Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rosalindayrosalinday Member Posts: 20
    OK. I picked up mine today. the salesman made me really happy by throwing in $1000 down for me. Don't know how he did it. i didn't ask for it. He just did it. So my out of door price became under $41,000. Sweet!!

summary:
    RX350 AWD
    options: FV, HH, NV,PM(not PT), and TO.
    MSRP: $45,250.00

I was as happy as a bird!
  • kevinharriskevinharris Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

Is the $1000 rebate still available????

Thanks.
  • marinitemarinite Member Posts: 44
    According to one dealer, yes. Yay... onward!
  • prikprik Member Posts: 5
    I bought 2009 Lexus Rx 350 AWD with pebble beach, navigation, towing prep, heated front seats with rain sense wipers and head lamp washers. I paid 39950 including destination charges. Is it a good deal??
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    I was quoted by Longo Lexus 40,500 few days ago. They claimed it (Silver exterior) is the only Pebble Beach edition left on the lot. Not sure whether it is worth going to Pebble Beach for some of the customer features or go to the Mark Livingston System for the sound. Can you share your experience? did you lease or finance? The 0.9% finance is for 36 months, I believe.
    Initially even we were not particular about pebble beach edition, but other dealer offered us almost the same price for the one without pebble beach......... so we decided to buy the one with pebble beach (as we were getting it for almost the same price). The dealer said that 0.9% was not available (it might be available in some selected areas) so we had to take it @ 1.9%.
    I did not find much difference with the normal one and the pebble beach one except for the logo (all others mentioned are kind of negligible) but the thing I liked in it was the combination of ivory leather trim (seats) "with brown walnut accent" which according to me looks great !! and also the dash board color is light..which I felt, makes the environment bright when compared to black.
    Well, if you love music you can go for mark levinson that has got 11 speakers!!!
    6 speakers is also good .... but if you want something more rocking, banging ...you should go for mark levinson.....
  • rucrazyrucrazy Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone have any idea what the incentives will be for December? Want to purchase a new RX350 if I can get a GREAT deal. Otherwise, will wait for the 2010. I was hoping since they have a body style change that they will be looking to discount the 09's. Anyway have any insight they want to share? Thanks.
    All,
    Anybody knows the pricing structure of the new 2010 RX350 when it came out early next year? Any idea about discount off MSRP?
    Deciding between 09 vs 10 models. The 10 models looked more refined from the pics taken in Europe.
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    May be 5% more than 2009 pricing. For hybrid expect to pay approx 8-10% more.
  • robywangrobywang Member Posts: 8
    Hi prik,

That sounds a very good deal to me.
    I got a quote of 36882+TTL for a base AWD. That's like 2000 more than yours.
    Thanks for the information Robywang......I am really feeling good :)
  • cutbhamcutbham Member Posts: 4
    I live in the southeast and am looking to purchase a 2009 rx 350 fwd premium package only and was wondering what a good otd price would be.my tax rate is just over 2%. Thanks.
  • goodfellawzguygoodfellawzguy Member Posts: 7
    I am in the process of negotiating for an RX350. Just to make sure that I am looking at Apples to Apples, I had a quick question to those who got a great deal. Where your windows tinted and did your dealership offer 2 years of free maintence?
  • lonestar4lonestar4 Member Posts: 11
    I live in the Houston area. Wonder what's the price for a 2009 Lexus RX 350 with NV system around here. Don't mind if I have to travel to Dallas somewhere a few hundreds miles away to get a better deal.
    Thanks!
  • goodfellawzguygoodfellawzguy Member Posts: 7
    Lonestar - I am doing the same in Houston. Keep in touch and let me know if you hear of any great deals.

My first round of quotes were pretty high compared to numbers on this board. Hoping to get lower on the next round. Also, the Houston economy continues to do better compared to other parts of the country, so I think it will take some extra work to get a great deal.

Also, it seems impossible to get a great deal on an AWD, pretty much everything in town is FWD.
    Just make sure you know the numbers before you pick up your phone, i.e. add all option invoice prices to base invoice price, then minus the following:

-rebate $1000 (current one is good til 1/5/09, may be extended)
    -$1000 close certificate (call to see if it is available, this is not advertised anywhere on web.)
    -$500 to $1000( I did $700) this is assuming the manufacturer gives dealers more than $1000 on holdback cash. Many ppl assume $2000 on this board.

then add tax and license fees.

test drive ahead, do not negotiate at dealer's office, but make your phone call on 29th,30th or even 31st of the month.

Good luck!
    and don't forget the interest rate. the low rate is a steal.
    Hi Rosalinday,
    I know you had success at the SJ dealer but they absolutely wouldn't budge beyond the $1000 rebate plus the $1000 certificate. I'm finding this to be common... anyone else?

Thanks!
  • drakaruladrakarula Member Posts: 12
    What would be a good price on a certified pre won. I am looking to pay cash. I am in Long Island NY. I am willing to go to NJ.
    Hi Kermit,
    Never got a pm but then again, I can't find where on this site it would be sitting. Ugh. I thought it would be sent via email but it didn't. Hmm. I'll investigate - thanks though!
    Marinite
  • kermitfrogkermitfrog Member Posts: 15
    Hey Marinite... I went ahead & sent another PM. Just login and click on the icon above (on the left) that says, "edmunds CARSPACE"... once you're logged in, to your right side, click on the mailbox icon.
  • laserslasers Member Posts: 5
    I am reading the following message, what is out the door price with tax and everything. About to purchase the identical features car.

I just purchased my new RX350 2009 AWD w/Navigation/Bluetooth, premium package w/towing prep, heated front seats, MSRP $45,250.00 for $38,200.00 before tax/title/license in the Bay Area over the weekend. The great thing is, I purchased this vehicle with a low 0.9% financing for 36 months to boot! Lexus, for some odd reason is not advertising this special interest rate and the dealer didn't mention this until I asked.... I found out through another dealership (the promo started on 10/17 & you need a credit score of 750 or more to qualify). I think it's the best time to buy now with the lower gas prices and a slowdown in car sales. Good luck!
    MSRP $45,250.00
    $38,200.00 before tax/title/license
    $41,935.06 after tax/title/license
    less $1000 close certificate

out the door with everything is $40,935.06 to be exact.
    Here is what I think about the Mercedes R. It looks like a funeral hearst especially the black color. How come the Germans so good at designing the latest S model and Maybach got dumbfounded in the SUV designs?
    Hello Rosalinday,
    thanks for the info. Did you lease or buy. If leasing what is the money factor, and the %depreciation. Or, monthly payment for 36 months?

I am in Cleveland, Ohio area and the Metro Lexus dealer is sitting at 42K before tax and title, before rebate.
    Thanks
    Sounds like you have a great deal. Can you tell me the Bay area dealer ship and salesman's names so I can pursue the same deal here in LA. Tks.
  • bond4jamesbond4james Member Posts: 5
    Could you please PM me dealer details.

Thanks in advance.
    -G
    Thanks Kermit! And thanks Rosalinday for the details, too!

It seems like they want to take the $1000 off the after TTL amount - so they collect tax on that? I'm wondering how that will affect my lease? I'll run it on Leaseguide.com and check.

Money factor is .00095 for top tier credit (720+). 54% residual for 12k/yr, 36mo. - I think someone was asking.

Cheers and many thanks again for all the insight. Where would we be without it??
    Marinite
    Mine is a purchase. Not sure about he lease terms.
    Maybe because you are calling on the 12th of the month? I called on the 29th, and picked up on the 31th.
    please check your mailbox
    I am looking to purchase a 09 rx350 premium pkg. only. I have been given a quote of $35,000 total (everything except taxes). This is with the incentive and certificate applied. Is this a good deal??
  • bill1426bill1426 Member Posts: 1
    What is name and location of dealer?
  • sandra4699sandra4699 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to lease an 09 Lexus RX350. This is for the package without the NAV. just the leather package that MSRP's for 43K. here is the deal i received from the dealer.

$37,700 for the car
    $1500 due at signing
    lease for 48 months
    15k miles a year
    Dealer is located in Danvers, Massachusetts

Do you think this is a good deal or should I work for the same deal with the NAV/blue Tooth package? The reason they stretched the lease for a 4year was because I wanted my payments low between the $400-$500 range. They came at me w/ $484 a month. HELP!
    Sandra, I am in the same situation but like the NAV and Blue Tooth Package. Think they have a 0% finance package with Tier 1 credit. I was quoted one with Eddie Bauer Edition with MSRP $46,700 and willing to sell for USD 41,500 + T&L. That was about a month ago in Los Angeles. It might have come down a bit since that time. Think yours is a good deal.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Lexus has an Eddie Bauer edition? :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

i think that just meets the top of the line edition...
    Does anyone have any other advice?
    the dealer is in alabama
    Eddie Bauder is really a collection special edition and most likely does not add much resale value. One can enjoy more with AWD, premium package, NAV, blue tooth, iPod connection, heated seats, and if you need more speakers, the Livingston package. I think if you can get it for 39-40K plus tax, license etc out the door at USD 1000 down and 0.9% finance in Los Angeles, you should be good. Any suggestions from other 2009 RX 350 people out there?
  • rucrazyrucrazy Member Posts: 7
    Do you know what the money factor and the residual value are? You may be able to get the lease payment down so more...
    Don't forget that extra $1000 that goes with the RX from the mfg and the $1000 certificates (I know this dealership has some because they told me). I got a sell price from Herb Chambers for $37,122. I am holding out for 36K, hopefully by the end of the month.
    I can't remember. I called them and told them i was looking for a better deal and they said they would call me back. I was thinking I could get them around 36k if i tried hard enough. We'll see what they come back with. thanks for your advice
    Does anyone know if the December to Remember sales event which starts tomorrow will bring any additional deals for the Rx given that there is already low financing apr and factory to dealer incentives??
    I think even Lexus is not immune to the current market tanking situation.
    1. Release of 01 RX 350 at the LA Autoshow
    2. Inventory at hand
    3. Market competition
    4. Consumer confidence
    5. Big 3 bail-outs

These factors will keep Lexus pricing structure at bay which is great for the consumers.

The question is whether to buy
    1. Proven and Reliable 09 RX350 (but the point to be make is there are so many
    RX 350 on the road (at lease in Los Angeles area)
    2. New and Improved 10 RX 350 which appears to have taken care of some minor
    imperfections in the previous models

Will someone in the same body as I am share their thoughts with me!

:confuse:
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    2010 RX350 is a big dissapointment. Some will like it and buy just because of "L".
    Exterior looks like a love child between Camry and Highlander. Interior does not have a luxury feeling like other Lexus models and the angular/swoop dash is kinda innovative but not sure if many will like it. Nice tech gadgets but what a waste when the car as a complete package is big let down. Didn't expect this from Lexus on their best selling car and a bench mark for luxury SUV's.
    10 Lexus RX 350 ... have not heard of any positive comments sofar....
  • edan1edan1 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please send me the information. too? thanks.
  • edleevmedleevm Member Posts: 6
    Hi dealmaker2008 can you send me some info in regards to what pricing you are able to get thanks
  • chamferchamfer Member Posts: 16
    We are planning on buying a RX350 Premium plus with Navigation. The salesperson did not tell us about the 0.9% APR. They only mentioned the 2.9%. Where did you find out about this and does this apply to southern California? We are getting for $37,363 plus tax and fees. Is this similar to what you paid?
    I was quoted by Longo Lexus few weeks back on a Mica Color Pebble Beach Edition. (last one) with Navigation and with most options. The MSRP was about 46,500 USD and they sell for 40,500 USD or thereabout excluding license and tax. Think it is about 1500 USD more that the Premium Plus package. I was trying to get the Livingston package with more 11 speakers and passed on that deal.
    These days I am also looking at the Acrua MDX which is more powerful
    (30 HP more ) and bigger (seats seven). From Acura website looks like a wonderful vehicle.