Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cairo5cairo5 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone know a dealer offering similar deals in either city
  • palilovepalilove Member Posts: 3
    I ended up finding a dealer willing to go with $31,900 MSRP $40,500.. One in Ft.Myers. Trying to see if anyone can match it.
  • xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    does it also come w/ heated seats w/ rain sensor and 18inch wheels?
  • rx8errx8er Member Posts: 3
    yes, It does come with heat seats and rain sensor and 18" wheels.
  • paguy2paguy2 Member Posts: 26
    Looking for 09 RX350 (with or without Nav.). Who is offering good deals on these in Philly area. Thanks
  • Phillies08Phillies08 Member Posts: 14
    paguy2, I am in the Phila area too and I just began negotiating with the Internet sales dept of the local dealership. Maybe if we should start negotiating for two cars????
  • mailmemailme Member Posts: 1
    Me tooo. I am also in Phila area. I want a Rx 350 with Nav.
  • carshpr1carshpr1 Member Posts: 11
    I'm looking in the Philly area too. Montgomery County but actually talking to Lehigh Valley right now. Anyone interested in trying the group buy thing? I'm looking for AWD w/ Premium Plus, Nav, Heated seats & rain sensing wipers. I am trying to get the $9-$10k off that everyone is talking about on these boards. However, I am willing to look in other states and either travel to get it or pay to have it shipped. I haven't found the Philly area dealers too willing to work on price. I got offered a demo model for more than invoice the other day. Not what I had in mind!

Let me know if you want to attempt the group buy. Our lease is up in Feb so we'll either buy this one out or get a great deal on an 09.

Jay
    I'll probably go for one without Navi. Has anyone gotten any pricing in the Philly area yet? I'd love to get the price shrew_boston received.
    Ok Philly folks. I am going to talk to a few dealers over the next few days. I don't mind being the point person to try and negotiate something but we need to get some semblance of order. I will put a short term email address in this post and I'll look for emails from anyone interested. I'd like to know the following information: your name, email address, what part of Philly you are located in, when you are looking to buy (i.e. by end of January, end of Feb, any time), the exact model you are looking to buy. Most of the 2009 RX350's around here are equipped with Nav, Premium Plus, Heated Seats w/rain sensing wipers. If you want to put colors please list int/ext. My guess is that the sooner we can pull this together the better. My goal is to get the best deal and I can do something by Jan month's end or Feb.
    I hope this is ok for everyone and I may even end up looking at some companies from out of state and we'll see if we can get a discount on shipping if necessary so let me know if you are ok with that.
    I will look for some emails over the next day or two and will start my calls no later than Monday so please get to me as soon as possible. You can send the info to advantagejk at aol - com (just disguising the actual email address from spammers).
    IMPORTANT!!!!! Please put "RX 350 Philly Purchase" in the subject line so I can make sure no one gets spammed. And please, only extremely interested parties!

I am a fairly good car negotiator and see value in trying to do something in numbers here but please be upfront and honest and let me know if you are just seeing what is out there or if you are serious. If we negoitate something and then half the people pull out it would negate the deal for everyone else. Oh, and I'm sure I don't need to say this but I actually enjoy the process (sick huh?) so my only goal with doing all of this is to help us all get a great deal. No cost or anything like that. I don't see why, if others on the board are getting invoice minus the $5k cash from Lexus that we shouldn't be able to get close to that with a few vehicles but I guess we'll see - I know that is what I am shooting for at a minimum but we'll see. Philly' market is different than many of the higher volume dealerships listed here.
    Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
    Jay
    I owe my deepest gratitude to everyone on this board for helping me get this deal:

2009 Pebble Beach, black/tan

SE Pebble Beach Edition
    NV Navigation System
    HH Heated Front Seats w/Rain Sensing Wipers
    TO Towing Prep Package
    C1 Trunk Mat
    WL Wheel Locks

MSRP: $47,456
    Invoice: $41,524
    Sale Price: $37,800

Savings from MSRP: $9,656

I probably could've gotten another $300 off, but I'm still happy with this deal. Originally started out looking for black/black premium plus. It turned out there's none on west coast in that color combo.

The key to negotiating is telling the dealer that you are more than willing to go out of state to get your price. Once you provide that leverage, they'll be more than happy to deal. Use overstock website with out of state zipcodes to obtain quotes. With 2010's coming out in a month, time is on your side. Good luck everyone! :shades: :):D:)
  • c2008c2008 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, Anyone bought a RX350 recently in Twin Cities (MN). I got a quote of 37900 for AWD + premum package, which I consider ridiculously high with current incentive. If anyone has bought one in the Twin Cities area, please share your experience. Since there is technically one dealer in TwinCities, I am considering to try out IA, WI or even Chicago. Anyone have any experience in these states. Thanks.
    btw, it was for 2009 AWD
  • altogardeneraltogardener Member Posts: 2
    Wanted to thank everyone on these boards who helped me negotiate a great price on my new 09 AWD with nav, 18”, etc. I worked with dealerships in 4 states and got the best overall deal from Lexus of Omaha – MSRP $46+, got $38,200 delivered to my door in Missouri plus the ipod interface. On top of that they offered me a much better price on my trade than I’d been getting locally. (and most of the other out of town dealers would not even consider the trade) Not the best deal I’ve seen on these boards but I’m very pleased to have gotten the colors (bamboo/ivory) and options I wanted, and couldn’t have done it without the advice I picked up here. If you’re shopping in the Midwest absolutely contact Geri in Omaha – she was a pleasure to work with. :)
    Hi, Can you give the contact info of Geri? Also, do you mean that the dealer delivered the car to your address? If so, how much for the delivery? Thank you very much!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• blclawblclaw Member Posts: 7
    Purchased RX350 in south florida last night - Pebble Beach Edition with Navigational and Heated Seats package. MSRP $47756 paid $37517. Beat closest price by $1000. Only problem is check engine light, and 2 other lights came on this morning so I had to bring it in. Needs new part so have loaner for a few days.
  • terry79terry79 Member Posts: 27
    Great deal! Sorry about the lights, probably something minor. Was the deal from JM?
  • altogardeneraltogardener Member Posts: 2
    Yes - the price included delivery to my door, and the delivery person they use worked as a sales consultant for something like 15 yrs prior to retiring/doing delivery for them (knows a lot about the cars)

Since it was quoted as a delivered deal I don't know how delivery to my home worked into the overall $38.2 price. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to pay vs my trade value and their overall offer was fine with me...especially since it was exactly what I was looking for in terms of colors and specs.

Reminder on the boards about not mentioning salespeople so I won't go into that but I suspect the integrity of the salesperson I worked with reflects that of the dealership so check out Lexus of Omaha if it's a viable option location-wise for you. I got none of the song and dance from them that I got from some of the others I talked to.
  • ou90750ou90750 Member Posts: 5
    Check McGrath Lexus in Westmont, IL. I've been working with a sales guy there. They are offering $8800-9200 off MSRP depending on model (with or without NAV). It's the best deal that I've found so far in the Midwest.
  • smarinersmariner Member Posts: 14
    CarsDirect.com is offering reasonably good prices as well on the 2009 RX350s -- check out this link as an example ($30.5K in a SoCal zip code, for a base FWD model).
  • kgolbykgolby Member Posts: 17
    Looking for '09 RX350 FWD w/ Nav/ML Package and Rear Ent. System. Edmund's TMV cost is $39,300. Are people experiencing dealerships reducing another $5K off of the TMV price? Internet dealer said he could install rear DVD system w/ monitors on headrests for $1200.00. Is that a good price?
    no - countyline
    I bought same car on Friday at virtually the same price ($37,517) in south florida. I was happy. Congrats and enjoy!
  • MrChicagoMrChicago Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I was hoping to get some opinions on the timing of a new car purchase. I'm looking at the RX350 AWD, after talking to some dealers in the Chicago area, I've been offered 5K below invoice. This applies to any model/options, they are taking 5K off the invoice price. I need to get a new car before August, so I'm wondering if I should take this deal or if I will see better offers after the new 2010 models come out. Right now, I don't think I'll be able to get any special financing rates on top of the 5K below invoice. However, I'm not sure that there will be any deals in the future that combine a low rate and cash back. The 5K below invoice seems attractive, but are other people getting better deals? Any idea how the inventory levels are at the dealers - if I keep waiting, will they move out all the inventory before August and only have the 2010s around at full price? Also, given the current deals out there, is anyone seeing other cars (such as the Acura MDX) that are a better deal right now?

Thanks in advance for your help
  • jkenleyjkenley Member Posts: 64
    $5k below invoice is a great deal compared to what I am seeing here in the SE. The downside is the money factor if you plan to lease is not the best. I know that Acura is no where near the $5k below invoice that your Lexus dealer is giving you so depending on where you want or need to be on your lexus payment, I'd go with the Lexus rount.

I need to get a car by May but unfortunately cannot find a great deal like you. Can you tell me the name of your dealership in Chicago? I may call up to see if they will ship. Thanks.
  • tranavtranav Member Posts: 32
    Hi MrChicago,
    I think this is the best time for you to buy since I never seen Lexus offers 5K to dealers. I bought mine 09 RX350 FWD without Nav in SoCal (LA and OC counties) back in late Dec 08 with only $2.5 cash back to dealers and I got about $3K under the invoice but I had 0.9 % financing. and I thought I had a very good deal since there are 14 Lexus Dealers in SoCal area and the inventory running low when I bought on 12/28/08 (about more than 20 Rx350 left in my dealer). In Mar, with 2010 RX350, Lexus will sell it close to sticker price, since Toyota Venza right now they are selling at full price here in SoCal. Any way this is just my opinion. Good luck
  • jkny516jkny516 Member Posts: 7
    5K below Invoice?? Do you think they will ship to New York? I've been trying to get quotes on this car from various NY dealers but I am not getting anywhere near the same prices I'm seeing online. If I could get it even 3K below invoice I would buy asap. The supply in the North East is just more limited from what I understand. Which totally sucks.

I was wondering if anyone had experiences of buying a car in New Jersey when living in New York. Pros and Cons? I've heard some service horror stories when bringing a car in for service at a dealer you did not buy the car from. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :confuse:
  • coolmom09coolmom09 Member Posts: 12
    sorry maybe a dumb question: when you say "$5K below Invoice", does it include destination charge and tax and fees?
    Thank you very much for your information.
  • mpw215mpw215 Member Posts: 4
    hi all, so i started my search last week for a awd, premium plus w/ navi 2009 rx. the best offer i got was in nj - 39,500 out the door (including ttl). what do you think about this offer?

i also heard there's a g/c for 750 on ebay that was given to people for test drives
    what's the total before TTL?

also, what's "g/c"?
  • mpw215mpw215 Member Posts: 4
    ttl - tax tags license

g/c - gift certificate (ebay - lexus gift certificate - don'tknow if it'll work though)

btw the msrp price of my potential deal is 46,241
  • yunyayunya Member Posts: 6
    What's the price before TTL?

You should ask the dealer about the certificate to see if they will accept it.
  • MrChicagoMrChicago Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all who responded to my question and apologies for the slow response. I am probably going to make a trip to the dealership this weekend to see if I can nail down that 5K below invoice price. I've been doing some more research and interestingly, I've gotten varying invoice prices from several websites. With the same set of option, Edmunds has an invoice price of around 37,200, while other websites show $38,100. It's a noticeable difference and both invoice prices include an $825 destination charge. I think the higher $38,100 invoice price might include some fees that are specific to the Chicago area (like advertising fees), but if anyone could help speculate as to why there's a $900 difference, that would be helpful. Honestly, I'm still a little skeptical about this deal because it does seem to be the best price I've seen so far - once I get closer to finalizing things and actually getting those keys in my hand, I'd be happy to report back and email you guys dealership info/salesperson info, etc.

Thanks
    Doing some research and was able to figure out the following:
    Most car companies include their holdback in their invoice price of the car. For some reason (money!) all of the Lexus dealers I spoke with add the 2% holdback to the invoice price. They don't/can't give that money up.

Also, there are specifically equipped vehicles in certain regions so I found add-ins for wheel locks. cargo mat, etc. More $$ for them but standard for the area. I probably wouldn't order that way but I'm fine with those things in there. So I would first make sure you know the exact MSRP and make sure it matches the Edmund's MSRP. Then I would get the exact invoice with those options on Edmunds and try adding in 2% for the holdback and see if you get close to their number.

I don't like it but that appears to be the way it is. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hope that helps!

Jay
  • dcjhdcjh Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to thank you all for the help. I bought my FWD RX 350 last night with FV, wheel locks, Premium pckge and Cargo mat. MRSP is 40,551. Invoice is 36,885. I negotiated 31,500. The internet sales person was nice, made it a easy process.
    For those insterested, email me privately and I'll give you the dealer and the name of the person who helped me (Fleet).
    Thanks.
  • bbslinbbslin Member Posts: 4
    Could I get the information of the dealer and the name of the person who helped you?

Thanks,
    Aaron
  • dcjhdcjh Member Posts: 2
    Aaron,
    email me at dcjh100@hotmail.com and I'll pass the info.
    Anyone have inside info as to what incentive they'll offer in February? I'm debating whether to just get one now or wait til next month to get it.
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    >> Just wanted to thank you all for the help. I bought my FWD RX 350 last night with FV >>

What is FV?
    Hi everyone: I got a quote of $33,000 plus tax and fees for a Lexus RX350 AWD with Premuin package. What do you think?
  • nagol72501nagol72501 Member Posts: 1
    shrew boston what dealership did you use
  • yunyayunya Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for all of the information on this board. Here's the deal I got for a 2009 RX350 FWD with Nav, Premium Package, and Wheel Locks/Cargo Mat.

MSRP: $44,026

Price: $33,900 (before TTL)

Dealer was very easy to deal with.

Good luck to everyone still shopping around.
  • segma98segma98 Member Posts: 7
    Hi, i need an advice plz. i live in NY. I got offered RX AWD with Nav. The MSRP according to the dealer is 46500. He is willing to give it to me for 37500 before any fees(Black on black which is what i want). I couldnt get it lower than this. Do you think this is a good deal? or should i ask him to throw in a couple extra things?
    Thanks
  • jkny516jkny516 Member Posts: 7
    I too am looking for a 2009 RX AWD in NY. The dealers here are tough! I don't understand why they seem to quote higher and higher. They currently have a 5k manufacturer to dealer cash back deal. And the 2010's are due in March and at that point the 2009 are going to crash in price. Plus no one is buying! I am being bombarded everyday with phone calls and emails from dealers of cars that I was looking at before I settled on the RX350.

I want an RX without Nav and the cheapest I got quoted was 33400 (also had no HID) which is almost what the guy paid for in SF for the RX350 with NAV! I know it may be considered quite silly but I've decided to hire a car concierge service. I'm so tired of dealing with car salespeople. I will let you know what price he is able to get for me. I should know by Tuesday.
    yunya: that is a great price I think, may i know where did you get the deal?
    jkny516: I want a rx350 without Nav too, the cheapest i got so far is 33,000 + tax and fees. I have a feeling that dealers have more rx350 with Nav in stock and that's why they are better value now. I am thinking: if the rx350 with nva is not that much more expensive, naybe i will just get one with it...
    I purchased for $33,890 +TTL, not the cheapest in the country but the wife is happy. This was for the 2009 AWD RX premium plus no navi. MSRP is $43,591.

This was one of the best prices in the Phila area and closest to my house, most dealerships could not beat it. A few said they could match it or beat it, but they would not talk price unless I came in. I went to one of those dealerships an hour away and they didn't come close and they told me I should go buy the car from my original dealership.

I wanted her to wait, but she didn't want to take the chance with the color selection.
    That's a FWD. You won't find any FWD in the northeast part of the country.