Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jkenleyjkenley Member Posts: 64
    Please, please tell me where you are getting the 9K off MSRP. Here in Charlotte, NC and in the NC area, it's nothing close. Maybe only 6k off and the dealer is laughing at me when I tell them what others are getting. I'm willing to have the car shipped to me if that means saving a few thousand dollars. Thanks!
  • flrmnd_userflrmnd_user Member Posts: 1
    I am in Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Which dealer would be offering the best deal on RX 350 with Nav. What price should I be expecting + TTL
  • ce5288ce5288 Member Posts: 17
    The Lexus manufacturer rebate is $5000, that means your local dealer is trying to earn as much money as they could. You can check Lexus website, request price quote from at least 4 to 5 dealers. Remember, use internet to communicate with dealers. You will see the difference.

Check edmunds.com build one trim that you like. There is a TMV pricing report. Bring that report to the dealer. My example tells me 8K below MSRP.
    Ask several dealers to quote there price through internet. You could let them know you also deal with other dealers. You might be surprised by their response. This promotion won't end until 2/2/2009. Lexus dealer are trying to push their car out the door. New 2010 RX350 will hit dealer sometime in February, 2009. They need space to bring in new model.
    The vehicle has premium plus with additional options in our area,
    Additional Options:
    -HH Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers and headlamp washers)
    -FV Seven-spoke, 18-in aluminum alloy wheels with Liquid Graphite finish (235/55VR18 tires and full-size spare)
    -TO Towing Prep Package
    Plus Delivery, Processing & Handling Fee - $825 in our area
    -WL Wheel lock
    -GN Cargo net.
    Hi terry79,

Lexus only offer 2.5K rebate last week. This is a brand new ball game now, cause Lexus offer 5K cash to dealer started 1/8/09 on RX350 AWD.
    Check ednumds.com on the new car Incentives & Rebates.
  • terry79terry79 Member Posts: 27
    Will began to test the waters tomorrow. Gonna shoot for a PP with heated seats
    and auto wipers, msrp $41200. Will drive it away for $32200 plus TTL.
  • texdextexdex Member Posts: 4
    Could you please tell me the name of the dealer in Houston ?
  • blclawblclaw Member Posts: 7
    Looking for RX 350 in south florida. Offered $1K below invoice less $5K marketing support money (so $6K below invoice) plus TTL. No positive response yet. Any suggestions on where I could get this deal.

Thanks
    Good luck, if you find a dealer that will do that please post. I just got off the phone with Lexus of Greenville in SC and the sales person was a condescending jerk. I've done my research and know what other dealers are selling the rx's out there for and they speak to me like I'm an idiot, especially the very southern men. I am a woman and maybe that is what makes these southern men feel like they can talk down to me and no, I don't think all southern men are in this catagory. Funny how I spoke to a sales person from Miami and they were not like this at all, very helpful and want to sell me a car.

I apologize for venting, my experience so far with the Lexus dealerships in the Carolinas has not been good. Any suggestioons of good dealerships in and around the Carolinas would be helpful.
    Since this rebate just started it may take awhile for the better deals to find there
    way here. Would be suspect of any posters with great deals but not telling which
    dealership. I sent offer this morning for $9000 below msrp on 41250 car but no response yet and don't expect one since the economy here(baton rouge) is still
    good. Good luck.
    no problem with the venting. we are all going throught the same thing. They are car salesman - enough said!

Who did you deal with in Miami?
    thanks - economy here is suffering but does not seem to matter at lexus dealers. Good luck to you.
  • kensterkenster Member Posts: 7
    I am also looking for a 2009 RX350 AWD with Premium Plus package with Navigation. Does anyone here has a good deal from Boston Mass?
    I dealt with JM Lexus. I contacted Fleetrate.com and they gave me this wonderful deal on the phone, almost too good to be true. Fleetrate said the car would come from Miami since I live in NC so I figured it was a large Lexus dealership. Low and behold, JM is the largest Lexus dealership, supposedly, in the country.

I called and spoke to the internet sales person and they did tell me that they do business with Fleetrate and that it is a legitimate busines but they in turn quoted me a better price on the same vehicle. They would rather sell me the car direct vs throught fleetrate.

I thought I'd be able to get a decent deal closer to home but as you have read, have not been able to. I am not quite ready to purchase yet as I have a couple more payments left on my lease but I am close and am doing research. It looks like I will be going back to JM Lexus as they are so easy to deal with and are willing to give a good deal.
    I am dealing with JM. They are closest to my house. It is a very large operation. Why don't you get quote from them and see if local dealer will match? That works sometimes.

How much below invoice are they quoting you at JM? They are now about $3K below. I told them I wanted them to pass whole $5K in marketing support on to me and sell at $5K below invoice. Sales manager claimed they would make no money, which is a flat out lie, of course. But that is what car dealers do, right?

If you can wait, 2010's are supposed to be completely different and coming out soon. I read Feb but I can't believe that. But I would believe spring.
  • kimuratkimurat Member Posts: 6
    Hi everyone,

I'm from NYC and just got a quote from the dealer about the 09 AWD with navi with premium plus pkg for 37.5k and all the same plus rear entertainment for 38.4k. i have been talk to the guy for like 3 months already and he said the 5k incentive he can only do 4k with their cost and stuff... no idea why. but this is what i got. good deal?

Thank you.
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    I am in Houston also and I would like to know the name of the dealership that gave $9,000 of MSRP. I had no luck at North Houston Lexus, but that was last month. I am still in the market.
    3K below invoice sounds like a good deal. I think the 9K below is going to be hard to come by. Those that live in a more metropolitan area, I think, has a better chance at negotiating a better and lower deal. We only have 1 dealership in Charlotte where as there are many in the NY/NJ area and even in the Miami area. You see all the time where California gets great deals.
  • BearlexBearlex Member Posts: 1
    Where is the dealer in Louisiana,
    Thanks
  • kimuratkimurat Member Posts: 6
    one thing i forgot to say is that the dealer told me that if i'm getting the 4k well really 5k incentive then i won't be able to get the low financing.... like .9% or 2.9 or even 4.9% and looking at around mid 5-6% finance. is this true? please help.
  • jleedmdjleedmd Member Posts: 2
    Just bought the RX350 Premium Navigation, MSRP 46,000 for 35,800. HC are lying low lifes don't deal with them. Good luck all.
  • jleedmdjleedmd Member Posts: 2
    Just signed the paper work on a RX 350 Bamboo colored with Navi, premium package with MSRP over 46k. Purchased for 35,800. Communicated all through email. One dealership blatantly lied, HC, you know who you are. They said one thing then said another when I went there but all others kept to their word when I went there. Good luck all. Looks like I got a unbelievable deal because I don't see any posts with lower purchase price.
    Hi terry79,

In your case MSRP$41,250, TMV price $33,945. You are expecting $7.3K below MSRP. I would say you might get 8K to 8.2K below MSRP if you shop "ONLINE".
    There are couple of Lexus dealers near NY area. You can ask these dealers to quote you through internet.

Good luck!
    Baton Rouge. Price Leblanc Lexus. Haven't heard back since my offer.
    My logic for the Lexus discount is the highlander discount of 8000 to 9000
    on the 08 limited models from some NC dealers when the 5000 rebate was
    available. If they can sell the highlander at those prices and make money then
    they can sell the Lexus at 9000 below msrp and make mony. It's still early and time will tell depending on how fast the 09 RX's are leaving the lot. And time is on my side.
  • char121char121 Member Posts: 5
    Sterling McCall Lexus
  • JozzJozz Member Posts: 9
    Also looking for a better SUV on the comfort and safety side. Washingtonpost and Motortrend got me to check out Hyundai Veracruz.

If you're keen on value, Veracruz is a great deal, at least before RX370 comes out. The big question is, how much is the Lexus emblem worth to you...

Anyway with Genesis' arrival, Hyundai to Lexus '09 might be Lexus to BMW '89.
    Thanks for the info char121. Would contact them ASAP. Did you go through the internet sales dept.?
  • santaclarasantaclara Member Posts: 3
    Impressive! You must be a very good negotiator! Where are you?
    No, I used a regular salesman. I had some unusual circumstances with timing that helped with that deal. I wasn't there until the $5000 in Lexus incentives were announced.
  • drjcool1drjcool1 Member Posts: 45
    Can anyone recommend a dealer and salesman on LI,NY to get a 2009 RX with Premium plus and Nav or Pebble Beach Edition, to get a REALLY GOOD DEAL?
    What would be the best deal for 36 month lease @15 or 18K miles?
    Can anyone help???? Thanks!!!
    Received a quote for $36,000 +TTL for FWD RX350+ PP+ Nav+ Heated front seats+ tow prep+ cargo net+ wheel lock+ Liquied graphite 18" wheels with MSRP of $44,800. Close to 9K less than MSRP. Is it a good quote?
    Not too shabby if it's the color you want. But i'll wager he has some wiggle room in that price. Is that from Sterling?
    No. This is in Austin.
    I would make a counteroffer, say 35000, and see what happens. This could be like the 08 highlanders. They went pretty quick with the big discounts. Could be that
    waiting will limit the color choices.
  • lonestar4lonestar4 Member Posts: 11
    Is the 0.9% financing still available? Thanks,
  • rx8errx8er Member Posts: 3
    purchase '09 rx350 awd+ppp 33k+ttl msrp 43591
    No. That was available until Jan. 5 with a program that included $2500 in dealer incentives. The new program has $5000 in dealer incentives but no low financing rate.
  • palilovepalilove Member Posts: 3
    Best price so far in Florida... RX350 09 FWD premium package. MSRP $40,600 best quote so far $31,900. Anyone seen anything better?
  • nerfball412nerfball412 Member Posts: 5
    Premium package, auto wipers, HID lamps, rear DVD system, 18" wheels (don't think they're the liquid graphite ones). Pretty sure MSRP = $42,945. Purchase price = $34,000, w/ TTL <$37k. Am absolutely thrilled, since I worked w/ 14 dealers on 12/31 to find a deal (had some great offers but not the color/package combo I wanted - and I did NOT want nav) and ended up walking away when it wasn't working out. Exactly two weeks later I've saved literally $4.5k+ and have the car I want from the dealer in my own backyard. Thanks to everyone posting on this board, and good luck to those still looking!
  • c2008c2008 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, Can you give the details of your options as awd+ppp does not get up to 43591. Thanks.
  • shrew_bostonshrew_boston Member Posts: 5
    Just signed the deal for a new 2009 RX350 this afternoon. Premium plus package, 18'' wheel, no nav. The MSRP is 43591. The price I got is 32388. After TTL, the final price is 34388. Feel it is too attractive to resist. Tried to negotiate price but dealer won't lower price at all. The whole process was very smooth and pleasant.

Hope this could help.
  • carman_09carman_09 Member Posts: 2
    Shrew, which dealership? Thx
  • xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    that's a nice price! do you know if they have black/black? there's none on west coast where i am(specifically black/black with PT, HH, FV, TO, C1, WL)... :(
  • sunshine30sunshine30 Member Posts: 7
    We checked numerous dealerships in Florida and the best we did a few wks ago was out the door @ $35,500. The MSRP was the same as the one you spoke of. Which part of FL did you get the quote from? Sounds like you got a good deal considering nobody wanted to give us more than $4000 off the sticker price and told us to look elsewhere if we thought we could get a better deal...
  • shrew_bostonshrew_boston Member Posts: 5
    They have black (exterior) when I was there yesterday, and I assume it is still there. Since I am not interested in the black, I did not pay attention to the interior color.
  • rx8errx8er Member Posts: 3
    It the same one shrew_boston brought in Danver but his is $600 cheaper now :(
    PPP, 18" wheels, tow prep, mat,
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    Is it possible to purchase a new RX350 from an out-of-state dealer who offers you a lower price and have it shipped to you? Do you end up paying taxes twice once during the sale and the next time you register in your state?

Has anyone tried this? If so, how was your experience and what was the shipping charge?
  • cairo5cairo5 Member Posts: 2
    Things have changed due to new dealr incentives in last week.