Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• atlmdxbuyeratlmdxbuyer Member Posts: 3
    I leased 2009 FWD with Navigation. MSRP is 44,800. Negotiaed sale price is $35340. Then added XM Radio for $695. That brought the Gross capitalized cost to $36306 (approx). Dealer added acquision fees of $700. I do not know what it is. I am leasing it for the first time. Probably you can negotiate this also. Money factor is 0.00285 (which is equivalent to 6.84% apr, multipy MF * 2400). It is 3 Year year lease with 12,000 miles/year. Residual value at the end of 3 year period is 49% of MSRP equivalent to $21972. Monthly payment is $618.83 (including 7% tax) and first month payment is $1045.83 (includes first month payment, title, dealer processing fees). Additional charges 0.25/mile.

I was offered 4.45% APR if I buy the car for 5 year finance. I should have gone with that. I did not know how to convert APR to MF. I think they took advantage of it. I know now. MF would be 0.0020625 for 4.45 % APR.
  • juancitowjuancitow Member Posts: 13
    Lookingforadeal,

I'm looking for the same vehicle here in the Midwest. 2008 AWD, I've seen several with 20-30k miles priced $31-35 list. I've also tracked E-bay bids and buy now pricing. I would say fair sales pricing is somewhere between 25-29K. My personal strategy is to wait until the end of the month, then offer cash price around 25K to several dealers stressing this deal is final price nothing added. I'll see if there is any interest. With dealer incentives of 5K on new vehicles there's no need to offer anywhere near what they are asking. If you have the cash, I'd shop around and start getting quotes. Best of luck :D
  • brianintnbrianintn Member Posts: 7
    Last week we got my wife a 09 FWD RX with Premium Pkg, 18" wheels, Towing prep, rain sensing wipers for $32,099.98 (MSRP 40,576 incl destination), added XM on top of that for $475 for a total of $32,574 +ttl. This prcee was without a trade in, so the numbers are good. Tlexus Finance (Toyota Captial) beat our Credit Union rate by 15bps, so we financed there and we feel real good about the purchase.

Before buying a 2008, I would take a hard look at the 09s with the discount....
  • LookinForADealLookinForADeal Member Posts: 2
    I tried the end of month approach, but couldn't get anything under $29k. I'm avoiding the 09 cars, due to pricing. I suppose this could change as the weeks go by!

I'm going to wait a few more weeks and see how much the used inventories change, at the local dealers. I'm not in a hurry.
  • linkislinkis Member Posts: 6
    I am also considering purchasing the '09 Lexus 350 AWD, no nav. There is only one really (he has two dealership) within the 100 mile radius - SW PA. The price offered is $7000 below MSRP, no deals on interest rates. Good deal or better to wait till end of month?
  • Phillies08Phillies08 Member Posts: 14
    last month deals in the Phila area were about $10k off MSRP.
  • juancitowjuancitow Member Posts: 13
    I would enquire about the manufacturer to dealer incentive totaling $5000 on 2009's. If you subtract $5000 from invoice of $34995 you should be @ a sales price of $30000. At this price the dealer still makes money on the deal, not to mention the money he makes on the financing and trade-in. Get as many quotes as you can. The 2010 model is already out, meaning dealers should be ready to clear remaining 2009's. Good luck.
  • smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    Anyone getting quotes on 2010 model?
  • murfemurfe Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone purchased a new 2009 AWD RX350 from Lexus of Peoria. I am considering one and I would like to know what others have been paying and if they had a good experience with this dealer. Is it still possible to get about $9000.00 of the sticker even if you have a trade in? This is the only dealer in central Illinois .I am not interested in paying the extra cost for the premium package with the NAV as I do not think it is worth the extra 3-4,000 that they are asking.
  • fergyjfergyj Member Posts: 4
    I live right between Peoria and the quad Cities and have been looking at the Volvo XC70 and the Lexus RX350. I did some checking on Ebay as well as Lujack's website and was pretty discouraged. Lujacks had rx with 20,000 plus miles listed for the cost of what others on this forum paid for brand new. I'm not sure if it's because of where we live or if it's because I keep thinking that one of these days these dealerships will post ads in newspaper like some of the bigger cities. Very frustrating...Plus, no one wants to deal over the phone.

I will let you know if I go in...
  • murfemurfe Member Posts: 9
    I would stay away from the Volvo as I currently own a 2003 Volvo C70 and they are very expensive to repair. I only have 20,000 miles on it and once I had a problem with the security ring around the ignition failing to recognize the computer chip in the key and it wouldn't start. I went to see how much it would cost to have it fixed and they said $900.00 . I told them to forget it as it only happened once. They told me if it happens again to just remove the key and re-insert it and it should start. So much for security. I bought an RX 330 from Peoria in 2004 and it is the best SUV I have ever owned but they are the only game in town and thus are not to inclined to make a good deal. thank you for your response
  • ou90750ou90750 Member Posts: 5
    You might want to check the Westmont Lexus Dealership. Call to see if they have any non-navigation available before you drive up there. They were down to about 5 non-navigation vehicles about 2-3 weeks ago. I was able to talk the sales guy down to $32,700 for a 2009 AWD Lexus RX350 with Premium Package. They didn't have the colors that I wanted so I ended up getting a Pebble Beach Edition from Bredemann Lexus in Glenview. Good luck.
    Here are msrp prices I received today for a 2 wheel drive RX350:
    Steve, I'll mail you a brochure when they mail them to us. No ETA yet.
    Pricing:

$36800 Base price
    $110 12 speaker audio option
    $2440 Navigation system
    $2400 Premium package
    $330 Wood trim
    $92 Cargo area protector
    $81 Wheel locks
    $825 Delivery
    $43,078 Total
  • joxajoxa Member Posts: 2
    I just test drove a new 2010 rx 350 at my local dealership which just arrived last night. They are claiming that they will only sell for MSRP at this time.
  • GyrlwolfGyrlwolf Member Posts: 35
    Just left my dealer in Southern NJ. Guy offers $34,500 or $35,600 (Can't remember which now, sorry lonnnnggggg day) leasing for 36 mths, 12K driving miles a yr, $399 for monthy payment, but wants $3,000 or $4,000 down and this was for a 2009 RX 350, no nav, premium plus package, Black w/black interior, which I really like. Now is it just me or is this a little pricey still? Am I being too cheap? I guess I keep thinking since it doesn't have nav shouldn't it be cheaper? They only have 1 Breakwater blue & 1 Pebble Beach in stock with nav. Any suggestions? :confuse:
  • dperonedperone Member Posts: 14
    Looking for a 2009 Lexus RX 350 in NJ - did you ever find one at a good price? You mention Southern NJ - how far south?? So far I am not doing well in Central NJ
    I love the Pebble Beach - but having ahard time locating one.
    DPerone,

I'm in Marlton NJ. The dealership is on Route 73 South. It's listed as the Cherry Hill NJ dealer if you google it or you could put in 08053 as the zip code to bring it up. They moved to Marlton this summer to get a bigger lot. Hope this helps as they only had 1 in stock. Good Luck!
  • jciel2003jciel2003 Member Posts: 9
    i just got my new rx 350 2009 yesterday at warnock lexus nj at the price of 34K with premium plus package and some additional acc...black exterior and gray interior...there is no more black and black so i settle for the latter one...i had an excellent sales agent, and his manager is great too...the finance manager is fantastic he was able to find me a great low apr for financing...so guys if u are looking for one try it in warnock nj...
  • luckylizluckyliz Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good price - 09 RX Pebble Beach with NAV + SAT radio $36700? I live in los angeles anyone with similar deals or experiences?
    What was the MSRP on the one at Warnock? Did you lease or buy?
    I am headed there later today. (I was waiting to hear about the new offer coming out today)
    Why was I just about to ask the same thing as DPerone...lol. I keep debating about purchasing since I do l like the 2010's and it'd be nice to get one in a few years, but purchasing the 09's right now is a better bet I think.
    msrp is 43,531, i had it financed...yeah they will unviel the new 2010 rx350... u should ask for the dealer incentive of 5k but it doesnt apply for the 2010...
    gud luck...
    Thanks! I may go for the purchase - depending on the finance rate. I heard the $5000 only applies to purchases not leases.
    Looks like I'll be purchasing too. Thanks for the feedback and wishing us both luck. I'll let you guys know how it turns out for me. :)
    u should ask them if u want to lease and if 5k applies on this, 5k is a big discount huh... they r nice and honest...they dont give extra charge unlike in some dealers that i went and ask for a bill of sale..the finance manager usually gives advice for the best finance rate that u can get and if u r really serious of getting one they can get u a best finance rate quote depending on ur credit score...but i bet u, u can get the best one...i had great experience there...
    Went to Warnock - great experience. Bought a 2009 - and the whole process took less than 1 hour. Very honest! There are VERY few left RX 350 on any lot in NJ - so I was afraid to wait. Got 8,500 off the MSRP with a lease. The finance guy was even nicer - no pushy sales techniques. They were also in no rush to pickup. In the past - I have had to drive the car off the lot that day! (I have a GMC lease that ends next week).

Not sure if my experience with due to LEXUS or the dealer - but so much for buying American.
    so much how was the msrp..yeah they r nice and honest...
    im happy u had the great experience...
  • terry79terry79 Member Posts: 27
    JM Lexus in Margate FL. on their website says they have 170 2009's for 10000
    off.
  • psych1psych1 Member Posts: 1
    We are going to buy a 2010.. did test drive on 2/14 got the feeling they are not going to deal much off of msrp... Any advice?
    thanks!
    "We are going to buy a 2010.. did test drive on 2/14 got the feeling they are not going to deal much off of msrp... Any advice?"

Yes. Wait about 60 days. You should get a much better deal than msrp.
  • angryswordangrysword Member Posts: 4
    Guys,
    I search all this forum. the best deal 09rx350 with premium version is 31053+TAX.: I live in LA, california. confirmed with some dealer. I can get the price RX350 with Navigation package . so far is $37200 out door price.many dealer like to give me 37500 out door price. i can pickup today. i am looking for the price is 36500 out door price.
    I donot understand why some guys got a very high price this time. please be awared, some dealer maybe is in this forum.
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    angrysword:
    When you mention the price here, please specify the MSRP and the dealer asking price before TTL (that is tags, tax, and license) for us to evaluate your deal. The out of door price varies state to state.
  • GCN71GCN71 Member Posts: 9
    I want to buy a 2009 RX 350 AWD with 18" tires, heated front seats and rain sensing wipers, Nav system, Premium Plus Package, Towing Prep Package, and Wheel Locks ... who has the best price within 50 miles of Arlington, Va?
  • angryswordangrysword Member Posts: 4
    AMRX350+Navigation: MSRP is $44715, The price given by dealer is $34802+TTax+doc Fee and $34604+Tax+Doc Fee. I am looking for the price is 34000+tax+doc Fee. Is that possible? I will going to buy this weekend. please give some suggestions. I live LA, california.
  • hvatohvato Member Posts: 8
    How much did you paid for the MDX and what package? Please let me know the sale and the dealer in Houston as well. Much appreciated.

Larry
    angrysword:
    I got $9800 off the MSRP very easily when I purchased at the end of Jan. With the 2010 out, you may be able to get your target price. Just wait out a few days and strike close to the end of Feb when the dealers would be more interested to close the deal. The only problem waiting is you may not get the color and options that you are looking for unless your dealer has plenty of them.
  • bikerrnbikerrn Member Posts: 6
    I looked at the website and it says up to 10,000.00 off and the MSRP is $47,000 and some change....so they have the price inflated..
    I am looking for an Rx350 with premium package and need some advise. I have 2 internet quotes with MSRP at 40,000 but offering me 34,750.00 not incl. ttt.....I think I can do better, does anyone have advise for me? I'm a woman buyer and don't want to be taken advantage of. Appreciate any help I can get.
    Thanks.
    where r u located at? are u here in jersey? my advice is u can go haggle the 34 750 to 34k..depending on the package or other options that's in the car...if your here in nj try warnock lexus nj...but you have to get one as soon because they r runnin gout of 09 rx 350
    bikerrn:
    Don't pay more than $10,000 off the MSRP. Do all the negotiation via email. Do not go to the dealer until you agree on the price. Don't fall for the line "come on down and we'll work with you and give you the best deal...". If possible, try to play your dealer against their closest competitor. The auto market is down and there is no reason to pay the high price your dealer is asking. Your target price should be $30K + TTL.
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Many dealers in the DC area are matching prices. 10,000 off MSRP is common. I was quoted the price down to 33900 for an AWD RX 350 without Navigation and I was able to get the AWD RX350 with Navigation and Premium package at 36,181+TTL.
    Watchout they are going fast.

PSP
  • wai_sterwai_ster Member Posts: 10
    daddy:
    You are correct. I bought an MDX 3 weeks ago and it was the easiest buying experience I've ever had. I've owned 6 cars in my lifetime. I emailed every dealer in 25 mile radius. Makes sure u know exactly what u want, color, options etc.. I took the lowest bid and replied to each dealer and asked if they could match or beat it. Of course reading this forum helped in regards to what people are paying.

Anyway, i went to lowest bidder, got some extras when i got there (never hurts to ask) finished paperwork in 1-2hrs.
  • majchmajch Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to let everyone know we purchased the '09 RX350 out of chicago on presidents day. We got black on black w/o NAV.

MSRP was 42,500 and we paid 32,700 + TTL. We walked out the 1st time at $33,100 but came back and settled on 32.7

Chicagoland dealership are running out of '09's but are still willing to deal with the 10's around the corner.
  • hvatohvato Member Posts: 8
    may i ask where you are located and how much did you paid for your MDX and what package? Tech/Sport/Base/Ent? I'm in houston, i got quote from internet manager that OTD: Sport package. 43.7. Please let me know.
  • ozzynyc1ozzynyc1 Member Posts: 18
    I'm trying to purchase an RX 350 '09 AWD with Navi and Premium Only (perhaps some other basic pkgs if you can't find one without them)....Can you recommend a place in NY or NJ that has more than just one or two and willing to do business @ invoice minus $5k cash and carry? i'm in NYC, but willing to do a little driving for a great deal...Thanks! :confuse:
  • bikerrnbikerrn Member Posts: 6
    T+hanks for the advise. I'm located in central florida and the lowest I have been able to get any of the dealers is $31,900 +ttl......is that a decent price? I got financing for 3.99%
  • GCN71GCN71 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks, that's a big help. Which Lexus dealership were you working with.
    V/R,
    GCN
  • prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Hello GCN71,
    I worked with Lenstoler Lexus and others like Pohanka and Rockville mathced the prices. Lexus of Rockville also have some free package called "the Edge". Check with them.

PSP
  • caltimes2caltimes2 Member Posts: 4
    I'd like to purchase an 09 RX350 AWD+Nav+Prem only (heated seats would also be great). Not sure what they are going for in the SF bay area. Has anyone gotten a great deal on one this week? I may need to just get FWD since I'd like to pay less than $35,000 before ttl. I've also seen some used 09's on dealer lots but I'm not sure what a reasonable price would be for one with about 10,000 miles? Any advice is much appreciated.
    bikerrn:
    Is that price $31,990 + TTL for a $40K MSRP car? If so, then it is very high. I would shoot close to $30,000 + TTL. Do not rush and get it now; give them a few days and contact the dealer again just 2-3 days before the end of this month. You should be able to do better than $10000 off the MSRP; somewhere between $10K and $11K off the MSRP.

See if you the dealer can offer better than 3.99% financing. You can get that rate easily online at penfed.org. Penfed has great customer service.

Hope this helps.
  • laurylaury Member Posts: 1
    The 2010 Lexus RX 350 with new design and features is out. I can buy a new 2009 RX350 at a great deal, but it may be subject to grater depreciation because of the new 2010 model. What should I do?