010 RX350 anywhere yet??
    Google Lexus RX 2010 and you will find multiple new pictures and we heard from the Dealer.

Since RX 350 was very popular with women, who always were somewhat reluctant, since it was not a utility vehicle like a minivan, they want to make the RX 350 as the mom's car....following Mercedes footsteps. Here is one link from google search

http://www.motorauthority.com/spy-shots-2010-lexus-rx-suv.html

I hate Mercedes R class shape.
  • robrepos12robrepos12 Member Posts: 6
    I'd like to PM you but don't know how.

When I go to your profile there is no option to send you a message. It says it hasn't been set up and that "CarSpace Page in Progress".

I'd like to get the name of your salesperson, if possible.

If you could PM me at carspace.com/members/roberepos12 I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
  • bmkjbmkj Member Posts: 22
    Finally pulled the trigger. Picking up a Pebble Beach RX350 tonight. Here are approx figures, don't have paperwork yet as deal was done on the phone.
    MSRP - $47,396
    Sell price - $40,900
    Lease 36 months 10K miles/yr Residual - 57%
    Rolled in all inception fees (Lease fee, motor vehicle etc.) which was about $1100
    Used multiple security deposit option (9 @ $500) to reduce money factor to .00073
    Monthly payment - $500
    Out of pocket is just first month of $500 and MSD (refundable)
    Looks like you are about $8000 off MSRP and good deal. Can you give me the full trims and option lists. Also, give me dealer and salesman information. $500 is great deal for the vehicle. I presume it is a 39 month lease program. 57percent resid is quite high but ok if you are not to keep at end of lease. Make sure you get gap insurance.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Best time to buy 09 will be when 10 have hit the dealers.

You looked at Infiniti FX...They are great vehicles with little jarring ride. If you are like RX's ride then FX will feel like a go-cart to you.

Have you considered MDX? You can pickup 08 MDX with tech pkg for ~36K in southern cal...most car like SUV you can buy. The front styling is little polarizing
  • yogibearsdyogibearsd Member Posts: 10
    Hello BMKJ - Please send the dealership and deal details to me too. Thanks.
  • slk2350zslk2350z Member Posts: 4
    I have been following this thread and would very much like to know the selling dealer and salesperson's name> you actually got a very good deal. I am looking to buy a 2009 RX 350 FWD, with NAV, PPP, and is the adjusting to turns HID headlights included in the aforementioned PPP package or add the option?
    Thanks much.
    My deal was at Prestige Lexus in Ramsey, NJ. Scott Naft was my salesman. I don't have the sticker with me as I type this, but I can tell you the Pebble Beach Edition has the PPP, NAV, 18" special edition Wheels, AWD, rain sensing wipers, wheel locks, Pebble Beach floor mats etc. MSRP is $47,396.

It is a 36 month lease and gap insurance is included with all Lexus Financial Leases. Also, the multiple security deposit option saved $54 per month for a $4,500 deposit. It's fully refundable and that's a 14.4% rate of return, and I temporarily put it on the free Lexus Pursuits Visa they gave me which gives me cash back and no interest for 60 days.
    So the dealership sold this car at $7596 under MSRP (i.e. 47,396-39800)?

Does the $40,900 include the $1100 (inception fees, dmv)?

Does the $40,900 include the $825 delivery charge?

Did you get a Lexus Loyalty ($1000) discount as part of the above?

Does the $40,900 include anything else?

Thanks.
    They actually sold it for about $6500 under MSRP. The $40,900 (I think the lease papers actually say $40,887) includes the $825 delivery, but not the $1100 inception fees. I did not qualify for the Loyalty rebate.

So if you do the math, the adjusted capital cost is approx $42,000 with the fees rolled in and the residual is $27,015 (57% of MSRP $47,396). Depreciation is approx. $416. Reduced money factor of .00073 on $69,015 equals approx $50. Total is $466 plus 7% NJ tax is $500.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks, I appreciate the info.
  • slk2350zslk2350z Member Posts: 4
    That is a fantastic deal, well done! If only the SF Bay area dealers were that motivated to move their inventory! So far, I have only been able to get soemwhere in the 3s off MSRP and they sound like they are doing me a favor! I may need to go Southern CA in hopes of getting a better deal to buy one.
    Thanks again and enjoy your new ride!
    bmkj paid 40,900 which did not include the lexus loyalty, but did include the $825 destination charge on a vehicle with an MSRP of 47,396.

lexusking paid 38,500 which did include the lexus loyalty ($1000) but from his post it looks like it DID NOT include the $825 destination charge on a vehicle with an MSRP of 46,241. I tried to contact him to clarify this (and to find out the name of his salesperson at the VA dealership) but didn't get a response.

So if we are comparing apples to apples, with the lexus loyalty, bmkj would have been 39,900 (with destination) against lexusking's 39,325 (with destination). This is a $525 difference in actual cost, but the MSRP differed by $1,155.

Also note that lexusking's dealership charged him tax on the $1000 lexus loyalty discount (something that other dealerships don't do), which at 5% VA sales tax would have been another $50, bringing the difference in actual cost to $475 against options of $1,155 included in bmkj's car and not included in lexusking's car.

Don't know if either of these two individuals had to pay a 'document' fee or any other type of bogus add-on fee. If so that might change the computation above.

Looks to me like bmkj did better.
    If you read my previous post I did not pay any other fee. NO PROCESSING, NONE FOR MATS or anything else. 42K out of door with approx $2500 in tax and 225 for tags and $10 for electronic motor vehicle processing fee

I hate to write names, email addresses and or phone numbers on forums and can't figure out how to invoke the PM.
    To send a PM

1) hit 'reply' to this message

2) if asked to login, login

3) at Top of the page, click on 'My CarSpace'

4) at right, click on 'Mailbox'

5) at top, click on 'Compose'

6) in 'To' type in [email protected]

7) in body, type in the name of your salesperson and the name of the dealership

8) at bottom (you may have to scroll down), press 'Send Message'

Thanks!
    I think we both got good deals. I have to say this board was an enormous help in preparing my strategy. It amazes me how many people just walk in to a dealer without doing their homework. If you want a good deal, you need to check real world numbers on boards like this, know the invoice, know if there are incentives, know the money factors and residuals if you are leasing. It's all out there and there are plenty of people who will share their experiences.
    Finally, after all your facts are gathered, don't be afraid to negotiate. Ask for as much as you can. The worst they can say is no. If you are reasonable and a serious buyer, you will get a good deal. Thanks again to all that helped me. I hope I can help future customers and pay it forward.
  • apollonia1apollonia1 Member Posts: 11
    with the credit market drying up I am glad I bought it when I did versus waiting!
  • socalcpasocalcpa Member Posts: 15
    Does anyone know if the loyalty rebate for prior / current Lexus owners is still available for October? Edmunds shows a $1000 marketing support for dealers but no info on the loyalty rebate.
  • kermitfrogkermitfrog Member Posts: 15
    Lexus is currently offering a $1000 factory incentive to dealers (until October 31st), which means you can get great deals as of now (this applies to everyone, not just previous or current Lexus owners). I've confirmed this with several fleet managers. Negotiate away!
    As far as I am aware there is a $1000 "closing certificate", as well as a $1000 dealer incentive on the 2009 RX350.

The $1000 "closing certificate" is also good on the 2008 LS460.
  • brentsinboxbrentsinbox Member Posts: 1
    I am in 92691 zip code South Orange County. Will drive anywhere to get the best low price deal. 08 or 09 used a little or new...
    Please tell me where to get the best deal....
    Thanks
    I just purchased my new RX350 2009 AWD w/Navigation/Bluetooth, premium package w/towing prep, heated front seats, MSRP $45,250.00 for $38,200.00 before tax/title/license in the Bay Area over the weekend. The great thing is, I purchased this vehicle with a low 0.9% financing for 36 months to boot! Lexus, for some odd reason is not advertising this special interest rate and the dealer didn't mention this until I asked.... I found out through another dealership (the promo started on 10/17 & you need a credit score of 750 or more to qualify). I think it's the best time to buy now with the lower gas prices and a slowdown in car sales. Good luck!
  • rosalindayrosalinday Member Posts: 20
    when will the 0.9% financing end?
  • abubbabubb Member Posts: 1
    Bay Area? May I know which dealership? Any further details (phone#, name, etc)? I'm in 95014 (near Stevens Creek) and I'd run to get the same deal. Thanks.
    abubb- I sent a PM to you for further info, since we're not allowed to post names or contact info here. From what I'm aware, the 0.9 financing ends on 10-31-08... Lexus may extend that, but I'm not sure. I don't ever recall seeing such low financing rates from Lexus though, especially on new vehicles.
    I called yesterday. They told me the financing for RX350 is 1.9% for 36months, 2.9% for 48months and 3.9% for 60 months. She told me no 0.9% available. I'll call a few dealers to find out if this can combine with the $1000 cash rebate. Does anyone know?

kermitfrog-can you tell me which dealer you dealt with?
  • fatwhalefatwhale Member Posts: 9
    Can I also have the name of the dealership? I am thinking about purchasing one this Friday and would like to know what final number I should be expecting. Can you also confirm the financing rate as well? The info I got was 1.9 for 36 and 3.9 for 60. Thanks.
    Would the financing terms get more aggressive towards the end of the year?

shall I by pass this financing promotion and wait?
    Does it come with Eddie Bauer Edition? With this feature, I was quoted a 41K price by the dealer in LA. Is this a good deal?
    From what I was told at the first dealership I negotiated with (Pleasonton Lexus), the RX, and RX only, has .9% for 36, 2.9% for 48, and 3.9% for 60 months. I can't believe they would take away the .9% already. The final price I purchased my vehicle for already includes the $1000 cash incentive, so I'm sure it's combinable.

rosalinday- I'll PM you for more info.
    dealmaker2008- my RX350 isn't the PebbleBeach edition, just the standard. A price of $41K is reasonable, but I've gotten quotes for $40,500... so you should pressure them to do $40,000 I'm sure it's possible. Good luck!
    fatwhale- I sent you a PM as well.
    the guy i dealt with in Fremont yesterday did say 2.9% for 60 months. edmunds shows 0.9-2.9% today also. So i guess the sales reps just don't know-it-all.

he also told me that it's almost impossible to find one with a rear entertainment center. without that I am fluctuating between RX and ES again. The only good thing is the financing rate, it will save thousands, at the end, a RX350 will cost the same as the ES350. I did my math....
    OK. latest words I got:

RX 350 AWD with NV and PT(prem plus) packages for $38,500 plus tax and license for a total of ABOUT $42,000 out of door.

Good deal? It appears the only profit they get is the hold-back cash? Did I get this right?
    someone please give me some support, as it is a big decision for me. I have to know if I shall pick it up tonight.
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    Check this out and decide for yourself if you really want to buy 2009 or wait for 2010.
    http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=134853#6
    I got mine down to $38,200 finally.
    Thanks. I don't think I can wait for another year. Why is the 2010 coming out this early? early 2009? 350 will not be the hybrid version though.
  • marinitemarinite Member Posts: 44
    Hi Rosalinday,
    There's a black with beige interior with a rear entertainment in Marin at Lexus dealer... saw it on Sunday. It's also with the Mark Levinson pkg so it's not cheap.
    Good luck... looking myself!
    Cheers,
    Marinite
  • marinitemarinite Member Posts: 44
    Could someone pm me, too, please, regarding dealership you've used. I'm in NoCal/Bay Area - perhaps there's an even better deal if we give them 2? I'd think so!
    Thanks,
    Marinite
    i don't know how to pm, and am running out of time to play with it today. i am in the bay area too. It appears they are all willing to work with this price.

I'm dealing with the one in san jose, stevens creek.
    Marinite- a PM is sent to you as well.
  • andywuweiandywuwei Member Posts: 26
    My first post in RX forum here. I am looking to buy a 2005 CPO RX330 AWD with 52k mileage. Dealer asking price is 25k. Is this a good price? How much do you guys think is a good deal? I live in Bay area. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.