Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• philonthehillphilonthehill Member Posts: 3
    Hello all I am in the orocess of ordering a new rx 350, But no one can tell me what you get for 205.00 when you get the port installed option of Towing Hitch Bracket (TB). Ive asked the salesman, and looked at the brochure and He said I guess its the hitch minus the slide in reciever, but I am leary as they also list the towinng hitch minus the ball mount for 415.00
    Can anyone who has bought one tell me what in the world you do get when you get this option???
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I don't think there are any more "port installed options". I believe that all RXs sold in North America are assembled in Ontario, Canada.

Pete :)
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    I have read in another Lexus forum that some RXs sold in N.A. (including 330, 350 and 400h) are still made in Japan. Many are insist to buy one that made in Japan.
  • lvn098lvn098 Member Posts: 26
    I believe AWD are made in Japan, they have Michelin Tires.
    All FWD are made in Canada and they have Good Year Tire.
    You can tell by looking at the VIN or label on the door.
    I just would like to know if anyone has a car with this option and what it is, Thanks Phil
    Tow Hitch Bracket (TB)
  • ajesajes Member Posts: 8
    Here are the quotes I received in SoCal for the RX350 this past week.

This is for 2007 RX350 with Premium/18"/NAV which they have "in stock".

Lexus MV $38100 (includes destination) + TTL
    Newport Lexus $42,800 OTD (not sure how to get price before taxes, fees, etc.) They didn't give me a price other then OTD.
    I don't see that as an available option in either Cars Direct®, Kelley Blue Book or the Lexus RX brochure; these appear to be the choices:
    TO Towing Prep Package, includes HD Alternator, transmission cooling, trailer harness & larger radiator, MSRP $160
    DH Tow-hitch receiver with ball mount, MSRP $415

• zagginzaggin Member Posts: 1
    Do you have the details of the RX quote that you had received from MV Lexus? I'm in the market for a RX350, and they emailed saying that the price was 39,448.
    Thanks!
    Hello,
    Its listed on the lexus site under options and also the brochure and the dealers order pad, but no one really knows what it is. Thanks Phil I just need someone to look at thier car and invoice and see if they know what it is thanks!!!
  • skirobskirob Member Posts: 8
    We are seriously considering buying an RX350 (PP, Nav, 18) and have a question regarding the steering wheel. The dealer we are dealing with only has vehicles equipped with wooden steering wheels and stated that is the only way the RX350 is equipped. However, the photos on the Lexus website show a leather steering wheel and no option for one that is wood. Is wood the only steering available?

Also, has anyone purchased an RX350 AWD in the Denver market recently and willing to share pricing?
  • my3rdrxmy3rdrx Member Posts: 167
    My understanding is that the PP does NOT come with the wood steering wheel as standard equipment. However, you could order it as an option.
  • willypeterwillypeter Member Posts: 1
    we will buy an 07 350 AWD tomorrow. It has leather, Nav, awd, about everything they could throw on it. Will post list in detail if anyone wants it. Dealer quoted $45683 and knocked $1800 off. We went in looking for an 06 end of year deal, but 07 was too good to pass on.
  • ajesajes Member Posts: 8
    To help others out there.
    I was considering an Acura RDX or Lexus RX350. Wife wanted the Lexus since it was for her. Acura dealers also not negotiating much, plus I really was worried about long term reliability since it was a new car, new engine and new manufacturing production line.

So got an 2007 FWD Black/Black RX350 with premium/Navi/18" wheels/Heated seats (MSRP of $44,123) for $38,000 + TTL today. Total out the door came out to be at $41,308 from South Bay Lexus. Internet department was very good and highly recommended.

I am amazed at how easy it was to do everything. Hope all Lexus experiences will be as good as this.
  • kimberlydkimberlyd Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know the difference between the RX 350 and the RX 330 besides the year? My Dad wants to buy a Lexus in the near future and he wanted to know the difference...and since he can't work a computer I have to look it up. Also, could someone that owns an RX (either one) give me a quick summary of one so that I know my Dad's making the right decision or not? I've read lots of consumer reviews...and they seemed to be all mixed...some would be saying the RX has lots of electrical issues and others would say its the best. PlEase Help!! Thanks. :)
  • choonychoony Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a 350 and my best friend has a 330, there is very little, if any, difference in the exterior body style and the interior is hardly changed..a few tweaks, the 350 is nicer..but the main thing is the engine size, and the power..from a 3.3L to 3.5L..thus the number change..I would highly recommend the 350..it's smoother than the 330 and just a great car..it's a Lexus. Good luck! :)
    I think it's very unlikely that you will find any new 2006 RX 330s in dealer stock, if that is what you had in mind. I believe the new 2007 RX 350 was introduced around March, 2006.

• lizacolbylizacolby Member Posts: 14
    We just purchased a used 2005 RX330 (with 12k miles) and did a ton of research before buying. We love our 330 (our first Lexus). The only things we understand are better in the 350 include: the 350's Navigation system has a more sophisticated voice command system (i.e., you can say "where is Starbucks?" and it will understand your command); and it appears the 350 might do slightly better with mileage (more efficient engine.) If you have a chance to buy from a Penske-owned dealership, do. We did and never had such a great experience. They have dealerships throughout the U.S.
  • lvn098lvn098 Member Posts: 26
    Another nice feature is MP3/WMA Player on RX350, I was hoping for Ipod connection as standard, but this option is not yet available.
  • 831cruzer831cruzer Member Posts: 7
    Just a note on the Penske-owned dealership. I went to one in Northern CA for my 5K service on my RX350 AWD. I made an appointment and they were backed up even though I was going to wait for the car. They issued me a loaner car but it took two full days before I got my car back. I have a minor issue with my mirror and they are quoting it could also take two days to replace it. I don't know if they are short staffed in the shop area or schedule poorly but I don't think this is tolerable. I'm going to try another dealership. Anyone else have experience with good dealer service in bay area? Is this the expectation?
  • lizacolbylizacolby Member Posts: 14
    I don't know anything about Penske's service except that you can look at it on-line here: http://www.lexusstevenscreek.com/en_US/ (click on the service link and then the virtual tour.) If the worst thing they do is what you described, that's miles better than what I've experienced elsewhere (where they don't offer loaners and are slow.)

The buying experience, however, is what I was talking about. As far as the buying experience goes, I've never seen any place better than this. From the customer waiting areas to the sales staff, it is all first rate. I've been to MB, BMW & other Lexus dealers and none can compare to this dealership.
  • raj11raj11 Member Posts: 7
    I just leased a 2007 RX 350 with Premium Pkg and 18" Alloy and Heated Seats from Lexus of Westminster. Great exeperience. I have leased many cars in my life and this was as easy as any. I would highly recommend them.
    MSRP 41,473
    Cap Cost - 35,987
    48 months
    18,000 miles per year.

I added on Chrome rims for $1151. this was included in lease and residualized.
    monthly pmt - 497.26 plus CA tax = 535.80/mo

I dont think there is a much better deal out there.
    Once again, the guys at Westminster were great. no BS.
  • raj11raj11 Member Posts: 7
    forgot to add that my drive off was $849.
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    My experience in purchasing my first Lexus
    (RX350) was very positive also. I've purchased
    different cars over the past twenty years and the treatment at Lexus has been A-plus. I was
    very impressed how they run the ship at Lexus
    of Tampa Bay. I've never had the first class
    treatment like I've had with Lexus at any other
    dealership, i.e, Nissan, Mazda, etc.

Again, it's definitely been a welcome change,
    even with the service department. I had to
    bring the car in to fix a glitch with the
    satellite radio and I was given a loaner car
    and treated very well. So far I'm loving my
    RX350 and can't wait to take it on vacation
    at the end of October!

P.S. Still working on changing my Edmunds
    screen name! :shades:
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Hi, raj11. At this point, the chrome wheels
    are the only thing that I wished I had gotten
    on my RX350. It adds that little special
    somethin'-somethin'! Did you offer that price
    on the chrome wheels or was that the actual
    price, because here in the Tampa Bay area, they
    list the price of the chrome wheels at 2400 and
    some change. I'm still thinking about getting
    them, so if you could let me know, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
  • george53george53 Member Posts: 2
    Are there any incentives on the RX 350? Including financing incentives.
    The Lexus Golden Opportunity Sales Event was ended on 9/4/06. Lexus lowered the price by up to $900+ for all Lexus vehicles including the 2007 RX350. My dealer's showroom was a bit crowded when I picked up my RX350 over the weekend. I guess we will see the "Decemeber to Remember" sales event in few months.
  • 123enter123enter Member Posts: 8
    Greetings All!
    Quick question. I'm buying a 2007 RX 350 with the following options:
    Premium Package - Luxury Value Edition includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column with memory
    - Illuminated entry system
    - Power tilt-and-slide moonroof with one-touch open/close and sliding sunshade

Additional Options:
    - Two-level heated front seats (includes rain-sensing variable intermittent wipers and headlamp washers)
    - 18-in alloy wheels (235/55VR18 and full-size spare)
    - Towing prep package
    - Cargo mat
    - Wheel locks
    - Tinted windows

I've been quoted $37,500 in the DFW area. Has anyone bought this same vehicle in DFW any cheaper? Thanks for your help.
  • kirakatkirakat Member Posts: 7
    I think others have gotten it for as low as $36,700. See messages 82-84 and 105.

Are you talking to someone at Park Place Grapevine, Park Place Plano or Sewell?
    Thanks kirakat for the reply! That's the lowest I've seen. I received the price from Park Place Grapevine and Sewell will match it. I think they will go lower - guess I'll have to wait until 09/30. Maybe by then the sales person will be hungry and his kids will want to go to college. What has your experience been? Thanks again...
    I've just been watching the boards and haven't gone to the dealer yet, although will probably do so this month. I want the car more than need it, so I haven't been forced to find the time to get to a dealership yet.
    kirakat,
    Are you located in the DFW area? The salesperson told me that $37,500 was the lowest they could go and I told him that I would discuss it with my wife. He just left me a voicemail and wanted to discuss it, so I'm guessing that he's prepared to lower his offer. I told him that I wanted OTD for $39,000 and he balked and said no way. So somewhere between $37,500 and $36,445 is the bottom line. I want the lower end and he wants the higher end. Just trying to get some feedback from other educated consumers. We have time on our side as well. Your thoughts...........
    I'm in Dallas and have been watching Sewell and Park Place, as well as this forum. I think the lowest mentioned on the forum was $36,800 +TTL. I had hoped I might be able to pick up a 2006 demo or loaner at the end of the year, but couldn't get anyone to email me a price.

Sewell does have 2007 demo with only 250 miles on its site for $36,888:

http://www.sewell.com/index.cfm?action=InventorySearch&subaction=SearchDetail&Ve- hicle=270120A&vehicleid=27118&ListBack=1&VehicleOwnerFranchiseID=829

I've found Sewell's descriptions aren't always complete so it's not easy to tell what the options are without contacting the dealership.

Are you dealing with Sewell or Park Place? Sewell's prices have seemed higher, but they also have seemed willing to match. It also seems that most of the RX350s in this area have at least the Premium Package. If that is true of the one at Sewell, then listing a 2007 RX350 with only 250 miles for $36,888 seems like there's still wiggle room left below $37,500.

Let me know how your conversations proceed. I think from previous posts it's possible in this area to get out for a total cost of under$40K. Good luck.
    Picked up my 2007 RX350 FWD last night. Premium plus package, cargo mat and wheel locks. MSRP (sticker) is $40,313, paid $37,561; original quote was $37,997 however The Lexus Golden Opportunity Sales Event reduced my cost by another $436. Plus tax + title etc. of course. Note that there are unfortunately only two Lexus stores within a 100 mile radius of the Buffalo-Niagara region so there is little competition. Mine came from Dorschel in Rochester, about 70 miles distant; although the other dealer is very nearby. This was special order as the FWD version is apparently not sold in this market. Took almost four months to the day for delivery. Built at TMMC - Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, Cambridge, Ontario. The improvements over my beloved 99 RX300 are remarkable, my first impression is that this is a truly superb vehicle.

Pete :D
  • phongddophongddo Member Posts: 11
    I just took delivery of a bamboo pearl last Friday 09/08 for 36.7+TTL in Grapevine and already piled 300 miles on it. We actually sealed the deal quite a few weeks ago but the car did not reach the dealership until 8/30. Our final offer was 36.5 and truly felt that we could have gotten the deal for 36.6. But we could live with 36.7. This is the third Lexus we bought with them so that might be a factor. It took us only 3 days to go from the MRSP to the final number.
    Forgot to add some details that might be of help. I'm sure you all are aware of the $500 bonus from Lexus Pursuit. You can also pay up to $5000 (no more) with your Lexus card which will work out to be $250. If you own an older Lexus like we do, that would come in very handy when it comes times to shop for parts. When we were at Grapevine last Friday to pick up our car, the RX lot was about 1/3 as full in comparison to when we were there several weeks ago. Supply vs demand ? Don't want to read much into it, but it might be tougher to negotiate now.
    Thanks. That's helpful since I just got the Lexus card last week.
    We're looking at Sewell. The 2007 demo was gone within a day or so. Personally, I think Sewell's prices are better, BUT I think Park Place Plano has the cleanest cars. The used one at Sewell that first got us looking was a 2005 Thundercloud edition. It was pretty dirty, several scratches, 18,000 miles. We didn't think the previous owners took very good care of it so I was leary of paying $34,800 for that. So for roughly $3,000 more, I'm getting a brand new 350 not 330 in the exact color that my wife wants with all of the options we want. I think it's worth it. What is going to win us over to Sewell is that they give you a loaner car when you drop your car off to have the oil changed. Park Place told us that they don't. On a side note, how long did it take for you to be approved for the VISA? We applied yesterday and don't want to buy the car until we have the card.
    I picked my RX350 (AWD, Navi with Premium Plus) last Saturday. I spoke to the Lexus Visa card customer service. All you have to do is call them with your VIN of your Lexus. There is no form need to fill out. It takes up to 12 weeks (if I remember it right) to credit the bonus point into your account. So, you can't use it toward servive, parts or sales yet. BTW, the points will expire in 6 years. Probably about time for your next Lexus.

Are you guys sure there is no cap for the bonus point earning? The lady told me there is no limit, except that 6 year period.
    I applied online for the credit card and didn't get an answer at that time. There was a message that I could call back the next business day to check on the status, but I forgot about it. The card arrived 5 or 6 days after I applied.

Did you get the salesperson to come down from $37,500? I got a starting quote of just over $38K from the internet manager at Sewell in Ft. Worth.
    The 50,000 bonus points promotion ends 10/15, I believe. I am sure you will get the card within days.
    Cap for bonus point? Well, kind of. There is no cap if you spend it on parts/labor. There is a cap if you plan to use it for your next car purchase. $4000 off your final negotiated price. No more.
    Just talked to the salesperson. He said he would come down to $37,200. I wanted $34,445 which would put me OTD for $39,000 even. He said that was about $200 below his cost. (for what that's worth) I may just do it as I would prefer to make my wife happy - at this point a couple of hundred dollars isn't going to make me or break me and it seems to be a pretty decent deal. I told him I wanted to wait until we were approved for the VISA to earn $500 Lexus credit. Will keep you posted. I'll probably commit to the price this afternoon. Thanks to all users for your valuable input!
    Oops! I meant to say that my target was $36,445 which would give me $39,000 OTD. (note to self - proof read numbers before posting, duh)
    Whether you go w/ Park Place or Sewell, they are both good places and you can't go wrong. I'm surprised that PP told you that they don't give you a loaner for oil change though. They do. You might not get a Lexus loaner, but they do. But, when it comes to changing fluid, I do them myself. That's just me. When we started out, we looked at both a demo '07 (250 miles) and a '06 with less than 1000 miles. We ended up picking a new '07 for the very same reason, more bang for the bucks.
    I should say is there any limit on the bonus points that you can earn. Other credit companies would set a limit like $500 bonus cash or 50,000 bonus miles.
    When I spoke to Lexus rep, she said that there is no limit on bonus points that you can earn. There is a cap that will be applied if you want to use it to purchase a new car. And the points are only good up to 6 years. However, I'm sure there is limit on the bonus points hidden somewhere. I don't think the average user would ever reach it.
    37.2 is not bad, considering the fact that the $900 deduction just went away. Keep in mind that you will get a $500 bonus and a potential $250 more if you use your card towards your payment. I probably bounce that number back to the other dealer to see what happen. We don't usually pay much attention to "below cost". They make money with hidden incentives and hold backs that we consumers don't know.
    I think I'm going to tell him that I'll commit for $37,000 even. I like that number better. I know about holdback, floor plan fees, etc., but I didn't push the issue since the guy has been real straight up with me from the beginning. My sister-in-law and cousin are considering a Lexus and I'll highly recommend my salesperson.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    Pete,

I also live in buffalo area and looking for a RX350 or a used RX330. Do you think the FWD is OK for the winter?

Charles