Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jkny516jkny516 Member Posts: 7
    coolmom:One of the dealers I spoke to told me that, in the North East the RX350's predominantly fall into 2 packages. 1) Premium Package only which makes the MSRP $43591 and 2) Premium Package plus Nav which makes the MSRP $46241. I had a different dealer call the car I wanted the 43591.

When I spoke to the dealers in my area, as soon as I said no to Nav they all said that there was almost none left. Most of the 2009 RX350's left over in the NE seem to have Nav preinstalled in addition to the Premium Package.

I spoke to my car concierge service today and he indicated that if the price was low that I should consider getting a car with Nav but I told him that I didn't want it. Most of the people I know with Lexus Navigations find them to be unreliable and not very good at getting you from point A to point B. I would prefer buying a new Garmin and making sure that I don't get lost.

Have you tried dealers out of state? Before I decided upon using a car concierge service I contemplated contacting Lexus dealers in more financially pressed states. Dealers in certain states such as Florida, Michigan and IL seem to be more flexible when it comes to price. (even on this forum!) Also I'm pretty sure that cost of delivery if they charge cannot be that much. My cousin shipped his car to Asia from NYC, it was only $1500. Which if you are able to get the deal like that person on this forum from SF who closed on a Premium plus Nav car for 33k makes it more than worth it to deliver from out of state. At least it would be if you were in an area like NY where the same car is going for 37K plus!!
    Or coolmom perhaps you and I should both move to SF. I think both dcjh and yunya have gotten really awesome deals for their cars and are both located in SF? If I could get a non nav car for around the same price I would totally have bought already but its been pretty impossible.
  • Phillies08Phillies08 Member Posts: 14
    I can't believe you guys want the FWD over the AWD?

The deals in SF were for FWD. In the Northeast you should only be able to find AWD. If you plan on staying in the NE, your resale value will be hurt when you try to sell or trade a FWD RX in this part of the country.

Also, in Philla area most of the RX avail are without Navi, the $43,591. Couple of the dealerships that had Navi, their Navis were all demos. I've only talked to two dealerships that had brand new Navi. One only had two vehicles in breakwater blue, the other had a few but told me his price was pretty high bc he knows he is the only dealership with a good selection.
  • yunyayunya Member Posts: 6
    Same kind of deals were available for the AWD ($10K off MSRP), but I chose to get the FWD since there isn't much use for AWD around here.

Dealer was Stevens Creek in San Jose.
    From my local dealership when i asked about the ebay gift certificate:

"It appears it can not. Lexus only accepts the certificate that has been pre-printed. They will only reimburse the dealer if the name matches the list from which they comprised. "
  • adamjmankadamjmank Member Posts: 10
    Carsdirect is having a sale to the end of jan on lexus RX my friend could get a quote for a FWD RX for 30,900.00.

Try the LA zipcode 90045. should be the cheapest in California. may be you can price match.

The pebble beach edition RX 350 AWD, Nav, Laser Cruise, Rear ent, Heated front and rear seats, peium leather seats and much more around 39 k.

check it out
    and
    good luck
  • mpw215mpw215 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I just wanted to share my buying experience:

After going back and forth w/ a bunch of dealers in NJ/NY (I live in NJ) I finally purchased the Rx 350 today in Pennsylvania - Wilkes-Barre Motorworld.

2009, AWD, Silver ext, black int. premium plus package, Navigation . . . and XM satellite for . . . $36,100 before TTL.
    MSRP was $46,241 + the XM satellite. I'm definitely satisfied.

They also gave me a great finance rate (beating my credit union at work) and took care of all the out of state registration, licensing, etc.

I was fortunate that the dealer threw in the XM as an incentive to go with them. I was dealing w/ a couple NJ dealerships and received the run around. I called these guys in PA, and it went quite smoothly and stress-free. The salesman was great. Message me if you want his name.

Thanks again to everyone for their help . . . especially yunya!

Good luck all!
  • wantlexuswantlexus Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the tips on this forum.

Got the following as the best from among the 4 dealerships in the Denver area.

New 2009 RX-350 AWD
    Premium Pkg + Heated Seats + Alloy Wheels + mat/tow-prep/wheel-lock
    No Navi

Base + Options + Destination = $42,776 (as on Edmunds)
    Price paid (including Dealer handling) = $33,800 + TTL

Kuni Lexus, Littleton, Colorado

No pressure sales, price verbally quoted by phone was $33,900, it was honored plus an additional $100 discount for closing the sale today.
  • shrew_bostonshrew_boston Member Posts: 5
    Sorry for the late reply. I was off line for the last couple of days, enjoying my new RX350 :) So far I am completely satsified, so are my wife and the kids.

The dealer is Ira Lexus in Danvers MA.
  • santaclarasantaclara Member Posts: 3
    Hello all, I would like to share with you the deal I got in SF bay area today.

AWD, HH+FT+NV+PT+TO+C1+WL

MSRP: $46,131

Price: $35,621 (before TTL)

Thank to the information I collect from the board, the negotiation process was very simple. As some mentioned before, one trick is to mention that you have an out of state offer and you ask them to match.

Good luck!
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 4
    Segma98 -- I was shown a price of $35.2k in Boston the other day (including NAV). And that was just by sending an email. FYI in case it's helpful.
    Shrew_boston - we're looking for one in the Boston area (RX 350 AWD w/NAV or without). Could you tell me what you paid. Thanks very much.
  • mafuyimafuyi Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me which dealer your worked with on your purchase? I'm in the Bay Area as well. Not sure if I will consider AWD but looks like got a great price!
  • mitchs3mitchs3 Member Posts: 68
    Just purchased RX-350 AWD , no nav, the $43,591 sticker model for $33,898 in Maryland without too much trouble. I couldn't justify $2,200 more for Nav. I do want to put a trailer hitch on it,dealer wants $600 for it ( his "regular price" is $800 ) Any thoughts? I possibly could have gotten another $100 or so off, but already under invoice with getting the 5K as well, so already into dealer holdback by $213.
  • vaman1vaman1 Member Posts: 2
    Can you give me the name of the dealer in Maryland?
  • segma98segma98 Member Posts: 7
    can u tell me which dealer plz? planning on buying Tom... thnx
  • mitchs3mitchs3 Member Posts: 68
    Len Stoler in Owings Mills
  • jkenleyjkenley Member Posts: 64
    Flowe Lexus in Raleigh, NC offered me rx 350 prem pkg, will add the heated seats, MSRP $41750 for $32890. Great price but I wanted prem plus pkg. Wilde Lexus in Sarasota had prem plus pkg, heated seats MSRP $42K and change for $33,990 with no negotiations.
  • santaclarasantaclara Member Posts: 3
    Try Lexus of Marin @ san rafael

Good luck!
  • danxpdanxp Member Posts: 47
    has anyone had any luck with getting a deal in the tri-state ny area? wasn't even looking for the rx but i see that there are deals to be had...

any 400Hs in stock out there?

will there be new/better incentives after 2/2?
  • alex_888alex_888 Member Posts: 2
    Hi mpw215, I am in NJ too, re. Wilkes-Barre Motorworld dealer, did you try to get the lowest price for the 2009, AWD, Silver ext, they have, no Navigation model, List $43,591, also what was your salesman name ? Thank you.
    got a quote for $34k +TTL for rx350 awd premium plus... that a good deal in nj?
  • shrew_bostonshrew_boston Member Posts: 5
    Please see my message 1833 on Jan 14.
    Thanks - that's very helpful. Looks like you did very well - great effort.
  • mbbbmbbb Member Posts: 1
    which dealership ?
  • MrChicagoMrChicago Member Posts: 4
    This is a follow up to some previous posts. I ended up buying an AWD RX350 this weekend with the following: Premium Package, Heated Seats w/ Rain Sensing Wipers, Towing Prep, Cargo Mat, Wheel Locks. After researching on various websites, I was getting different invoice prices from several different sources ranging from $38,100 to $37,600. I think this was due to several factors including some region-specific charges and differing dealer holdbacks (addressed in some previous posts). MSRP was $42,171. I was able to get a price of $32,850 + TTL. At the low end of the invoice range that I found, assuming I could have gotten 5K off that price, I suppose I could have done as well as $32,600, but I think I did ok. I also got the exact color combination that I was looking for, which I highly value. Any thoughts from people on this forum?

For others that are looking, I found that inventory for models without NAV was very lean. I had a choice of 4 models with the equipment I wanted, if I wanted NAV, I had a bigger selection. I have used the Lexus NAV system and wasn't too impressed- I'd rather save the $ and get a better GPS system like a Garmin for $500. For me to upgrade to the next level in their inventory, I was quoted a $4,000 increase (which would have included NAV, Premium Plus, 18" wheels). Cost differential wasn't worth it to me, although the 18" wheels do look nice. Sounds like some people in CA are getting great deals though, roughly a $3,000 increase for the upgrades listed above.
  • ou90750ou90750 Member Posts: 5
    Can you email me with the dealership and contact info? I'm assuming that this was purchased in the Chicago area.

Thanks,
    Hoang
  • ou90750ou90750 Member Posts: 5
    Sorry...I left my email off the last post. It's ou90750@yahoo.com. I'm also looking for an '09 Lexus RX350 AWD. Sounds like you got a decent deal. Congrats.
    32k for the low end sounds like a pretty nice deal. NY/NJ has a price lock. They are not going much lower than 34K. Almost a 2 grand difference from what I'm seeing here. I wonder if this could be considered price fixing? Why is it so much cheaper in Cali and in IL than here? Pretty frustrating. :cry:
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    You can get a quality custom fit after market Class II trailer hitch for around $200 and they are easy to install but the wiring harness may be a problem. Perhaps Lexus offers the harness separately as a service part.

Pete :)
  • segma98segma98 Member Posts: 7
    I got one... $36504 for the AWD With Nav. He wanted 37504 and initially i agreed. I was supposed to go to his office this am but i called him and told him I'm not buying from him anymore as i was quoted 36100 by another dealer (who is 300 miles away from me and it was a real quote). I told him to give me a call if he has another offer. He called me and gave me 1000 off. Now i'm happy with this price.Thank you for the help... The problem now is with the finance rate :)
  • yylassieyylassie Member Posts: 2
    Hi Anyone has luck in the tri-state area for a deal that is about 10K off MSRP? I tried couple dealers and they only quoted me 36k.

Thanks
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    Is Lexus offering any special financing before the promotion ends on Feb 2? I am guessing they will offer it after Feb 2. If so, can we lock in the price now and double-dip for the special financing on Feb 3?
    it was tri-county... they had 2 at that price... good luck... i'm gonna wait to see what kind of deals appear after the 2010s come out...
  • mpw215mpw215 Member Posts: 4
    Hi. To respect the request to not post salesmen

You can email me at mpw215 nyuedu for the wilkes barre sales. They were able to get me a really good finance rate too.
  • yylassieyylassie Member Posts: 2
    Would you mind to email me the name of your sales person? I would really appreciate if you can share the info with me

Thanks
  • mandm2mandm2 Member Posts: 1
    Can you please share the sales person's name. Thanks for your help.
  • MafuwahMafuwah Member Posts: 9
    Hi all, it seems like $34,000 to 35,100 is the best price for AWD including Nav.

Is that true? I live in Seattle WA. They quoted me $39,500 before the crazy negoation. ;)
  • xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    Mafuwah,

i donno what other options you are going for but generally you should be able to get $9k-$10k off the MSRP for models with NAV.

I am also in Seattle area and will be making a purchase next week sometime. if you want to negotiate together, post your email address and i'll contact you. btw, which dealer(s) have you contacted? I've contacted all 3 local lexus dealers and i think they're willing to take my price. i think negotiating to buy 2 will help us leverage even more. let me know.
  • MafuwahMafuwah Member Posts: 9
    Whoa! It is a small world. Anyway, I agree with you on the price. Sounds like crazy but my father bought a Lexus ES and he got $9K off.

My email address is mafuwah@hotmail.com. Do u think we should actually go there or email him?

I've an email from Lexus of Seattle Jeff Mattson General Sales Manager. See email below.

b>The 2010s will be here first part of February. For NAV pkgs, the pricing is expected to be around $46-$47k+

I have a few 2009s remaining. You can get one for under $40k
  • paguy2paguy2 Member Posts: 26
    Do you mind telling which dealer (in Philly area)?
    worked with the internet sales dept of Wilkie Lexus.

He said he would give that price to everyone from this message board. So far I was the 2nd to purchase from him from this board.
  • financegalfinancegal Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at buying an '09 RX350 with nav. MSRP of 44,026. I have been quoted 34,888, and a dealership in my area has told me they can beat it. I am going down there tonight to find out what they can do for me.

Does anybody know what they're stopping point is? I can't be too far away from it at 34,888. I just want to get the best deal I can. Thanks!
  • yunyayunya Member Posts: 6
    Where are you located? I was able to get the same car for $33,900 in the SF Bay Area. If you are not too particular about your color choices, you might be able to get an even better deal by waiting until the 2010's get on the lot.
  • degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    I'm sorry I could not locate your previous post to see what the details were regarding pricing and options from Wilke Lexus. Could you please give me the info?

Thanks alot
  • financegalfinancegal Member Posts: 2
    I'm in Los Angeles. I would think I would be able to get the same deals here as in SF, we are in the same state... so that makes sense.

I'm a little particular on color. I can't stand the Bamboo Pearl. I was hoping to go home with silver.

I was at Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys last night, I wouldn't recommend dealing with them. I was there for an hour. They knew about the previous quote of 34,888, and said they would beat it. We talked for the entire hour about pricing, but they were unwilling to actually SAY a price they would sell the car for. Don't waste your time there.
    Hello
    Have you gotten any feedback regarding anyone wanting to buy in group to attain the best pricing? If so what dealership and what are they offering?
    Thanks
  • carshpr1carshpr1 Member Posts: 11
    Hi degirl.

We had quite a few people interested and we got together and got what I think is a good deal. If you are interested you can email me at advantagejk [at] aol [dot] com and I can fill you in.

Thanks!

Jay
    Got the 2009 RX 350 AWD premium plus package no navi MSRP $43,591.

Price paid was $33,890 +TTL
    Thanks for the info. How did you communicate with the dealership. Were they honest and easy to deal with? Did you say they will honor the same deal on other vehicles. I am intersted in the smokey granite mica with premium plus package and w/o navi. How far is Wilkie from the DE/PA line?
    Thanks again Enjoy your new car.