Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    Most RX350s that we have here are either with Premium Plus Package and with or without Navigation system. You can special order some packages or options (preformance, Mark Levinson, etc), but it takes up to months for one. I just bought mine (AWD, Navi, with Premium Plus) about month ago here in MA.
  • ps23435ps23435 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings! I've been looking at the 350. Live in Norfolk, VA- only one Lexus dealer nearby, but can travel to Richmond, DC-area. I understand only the AWD with premium plus package (with our without nav system) is available in the east- is that what others find too? For pricing, MSRP on is $43. What would be a good price to offer? I was thinking about $37-38?
    Thanks.
  • njexpressnjexpress Member Posts: 170
    Hi Sender1, Thanks for getting back!!! I thought I did - I also sent you an email describing my experience and thanking you on how your post got th edealer's total attention when he saw it.
    Anyways - Thanks again!! I can be reached at karthik_ts@yahoo.com.
    Thanks!!
    --njexpress
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    It looks like the configurations for the RX are
    a little different down here in the South, Florida, that is. Most of the RX's in stock at
    the Lexus of Tampa Bay dealer come with the
    premium package with a few little extras such
    as 18in. wheels, wood steering wheel/shifter,
    no heated seats; does have rain-sensing wipers.

I bought my '07 RX in August. It has just the
    premium package with the above items added.
  • michie2michie2 Member Posts: 3
    I am about to buy a Lexus RX 350. I live in NJ. Would you email me the name of the salesperson you dealt with.
    I am a new poster so please let me know how I may contact you.
    Michie2
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Click on sender1 in the title line of a post by that member (such as #253) to source their email address.

Pete :)
  • sender1sender1 Member Posts: 43
    Hi, I tried to email you but your email is marked as private. You can click on my name and email me and I'll respond. :)
  • bogeygolferbogeygolfer Member Posts: 17
    well..time to give back to the community...

Just bought RX350 AWD with Premium Plus Pkg and NAV in MA

Price for car was 40.7k before taxes/fees.
  • apatel68apatel68 Member Posts: 7
    hi..I am also looking to purchase RX350 AWD with Premium Plus Pkg and NAV in MA. Can you please tell me how much over invoice did you pay and from where? When you say before fees..do you also mean before destination charge?

Thanks,
    Ash
    well..time to give back to the community...

Just bought RX350 AWD with Premium Plus Pkg and NAV in MA

Price for car was 40.7k before taxes/fees.

Question from apatel: When you say before fees..do you also mean before destination charge?

I was quoted an invoice price of 40769 (which includes the destination charge)

The fees I was referring to are things like: dealer prep, title, inspection, registration and transfer of title etc.
    Thank you. Where in MA did you purchase it from? I am talking with Lexus of Watertown and Ira Lexus.

Thanks again.
    Try Norwood.

Although there was a fellow on these boards who was able to get the same price (40.7k) at Watertown. I heard they even offer free car washes even if you don't have the car service there. I didn't bother going back to Watertown because I already had a deal with Norwood.
    Will do. Thanks. Watertown is asking $400 over invoice. I'll push for invoice, since that's what Norwood seems to be offering. Thanks for your help.
  • nebraska1nebraska1 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to purchase an RX350 AWD with /premium package/heated seats with Rain-sense wipers /wheel lock/cargo mat/ with navigation system, in Nebraska. The MSRP with extras is $44,075 and invoice $38,930. The dealer has offered $41,800. Or lease payments of $657.36 for a 3 year lease with 15,000 mpy and 22,960 residual (nothing down). I'm lost. Is this a good deal?

I've been reading that I should wait until the end of the month for the Lexus special lease deals. Any help is appreciated.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    I got mine (AWD, Navi, premium plus) $40.8K in Boston too. Yeap! Free car wash & vac.
    If I may ask, where in Boston? Looks like they are going for invoice price in Boston area. I'll see if I can get the same in NH.(I am in nh)

Thanks
    I meant which dealership. Thanks.
    I am curious how are you coming up with invoice price of $40.8 for 2007 RX 350($33,170 MSRP, $29,410 invoice) with premium plus package($2,480 MSRP, $2,058 invoice) and Nav System w/Mark Levinson Premium Audio($4,050 MSRP, $3,350 invoice). Plus Destination($715)

MSRP total for above items with destination is: $40,415.
    Invoice total for above items with destination is: $35,533.

Unless I am counting a wrong package, I think you are paying MSRP. And not invoice. Correct?

Thank you.
  • timhooligantimhooligan Member Posts: 8
    Bogey,

Where'd you get those numbers for MSRP?!?!? Sorry, but your numbers are wrong. Just look at Edmunds pricing system again.

Base MSRP: $38,800 + destination
    Base Invoice: $34,338 + dest

Nav/ML Package MSRP: $6190
    Prem Plus Package MSRP: $2060

Might want to check your #'s again! $40.8k with Nav is an excellent deal!

Also - I got an email today from a Lexus dealer in MD stating 'December to Remember' is starting. Lease deals are coming out now. No details on terms given though. Stay tuned.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Stick to your guns, Nebraska1, because I think
    that you can do better. Good Luck!!
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Hi Terrence,
    For some reasons, Verizon deleted a few of my old emails.
    So I lost your email address. I can look it up in your
    profile. Anyway, just want to tell you we bought the
    07'GS350 AWD fully loaded at Watertown last month. But the
    car won't arrive until Dec 10.
    We test drove both the RX350 & GS350. We like the GS
    better.
    Thanks for the sale rep. info.
  • kalamyjoneskalamyjones Member Posts: 3
    $37,200 for the $43,056 MSRP variety. That's our lowest quote so far.

Includes delivery, does not include tax (for us, $37,200 * 0.06) or tags (for us, $100).
    since others have helped me. I bought a RX with Premium Package plus and nav for $40.7. Paid additional $200 for rubber floor mats and cargo tray. Now, I have to decide about extended warranty. If anyone has an opinion, please let me know. I have never bought a Lexus before and not sure if I really need the six year/100K warranty. I am planning to hold on to the car for six years. Thanks.
    Personally, I'd pass on the extended warranty. Big money maker for the dealers, no need whatever on a Lexus IMHO.

• csk2csk2 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone have any information on prices in Chicagoland? I'm probably going to pick up an RX350 awd this weekend. I'm looking at getting one with the Premium Package Luxury Value Edition with additional options that seem to be equipped on models shipped to the Midwest: heated seats, rain sensing wipers, headlight washers, wheel locks, cargo mat, and towing prep. MSRP is around $41,700 and so far without very much negotiating I've received prices inbetween $37,900 to $38,500. I'm hoping to end up around $37,000.
  • doctasdoctas Member Posts: 7
    I'm looking at the 350 FWD in south florida. Can you tell me what you paid here? I'm just looking at the premium package.

thanks
  • johnkountzjohnkountz Member Posts: 5
    Yesterday I was able to get a dealer to Invoice + $1500, on any RX 350 they have. Have not closed, wondering if this is about as good as it gets.

This was in Seattle area.

Thanks.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    Pete,

I was wondering how is your test with 87 gas?

I noticed that the rust protection underneath the car does not cover all area like my honda accord. Quite a lot of spaces are not covered such as the gas tank (covered with plastic only), the center, and the main metal support.

Is this because of FWD? how about yours?

The tire is goodyear not michilean in my RX350.

Charles
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    doctas, the MSRP on my model RX350 was $40,000
    for the premium model at Lexus of Tampa Bay. The selling price was $37,000. This includes the rain-sensing wipers, 18in. wheels, the tow prep and I believe some other small items, although I can't remember off the top of my head what the other items are. This model does not have heated seats. This seems to be a regional thing for FWD premium RX350s in the southeast region or in Florida.

Now, my car was purchased back in August, so
    I would think you could get an even better price on the premium RX350, or maybe the
    "December to Remember" event will offer even
    better pricing than what I paid. Good luck
    shopping for your RX. It's a wonderful car!

P.S. I sort of wish I could have purchased my
    car in December so I could request a big red
    bow to put on top of it! (LOL!) Oh, well.
    I couldn't wait that long since I didn't have
    a vehicle due to my Maxima getting totalled in
    an accident. The RX350 cabin is definitely a nice place to be!!!
  • khukhu Member Posts: 3
    Thank this site for helping me on my recent RX350 purchase.
    I closed my deal last night. My new RX350 is AWD, Premium plus, with Nav. List price is $45706. My purchase price is $40,500, including destination.(Tax, doc, are extra). It may not THE lowest price in this site. I am very happy about it. I drove the new back home last night. It is a wonderful car. I got the car from Lexus Bridgewater on Rt 22.
    Now I need to trade-in my old explorer. My question is: how to get a best trade-in value for my old? MY old is in very good condition.
    ;)
  • michie2michie2 Member Posts: 3
    I was at the exact same place last night too. I just purchased the exact same vehicle for $40,700 last night too. So, you really got a good deal.
    I am also trying to decide what to do with my old car, a Volvo which I just took to find out what is wrong with it.
    Turns out its the drive shaft. If you get an answer to your question would you please also let me know.
    Thanks.
  • rho72rho72 Member Posts: 5
    Just placed a deposit in TN on a RX350 FWD SUV level 3 package with navigation/premium plus/18 in wheels/rain sensing wipers with heated seats/towing prep/wheel locks/cargo mat (MSRP $44,306; invoice $39,045). Negotiated price was just under invoice at $39,000. Will be picking up the car this weekend.

The board was very helpful. I'm not sure why but the pricing in the south and southeast is not as aggressive as the rest of the country, especially southern CA. But, I was able to get under invoice with some diligence and patience. Contacted dealers in TN, AL, GA, NC and KY. Closed deal at the end of the month; got the car in TN, about 2.5 hr from where we live. The best prices in the southeast I had seen prior to this were about $1000 over invoice.

Thanks to everyone for posting about their experiences. It really helps.
    Charles,

Mileage with 87 octane is apparently 21.9 mpg whereas with 93 octane it was 19.8; I have no explanation for this.
    I have not had an opportunity to examine the undercarriage so I can't say what areas have "rust protection".
    My tires are Michelin® Energy LX4® 225/65R17.

• bijansimbijansim Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Any one who recently bought RX 350 AWD with navigation system in Saint Louis area wanna share their experience. Planning to buy RX 350 with navigation system, Would appreicate it. Would be willing to drive littile bit for thebest deal
    Thanks
  • dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    Khu, I am considering to get a RX350 with AWD with Nav and premium plus. That 40,500 sounds like a pretty good deal. Could you please mention exactly what all options you have purchased (including floor matts, towing, cargo tray etc etc). Also, did you make this deal through an Internet Sales manager ? Thank you.
  • andrewfomandrewfom Member Posts: 8
    John,

Did you end up buying the RX 350 and if so what was your car's config and sale price? Was it at the Lexus of Bellevue or Seattle? I'm shopping for the same car in WA too. You can reply to me directly, if you prefer that (my email is in my profile).

Andrew

P.S. Do you happen to work at bldg REDW-A ;)? If so, then my alias is andrewf.
    It is a standard NJ package. You don't have much choice except Navigation. Go to the dealer's web site, you will see all the listed items. Here is the link: http://www.lexusofbridgewater.com/en_US/frm_index.chtml?pageName=Redirect2_1&noc- =1&overrideUrl=Redirect2.jsp%3FsiteId%3D867b1a1062401004802e0003ba1952a8%26versi- on%3Dlive%26page_type_layout%3DRedirect2_lexus%26pageName%3DRedirect2_1
    just wanted to let others know:

got the RX350 FWD with premium plus/nav package at jm lexus for 37500 (+++). i believe everything came out to ~40500. i have been looking for a vehicle since may; i am soooo glad this is now over!!! and the rx is awesome!!!! salesmen were h.v. and j.s. and i got the neptune blue like i have been waiting so long for! i think i have enough exclamations in this message already, but right now i'm so excited :D
    :)
    that's what i forgot! the big red bow...

btw, thanks for replying. got my car...sooo excited.

:shades: love the dark blue. and i got talked into the nav system. which comes with heated seats..totally useless in florida :) but i'll guess i'll survice :D
  • chasvchasv Member Posts: 13
    If H.V. is who I think it is, he was pretty cocky over the phone. Sounded like a young guy. He didn't seem to flexible unless I wanted more of a base model. What was the invoice price of your car?
  • patent13patent13 Member Posts: 10
    Did you buy out of existing stock?
    the MSRP was 44,306. they told me they have a lot of premium packages to sell...the price he told me was 34888 for the premium. when i went in they didn't have the color combo i wanted. the other guy i was dealing with didn't want to go down on nav package (with my color combo) but i had him look up the price on edmunds> invoice was ~37500. eventually they sold it for that.
    yes, i bought a car they had there. they were willing to sell me at the same price for a car to be delivered at the end of the month, but i didn't want to wait that long.
    They happened to have the kind of car in the stock that I asked for. So I drove it away on the same day. :)
    So what you're saying is they didn't want to come down on the price until you showed them what Edmunds says their real invoice is? If so, that's the kind of annoying games dealers are hated for. I can't imagine that they didn't have that price on hand. As if they're going to trust an Internet site over their own data.
    they didn't want to come down even after seeing edmunds' invoice price. basically the salesman said he didn't want to go ask his manager for the 37500 because every other person he had asked for was denied. yeah right, like i believed him. i didn't feel like going through all this so i settled for the premium package but with an interior color i didn't like. when i was driving the car the final time, i was a little disappointed i wasn't getting what i really wanted. i think the salesman realized that his survey was in jeopardy (customer not completely satisfied...i wasn't going to select truly outstanding at that point) and then he went to ask his manager for the 37500. i have been car shopping since may and had decided on the lexus since july. i've been in contact with every dealership in south florida and they are all the same. pembroke pines told me that the customers get themselves in trouble by shopping around, countyline just wouldn't budge on prices and were discourteous, kendall lied to me on the phone to get me in and were rude and arrogant, west kendall gave me a good price but it was too far to see whether they were lying or not, and jm gave me a good price with a little bit of haggling. overall i'm not dissatisfied. i had thought that it being a lexus dealership i wouldn't have to put up with these annoying salepeople, but i've learned they aren't called salesmen and have that reputation for nothing. it's well earned, unfortunately. ;)

a little bit of luck, and lots and lots of patience. hope you get what you want. check out dealerrater.com for other reviews.

btw this is my first car purchase, and boy am i glad it's over! :D
  • nathan_mnnathan_mn Member Posts: 3
    I am also looking for the same package. Could you please mail me the dealer name? Thanks for your help.

Nathan
  • nathan_mnnathan_mn Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    Any one who recently bought RX 350 AWD with Premium Plus, navigation system (or with Premium package) in Chicago/Minneapolis area want to share their experience. I Would appreicate it. Planning to buy RX 350 if they offer a good package close to invoice price Would be willing to consider at different city for the best deal. I am open to other packages too..

Thanks
    Nathan
  • patent13patent13 Member Posts: 10
    I told them the price that it is reported they sold the car at and they said the car was not sold at that price. They offered 2007, RX 350, AWD, NAV, Prem +, 2 level heated seats w/ RS, 18 in alloy, towing prep, cargo mat, wheel locks for $41,724 + TTL. They said if I had take a car from inventory it may be better. I have asked for that price.

Thoughts, comments? How did you get them down to the price quoted? I figure with the December promotion they should have more room to deal.
    You can do better in your area (NY, NJ CT), as in invoice price for this car. Invoice means, invoice. Only additional would be TTL.