Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• chamferchamfer Member Posts: 16
    It is FWD and we are also in southern california. My friend is trying to purchase a ES and the dealer said that he would give us additional discounts if we both purchase there. Maybe we could turn this into a three way discount.
    We got a deal for RX prem plus with nav. FWD. OTD price is $40,220. Which is about 9k off sticker, i think it was 36,823 plus fees and taxes.
    that is good but try to get atleast 600 lower. we got 40,220.
    i am also in southern california. maybe we are at the same dealer. mine is southern orange county.
    it is FWD. in southern california.
  • lovcarslovcars Member Posts: 8
    Hi! I'm checking out all the same cars. Couple of comments: RX deal is good, but it is sort of a Star Bucks lady car, and handling is not that great; FX is sort of an ok deal, the 09 has alot of advantages and you could get that new for about $550 loaded with navi, handles well but drinks gas; Murano is a very good deal if it's got enough features on the particular car, these cars have most of the technology of the infinite, handle well and have more space than the other 2, only drawback is sort of funky design. Have you driven the new Toyota Venza? I would check it out before making a decision. It has NICE interior, handles well, good gas mileage. Problem is no good deals now. Good luck to you!
    Got same price for same car. Can't seem to do any better. This was in SCA.
    Take this deal. It is excellent!!
  • apollonia1apollonia1 Member Posts: 11
    I'd love to see more east coast deals posted...because the ones being posted for the West Coast look far lower than offers being given over here
  • leaser310leaser310 Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking at a 2009 RX350 with nav, liquid graphite wheels, heated seats, Premium plus package, cargo mats, towing prep and wheel locks. MSRP 46,241. Price I got(not including tax, etc) $38K.

thinking of leasing, but don't think the lease deal is good: $2990 for tax and fees up front, then 10K miles: $482. 12K: $493.

Anyone have lower leasing prices than these? Any idea how I can get the leasing price down? The dealer won't tell me his residual or money factor. Thanks.

CCB (confused car buyer)
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    There are no silver bullet for the perfect vehicle.
    If I can cut a deal for a fully loaded 09RX350 for under $425 or 09 FX 35 for under $450 or thereabouts for 36 months that will be super.
    I noticed that you generally get a better discount in the West Coast over East Coast for the same vehicle with identical trims.
    09 FX 35 is the exception with dealers not willing to deal like their Lexus counterparts. Matter of supply and demand.
    I hope the picture will change as the West and East Coast docks are like parking lots these days and everyone is having problems moving vehicles.
  • JBO12JBO12 Member Posts: 8
    leaser310 - that's the lowest offer i've seen in the ny/nj/ct tri-state area at the $46,241 msrp level ($38k) and i've been looking for a few weeks now to lease a similar car - which dealer is this through? my suggestion is to walk through a lease worksheet you have all prepared and filled out with your assumptions and calculations and confirm them one at a time. there are lease worksheets available online and i built my own if you want to take this discussion offline (you should be able to see my email).
    Manhattan Lexus gave me that price ($38000). They bettered the price of Ray Catena's in Freehold, NJ by $500.

CCB
  • 4joy4joy4joy4joy Member Posts: 10
    Where did you purchase your RX? Dealer name? We are at OTD $40,800 and holding. I am not sure we can get them lower.
  • kroger321kroger321 Member Posts: 7
    I am shopping in Miami for a lease on an RX350 FWD. I want a 36 mo. lease, 10,000 miles, just inception costs ($850). The best deal I've gotten is $430/mo. including taxes. I believe that the MSRP for the car is $40,836. Can anyone tell me if I should be able to do better? Thanks in advance.
  • oghowieoghowie Member Posts: 60
    I'm looking at the MSRP and Invoice pricing listed on Edmunds / Costco vs the Lexus website and the Lexus website MSRP is lower than the listed prices. Did they lower it recently? It's hard for me to judge the real invoice price of the 09 RX350 without correct info.
    Interesting, different MSRP from different websites? If Lexus website is lower, than Edmunds should update or vice versa.
  • kimuratkimurat Member Posts: 6
    Hi Leaser310 the price you got ia AWD or FWD? Many thanks.
    Hi, Kimurat. That price is for an AWD. BTW, just closed a lease deal with them -- 2736 out the door(including first month's payment) 15K for $460/month.

I know that's a good price, but I would not recommend the dealership. Caught them lying on money factor (I had already checked online and with another Lexus dealership) and when I told them, they tried to convince me I was wrong. I had to call another dealership on the speaker phone for them to lower the money factor.

It took 3 1/2 hours to get out of there with a deal, and I ended up adding back $500 on the 38000 purchase price. I'm never buying the car out of lease, at least not with this kind of treatment. At first I thought it was only my salesman, but I caught the delivery manager lying about when I could pick up the car I wanted because he was trying to sell me a car he already had prepped.

They're agressive about beating another dealer's price, I'll give them that. But they're dishonest(are ANY of these dealerships honest???), and I wouldn't get a car from them again.

Good luck.

ccb
  • lakerssrinilakerssrini Member Posts: 6
    I purchased a '09 RX with the same package as mentioned for $40K (incl Tax Title) in Houston.. I am not sure if I got a good deal...
    Where did you buy a car in Houston? and how much did pay for the car incl tax TTL ?
  • HOUSTON_KEVINHOUSTON_KEVIN Member Posts: 11
    I paid drive out price: $40000.
  • HOUSTON_KEVINHOUSTON_KEVIN Member Posts: 11
    What package did you get? and what dealer did you buy from?
    Thanks leaser310! enjoy the ride!
  • DCMUG08DCMUG08 Member Posts: 5
    I got an offer for $39,909 out the door for an RX350 with premium plus pkg and navi system. I'm trying to get another dealer to beat that price. This is the first offer that the dealer gave me. Shouldn't I be able to negotiate a better price?
    I got the NV + Premium plus + TO + WL + C1.. What did you get ?
    Which city/state did you get this offer, I think it is a great one.
    That is a great price. I thought mine couldnt get beat. I got 40,223 OTD in Mission Viejo.

Where did you get the offer??

Also try to get the 0.9% financing.
    4joy4joy,

We actually didnt purchse yet. It is on the boat and will be here in two weeks.

We got the price from Mission Viejo, CA.

There was another posting that someone got it lower to 39,909. I replied to where they got that price.
    I got the offer at Rockville, MD but now Lindsay at Alexandria, VA is now trying to match it since it's right across the street from my house. I"m still holding out though because the Chantilly, VA dealer is saying they have an agreement with Costco(i'm a costco member) and I'll be "wowed" by their offer. I'm going to see them tomorrow to see if they can beat that offer.
  • adw6adw6 Member Posts: 2
    I currently have a 2004 IS300 and am looking at an RX350. I test drove one this weekend and was surprised that it didn't have smart key access available. I'm curious as to why multiple Toyota lines (i.e. Highlander, Camry, Prius, etc) have this feature and most Lexus models do not. Does anyone know if the 2010 Lexus' will have smart key access? Seems odd that you would lose features moving up from Toyota to Lexus.
  • 5732smd5732smd Member Posts: 2
    Rx 350 FWD Premium Plus w/ Nav $36,700 + TTL.
  • bargainhunter7bargainhunter7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Thanks for sharing the final selling price? I am also here in the Bay Area. Will you please let me know which dealer you received the quote from and also, did you use the internet pricing to negotiate with? thank you.
  • bjgcpabjgcpa Member Posts: 4
    We recently leased a 2009 RX350. Here is a great way to reduce your monthly payment. I know Lexus accepts it along with some other companies.

Give the dealer a Refundable security deposit. We were able to reduce our monthly payment by $50 per month by giving the dealer a refundable security deposit equal to nine monthly payments that I will have refunded to me at the end of the the lease.
    Refundable deposit idea.
    Great to know. Saving is $600 per year and for 3 years equals to $1800. That is excellent investment. Does it work for all Lexus's lease?
    hi i'm from queens, ny. i'm looking for a rx350 awd with navi and premium plus package. dealer told me the invoice is 41347 and minus the 2500 they got the lowest he can give me is 38847... any thoughts?

does anyone thinks that lexus won't give anymore incentives after the dec. to remember promotion? if miss this time probably need to wait till the 2010 comes out right?
    We just purchased a 2009 RX350, FWD, NAV that includes the Premium Pkg. We were OTD at $40,000 which means we paid 36,565.09 for the vehicle. We put $10,000 down (put $5,000 on charge card for flyer miles...of course will pay it off before any interest) and financed at .9%....three years financing for $413.88...we are happy with our purchase. We purchased from DCH Lexus of Oxnard, CA...the internet department and I can say the whole experience was very positive. I highly recommend them.
  • alex800alex800 Member Posts: 7
    I’m looking to buy 09 RX350 AWD with PPP, NAV and heated seats in NY/NJ area. What would be the best OTD price at this time? I plan to pickup the car within a week.

TIA
    Just bought my 09 RX360 AWD with Navi/Premium Plus and heated seats last night OTD for $39,300. I got it in Chantilly, VA.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    What is the price before tax, title & license?
    Do you know the MSRP for your car?

Tax rate is different in each state.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    According to the pictures, the RX350 2010 will have the Smart
    Key Access.
    I believe only the Lexus SUV models don't have this feature.
    Other models already have it in 2007.
  • alex800alex800 Member Posts: 7
    Thats sound like great price. So far the best quote that I have is 39,300 plus tax and fees with msrp of 46,241. About 42,000 OTD.
  • sdiaznjsdiaznj Member Posts: 4
    Same thing in NJ,getting the 39,000 best price. I want 39,300 out the door. And 4joy4joy, your math is not adding up. Anyway I would like to know what you people in NJ and Ny or paying or getting quoted.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Lexus started putting the push-button start on its 2007 sedan models. Thus, the RX350 is the same model that came out in
    2004, so it doesn't have the push-button start feature yet. The 2010 model will have that feature. Same thing with the Lexus GX470. Right now the current GX SUV does not have push button start. Toyota started adding the push-button start to its 2007 models also.
  • tranavtranav Member Posts: 32
    4joy4joy,
    I am looking for a 09 RX350 too in Orange County, CA.
    What is the MSRP on your RX350 FWD? Does it have the NAV with Mark Levinston? Does it have Towing Package? Heated Seats w or w/o Sensor? Does it have Chrome Wheels? Thanks in advance,
    Vehicle 36565.09
    doc prep fee 55.00
    sales tax 3021.16
    DMV elc filing fee 28.00
    license 237.00
    registration fees 85.00
    tire fees 8.75
    total 40,000.00

What am I missing? Some of the fees might have been negotiated but we are happy with our price
    NO, we purchased the FWD with the NAV system. I just checked the Lexus build your own site and the options are different than they were yesterday??
    We have the
    Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth® technology
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column with memory
    - Lexus Memory System to control power driver's seat (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Illuminated entry system
    - Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade
    - Roof rails/roof rack
    - Outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
    - Heated seats
    - Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers and headlamp washers
    - Seven-spoke 18-in aluminum alloy wheels with Liquid Graphite finish (235/55VR18 tires and full-size spare) Michelin tires
    - 6 disk cd and tape deck

I apologize but I cannot find a list of everything on the vehicle. We did get the Smokey Granite Mica with the light Grey leather trim and black bird's eye maple.
    The car is beautiful and we are please with our deal.
    Price before tax/title/license was $38125. MSRP was $46,241. Yea I know tax rate is different but that shouldn't matter. I was dealing between MD and VA and VA has the higher tax rate. I think I could've gotten them down to $39,000 OTD but was tired :). Don't let them fool you. You can get them down to $39,300 too.
    That's too much! You should get them to give it to you for $39,300 for OTD. Don't budge when you in the dealership..they'll try to claim they're losing money...just ignore that.
  • sunshine30sunshine30 Member Posts: 7
    New on here... Looking to purchase a 09 RX 350, pretty basic model in the state of Florida before Christmas- We are in the beginning of our search and for a model that lists for about 40,500 they are saying the best OTD price is about $35,600. Is that a good deal or should I try for better? We have about 4 dealerships within a 100-mile radius and dont mind traveling to any of these for a good deal. Also, does anyone know if just by calling these places over the phone is effective? Thanks so much.
    We got our deal from Mission Viejo lexus. The MSRP i think is 44,950.

It is PPP with nav and rain sensing( i think) but im sure without chrome wheels. Other than the chrome wheels i think alll that you mentioned is standard with the PPP.

We havent bought it yet. Maybe in a week or two.

Where did you get your offer from????