Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tiga2008tiga2008 Member Posts: 2
    scoutanddatty
    I would be interested. Looking to buy (not lease) a 09 or 08 Lexus RX350 AWD for my in-laws.
  • kenaschkenasch Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice. We purchased from T.O. and bought the premium package FWD with Liquid Graphite Wheels, MSRP 40,551. We offered to buy at $7500 off and after some mild haggling settled on a price of $33,500 which is $7051 off. I think your suggestion saved us some money as we might have paid more than that without reading this board first.
  • tranavtranav Member Posts: 32
    It's good to hear that. I, myselft, bought the same one as your yesterday from Santa Monica. I was settling for $7500 off MSRP but then the car with my preference of color got just sold to another customer. So they offered me a different color car with another $200 off. At the end I bought my new 09 RX350 with MSRP of $40551 at $32851 ($7700 off). I was trading in my 02 RX300 that's why I know how good the car is and how good Lexus service is. I am sure that I will enjoy my new Lexus and Hope you will enjoy your new Lexus too.
  • lex_njlex_nj Member Posts: 16
    It doesn't matter if you buy out of area (I do it often). Any Lexus dealer in North America will service your car. For non-warranty issues, you can even go to a Toyota dealer if it is more convenient (you just won't get the free donuts and ice cream :) )
  • sj350sj350 Member Posts: 2
    What kind if interest rates for purchase are people paying on the RX350?
  • benji23benji23 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted 33,900 from a South Florida Lexus dealer for a 2009 RX350 FWD which had the Premium Package, 5 spoke alloys, rain sensing wipers, trunk mat, wheel locks, and cargo net... any thoughts? Should I jump on this before the Lexus 0.9% financing deal ends Jan. 5?
  • Bill_09Bill_09 Member Posts: 3
    What's the MSRP? like 40,1xx. That's 6200off.
    Try it w/ $7,500off.
    [kenasch] and [tranav]
    I'd highly appreciate if you could send the invoice(or quote) which I can price match at my local dealer to phonons22 AT gmail.com.
  • braukbrauk Member Posts: 2
    Closing on RX 350 with Navaigation , Premium plus and Heated seats with wheel lock and cargo mat @ 6000 below MSRP in north east florida. There are simillar offers available in south Atlanta and possibly in clear water if closed by tomorrow Also saw one in Tampa Bay at 5000 below MSRP. Possibly another one in Sarsota at 6000 below MSRP. Thanks for all the input in this forum.
  • benji23benji23 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Bill 09,

MSRP is 40,5xx... so right now about 6600 off, will try and take your advice on 7500. Thanks.
  • wayneyoung1wayneyoung1 Member Posts: 1
    Just bring the 09 350 AWD home. It has nv, premium plus, 18" wheels, Towing prep, cargo mat, and wheel locks for a msrp 46,181. O.T.D is 38,418 including all DMV work and processing fee. It's 7981 off msrp. 218 is for DMV etc. Is this a good deal? All negociation was done via email and paid cash. I found the postings are really helpful. Oh, by the way, I got it in Portland OR. No sales tax here!!
    bill_09,
    You can call Mike Norris from Lexus of Santa Monica and told him that Anthony Tran recommend him to you. Also contact Frank Mao at Tustin Lexus, he also matches the offer of $7500 Off the MSRP for the Non-Nav car or $8200 off for Nav/Mark Levinston car (MSRP $46,321). You have tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, Sunday to pull through this December deal. In my experience, tomorrow is the BEST day to get any deal since it is the end of the month, quarter and year. Any dealer wants to get their quota done for their books. Tomorrow is much more easier to make the best deal (couple hundred $ more). I have bought my 02 Lexus on June 30th and my wife Beamer on 12/31, that's why I know. Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday Jan 2, 3, 4, and 5th are still December sale for Lexus but beginning of the month, quarter, year, dealers have the whole month, quarter to fulfill their quota. I think you will have harder time to pull through the best deal. Good luck Bill_09,
  • jkenleyjkenley Member Posts: 64
    I've been hearing of the wonderful deals people are getting on the 09 RX 350. Went to our local dealership today and they wanted $600/mo, 48 month lease on a 09 with 2ed prem. plus package. List was $43, selling it to us for around $39.5. Compared to what I've been seeing on this site, this is no deal at all and we are current Lexus owners.

Any advice? This dealership won't budge. I even told the sales guy that some people are getting pmts of $450/mo with more than just the prem. plus package. Thanks!
  • nerfball412nerfball412 Member Posts: 5
    I have been negotiating for the past 7h45m with no less than 14 (!!!) dealerships in TN, KY, AL, and GA. I'm also looking for a prem. plus package, no nav. Most dealerships only have base package or nav - that's why you're getting the high quote. Also could be the color you want.

Call around - don't rely on just your local dealership. Be firm. When the 2010's come out in Mar/Apr, there will be leftover 09 inventory that they'll be giving away, if you can wait. Several dealers encouraged me to wait until then (and these were even dealers that had the car I wanted). Good luck!!!
    Hi, Tranav,
    Thank you so much for the info.
    Joe Ruiz and Frank Mao at Tustin agreed to match the $7500 off non-Navi,
    Try them if you want one w/o navi in the next 5 days.

Gil at Santa Monica offered $7500 off a Navigation RX350 in stock. (Told me the non-navis sold out. Maybe it's true.)

Then I tried my luck with the quote at AL and South-East states. They do $6500 off $42K only.
    I'll wait several days and see. It is buyer's market for sure.

Any idea about buy from Tustin and pick up at other state (non-Tustin's stock)?

Thank u for all your input.
    You're welcome bill_09,
    In message #1739, I did mention that I've bought one with $7700 off since Santa Monica went out of color that I wanted. So I had another $200 off on top of $7500.
    Yes it's true that Santa Monica has no more Non-nav left Since Santa Monica had only one Non-nav left on late Sun 12/28/08 when I left there. But there were a few buyers still negotiating there on Sun night.

In msg #1749, I gave you "Frank Mao words to match $7500 off offered I had". That's why I know he will match that's price to you.

It sounds like you're NOT from SoCal. I think SoCal Lexus dealers now have very few RX350 left (Santa Monica and Newport have less than 10) they will not likely do dealer trade. But you can always try to ask Tustin Lexus to deliver to your home town in your state. Good luck,
  • hellogoodbuyhellogoodbuy Member Posts: 2
    Just bought the AWD 2009 RX with Nav. MSRP $46.6. Out the door paid $39K. Color selection has gotten tighter here. Dealer claims Lexus has moved a ton of RXs in the last 4 weeks and financing deals may end on 1-5, for whatever that might be worth. happy hunting out there>
    Thanks. I will definately shop other dealers. Hendrick Lexus has the attitude that if you can't afford the car, someone else can so they aren't going to bother. Very pretentious. For us, it's a matter of getting relatively the same deals others are getting. Why pay more when you don't have to. I understand deals are regional but being this far off is rediculous.
  • jers5000jers5000 Member Posts: 5
    Just leased a Lexus..2009 RX 350 AWD Premium Plus with navigation, 18 inch wheels, heated seats, automatic wipers..MSRP of around $46,100. Ended up paying $2,747.00 total due at inception (includes everything...cap cost, tax, title registration etc.) and my monthly payment is $402.00/month, which includes the 5% sales tax in Massachusetts. Also got them to throw in all weather mats and a rubber mat for the cargo area. Lease is 36/12K. I think I got a pretty good deal.
  • skylabskylab Member Posts: 37
    I think you got a very good deal! Who was this from, just out of interest?

We paid $1,600 out of pocket and $450 a month on the same car in the same area, so you did about $700 better. I honestly would not have thought the extra money was there. Congrats.
    Thanks, got it from Lexus of Watertown.
    Jers, what a wonderful deal! Now that's the kind of deals I've been hearing about that Hendrick Lexus down in Charlotte, NC won't even come close to. They wanted $600 a month for a lesser car, no nav. I've already put in requests at other dealerships in the state and I'm not afraid to go out of state either. I wonder if your dealer will sell and ship out of state?

Congrats on your deal.
    Thanks, I'm not sure they would ship out of state at a reasonable cost, since I imagine they aren't really making much, if anything on the vehicles at that price, but are rather trying to clear out inventory to make room for the 2010's. I would take my price and start calling around to other dealers asking them to match it. If a dealer is rude or becomes short with you, than get the name of the individual with whom you are speaking, the individual's manager and place a phone call into Lexus's national support line.
  • HOUSTON_KEVINHOUSTON_KEVIN Member Posts: 11
    I just bought another 09RX350 FWD with premium package + 2 years / 25000 Miles services + Exact Mats (Clear mats) + TTL = drive out price $36500.00. Is this good deal? Please give me a respond?I am from houston, texas. Thanks

Kevin

email: vinhta@aol.com
  • char121char121 Member Posts: 5
    What dealership gave you this deal? Sounds like a good one. I am also in Houston and looking for an 09RX350.
  • jacklanjacklan Member Posts: 2
    The deal I got is out the door $37,000 for the same car as you got. This is in Dallas area. Obviously you got the better deal.
  • jamie52jamie52 Member Posts: 6
    I just got a new 2009 RX350 lease with Premium Package, Navigation, Heated Seats, iPod Hookup in Dash and Sirius Hookup for about $450 down (which included all tax, title and license fees) and my monthly, including tax, is $490. It's a 3 year lease with 10k miles annually. The MSRP was around $44k. I got this deal in Southern California.

Is this a good deal???
  • tiga2008tiga2008 Member Posts: 2
    Just want to thank everyone on this board. I was able to get from here a lot of good ideas and numbers to work with that resulted in a good deal. So here's my contribution.

Just helped the in-laws purchase a certified pre-owned 08 Lexus RX350 AWD, no Nav, Premium (leather, moonroof), heated seats, HID (?) headlamp option. 16,000 miles on the vehicle. Comes with 3 yrs/100K warranty. $31,000 out the door (not sure what the sales price was, but subtract 8.25% for local sales tax, and $400 in fees.) This is in the Bay Area, CA. Hope that helps. Cheers.
  • jchen1jchen1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi experts,
    I got a quote from a dealer of 09 RX350 FWD as below:
    Premium pkg + Navigation pkg + 18" Wheel + Heated front seat + post installed dual headrest DVD. Drive off $41250. My local sales tax is 6%.
    Do you think this is a good deal?

Thank you
  • dealmaker2008dealmaker2008 Member Posts: 47
    Might do better if you push for cash deal. Most people I know go for low down and lease payment, myself included. The Nav system has a dvd feature but will only allow playing while vehicle is stationary. Rear dvd headrest system good for back set passengers only.
  • jchen1jchen1 Member Posts: 2
    Yes. The dual headrest DVD is what I want them to install for my two kids. They said it will cost $1900.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    I just checked Edmunds and it listed this marketing support:

$5,000
    start: 01/08/2009 end: 02/02/2009 RX350 2009

I don't know if there was one like this in December.
  • ce5288ce5288 Member Posts: 17
    I just got a quote at almost 9K off MSRP 43,591, purchase $34,649. 2009 RX350 AWD with premium plus no navigation.
    Is this out-the-door, or before TTL? I have a quote of $33,685 pre TTL, $36,861 including TTL (I live in TN and my sales tax is 9.25%). It's a 2009 RX350 FWD with premium plus and auto wipers, no nav or heated seats.
  • scoutandattyscoutandatty Member Posts: 23
    You might want to double-check, but it looks like for the next 2 weeks or so (starting 1/8- 1/22) Lexus is contributing $6K to help move cars. If that's the case, tell the dealer you want the new Lexus cash contribution to apply.

Good luck!
  • xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    $6k incentive for RX350?

i read $5k for 350, but $6k for 400h.
  • palilovepalilove Member Posts: 3
    What does that mean? $6000 below MSRP. I am interested in a 2009 Lexus RX 350 with premium package and no navigation. Best deal so far is $34,000. Any one know of any better this month?
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    I am also looking for Lexus RX 350 with premium package plus navigation. How much should I offer before tax & fees?
    I'm also looking for a 350 AWD, premium plus package, heated seats w/ RS, wood trim, black ext/int, tow prep, cargo mat, locks. Any dealer from northern CA to WA state. Please let me know if you know of a dealer willing to offer sweet deals.
    Where's the dealer located? what city/state?
    What other options are on the car, AWD w/PP MSRP is $41,985.
    You said it's quoted for MSRP 43,591.
    Invoice is $40,094 - $5,000 + whatever you think can be had above invoice ($800?)
    Hey, Scout:
    I assume your $34k is pre-TTL. My current quote for RX350, FWD, Premium Package, no nav, auto wipers (no heated seats), cargo mat, tow prep, 18" liquid graphite 7 spoke wheels, and wheel locks (MSRP $40,836) is $33,236 pre-TTL. With TTL, doc fee, etc. costs $36,379 (tax here is 9.25%). Dealer is in Knoxville, TN. Still plan to shop this around, as I have 14+ dealers within 200 miles of me.
  • Jaynj1Jaynj1 Member Posts: 47
    Thanks.
  • sunkadsunkad Member Posts: 2
    Dear Folks

Bought a 2008 (previously owned) RX350 AWD (20K miles since the vehicle was originally bought in 2007) with the following features (Color Millennium Silver)
    1) Premium plus package
    2) Navigation system with Blue Tooth
    3) Rear Camera
    4) Towing prep package
    5) Moon Roof

The prices was $29750 plus TTL. I bought it at Stevinson Lexus in Colorado. I think it is a good deal but wanted to see what others are getting

Thanks

sunkad
    Bridgewater in New Jersey.
    The quote is pre-tax.
    I believe no matter which dealer you visit, you could offer at least 9K off for the 2009 RX350 AWD with premium plus non-Nav package. I receive two dealers quote at the similar price.

You might ask for more than 10K for Nav package. I am assuming 12K-14K off for the 400h. Most Lexus have plenty of RX in stock. Lexus is not making any 2009 RX350.

This is the best time to purchase the RX350. If you intend to keep your vehicle for couple of years, remember to add 2009 RX350 on your list.

Good luck!
  • terry79terry79 Member Posts: 27
    "I believe no matter which dealer you visit..."

Hope you are correct. The $5000 highlander rebate was regional and the best deals were in the southeast area. Here in Louisiana the rebate was $2000. (on the 08's)
    If we can get $9000 off msrp on 09 rx350 we may switch from a highlander search
    to a lexus search. Dealer here has 48 rx350's in stock and last week was willing
    to sell at invoice.
  • char121char121 Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased an 09 RX350 (premium plus, nav, bluetooth, backup camera, wheel locks, exact mats) with MSRP of 44,800 for 35,800 + TTL in Houston.