Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rohit2rohit2 Member Posts: 3
    I did contact lexus of Mission Viejo, CA and got a quote of 37125+TTL. Also the sales guy said it did not include destination which was another 875.. Did you haggle after they sent you the quote..

I am working the local dealers .... thx all for the tips and prices
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    What is MSRP? I live in new Englad and would only purchase an all wheel drive vehicle for those snowy days when I have to go to work.
  • llcpallcpa Member Posts: 2
    I've been quoted $43860 for a 2010 RX 350 AWD, Navi, Comfort and Premium package plus tax and tags. Went to 4 Lexus dealers in the MD/VA area and this was the lowest, is this a good deal? :confuse: Thanks!
    What is MSRP?
  • llcpallcpa Member Posts: 2
    MSRP is $47390
    There have been numerous discounts, per this forum, of over a $5000 discount.
    Maybe check with dealers this week as the year end is fast approaching.
  • jhl7jhl7 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2010 RX350 AWD with premium package. MSRP $43715. Purchase price $37988. OTD $42093 after CA 9.25% tax + document fees. I hope it is a good deal.
  • oncogene03oncogene03 Member Posts: 10
    Just purchased an RX 350 FWD with NAV, PM, and comfort package for 41500. In Dallas TX. Great sales person. Easy to work with. Actually a pleasant experience.
  • rar2rar2 Member Posts: 13
    Sorry for the late response rparis, I'm still in negotiation as I agree with you, you want the AWD up in NE. based on what i have been told you have to get the premium package, heated/vent seats, leather/wood steering wheel, backup cam in the rearview and remote start in NE. Which is fine for me.

I can tell you they were at 36,886 with fwd and all the above - so figuring the awd is approx 1200 more based on that - however that's what they quoted over the phone ...but I'm still thinking it should be at 37-38K for the AWD car. I had quotes of 39202 from the internet spec -AWD, packages/features noted above no NAV and they were supposed to come down from there if you go in person - do NOT go to Chambers - Sharon, they say they are going to come down - but they didn't move one dollar.

I am trading in and although had a price on the fwd wanted the awd and brought up the trade. Ended up saying i'll pay this plus my car. We still have a fair difference but something I'm hoping can be overcome. Still haven't made an arrangement, but still in touch with the dealer so hoping to wrap something up by end of year, if possible.
  • marabuntamarabunta Member Posts: 24
    When I purchased mine I did not mention a trade-in until I had my price so that I would know what they were really giving me for my 2000 Tahoe. They offered me $3,000. I replied that they would have given me more than that when they were offering $4500 cash for clunkers. They said that is correct. I purchased the RX 350 with no trade-in and listed my Tahoe on Craigs List. First person who looked at it paid me $6,750. Trade-ins are usually not the way to go at a Lexus dealer.

By the way, I just purchased clear mats for the front and a black Lexus rubber mat for my RX 350 via E-bay from Park Place Lexus in Grapevine, TX. They sell a lot of Lexus parts and accessories on E-bay and will combine shipping. Same items that they offered me at Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo, but at lower prices and shipping was about the same as I would have paid for sales tax at the Mission Viejo store. They also have good prices on filters, filter wrenches and other items for those who tire of the service costs at the Lexus dealers.

I purchased my 2006 ES 330 from Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo, CA and paid their high prices for service up to and including the 30,000 mile service. However, once they had the car for the 30,000 mile service, I received an emergency telephone call from the service writer informing me about all the items that they discovered needing repair. I gave the service writer a telephonic authorization to repair most of the items and said I would wait on the non emergency repairs. I paid almost $2,000 for that 30,000 mile service for a car that my wife drives like a little old lady. The following day I took the car to a service facility to get a quote for the remaining work and was told the remaining repairs were not needed.

After that I started taking the car to the facility that was not attempting to sell me work that I did not need. I later discovered that the service writers at the Lexus dealership are paid a percentage of the service work that they can sell you. When I purchased my RX 350 from Park Place Lexus in Mission Viejo, they were aware that I would not be using them for service after the two free service visits and the reason I would not use their service department. They told me that they would discuss the matter with the service writer, and I told them no. I feel it would be like sending back food that you don't like at a restaurant and did not want to allow someone that I complained about to have access to my vehicle.
  • lexusshopperlexusshopper Member Posts: 1
    Hi, can you please let me know the name of the dealer and if the price is OTD? I am planning to get one this week in the DFW area.
    It would be great if you could also post your driving experience. Thanks!
  • spaulosespaulose Member Posts: 1
    I will also be making a purchase soon without NAV, would like to know more info on your purchase as to which dealership. Thanks.
  • klaxklax Member Posts: 4
    Just finalized a deal for 2010 RX350 with Comfort, Navi, Premium and few additions (19" wheel, parking assist, wood steering wheel, cross bar, tow prep package, cargo mat/net) etc. Silver exterior with black interior.

MSRP of $47,269
    Invoice (as claimed by dealer) and price of buying - $42,596
    Additonal tax (CA 9.25%) and doc/tire fee of ~$60
  • nliangnliang Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell from which dealer you got the price?
    Stevens Creek Lexus in Nor-Cal
  • jhl7jhl7 Member Posts: 2
    That's right. It was from Stevens Creek Lexus in San Jose, and a pleasant buying experience. Wondering how do you know, klax?
    That's funny. I thought nliang was asking me! My deal was also from Stevens Creek .. :)..
  • jerseyelisejerseyelise Member Posts: 2
    Good deals at Stevens Creek--I have noticed they are low on inventory. Did you buy a car off the lot or did they get it from another dealer? I'm wondering how much of a deal I can get on a color combo not on the lot? Thanks!
  • sschmer1sschmer1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Northen Virginia/DC area, and the dealer in Alexandria won't come off of $39,647 on this same car with MSRP of $43,715.00. Based on some of the prices people have paid for a non-Nav car around the country on this forum it sounds like a bad deal. Is anybody in the VA/DC/MD area doing any better on the non-Nav cars?

Thanks!
    Very true on inventory.. I had a hard time trying to get anything of the lot unless I compromised on one of color or MSRP (53K instead of 47K). So my deal is on a car in transit; should be in the store in another 10 days. Could have gotten a better deal on a car in the lot.
  • redhead8redhead8 Member Posts: 2
    Am looking to purchase an AWD with Premium Pkg and w/o NAVI - MSRP $43,483. Went to an authorized Costco dealer in Chicago area and was offered a price of $2000 over invoice. From the posts here, that seems much too high to pay for the car. Has anyone purchased one recently in the Chicago area? I'd be willing to go to any dealer within 100 miles or so to get the car for a good price.
  • redhead8redhead8 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP is Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. You can get this from the Lexus website under "Build Your Lexus". OTD is Out The Door price including tax and doc fees. Hope this helps.
  • vlizvliz Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased from this dealership. I had a great experience with Perry there. My MSRP was 47,250 and my OTD price was $44,425.00. Perry is an awesome guy. I was jerked around by another dealer (woman walking into a dealership alone kind of treatment) and so I only had 1 day to buy my car before leaving for a business trip. He gave me the quote over the phone and all the other dealers in the area told me it wasn't a "real" price and Perry would "up" the price once I got there. Nothing could have been further from the truth! He even went to bat for me on a car I decided to trade in at the last moment. When they couldn't match the offer I got from CarMax I decided to rush out the door (after signing my docs) and got to CarMax just moments before they closed. Since I would have no way home from the dealership after selling my car, Perry offered to come pick me up from Car Max and get me home! Very nice guy, Ask for him and see if he can't help you.

The reason I didn't take the car home from the dealership is that it had arrived that day and hadn't been "Preped" I
  • luvhikebikeluvhikebike Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for sharing all the info on your new RX 350 purchase. Congrats. I followed your instructions to the letter. The Internet Price I received was $42,000 ($1,100 higher than your quote of $40,900) for the exact same car as per your invoice. It says $42,000 + Tax & License. Does this mean the Destination Charge you mentioned is included in this price? If so, I'd better clarify it before purchase, so I'm not surprised like you. How much extra did they ask you to pay? I've read it's about $875. Should I ask for a price of $40,900? You also mentioned you paid an additional $1,000 for 19" chrome wheels. Are they that much nicer than the 19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels listed at $660? By the way, how do you like your car after driving it for the last couple of weeks? I had my heart set on the new GX60 until I saw it (I like look of GX70 better), and also discovered it doesn't have a power rear door, a disgrace not only for a $60K car BUT a Lexus. Unbelieveable. So thought I'd try a RX. Thanks.
  • oncogene03oncogene03 Member Posts: 10
    Drives great.... I got it from Sewell. Email me at Oncogene03@gmail.com and I will email you the person's name. She was very easy to work with and made the buying experience a somewhat nice. OTD about.- $44700.
    As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, they attempted to add the destination charge when I was in the finance office. It was about $875, but I stuck to the fact that my e-mail quote at $40,980 was what they reduced the MSRP, including the destination charge to. It did not take much in the way of arguing and they honored the price. It could have been a simple mistake that they made in responding to my request. I don't know if they will honor it again or not. If you can send me a private message, I will be glad to call you so you can tell them that I told you about my deal and you want my price. I paid an additional $1,000 for the chrome wheels, but their cost for the wheels was $1200 so they lowered the price of the vehicle to $40,700 and added the wheels at $1200 so the total came out to $41,980. My original quote had been $40,980, but I mistakenly stated it as $40,900 in this blog. The chrome wheel price was for 19 inch wheels and I could only get them if I purchased the 19 inch wheels at $660 first. It makes a big difference in the appearance of the vehicle. I have a number of friends who have purchased various cars at Lexus of Mission Viejo and we all have purchased the chrome wheels every time. They look better on the darker colors, but they still look good on the lighter colors. The vehicle will look much smaller without the 19 inch wheels and they are already included in most of the cars with the navigation system at this dealership. We were thinking about the GX, but I did not like the gas mileage. I just sold a Tahoe and could not justify ignoring the gas mileage for the RX. Finally I am very pleased with the vehicle and would not hesitate to purchase another one. As I pointed out I said I would only take one that was built in Japan. Looking at some of the internet information, it appears that you may be more likely to have problems with the cars built in Canada. Good Luck.
  • travl7travl7 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone leased a new RX 350 pretty well equiped and what did you end up paying for the lease? What was the depreciation and lease fee if you know it? Or a breakdown of the lease:
    MRSP:
    Capital Cost:
    Residual Value:
    Depreciation:
    Monthly Depreciation:
    Lease Fee:
    Total Lease Fee:

Thanks,
  • lonestar4lonestar4 Member Posts: 11
    What's the MSRP? Thanks,
  • tg2063tg2063 Member Posts: 8
    Thats a good buy! I got one with similar package from Highland Park in IL (30 min north of Chicago) for 43900. Of course, the price is not as good as yours; but the MSRP was about 48500!! It appears that the sticker price changes according to the location.. and you guys in CA and NJ (who seem to predominate in our forum) seem to luck out :-) Any way I had gone to about 4 dealers and this was the best I could get, and for a few hundred dollars I didnt want to go out of state (as some people seem to do) And I should mention I absolutely love the car, esp the NAV system and the "mouse control". and I hate the location of the power outlets and aux jack!!.
  • mister_mrmister_mr Member Posts: 5
    I'm posting the details of today's purchase in thanks to all the previous posters whose deal info helped me.

2010 FWD Blk/Blk with LL, NV, CP, ML, GF, PA, TO, crossbars & accessory pkg. This is a japan build that hit port in October.

MSRP: $51,479
    Dealer's Invoice: $45,919
    Edmunds Invoice: $45,699

Cash purchase / no trade-in

I opened with an offer of $45,000. Once we started negotiating the dealer quickly came down to $47,900 and tried to close. I balked and continued to negotiate. The asst sales manager let me walk away with their "final" offer of $46,919. I called and talked to the general manager the next day. He offered $46,600 and then $46,300 which I accepted ($5,179 below MSRP). Based on the many others here who've gotten around $5,000 below MSRP on cars less expensive than this (in the $47k-48k MSRP range), I think I could have gotten to the dealer's invoice ($45,919) with another walk-away and maybe even a bit lower. This deal was a tad tricky because this particular config seems to be fairly rare and there aren't many sitting on dealer lots (I couldn't locate another one in inventory within 200 miles). This large dealer was only sitting on four RX 350s in inventory, thus wasn't super motivated at the moment. Also, this dealer owns both Lexus dealerships in our metropolitan area and the nearest other dealers are almost an hour away. My ideal goal going in was to get under $46k but I settled at $46,300 ($381 over dealer invoice). They also threw in the second service visit on the car (apparently Lexus buys the first one).

Another unique challenge in this situation was that the option configuring software on Carsdirect.com's site (and several other sites) won't configure this exact build. When selecting the Mark Levinson audio upgrade these sites force the rear seat entertainment system, believing that one requires the other. Obviously this is not true (or is no longer true) since I have one in my garage that has the ML without the rear seat ent system (and the Edmunds site lets you build this correctly). Using a combo of other options, I configured a very similar car to within a couple dollars of the same MSRP. The Carsdirect price was $46,143 for this 'proxy' config. However, using this price quote in the negotiation was weakened a bit because it wasn't exactly the same car. Even assuming that Carsdirect would accept a phone order for the actual config I wanted and give me this price, it was still definitely worth the $157 delta to buy locally, get the same car I test drove and get it right now (I'm patient and value conscious, but instant gratification is worth something even to me).

I hope this recounting of my experience helps others get a fair deal from their local dealer.
  • avestoravestor Member Posts: 10
    What was the dealership that gave you the lowest price and what other dealerships did you shop?
    Congratulations on your purchase. You make a very good point in that your dealer only had 4 RX 350s when you were negotiating. When I made my purchase it appeared my dealer had almost a hundred. They had 7 in red with the navigation package, but I insisted on the 1 of the 7 that was manufactured in red. Basically, it appeared that they had several cars in each color with each package level. This no doubt helps when you are trying to get the best price. I continue to be very happy with my purchase.
  • newmdxgirlnewmdxgirl Member Posts: 3
    Cutco 760

Which dealer in NJ will give the deal with Nav and remote start for 42K?

Thanks!
    How were you able to determine what was in inventory or was this for a car not on the lot ?

Did the car you get have the wood & leather wheel (WU), the towing prep (TO) & the additional speakers (EX) & Accessory package (mat net & locking wheels)? that is the package online when you build your own that comes in at an MSRP of $47,250.

Also did you try to negotiate using the dealer 2% holdback (about $780 in possible additional dealer profit)?
    Avestor,

I determined what was in inventory by asking the salesperson when I walked on the lot and then confirmed by asking the general manager later and by checking the cars listed on the dealership's website and having walked around the lot. All those data points basically agreed with each other.

The car had LL, NV, CP, ML, GF, PA, TO, crossbars & accessory pkg. So yes TO is on there. The WU is included in one of the other packages (LL I think), the additional speakers are part of the Mark Levinson package (ML).

Yes, I discussed the 2% holdback and the 1% WFR (wholesale financial reserve) plus various sales volume incentives. Unlike most salespeople, the GM was a straight shooting business man (this is the GM of the whole dealership, not the sales manager). We had a frank discussion and he admitted that he had occasionally sold cars slightly below dealer invoice and that he does get those kickbacks. He just wasn't willing to sell this unusual car below invoice, particularly when he only had a few 350s in stock at the moment. He knew that I would have to go a long way to get a car configured like this and probably wait a while. He correctly surmised that it wasn't worth haggling over another 3 or 4 hundred dollars to me.

At work I get involved in negotiating multi-million dollar business deals so I think I have a fair bit of experience in general negotiating and I had that spidey-sense that this was essentially the bottom line (or close to it) for this car, from this dealer, on this day. As I said, I could have done a little better if I'd been after a more common configuration and/or had been more willing to drive 50-100 miles.
    Which Dealership ?
    What was MSRP including destination?
    What was final deal price including destination?
    (I assume Tax and Tags were then added)

interesting that your car had the luxury package instead of the premium which is more common. but with heads up, Mark Levinson and Parking assist it sounds pretty cool.
    Premium seems to add a tilt& Slide moonroof w/ sunshade (instead of slide only ?)
    and some memory for the drivers seat and mirrors (odd that the luxury would not include that) and a rear armrest storage, while Luxury adds sideview monitor, 19" wheels and headlamp cleaners.
    OOPs Guess I wanted to know which dealer llcpa used. Sorry Mister Mr, it appears that you stated that your MSRP was 51 and you got it for under 46. was that also in the DC area?
  • funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    Does anyone know if there are any rebates, incentives or dealer marketing support on RX 350 for the month of January?

Also, Does anyone know when can we expect 2011 RX 350 at the dealership?
    Avestor,

Yes, the MSRP includes the destination fee (I believe this is always the case, I've never seen it otherwise). The final deal price in my original post also included destination (an $825 standard fee in CA). The out-the-door price was $46,300 plus tax, reg, plates and $55 document prep fee and $8 Calif environmental fee - no other fees of any kind (I jokingly call them "fung sui fees"). I *think* the era has passed when brand-name new car dealers would try to slide extraneous fees onto the contract and disguise them as mandatory or government fees. I haven't seen that sort of gamesmanship in at least 15 years. Maybe they just don't try it with me because I always make my joke about "feng sui fees" before they start drafting the paperwork and they've already learned that I'll get up and walk out at the slightest weirdness.

The car that I got (detailed by the two-letter codes in my original post) does have "tilt&slide moonroof w/sunshade". I'm not aware that there is a slide moon roof without tilt. I believe there is only one moon roof option and it includes all the things you mention.

This car also has memory locations for the position of the driver's seat, steering wheel, mirrors etc. A preset can be tied to each passive entry key fob. It has rear armrest storage. You should refer to the Lexus website and various option configuration tools online (Edmunds etc). They have descriptions of what's in each package. Read carefully as many of the "mega-packages" include options also listed separately as individual options and some options are shared between more than one mega-package (like the NAV). The car I bought basically has every factory option except the rear seat entertainment package (EY) and the pre-collision / radar cruise control (PS), neither of which I wanted. Whoever specced this config thought a lot like I do.

I've read on this forum that different option configs are determined regionally by the dealers, so the one I got may not be readily available outside the west coast except by special order.
  • dcmetrodcmetro Member Posts: 2
    After reading postings here and research on Edmunds, I purchased a 2010 RX 350 - AWD, Nav, Comfort, Premium, leather/wood, tow, etc. in MD last week. MSRP - $47250. Paid - $42,900 plus tax and $100 fee.
    DCMETRO What dealer in MD?
  • rxersrxers Member Posts: 9
    Marabunta,

How do you like those clear mats? Do they seem dangerous (meaning getting stuck in the accelartor pedal)? Also are they the ExactMat brand? Thanks!
  • dcmetrodcmetro Member Posts: 2
    I purchased at Lexus of Rockville on 12/30. Did a comparison at Lindsay Lexus in Alexandria. Both were willing to give this deal or close.
  • vince27vince27 Member Posts: 1
    I dealt with this dealership this past weekend and it was the worst experience EVER at a dealership.
    They lied to me, stole from my car, and it took four hours to replace a plastic panel piece from beneath my car. And it ends up they ordered the wrong piece (but the mechanic didn't notice until 2.5 hours into my wait). So I was returned a dirty car (they said it was in the wash--for 45 minutes) with a perfectly normal piece missing and the broken piece still hanging off the bottom of my car. That mechanic needs to be replaced with a robot because he cannot determine which piece to replace even though the broken one was hanging in front of his face when the car is lifted. :mad:
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    "feng sui fees"....come on you knew that someone would be asking...right?...well lets us in your "joke"...I have never heard it...
  • luvhikebikeluvhikebike Member Posts: 2
    What dealership was this? Sounds more reputable than the ones I've visited.

Thanks.
  • cruiserroncruiserron Member Posts: 12
    mister_mr,
    Here is the MSRP breakdown on the vehicle I purchased in Concord, Ca., Dec 14.
    Vehicle Base $38,650
    CP 1,950 PA 500
    GF 1,200 TO 238
    LL 4,900 WL 61
    ML 1,610 GN 59
    NV 2,465 C1 92
    Destination 875
    Total MSRP 52,600 Price Paid $47,000
    Why the large difference in our MSRPs? I know you had the 3T Crossbars.
  • dpeidpei Member Posts: 5
    Rx350 with premium(MSRS USD43,715), local dealer offer 39,500, but I want USD38,000, anyone knows good dealer in Long Island,NY, or within 100 miles.

Thanks in advance!
  • brkps123brkps123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi went to my local lexus dealership this morning and saw the following...

RX 350 2007 with no nav package 30,000 miles for $27,500
    RX 350 2007 with nav package 23,000 miles for $30,500

It would be an additional $3,500 for pre-certification on either vehicle.

Is this a good deal? Do you think I can negotiate from these prices? If so where should I start and what is the best price I can hope to get?

I appreciate your time because I am a first time buyer!
  • funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    These prices are Outrageous. 30K for three year old car is too much. I wouldn't even consider these prices. Did you look at auto trader or craigs list to see if there are any RX 350 on sell from private seller? You are not going to find good deal from dealers on used RX 350.