Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mdbostonmdboston Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Shrew_boston:

Thanks for the info. But I am wondering what kind financing rate you got for that price??? Cause it is also a very important factor....

Looking forward to your input.... Thanks.
    Hi, rx8er:

Which dealer did you buy it from? Thanks
  • Phillies08Phillies08 Member Posts: 14
    maybe 20 minutes away. right up the blue rt. few miles away from Villanova University.

very easy to deal with. Same price for all customers from this board. Though the smoky granite is supposedly a very hard color to find.
  • socali914socali914 Member Posts: 3
    people are saying they stopped making prem package plus is this true?
  • MrChicagoMrChicago Member Posts: 4
    For those looking in the midwest- this is what I found when I was shopping. At least in the Chicago area and surrounding suburbs, if you don't want NAV, you are limited to models with the premium package only. If you want 18" wheels or HID headlights, you must upgrade to a 'loaded' version with NAV. I was set on a non-nav vehicle, however, I would have paid for the premium plus package or the 18" wheels if they were available for a reasonable price. When I called around the several dealerships, they told me the only way to get those options was to get an RX with NAV, which would have bumped my price up by $3-4K, which wasn't worth it for me. Dealers in other parts of country might have more inventory with a wider array of options - I think I read on this board that someone got premium plus (no-nav) in Boston?
  • coolmom09coolmom09 Member Posts: 12
    The dealer I contacted in the cincinnati area quoted me $36,150 out of door for a RX350 w/ premuim, no NAV. I think it is way too expensive. According to him, they have very few 09 left "The RX 350,s are rapidly disappearing. We are already almost out of RX 350’s with navigation, and color choices for the non-navigation are getting tougher. This is becoming a problem for all dealers in the region." Can this be true or is it just a pressure for sell?
  • xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    yes, that was a pathetic sales line. blow him off.
  • catalinajerrycatalinajerry Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted a price of $31468 incl. premium package plus tax and license for a new RX350. Price is good until 2/02/09 as mfg rebate goes off. Internet salesman
    at South Bay Lexus in Torrance, CA.
  • mitchs3mitchs3 Member Posts: 68
    Same price and same car I just got in Maryland. Really the best deal out there now.
  • shrew_bostonshrew_boston Member Posts: 5
    There was no special finance support when I bought the car. The low APR was replaced with the $5000 marketing support. The price I got was for cash payment.

Good luck.
  • ralph32ralph32 Member Posts: 2
    Hi mitchs3,

Which dealer did you use ? I am in Maryland as well and looking to buy 09 RX 350 with Prem + Navi. It looks like a good range is in $35000 to $36,000. What do you think ?

Thanks everyone.
  • Bug0yBug0y Member Posts: 4
    Shop around for credit unions around your area, they are lower than the 5% LFS can offer at the most.
  • lap2009lap2009 Member Posts: 3
    Which dealer in SF Bay Area did you go to get the $33,900 price?
  • yunyayunya Member Posts: 6
    Stevens Creek in San Jose. They were easy to deal with.
  • biochemistbiochemist Member Posts: 19
    MrChicago, you are totally right. I've been looking in the Chicago suburbs and all the dealers stock AWD RX350 with just the premium package. Only way to get Premium Plus is to get the Nav. People in different parts of the country have gotten pretty good pricing. I've been offered 33.6K for premium with heated seats (with rain sensor), cargo mats, and wheel locks from 1 dealer, 34.4K from another dealer, and 33.7K from the third.

Thinking of offering 10K off MSRP to all of them and hope one of them will accept. What do others think? Can I/should I go even lower? Thanks.
  • biochemistbiochemist Member Posts: 19
    Can you tell me what options were in the car that you were quoted for $31468? Is it FWD? AWD? Heated Seats? Thanks.
  • degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    Hi Phillies 08,
    I contacted Wilkie via e-mail I am waiting on their reply. I have a few more ?? Did your vehicle come with any addition accessories/options? Also, did the dealership charge an administration/processing fee in addition to the taxes and tag fee? Thanks so much for all the info.
    Thank you.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Anyone gotten a quote from Edison Lexus?
  • catalinajerrycatalinajerry Member Posts: 3
    front wheel drive, premium package, no heated seats. Took delivery today but from Desert Lexus in Palm Springs CA. Paid $800 more but they gave me more on my trade in so about a wash. Live in Palm Desert so 5 miles from my home as opposed to 135 miles from So. Bay Lexus.
  • mafuyimafuyi Member Posts: 2
    We ended up getting a FWD Pebble Beach with navigation, heated front seats and rain-sensing wipers, for $35.5k. Not from Lexus of Marin but another dealer in the Bay Area. We also had a $750 voucher applied to the purchase price. MSRP was $46k and invoice was a little less than $41k. Pretty happy with everything.
  • rumpletzerrumpletzer Member Posts: 39
    My friend asked me to help her buy a 2009 RX 350 with nav. We got a quote by email from one of the Internet Sales guys at Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA. We've been shopping strickly on an "out the door" price basis and the sales tax in this part of California is like 8.25% so if you're looking for the "actual price," you should subtract out ~10% of TTL.

We were offered a silver 2009 RX 350 with 18" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels, heated seats and rain sensing wipers, NAV, Premium Plus Package, tow prep package, cargo mat and wheel locks. MSRP is $44,671 = $37700 + $6206 options + $765 destination (+TTL).

I think that the Invoice Price is $39,373 = $33365 + $5243 options + $765 destination (+TTL).

The OTD offer was $38,000 (TTL included). I know that he still had the car on Thursday morning.
  • rumpletzerrumpletzer Member Posts: 39
    My friend and I got an Internet quote from one of the Internet Sales staff at Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA. I emailed a request for the quote but had to call to get an options list and OTD number from the guy. It wasn't as good of a deal as the one in Ontario, but the interior color for the car at Longo was more to my friend's liking.

She bought a silver 2009 RX 350 with liquid graphite 18" 7 spoke wheels, heated seats and rain sensing wipers, NAV, Premium Package (no Plus), tow prep package, cargo mat and wheel locks. MSRP is $44,026 = $37700 + $5501 options + $825 destination (+TTL).

We took the car for an OTD price of $37,800 (TTL included). I'm fairly certain that we could have gotten it for $37,500 but my friend sort of jumped the gun and asked for a silly discount from the quote instead of a meaningful one. She's extremely happy with the car, and that's what matters most to me.

The Longo dealership is excellent, and I'm happy to deal with them. My salesman was a little odd. He would leave for quite a long time and we'd often be standing or sitting for a long time wondering where he was. He would also walk about 40 feet in front of us when he was leading us places around the dealership. I thought it was kind of strange, and I sort of got the feeling like maybe he hated us (me?). :confuse:

The finance guy was also pretty odd in that he was chewing gum... and I don't mean that he had gum in his mouth. I mean, it was full, open-mouth juiciness. It was a visual and auditory experience the likes of a Disney theme ride into someone's mouth, and I was a little fearful that we were going to get some splash affect if we were around the guy too long.

Despite this stuff, I'm happy with the experience and I'd go back to Longo to buy another Lexus if the opportunity presents itself.
    Len Stoler in Owings Mills will give the full 5,000 off invoice. A nav model will be about $36,300. They have a big selection of colors etc. About 35 cars on their lot. You might be able to get another two hundred or so off .
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    We just picked up a new 2009 RX350 FWD with Premium Package:

MSRP: $40,836
    Paid: $31,036 + TTL + Doc fees

The following options are included in the above price:

Liquid Graphite Finish 18" 7 Spoke Wheels
    Rain-sensing wipers
    Towing Prep Package
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks
  • kwhkwh Member Posts: 68
    Daddy, can you tell me the name of the NC dealer & salesperson's initials that you got the 31,036 price from?

I am in NC and I would buy one at that price.

Thanks - you can email me at ncarolina54@yahoo.com
    Took home a Truffle Pebble Beach for $37850 OTD today. We were choosing between a Smoky Granite NAV and the Pebble Beach and the price difference wasn't much so we opted for it.
  • jjww1jjww1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Bug0y, does your car include Nav? I bought almost the same car today (Truffle Pebble Beach + Nav) but price was $37500 + TTL.
    yep, all pebble beach have NAV as far as I know. Looked at paperwork again this morning, we ran away with it for $36500 + TTL = $37854.50 OTD. They'll talk right now, lots of inventory left they have to unload + low demand.
  • atlmdxbuyeratlmdxbuyer Member Posts: 3
    I bought a new 2009 RX350 with FWD and Navigation on 1/31/09. MSRP is $44841. I paid $35341 before dealer fees, Tax and title. I have very good experience with this dealer in Atlanta. Strightforward dealing in the e-mail and over phone. If anyone is interested I can send the dealer's name and sales person's name.
  • vaman1vaman1 Member Posts: 2
    Can you give me the name of the dealer? Thanks.
    Darcars Silver Spring Lexus, tell them the lowest offer you got from VA dealers is $37900 OTD (if you're satisfied with how much we paid). If I were you I'd try lower than that and see if they'll go even lower. Finance through Pentagon Federal Credit Union, 3.99% right now online rate. Good Luck!
  • stobiegastobiega Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for the same in Atlanta. Which dealer? Did they have much inventory left? Everyone told me the $5k dealer cash expired yesterday, but I am pretty sure it lasts until tomorrow.
  • yxfyxf Member Posts: 2
    I was in the market for a new SUV and visited Sterling Mccall Lexus a couple times. I was eventually able to negotiate the price to $35k drive out for a fwd with premium package, heated seat, towering package, etc with MSRP about $41,370. I thought
    the price is good enough and was ready to pull the trigger until I evaluated an Acura MDX, eventually I bought a MDX on the last day of Jan.

My experience is that having a right sales persons makes a lot of difference (off course, timing is critical too). I dealt with three sales persons in Sterling Mccall, and one of them is just impossible to work with. The last one who got the deal is very very
    nice and straight.
  • jmouse888jmouse888 Member Posts: 2
    made the purchase on Feb/1/09 near Akron, Ohio. RX 350 AWD w/ Nav. MSRP $46065. was offered a month ago at invoice around $41K, and now offered again for 39K, talked down to $36,000 + TTL
    Hi mitchs3: can you tell me the dealer's contact who sold you the R350 in MD? Thx!
  • jessica873jessica873 Member Posts: 11
    hello,
    ive tried to get price quotes from lexus dealers in my area(put my area code in and 2 dealers came up) but all i am getting are automated responses about how they recieved my request and will get back to me shortly and they dont. i am currently out the country and trying to get info on prices for the 3 cars i am really interested in but no response. has this happend to anyone else before? also i plan to buy in april so if i chose this lexus 09, do u think they will still have some good deals out since the 2010 will just be released?
  • degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    Hi Jessica,

I contacted 4 dealers in my area last week via e-mail (several more than once) and got the same response. I even called a couple of them and still did not receive follow up calls or e-mails. When I did get in touch with them today the prices quoted were not what was posted on the this forum. I even identified myself as a person from this site. One dealership did finally offer the quoted price today and told me it was only good for today. I find it mindboggleing that these dealerships are so lax with the economy the way it is. When you finally get in touch with someone I don't think the price they give you will be the same in April but, I'm not sure.
    Len Stoler Lexus in Owings Mills. In keeping compliant with board rules, I am not supposed to give names, but go to their web page, on the top look for specials, then drop down menu dealer specials, and halfway down the page, below a picture of a silver Lexus on a snowy road is the name of Internet Sales Manager. Good luck. Not sure if the 5K dealer cash was renewed for Feb.
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    It seems like the $5000 marketing incentive is extended beyond Feb 2. I got a canned promotional email from a Lexus dealer. Does not say when it expires.
  • jkenleyjkenley Member Posts: 64
    I got that same message. I think they will keep the $5,000 incentive until they sell all the 09's. Anyone who bought an rx in the last few days, can you tell me your payment per month if you leased? Thanks!
    looks liek the incentive has been extended. Has anyone got any new quote?
  • biscuttbiscutt Member Posts: 6
    I just leased an 09 with Mark Levinson stereo package, nav, premium plus, for $598/month for 48 months, including tax and title, no money down. Cost was $36,000 (MRSP is $46,000+) and MF was .00293. The high MF drives my payments up
  • danxpdanxp Member Posts: 47
    i was thinking of leasing myself, but i ran some numbers through and figured buying was way better...

if you bought for 36k (msrp 46k), kept it for 5 years, then traded it in for .41 residual pctg... your monthly cost would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $335/month (had you purchased in cash)... financing the full amt (at approx 6%) would have ended up costing you ~$435/month...

just an fyi for those considering this purchase...
    well, the new law passed regarding deductible car loan interest and sales taxes should change the monthly cost a bit downward if financing...
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    When is it extended to? Edmund hasn't updated the incentive page.
  • ou90750ou90750 Member Posts: 5
    I just checked edmunds.com and it looks like the $5000 marketing support has been extended to March 2, 2009
  • LookinForADealLookinForADeal Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm trying to get an idea of prices being paid for used 2008 RX350 premium pkg autos, specifically CA if possible. I'm seeing 29k as the bottom end for cars with 20-30k miles, at least in the prices I'm being quoted.

thanks in advance!
  • biscuttbiscutt Member Posts: 6
    you are correct, but are you sure you can trade it in at 41% after 5 years. I know that is thr residual, but i thought the residual reflects what you can purchase the car for at that time, not the trade in value, which I assume is $2,000-$4,000 less. Your thoughts?
    yes, actually, i was projecting a residual where that's probably private party or retail... trade-in would most likely fetch considerably less... but also consider we are in lean times now, hence the great car deals available... hopefully, in 5 years things will be better and the resale values will rise accordingly...