Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mefromflmefromfl Member Posts: 32
    Can someone please let me know if this is a good deal?

White RX350 FWD - Prem/Nav, Comfort and Luxury package with heads up display

MSRP $50,800

Dealer offered $46,756 + $559 (dealer fee)

thanks in advance for your reply.
  • funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    It's ok deal. I have seen people getting 5K off MSRP and those had lower MSRP then yours. Considering 2011 should be here soon, It's not good deal. If you really have to buy it then go ahead.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    I think you should try to negotiation another $1,500 off. With dealer fee, your quote is discounted by less than $3,500. As funnyguy pointed out, people are getting $5k+ off on a lesser car. The invoice on that car is about $45,000. At $5,000 off the dealer is still making $800 plus dealer holdbacks.
  • cruiserroncruiserron Member Posts: 12
    I got an AWD RX350, MSRP $52,600 for $47,000. Plus they took my 2007 RX350 which had a $26,000 balance on the lease, and gave me $30,000. However, it only had 18,500 miles.
  • missyann4missyann4 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the process of buying rx 350. The dealer ship in new orleans wants to sell the suv for 47,500.00 That price is to high. I would purchase for 39,000.00.
    What is the MSRP?
  • aniluckyanilucky Member Posts: 13
    Hi
    I am getting a deal
    $47250 @ $550 pm/12K miles lease for a RX 350 - 2010 AWD + Nav. I asked him to include the DVD but he said it would be $1500 more for the flip one.

Let me know if this is a good deal?

Thanks
    -Ani
    Sorry I forgot to mention $2500 cash down includes regn fee..etc + first month payment.
  • marqevansmarqevans Member Posts: 29
    Do you have sales tax to pay or is that rolled into the lease?
  • samwalsamwal Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    I've just got RX350 (Blizzard Pearl color w/ 19" wheel) last week 2/21/10 and paid $41,418 + Tx (incl. Prem./Nav and Luxury pkg.) at Longo Lexus, El Monte, CA.
    That's included in the lease. $550 incl taxes.
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    What was MSRP?
    47250 - MSRP
  • rxownerrxowner Member Posts: 2
    Just got a rx350 MSRP 45,486 for 40,000 plus taxes and registration in Southern Cal. area. Includes Navigation and premium package.
  • dong99dong99 Member Posts: 7
    This is an amazing deal. We went to a NJ Lexus dealer today, for a RX350 AWD with PM, HS, EC, TO, & WU packages plus some little things (like cargo net, wheel lock), without NV, they wanted $40,900. I wish I could get similar discount for the RX configured as I want.

One question, the dealer said all RX came with previously mentioned packages, however I only want PM and EC, do not care about HS, TO & WU packages. But they said those kind of configuration needs to be specially ordered. Is that true? Thanks!
  • henry_gearhenry_gear Member Posts: 2
    Hi Rxowner,
    Would you give me the dealer's name that you bought the car from? Is your car a FWD or AWD?
  • rustlerskirustlerski Member Posts: 2
    Was just quoted $43,919 + t&l for 2010 RX 350 AWD with PM, NV, CP, EK, FT, PA, PM, TO, WU packages. Is this a good price or should I be more aggressive with it? I'm in Socal.

Also, my request to the dealer was with only the PM, NV, HS, EK and WU packages. The dealer tells me that I cannot just get these but have to get all the ones listed above (such as CP instead of just HS). Does anyone know if Lexus takes custom orders so I'm not paying for options I don't want/need?
  • jabberjawsjabberjaws Member Posts: 9
    Dealer offered me $40,900 on RX350 with every option but Nav. MSRP is $43,800. Is this a good deal? What is best deal some of you might have received for this same configuration?
  • rxownerrxowner Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    It was in the LA area. A few of the dealerships in the LA area will sell it for $40,500. You have to really work them to get to $40,000. I bought the fwd.
  • adam2009adam2009 Member Posts: 13
    Hey Dong99... could it be possible to give me the contact info of the dealer in NJ.. I am also shopping around for an RX350 with CP ,NAV & RE(Rear entertainment)

Thanks for you help
  • rar2rar2 Member Posts: 13
    Hi, Jabberjaws, I have been quoted $39200 for RX350 AWD with Premium pkg, heated ventilated/seats,wood/leather steering,towing prep package;backup monitor in rearview, plus remote starter (believe I included everythin) with an MSRP of $44090. I'm in Mass. It was in December but they have called me as recent as end of February with same pricing.
    Thanks for your info rar2. I went again yesterday and tested one with nav., premium and comfort package that was about MSRP $47,300 -- they will sell at $500 over invoice which is around $43,000. Is this a good deal?
  • adam2009adam2009 Member Posts: 13
    Hey jabberjaws, I am in NY and I was quoted 46,500 for the same configuration... you seem to be having a good quote... would you mind giving me the info for the dealer and contact... Mas is 2 hr drive for me... i am thinking of getting it from Mas if the they can give me for the same price...it may be worth the drive... Also how much would it be for the rear entertainment package...

Thanks and appreciate your help
    Is it normal for my dealer to ask me for 1k deposit to special order my car? Is there any trick with this?

they say they don't have a prem with nav, comfort and luxury and those needs to be special ordered.

Please let me know what I should say when they want deposit.
  • marabuntamarabunta Member Posts: 24
    I don't believe that it is unusual for a dealer to request a deposit when specially ordering a vehicle. Just make sure that you get locked into a good price. Your deposit will probably not be given back if you change your mind so you want everything spelled out in your agreement.
    What -- you were quoted $46,500 for a vehicle with $47,300 MSRP? That is definitely not a good deal. All dealers in the Atlanta area are around the $42 - 43,000 range on $47,300 MSRP config so contact any of them in the area and they can get you much, much better deal. Try Nalley Lexus -- they are great. I am not getting the rear entertainment package so don't have price on that option.
  • funguy123funguy123 Member Posts: 94
    that is a worst price I have seen here... Anything below $4k - $5k discount is NOT a good deal.

Actually, since this almost end of 2010 RX, I would say wait a little while, you could get $8k - $10k off when 2011 comes out.
  • rustlerskirustlerski Member Posts: 2
    Updating my post from before (2010 RX 350 AWD with PM, NV, CP, EK, FT, PA, PM, TO, WU), I have a dealer offering $43,684 on a sticker of $49,044.
    This seems like a pretty good deal to me. Is it?
    I got one with everything including the luxury package, heads up, and Mark Levinson sound system. The dealer checked with other dealers and I got it the next day.
  • chicago_jeffchicago_jeff Member Posts: 2
    I saw an earlier post asking about McGrath Lexus of Westmont. I had a horrible buying experience with them. You should avoid McGrath. There are plenty of other Lexus dealerships in the Chicago area that are more reputable and will treat you better.
  • tom_tsengtom_tseng Member Posts: 3
    I currently live in Portland and sadly there is only one dealer in Oregon. They quoted me a sad ~$1500 off a MSRP $49000 Rx. Thinking about getting the car from CA or WA then flatbed ship the car to OR. Anyone had experience in doing so? What are the things that I should take caution about?

Thanks!
    edited March 2010
    Dealers do this all the time and there are a number of companies that transport vehicles. Why not make arrangements to pick up the vehicle on a Saturday morning and drive it home? US 1 North along the coast is a great drive and you can break the car in. The savings will easily pay for your effort and a night, with a great meal in Carmel, CA. I have purchased a number of new cars from "out of state" over the years and I always pick them up at the dealerships and drive them home. If you ship it make sure that you use a bonded company.
  • tom_tsengtom_tseng Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2010
    Thank you very much for your reply. I intially thought about doing that until I saw this on the web. :cry:
    Answers.Com

Search for
    "I'm a Oregon resident buying a car in California Do I owe California sales tax?"
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    If the car is delivered to you, out of state... you won't owe California tax...

However, all California dealers are required to collect sales tax for any car they sell in California...

In the past, some dealers would drive the car across the Nevada state line to deliver to out-of-state customers...

(of course, if you are a Calfornia resident, you'll pay the tax, no matter where the car is delivered)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I was able to come to terms with a dealer through email

they didn't ask me for deposit, is this normal? Can they scam me in anyway and I don't get the car I wanted in 2 weeks?

What are the scam involve when i'm waiting on a car for delivery. Or should I just make a small deposit?
    If you like the deal and do not feel you can do better, then give then give them $1,000 on the car. I try to use my cashback credit card for the deposit, but the dealer will only let me charge $3,000 so that is usually my deposit. I just like to have the dealer "locked in" on good deals.
  • bburton222bburton222 Member Posts: 3
    Could you please let me know what the two PMs options were? Also what dealer did you select in the end and were you satisfied?

Thanks
  • benddebbenddeb Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Mr cruiserron - Can I ask how much you paid? I was given a price of $50985.00 for an MSRP of $53,254.00. They don't have the vehicle I want in the lot and had to order it with the luxury package, heads up and Mark Levinson. I'm from Oregon and wondering if this amount is too high?
    My MSRP was $52,600 and I paid $47,000. I think you should not have to pay more than $47,582. That is taking the same percentage off MSRP that I got.
    You know they may be charging you more for the special order. Have them check with other dealers for a vehicle equipped as you would like, even as far as Washington or Northern California. The cost for them to transport to Oregon would still be worth it.
  • mark_91320mark_91320 Member Posts: 1
    New 2010 RX 350 FWD, has everything (including chrome wheels) except the heads-up display: sticker was 52,018, and when done, the price was down to 46,500. Bought it two days ago in Valencia CA. Love it!
    After months of pondering which SUV to buy -- the RX350 or the Audi Q5 -- I quickly decided on the RX350 after going back to the Audi dealership this weekend to try out their Navigation on the Q5. The nav on the RX350 was far superior than the Q5, so this sealed my decision. I got a white RX350 with nav, premium package, park assist, etc. for $41,900 -- MSRP was $47,300. I feel I got a great deal and the salesman was teriffic. I am happy thus far with my purchase!
    Another possibility would be for you to order the vehicle from your California dealer and have it "drop shipped" to another dealer in your state, Have you discussed this with your dealer to see what options the dealer can offer?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Mark, did the MSRP on the car include the Chrome Wheels or did they charge for the wheels??
  • mlock6mlock6 Member Posts: 22
    Where did you purchase it?
    Thanks
  • nandinandi Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Does this price includes TTL?

Thanks
  • nandinandi Member Posts: 2
    Does this price includes TTL?
  • texaspatexaspa Member Posts: 5
    Just started looking at 2010 SUV's and have it narrowed down to the Lexus RX350 and Nissan Murano. We are located in Houston, Texas. The sales person at the Lexus dealership quoted $44,109 w/o NV and $47,644 with NV stating they would come down around $2,300. From reading the posts, it seems like 10% or more is the norm for discounting off the MSRP. Should 10% off be our starting point?
    Thank you for any help.
    Yes, 10% should be the starting point.
    I got a pretty good deal from a Tampa dealer - $5,500 off msrp and discount on the rear dvd entertainment.

let me know if you want salesperson name