Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gmaxx3gmaxx3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'm looking to get a 2009 RX350 with Prem Plus in NJ for no more than $31K+TTL. Is this realistic? Thoughts? Thanks!
  • jcg4jcg4 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for a 2009 RX350 (Prem NO navigation) in the TN area (or any surrounding states). The best price I've found is 33k. Has anyone gotten a good deal in this area or know of a dealer w/ a decent selection? What's a reasonable price for RX w/ Prem pack?
  • juancitowjuancitow Member Posts: 13
    Laury, it depends on your financial situation. You probably won't get a good deal on a redesigned 2010. If you like the 2009, you can get a great deal, as dealers are having trouble selling them. I wouldn't worry about depreciation unless you plan on trading the car in a few years. Bottom line is: do want to pay around $32000 for a 2009 or $42000 for a 2010. Are the new features really worth $10000? I'm not a big fan of the new styling, if the redesign isn't a big hit, the 2009 may hold up well to depreciation. It's your choice, money in your pocket or first kid on your block with a 2010. Best of luck. :shades:
  • angryswordangrysword Member Posts: 4
    Report real buying experience
    1.Got 2009 FWD RX350 with Navigation on last Friday
    MSRP: 44026. Price:34100+Tax+Fee
    Finance: 4.75%

I negotiated all price by email and make sure no hassle when i met with dealer. Take me about 4 hours back and force to negotiate with two dealers. I told them if price is ok. i will pickup the same day. i actually pickup the same when deal is reached.

Here is some info please be careful.

Dealer give me 6.95% APR first (i have 730+ credit score). i say no, then they give 6.4%. I told them, i can not afford. i plan to leave. then dealer leads me to another finance officer. i got 4.75%.

Done deal. good experience with this purchase.

another agent names steven, He is very nice too. but his price is about 200 higher, i have to say no to him

Thanks all of you in this forum who provide great introduction to lead me how to negotiate price.

Wish my post can help you save your money.
  • graberggraberg Member Posts: 8
    Hi, my first time to this forum. DH and I are looking to replace our 02 Passat stationwagon and we drove the RX 350 Sat and liked it quite a bit. We live in Tucson. I'm checking with the Phoenix area dealerships as well. We are interested in the 09 FWD with only a premium option. One of the Phoenix area dealerships sent me the sticker on one with the list price of $40,000 or so (included upgraded tires) and says that's the price unless I want to make an offer. Should I walk or make an offer? Quick reading here suggests 10k less is not outrageously low to offer. Any thoughts appreciated.
    ^^Now have 2 other internet offers from other Phoenix area dealerships for the same car. One is $31,845 and the other is $32,860. Should I try offering $30k to all 3?
  • daddydaddy Member Posts: 21
    graberg:

Since the dealer will likely agree for the $30K, I'll start with $29K or $29.5K and see if they accept it. You will be able to get it for $30K anyway, why not start lower than that. Try to play one dealer's offer against another. Let us know how it goes.
  • caltimes2caltimes2 Member Posts: 4
    I'd like to start contacting dealers regarding an 09 RX350. Should I be taking the $5000 incentive off of the MSRP or the Invoice? Just want to make sure before I begin.
    Caltimes2:

The dealer is getting $5000 cash from the manufacturer, this means that if the invoice price is $35000 he is still making money selling the vehicle at $30000 after he receives the holdback. Your strategy should be arriving at a sales price around $30000. Get several quotes then make an offer. It's a buyer's market. Good luck. :D
    Thanks for the input! I got another offer from the first guy who didn't want to negotiate at $31,550. My husband also thinks we can do a little better so we'll see what we can put together today.
    graberg:
    Just be patient and the dealer will accept your offer close to $30K. They will be more motivated to sell close to the end of the month to meet their monthly target. So try to drag it out and contact them 1-2 days before the end of the month. Do not rush, and you will get a good deal. Keep us posted.
  • seasunseasun Member Posts: 1
    I was told by a dealer in Fairfax, VA that this area only has thr RX 350 AWD vehicles. Does anyone know if this is true???? I was trying to get a good deal but he only quoted 7000 below MSRP.
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    Anyone have a price paid on the 2010? Are the dealer discounting off MSRP?
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    Has anyone bought an RX 2010 at a discount; if so how much?

Has anyone offered and been turned down for a discount?
  • michptmichpt Member Posts: 1
    anybody knows how much is RX 350, 2009 selling in Michigan area? I could really use some advice as I am looking to buy anytime now. My current car is dying.....
  • degirldegirl Member Posts: 45
    Hi ,
    Did you puchase from Len Stoller? If so what vehicle, options etc? What was the MSRP and what was your purchase price before TTL?

Thanks
  • wine4etwine4et Member Posts: 12
    I got quoted on a 09 rx350 fwd with msrp 44026, price of 34730.

on a lease 36 months 582 with tax, 1k per year, 49% residual in calif with 2000 total drive off.

car has nav, rem, not sure what else, how does this deal sound?

thanks

ET
  • wine4etwine4et Member Posts: 12
    can you tell me what dealer please?
    What discounts are individuals being offered on 2010 RX with navigation?
  • jddddjdddd Member Posts: 3
    Hi, there,

I got a quote at $32700 for msrp $42700. It that a good deal? Should I take it, or try get $11000 off msrp?

Thanks.
    Never accept the first offer. It does not hurt to make a counter-offer and see how low they can go. It is a buyers' market. Try $11K off and see what they say.
    What is considered a fair markup (over dealer invoice) for a $50,000 vehicle.
    Find out what the invoice price is from the dealer. The difference between MSRP and invoice is "markup". Fairness is a matter of opinion. I personally will not pay over invoice. If this is a 2010 RX, expect to pay for the priveledge of being one of the first to own a 2010. If you wait six months, you might get a better deal, or purchase a new 2009 at significant savings, $10k off sticker. The decision is yours, buy a new model at sticker or buy a 2009 for $32-34K. You can take the 18K in savings and buy a smart car as well. Good luck. ;)
  • glfanglfan Member Posts: 18
    There's definitely some level of discount on the 2010 model and everything is so much better. Be on the lookout that some dealers just wanted to get market intel. I was tricked by a So Cal dealer, Longo Lexus, into passing on an offer from another dealer with a promise that Longo will beat the other dealer's price. They repeatedly tried to get me pass on the offer in writing from another dealer. What happened was that they just simply wanted to get the competitive info. They turned down my offer and never heard from them again. What happened was that they used the evidence to make a complaint to Lexus corporate on excessive discount offered by another dealer. The last time I checked, it's still a free country. They violated numerous federal laws on price fixing. What a great Lexus service by dragging a customer into their dealer politics! Longo is supposed to be the largest Lexus dealer in the country! I ended up getting the 2010 RX from another dealer with a good discount. However, the entire experience makes me less likely to buy another Lexus in the future.
  • xGuessWhoxxGuessWhox Member Posts: 20
    would you mind letting us know which options your car came with and the price you paid?
  • wowlywowly Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know if Lexus will increase the marketing support on the 2009 RX 350 up from $5000 soon?
    I would appreciate knowing the MSRP and the discount. My experience is very little discount so far. Numerous vehicles including some Lexus vehicles are being sold at invoice, while dealers are not very flexible so far on the the 2010 RX.

What have others offered for discounts on this vehcile that may have been accepted or rejected.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Just an update so others can benefit. I ended up getting the RX at $10500 off msrp ($42700). I could've gotten $11000 off msrp if I weren't too picky on color.
  • murfemurfe Member Posts: 9
    I just purchased a new 2009 RX350 In Peoria,Ill. last week and I can tell you the inventory is very limited. In fact they had to trade a vehicle to a dealer in Omaha to get the color that I wanted. If I were you I would not wait for the offer to go up . The sticker price for the new 2010 is what you are going to pay as they have a waiting list for them.
  • jeksjeks Member Posts: 3
    Would appreciate some thoughts on NAV vs no NAV. From what I've gleaned on this chat, it sounds like I could get an '09 Premium Pkg without NAV for around $31k, but with Nav, the lowest I've seen seems to be around $36k. $5k sounds like quite a bit for Bluetooth and a navigation system (and the part that I really care about is the Bluetooth anyway). Does anyone have any thoughts on the utility of the Nav system? And am I reading things correctly that the Nav would effectively raise the price by about $5k? (on the Lexus site, it lists Nav as costing about $2500)
    Frequently a vehicle with nav will have other additional options. Although Nav option is about $2500, there are probably additional options for $2500.

I own a portable Garmin unit which works just fine, however, my next vehicle will have the nav built in as it also has blue tooth and more nav features, I believe. If you rarely require nav, however, would probably not be worth $2500-$5000 more. Maybe your dealer can locate a nav car with few or no additional options.
  • rx2020rx2020 Member Posts: 1
    jdddd,

can you provide the dealer's name and is this vehicle an AWD? Thanks
  • 2009_Lex_Rex2009_Lex_Rex Member Posts: 5
    When test driving my wife and I noticed the limited visibility when bacing up due to the large rear pillar and raked rear window. For these reasons we chose the Nav system which also includes the back up camera, a huge safety feature. I owned a 2001 RX300 and purchased a 2009 in December.
    Good advice. Do you have any details on the RX options and the deal?
    On your 2001 RX-how many miles did it have and did you trade? If so, how much was the vehicle appraised for?

I own a 2001, great condition, but 110000 miles and the dealer has offered only $6000.
    My 2001 RX had 89K miles. Dealer offered $8K trade, so I sold it to a private party for $8,500. Edmunds trade in value was $9,000. Dealer retail was over $13,000, but at the time they had a lot full of used RX's and I figured they didn't want another one that bad. A win for all of us.
  • huey4huey4 Member Posts: 2
    To replace my 01 Acura 3.2 TL, I am looking in Michigan for a clean pre-owned 2008 Lexus RX 350 AWD with navigation, moonroof and leather, with 15-20K miles on the car. From a buyer's perspective what is a fair price to pay for this car with navigation? Whats a fair price for this car without navigation?

Since such a car will have up to 35K miles of manufacturer's warranty remaining, I doubt that I need to pay the extra $1000 upcharge for Lexus Pre-owner Certification.

Any thoughts from Forum members will be greatly appreciated.

Huey4
  • bikerrnbikerrn Member Posts: 6
    The 2009's Rx 350 is becoming a scarce commodity because of the discounts offered by Lexus. I just picked up my 2009 Rx 350 yesterday from Lexus of Tampa Bay. I searched 5 dealers in the Central Florida area and every dealer either had none or they had 1 left and then that was the fully loaded model. I ended up with a premium package with a few other options for $31,900, the dealer would not budge another penny after holding out for almost a week. When I picked the vehicle up yesterday which was the last one on the lot my salesman told me that they have been getting calls for the 2009 right and left and are having a hard time finding them. I have to say the 2010 was in the showroom and really looked sharp but lot more money! I lOVE my 2009 and think I got a good deal. Dealer tried to get me a better rate than the 3.99% that I got thru the credit union but could not beat the rate. Good luck to those of you trying to get your hands on a 2009.
  • vietchicagovietchicago Member Posts: 3
    Laury Let me tell you my story. I bought 2007 Sequoia because of the discount. Then 2008 came out it makes me hate my Sequoia and also myself. Every time I see the 2008 I can not stop looking at it and blame myself for being stupid. We also just bought a 2010 RX350 0n 2/22 for my wife it is a great car. Everything is better than 2009 and if you are buying 2010 you are a year ahead of the game. So please buy 2010 don't be stupid like me. This is how I feel about my Sequoia" I sleep with my wife but I love another woman" :-) Viet
  • jpzy3jpzy3 Member Posts: 11
    wish i saw this sooner. kbb doesn't show any discounts for lexus.
  • vietchicagovietchicago Member Posts: 3
    For Your Info. Trade in for $8K is better then sold private for $8.5K because of the tax. When you trade $8k there is no tax for the $8k. Viet
    >>> can you provide the dealer's name and is this vehicle an AWD? Thanks

It is a AWD. The dealer is Lexus Serramonte in San Francisco area.
    Would you please share the amount of discount you were able to receive, if any?

I am looking at a 2010 with navigation and discounts seems to be quite limited.

Thank you.
  • angryswordangrysword Member Posts: 4
    i am not sure if i should tell you about dealer name. maybe it is bad for dealer if some other dealer complain to lexus. Just check out how many lexus dealers in orange county, very few. I promise my buying experience is totally real. good luck
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    That would be true in previous years, but is the new law going to offset that advantage?
    ------------
    http://www.biblemoneymatters.com/2009/02/sales-tax-deductions-for-new-car-auto-b- uyers-in-2009-obama-economic-stimulus-package.html
    We ended up getting our 2009 last Friday from our local dealer who matched and then did a little better than the quotes we had from the Phoenix area. Ended up at $31,332 for the car (fwd with premium package and alloy wheels) which came to $34,816.35 OTD. They also threw in wheel locks, cargo pad and window tinting (plus a dozen roses for me when I picked it up). All in all, we're pretty pleased and glad we didn't have to make the trip to Phoenix to get the car.
  • caltimes2caltimes2 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased a FWD 09 RX350 in SF Bay Area this weekend with the following options:
    Liquid Graphite Wheels
    Premium Package
    Heated Seats & RSW
    Navigation
    Cargo Mats
    Wheel Locks
    Tow prep package

MSRP $43,850. Paid $33,800 + TTL. I found excellent tips on how to negotiate the price of the car as well as an extremely helpful spreadsheet on Carbuyingtips.com
  • ricketmanricketman Member Posts: 4
    which dealership did you go? did you use internet quotation or just drop in? do they still have AWD available?
    Could anyone comment as to discounts that have been offered on the 2010 RX?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    I've been thinking about the RX and the bmw x6 for a while, I personally consider the RX to be a ladies car, but after seeing it in person, its really good looking.

I liked the way the interior is, which looks a lot nicer than the previous car, and the engine sound is so quiet, it feels so smooth when starting.

You can just feel how smooth and quiet the car is just by starting the engine.

On the other hand there is the X6, quite a lot more expensive than the RX,not a good record of reliability, horrible reviews, turbo heating problems, yet I still love the bmw x6 which has quite a few problems.

But my mind says the RX is the better choice, reliable, Japanese, dependable,trust able,won't breakdown, good quality, no turbos like the x6.

Decisions,decisions. :blush: